It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Jet fuel is corrosive.

You leave it too long in the tanks of the rocket... and there won't be any tanks left.

The TD-2 first stage likely uses a liquid propellant (TM-185 fuel and AK-27I oxidizer)
en.wikipedia.org...

Second stage is reportedly from This list of possible propellents

Unless these various propellants are the same thing as jet fuel
I am curious as to the validity of referencing them being how jet fuel is specifically designed for a turbine engine.

By the way I mean no offense in pointing this out, I am just curious as to the final truth

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

so its a nuke then....in sort terms

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Thanks. Yes, that is what I was told, but it was over my head and me relaying it, well I sucked.

Are my 2 stars for the "I sucked" admission?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

No, the nosecap is the same as is used for a satellite not a nuclear warhead. The MISSILE being used is a nuclear capable missile. The US and Russia did the same thing early in their space program, but they heavily modified the ICBMs that they used for launches. A standard missile doesn't pack the punch to get up into high orbit, because it's not designed to.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

I don't think NK would send a nuke up knowing it could/will get shot down.
Unless they plan on sending sevaral up. To many countries are watching NK for them to play with fire.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
so theres nothing exciting happening here. and theres no threat....why are we following this again?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Ummm... ever heard of North Korea's ally, their chum.. a little-known country that goes by the name of China?

Your assessment of a 48-hour war kicking out all the lights on NK may not be as simple as you believe. Russia are keeping watch. All eyes are on this space!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Do you think it is what they say it is? Just a satellite?
They are just flexing their muscles?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

if the US or Japan shoot down tere satelite then NK claims it as a act of war so they threaten to retaliate.
If the US and Japan allow it it could be a missle heading for a number of places. So its a tense situation tat could have devastateing outcome, if not faced with caution

link   
Radar at North Korea rocket site not yet switched on

SEOUL - North Korea has not switched on radar systems at its missile base, indicating its planned rocket launch may not be imminent, South Korea’s YTN television reported Saturday citing military sources here.

(Rest of the article: khaleejt imes.com)

Time-wasters.

link   

Do you think it is likely that this is merely a product test N.K. is staging for the purpose of hawking it's (possibly)viable launch platform for nuke/biological payloads to potential "rogue state" buyers who currently do not possess this tech?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Snisha]

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

ahhhh now i'm into it again....

whats the news guys?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Found a pretty interesting NK news article dated Apr.2.09

dprogram.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

this is very likely. if so i hope it fails epicly

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

It's a missile test. It's almost definitely NOT a communications satellite, because the orbit that they could put it in would be worthless most of the day. It would be out of line of sight for hours out of the day.

But by launching a "satellite" they get a free missile test. This is Taepodong-2 long range missile that they have been trying to successfully launch for several years now. It's capable of barely reaching the west coast of the US, with a small payload, and easily reaching Hawaii and Alaska. I seriously doubt that they'd ever launch on any of those targets, but there are other countries that would be interested in buying them or buying the technology from them.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

that is scary as hell. i hope that's wrong...or we're royally screwed

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

THANK YOU.
Appreciate that explanation.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Man what a appropriate time for us to test(if it were possible) utilizing a high power laser(like on select military jumbo jets) or some similar tech to zap this sucker on the launch pad!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

The YAL-1 won't be ready to shoot the COIL until this summer at the earliest if I remember the schedule right. They've fired the target laser, they've fired the weapon laser, but not in flight yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
any news? there talking about it on cnn but nothing post worthy

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join