It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just saw on channel 5 news here in DFW area and they confirmed again that Mayfest and almost all outdoor events are cancelled. They also talked about the 26 confirmed cases here....but also said there are 13,000 samples still to test just from the state!!!! This was just on about 30 seconds ago!!!!

Edit: They also said they are asking to set up a field lab in Dallas.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by buni11687]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Reuters: Province of Nova Scotia records Canada's first case of person-to-person swine flu

Trom Twitter.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I have got a little inside info for those in Texas. I live in Beaumont and I have just been told by someone in the healthcare industry ( who does not want their name out there ) that we have two in isolation right now here in Beaumont. They where put into isolation starting yesterday. This is not in the local or state news. Beaumont is about 1hr and 15 mins east of Houston and about 50 miles from Galveston, Tx.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

I was browsing the CDC site and found this article look at the bolded part!

Travel Health Warning
Travel Warning: Swine Influenza and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico — Avoid Nonessential Travel to Mexico
This information is current as of today, April 30, 2009 at 17:02 EDT
Updated: April 27, 2009

Current Situation
As of April 27, 2009, the Government of Mexico has reported 18 laboratory confirmed human cases of swine influenza A/H1N1 infection. Investigation is continuing to clarify the spread and severity of the disease in Mexico.
Suspect clinical cases have been reported in 19 of the country's 32 states.
The World Health Organization (WHO), the Global Alert and Response Network (GOARN), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have sent experts to Mexico to work with health authorities. CDC has confirmed that seven of 14 respiratory specimens sent to CDC by the Mexican National Influenza Center are positive for swine influenza virus and are similar to the swine influenza viruses recently identified in the United States.

Ummm Mexico City? 19 of the 32 states in Mexico. Mabe some of those email's coming into the news agencies earlier where telling the truth. It does appear to be worse than what they are saying. Aren't alot of the state's in Mexico ubber rural? Meaning it would take more time and man power they don't have right now to get there?
Seem's very odd to me that they know of 19 states that are infected but are focusing all the world on Mexico City. I can understand it is HUGE but come on it isn't the only place in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This has not started to get to me until today. I am getting very angry
because someone is lying! PERIOD!

We read the 6 foot "rule" in responders regulations, the infected man in Obama's entourage was pressed about his distance to the president, and they have announced on TV this same "safe" distance.

Then you have them saying on cnn that Biden was off base saying that he counseled his family to avoid planes and public transportation so they are saying "Oh, no problem fly, take the bus, no problem"?????

We have areas closing things down with only one reported case, and other areas where nothing out of the ordinary has been done yet...with confirmed cases.

One groups states Tamiflu is ineffective, but they have armed guards around the supply....I thought it was ineffective.

Is anyone else getting very angry here with all the obvious lies? I say LIES because it should be obvious that SOMEONE is LYING. I am really leaning towards the reports from Mexico that say things are drastically under reported and purposely being withheld.

Please, you are the savviest bunch on the net.....is this not getting to some of you too????

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ok folks..I just came back from My family doctor..Not Swineflu related..Ill give you my report and take it as you will..Just thr truth of what I was told,asked and seen..
I got there with the wife and signed in,they got to my name on the list and the secretary asked me for an email address and the pharmacy that I use so they can put it in the system..Ok,thought that was odd..name was called to head back with the nurse aid and got the typical wieghing,but then they had measured my hight..Again odd..I have been going to this same doc for over 6 years every two months for meds..
I get into the room and get the typical questions and blood pressure test,the aid leave..I immidiatly wash my hands in the sink,and use the hand sanitizer..lol
Doc comes in and asks me how i'm doin,I say good,havent come down with the swine flu yet..making a joke,and i asked him whats up with it?..His story was this..
Parafrasing

There has been a few local cases reported but they have been released,they were treated and are ok..We have a medicine that can get rid of it..I played dumb as he went on..he spoke of the Ft.dix outbreak and went into how the cdc and the pres.went back and forth about innoculations,and I interjected that didnt the vaccine kill more that the flu it self?..he agreed..I said it was the Gree beret something wasnt it..Yes,he named it spot on..he said the numbers that it killed and why..he then went on that innoculations for this flu will probably do the same..he went on to say how it would..
Now with my questions..
I asked him if this strain will get any worse this fall..His answer was ''this is as strong as this strain will get''

I asked if this strain can combine with the avian flu..He replied ''no''

The conversation went on and he then said something that struck me very funny..
''I geuss this flu is taking the attention off the economy..lol''

thats the end of my report..
I immediatly told my wife in the truck I think he's full of #..

edit..he also has been touching my knees for six years and never once washed his hands immediatly afterwards..

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Fellow redhead (and I'm from Upstate NY originally as well,due to return for a visit next Wed...) I am with you all the way and have decided to call "FOUL" loud and clear in my own life should they raise the Level to a 6...

It's starting to cause me a bit of stress only because I hate liars.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I am speaking to a guy from Mexico who i have on my msn contacts. He just told me something interesting. If i recall correctly he lives in Veracruz. I asked him was the flu bad over there he said yes but not where he lives yet.

He said about 75% of people including himself think it is all BS. But he told me that yesterday the government passed a new drug law making all drugs (in small doses) legal. Including ecstasy.

He said because of the media reporting all the flu and infections and crap that attention was distracted away from it.

Now make of that what you will. I haven't heard anything about it before...but still its weird.

They tried to legalize small amounts of drugs for personal use in 2006 but this was shot down after Pres. Bush pressured Mexican Pres. Fox to veto the bill.

Link to Article

On April 28th 2009, Mexico's Congress Re-Approved the bill.

Wiki News Article

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Oh yes my friend, i am at boiling point aswell.. They must think we are really stupid, well aparentley most people are..

Cant get a straight answer of anyone, and everyone has a differant story..
we're are being screwed for information here.

MY INTELIGENTS HAS BEEN INSULTED 100'S OF TIMES IN THE LAST FEW DAYS..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57

Then you have them saying on cnn that Biden was off base saying that he counseled his family to avoid planes and public transportation so they are saying "Oh, no problem fly, take the bus, no problem"?????

This I find most interesting.
Biden using his common sense and the "officials" getting upset over it.

They like us thinking in a box.
Don't do what your gut tells you -
do what we tell you -
and then do what we tell you after we've changed our mind about what we told you.

This kind of communication keeps people confused -
perfect for those who don't want the masses to think for themselves.
If nothing else it is a huge reminder to THINK FOR YOURSELF.
Use your gut -
That is what Biden did.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The county I live (Denton) in has finally got its first confirmed case plus 2 more suspected!!!! Its about 12 paragraphs down the page.

The Denton County Health Department confirmed one case of swine flu Thursday at Hebron Valley Elementary in Lewisville. The school district closed the school Wednesday afternoon to May 6 to disinfect and sanitize the building.

This article off of nbc news says the Texas confirmed is now 26... wow. Im almost positive there is more that the people up top are not telling us.

Twenty-nine swine flu cases have been confirmed in Texas, and nine of those are in North Texas.

NBC Article

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bonesinis

www.cnn.com...

Sounds like there are some people in the know looking at the 1918 swine flu for a peek into what this swine flu can do.
That says a lot.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In Utah, schools in Park City closed due to three kids. Six total "probable" cases of H1N1 2009, including one in SLC.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

i can relate. it's a bit frustrating. i feel like a chicken with my head cut off at some moments...get masks...check...get food...check...wash hands...repeat...and then perfectly calm at others and then something like that national guard being mobilized thing comes out and gets me going all over again. something's definitely bizarre here, apart from the obvious media reporting randomness and doing what i'm doing (that chicken/calm cycley thing). too many things happening and to even be able to think about. do we be happy that contingency plans appear to be executing as designed or worried that they are? i think what they really know is being withheld. that's my gut feel. but what is it? outside of ATS i find some people totally panicking and other totally blase, and i don't know which subset bothers me more.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

i go with biden for two reasons. one, as you said IS common sense...the air in planes is a germ cocktail and if pisses me off to see leaders of the travel industry try to wiggle out of that one. the second is he probably knows more than we do about this and kinda slipped. then making him take it back is BS.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Coach at fitness center said (to bike ride group) that a 'very reliable source' had told her that schools will probably close down next week in Katy ISD (not too far away from Houston).

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a joke.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have to say that I truly don't feel so silly for being so angry after reading your responses, thanks...really.

Irishchick I hate liars too, with a passion I hate to be lied to!

I really do agree that they are insulting the intelligence of everyone! How can they really think people don't see the huge variance in the "official" story.

I don't care what anyone says about Biden, I like the fact you know what is on his mind and he says what he thinks. (As much as a politician can) I mean for crying out loud, 6 feet is the so called safety point for EMT's but for regular people like me who take public transportation, who cares if I sit right next to a sick person.....it safe! wtf, do they think we are idiots????

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That would be a yes Darlin'...they do indeed think we're idiots.

Idiots who pay taxes.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I got word about my state getting hit at work about an hour ago, my managers are starting to get worried, being as we work in a restaurant. Oh and did I mention that the lady is/was in arrapahoe county? Yeah guess what county I live and work in.

Hope my store doesn't get shut down during this whole thing. Guess my avatar sums it all up.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Slash]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From my university in the middle of no place special Ohio!

No cases of swine flu have been identified in the Southwest region of Ohio, however, the disease has been associated with fears of pandemics and relatively high incidence in otherwise healthy populations, so university officials have gathered information to share with students, staff and faculty.

This flu strain is different from the type that has already circulated around the country this winter and is being carefully monitored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health officials. The protective measures recommended for all types of influenza are similarly important for this type: frequent hand washing, covering a cough, and avoiding others with symptoms.

Symptoms of the swine flu are also similar to other influenza types: fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headaches, chills and fatigue. Some people also report diarrhea and vomiting. The methods of detection, including those used at Miami's student health service, are capable of identifying influenza of all types. It is important to note that this swine flu strain responds to common anti-flu medications, such as Tamiflu and Relenza.

The time from being exposed to the swine flu and developing symptoms (the incubation period) is 1 to 3 days. Anyone who traveled to Mexico for spring break is past the time when he or she would have become ill.

Travel update:
For people planning to travel to Mexico in the near future, on Monday night, April 27, CDC issued a recommendation that U.S. travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Mexico.

For updated information, you may contact the Student Health Service

new topics

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join