It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This affects MO and Nebraska. So I say it will be in all 50 states within 5 days, what do you think?

Shouldn't that be 53 states, according to BO?

you have failed at your attempt to be witty.
when he misspoke he said 57.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

South Carolina

At least 8 confirmed cases.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Back on topic folks, This isn't about what you think of Obama. This thread is being monitored closely.

Yes, remember, Big Brother is watching you!

Second line

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ok everyone sorry about the bad joke about dying from swine flu, i just dont like that poor obama crap..

He dosent give a crap about any of us, so dont jump to his defense.. I hope this thing goes away to, like everyone else here..

Someone very very evil is s'n-word'ing right now on whats going on, and obama is most probably sitting on his lap.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
CDC issued new Recommendations for EMS and Medical First Responder Personnel Including Firefighter and Law Enforcement First Responders: please note CDC uses the term Swine-Origin Influenza A (S-OIV) rather than swine flu

•Step 1: EMS personnel should stay more than 6 feet away from patients and bystanders with symptoms and exercise appropriate routine respiratory droplet precautions while assessing all patients for suspected cases of swine-origin influenza.
•Step 2: Assess all patients for symptoms of acute febrile respiratory illness (fever plus one or more of the following: nasal congestion/ rhinorrhea, sore throat, or cough).
◦If no acute febrile respiratory illness, proceed with normal EMS care.
◦If symptoms of acute febrile respiratory illness, then assess all patients for travel to a geographic area with confirmed cases of swine-origin influenza within the last 7 days or close contact with someone with travel to these areas.
■If travel exposure, don appropriate PPE for suspected case of swine-origin influenza.
■If no travel exposure, place a standard surgical mask on the patient (if tolerated) and use appropriate PPE for cases of acute febrile respiratory illness without suspicion of swine-origin influenza (as described in PPE section).
If the CDC confirmed swine-origin influenza in the geographic area (www.cdc.gov... )

•Step 1: Address scene safety:
◦If PSAP advises potential for acute febrile respiratory illness symptoms on scene, EMS personnel should don PPE for suspected cases of swine-origin influenza prior to entering scene.
◦If PSAP has not identified individuals with symptoms of acute febrile respiratory illness on scene, EMS personnel should stay more than 6 feet away from patient and bystanders with symptoms and exercise appropriate routine respiratory droplet precautions while assessing all patients for suspected cases of swine-origin influenza.
•Step 2: Assess all patients for symptoms of acute febrile respiratory illness (fever plus one or more of the following: nasal congestion/ rhinorrhea, sore throat, or cough).
◦If no symptoms of acute febrile respiratory illness, provide routine EMS care.
◦If symptoms of acute febrile respiratory illness, don appropriate PPE for suspected case of swine-origin influenza if not already on.

Personal protective equipment (PPE):
Interim recommendations:

•When treating a patient with a suspected case of swine-origin influenza as defined above, the following PPE should be worn:
◦Fit-tested disposable N95 respirator and eye protection (e.g., goggles; eye shield), disposable non-sterile gloves, and gown, when coming into close contact with the patient.
•When treating a patient that is not a suspected case of swine-origin influenza but who has symptoms of acute febrile respiratory illness, the following precautions should be taken:
◦Place a standard surgical mask on the patient, if tolerated. If not tolerated, EMS personnel may wear a standard surgical mask.
◦Use good respiratory hygiene – use non-sterile gloves for contact with patient, patient secretions, or surfaces that may have been contaminated. Follow hand hygiene including hand washing or cleansing with alcohol based hand disinfectant after contact.
•Encourage good patient compartment vehicle airflow/ ventilation to reduce the concentration of aerosol accumulation when possible.

Source

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This affects MO and Nebraska. So I say it will be in all 50 states within 5 days, what do you think?

Shouldn't that be 53 states, according to BO?

you have failed at your attempt to be witty.
when he misspoke he said 57.

Phew, tough crowd

You ever heard of paralysis by analysis?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well here's confirmation that San Diego and Riverside County have declared states of emergency. I still think the numbers here are being under reported:

"A suspected case of the swine flu has sickened a student at the University of San Diego, school officials said Thursday....On Wednesday, San Diego and Riverside counties declared states of emergency as confirmed and suspected cases of the swine flu in the two jurisdictions climbed to 12."

www.northcountytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Seems Ft Worth is cancelling almost all of their events for the city it seems.

The concerns over the spread of swine flu have led to the cancellation of Mayfest and all other major outdoor events in Fort Worth this weekend, according to a note sent out to police officers and administrators by Fort Worth Police Chief Jeff Halstead.

Star Telegram

Cancelling a Mayfest is a big thing. A whole lot of people spend a full year planning those, and I am sure Fort Worth Mayfest is a big one. Now all the bands and vendors have to be notified.

Considering this flu was only announced six days ago it certainly is making big waves. I can't remember anything ever being cancelled due to a flu of any kind in the US. Not even one school though I imagine a school here or there has been closed a time or two.

But still open borders and unlimited flights. It's all so confusing.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am speaking to a guy from Mexico who i have on my msn contacts. He just told me something interesting. If i recall correctly he lives in Veracruz. I asked him was the flu bad over there he said yes but not where he lives yet.

He said about 75% of people including himself think it is all BS. But he told me that yesterday the government passed a new drug law making all drugs (in small doses) legal. Including ecstasy.

He said because of the media reporting all the flu and infections and crap that attention was distracted away from it.

Now make of that what you will. I haven't heard anything about it before...but still its weird.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
CNN just now on Blitzer...National Guard Mobilized by 5 states to protect TamiFlu stockpiles.

Er...TamiFlu is stockpiled? They showed an empty warehouse with dudes standing around a pallet of (allegedly) does of TamiFlu.

Also Relenza per Janet Napolitano. She says they're moving it out to states with confirmed incidents.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Hey it's cool. The only comments people hold grudges about is religion.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
CNN just now on Blitzer...National Guard Mobilized by 5 state to protect TamiFlu stockpiles.

Er...TamiFlu is stockpiled? They showed an empty warehouse with dudes standing around a pallet of (allegedly) does of TamiFlu.

No way, you have to be kidding. You're not kidding. I can't deal with that mental picture.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
DHS is lying that they have stocked piled anti virals for this type of flu......

There is no anti viral medicine for this.......Tamiflu is good for the human strain of the virus ONLY........which means if you have it the possibility that the other strains WILL becom stronger against your immune system

FYI for all to know

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I am speaking to a guy from Mexico who i have on my msn contacts. He just told me something interesting. If i recall correctly he lives in Veracruz. I asked him was the flu bad over there he said yes but not where he lives yet.

He said about 75% of people including himself think it is all BS. But he told me that yesterday the government passed a new drug law making all drugs (in small doses) legal. Including ecstasy.

He said because of the media reporting all the flu and infections and crap that attention was distracted away from it.

Now make of that what you will. I haven't heard anything about it before...but still its weird.

ALL DRUGS ARE LEGAL NOW! Would make alot of sense, kill the drug cartels.. its one way of doing it i suppose.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
why is closing the borders like closing the barn door after the horse has left? as president obama said.

what the hell kind of analogy is this? just because the flu's already in the country we want to let MORE people with it in?

my head hurts.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

This is just word of mouth from me, but it supports what I've seen in some live chat rooms. Two people claiming to be from Mexico saying it's MUCH worse than is being reported. Saying they need help. Weird.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

I think that's from 2006.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here is an email I sent to my friends:

www.buffalonews.com...

Well it is here officially for my Western New yorkers.

At least we are going camping and hiking this weekend…..away from people, hopefully clear my head…..I think I am being overly paranoid of this, but still it is human instinct for survival mode. Which a lot of people don't seem to have these days. I probably get it from growing up on a ranch, from being self sufficient growing up. Which also brings up a got point about alot of people here in New York that don't know how to grow food, slaughter an animal, start a fire etc. Basic survival mechanisims that I was taught growing up. They have been de-sensitized to the basic survival mode that was programed into us, due to easy living, they would rather go to the supermarket to get everything they need. What happens when it is not there because the masses are hoarding it, or services are no longer available? What happens if exports and imports stop coming into this country? Always think ahead…..rememeber that once this breaks out very badly people are going to go to the grocery/supermarkets and get everything they can to sustain themselves for at least a month. Be rest assured that economies will be hurt badly! If you need help with a kit here is a great site the Department of Homeland security just put out recently: www.ready.gov... yes, I may be paranoid in some peoples eyes, but at least I am a prepared paranoid person. Just don't come to me asking for stuff when I warned you, I will be guarding it with my life.

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
CNN just now on Blitzer...National Guard Mobilized by 5 states to protect TamiFlu stockpiles.

Also Relenza per Janet Napolitano. She says they're moving it out to states with confirmed incidents.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by ~Lucidity]

When the National Guard starts protecting drugs thats scary. Why would they need to if there are so few cases? Hmmm...

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join