It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
gonig to the puub please keeping updating for a nice read when i get back

link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
i think we have to start worrying when H1N1 developts immunity to tamiflu which it no doubt will

Word is that tamilflu isn't much help anyway, that it's more of a stopgap measure to delay the symptoms.

link   
reply to post by infinite

www.bloomberg.com...

Now the Mexican government is closing all bussinesses.

link   
The confirmed swine flu in Georgia is in Lagrange, Ga.

My son in laws family lives there. His sister works at the local hospital and told us last week that there was a possible case of swine flu there.

The patient has been in hospital since April 21.

I just made my last trip to a public place this morning. Getting ready to lock down soon. Don't want to do this but have a lung disease and the flu would probably kill me quickly.

As far as a panic level it is 0. I have no panic as ATS members have prepared me well for a sitx such as this.

I am concerned but not afraid or worried. We knew something was coming just didn't know exactly what or when.

I hope those that had not prepared before this situation will do so asap.

I'm very thankful I found ATS and joined.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
First signs of travel restrictions...

# Mexico: Australia, Britain, Canada, Sri Lanka Issue Travel Advisories for Mexico in Response to Influenza A (H1N1) Outbreak. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by jonny2410
i think we have to start worrying when H1N1 developts immunity to tamiflu which it no doubt will

Word is that tamilflu isn't much help anyway, that it's more of a stopgap measure to delay the symptoms.

i think the goverment is worrying so much because if millions get this flu not all will be able to get tamiflu ( which helps i think ) and they will die just like in mexico where i presume they dont have much tamiflu and ant virals etc

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by cosmicpixie

This article should be a new thread.

I was thinking it might be an idea for someone to start a thread where we can collect all these kinds of "insider " stories in one place. I would endeavour to do it myself only I've just had a glass of Martini and it's gone straight to my head . Maybe you could start it ? Otherwise I'll sort it tomorrow .

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

good idea if anyone is close to each other

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is a new set of cases..

# Mexico, Puebla: 93 Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Under Investigation Three Cases in Isolation. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It is worse than they are telling us, there is supposedly one unconfirmed case in MO, but then they say this???

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The swine flu's probable arrival in Missouri prompts a lawmaker to suggest school children should stay away from the Missouri Capitol.

House member Rob Schaaf, a family physician from St. Joseph, wore a mask over his mouth and nose on Thursday during a legislative session. He told colleagues he was trying to draw attention to the swine flu.
Missouri lawmaker warns children to avoid Capitol

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

*edit to add* uh just why would this need More attention???

[edit on 30-4-2009 by LDragonFire]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I am ready too.

Only one single reason:

With restrictions on travel, imports, exports... what is happening?

Higher price, lower avail of many products... no proof, I am no economist but... seems logical no?

We will be in quarantine maybe, so why not buy some stuff now. There is no inconvenient in doing it now.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
UPDATE: Multnomah County in Oregon has confirmed the first case of the H1N1 flu. My ex just called me less than 5 mins ago and said an hour ago NBC(?) tv station announced it's first confirmed case. My ex said that if they are confirmed with the H1N1 Flu, they will be given a shot and sent home.

going to OregoneLIVE to confirm this...update in a few..

CONFIRMED: on the front page..

www.oregonlive.com...

to add: My daughter has the signs of a cold...hopefully she'll take my advice and go the free clinic to get checked out.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Komodo]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Komodo]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bonesinis

www.politico.com...

Obama's team could be infected? That would makes some real news!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

hope you'll be ok x

link   
Thanks for the update on Mexico. We are likely going to have to close down our company's Mexico City office for a few days. No one has the flu yet in that office, but better safe than sorry I say. With the flu getting closer to the office here in Michigan we'll have to close it down as well if someone gets sick. I'm definitely listening for any coughing or sneezing.

link   
# US, New York: Health officials indicate Onondaga County student is probable influenza A (H1N1) case; school to close. #swineflu #H1N15 minutes ago from web

# US, New Hampshire: Concord hospital employee identified as probable influenza A (H1N1) case by state health officials. #swineflu #H1N16 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This update just came up on the WHO website:

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 6
30 April 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve rapidly. As of 17:00 GMT, 30 April 2009, 11 countries have officially reported 257 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

The United States Government has reported 109 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Mexico has reported 97 confirmed human cases of infection, including seven deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (19), Germany (3), Israel (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (3), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (8)........

You know good and well, if Mexico has confirmed 97 cases, that means 5.097 people probably have the virus. I'm not trying to create panic or fear, I just know Mexico is overwhelmed, most of the people there live in remote slums/villas and they are not testing all the sick people. Heck a large amount of those people probably don't even KNOW about the swine flu so wouldn't know to go for help when they DO get sick.

www.who.int...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
# Belize: At Least Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; First Suspected Cases in the Country. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Err, I just noticed, the US has more confirmed cases of the swine flu than Mexico. Anyone else catch that?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
# Belize: At Least Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported #swineflu #H1N1less than 10 seconds ago from web

# Ireland: Department of Health confirms first influenza A (H1N1) case. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join