It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Lost in Korea? Not so much. Going in and conquering North Korea would have created more problems in 1953.

Anyway, the launch is not for today... because of the wind. But they could launch tomorrow (today for us)... wind is expected to be only 5-8 km/h... if not tomorrow, it will be longer because the wind will be stronger and there will be more clouds all week.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Who would come to support North Korea? Nobody. The Chinese and the Russians are just as eager to see that madman go.

So I say: Shoot a cruise missile up that dicktator's ***!

I, for one, am sure that the North Koreans would welcome their new democratic overlords!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lorents

You are perfectly right they dont have to cause they already have the Technology these people just want to start something or the other NK are
as bold as anyone and why the F*** do they want to shoot down a satellite
coz they dont have any other work other than pointing fingers

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Ashcool007]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Weather May Have Delayed North Korea's Planned Rocket Launch

North Korea said Saturday preparations for the launch were complete and liftoff was imminent, as U.S., Japanese and South Korean warships with radar plied waters near the communist nation to monitor what they fear is a long-range missile test.

Weather conditions Saturday, however, may have caused a delay of the launch.

"We thought the launch was likely today, but weather conditions at the rocket base may not have been favorable," South Korea's Yonhap news agency quoted a presidential Blue House official as saying.

South Korea's meteorological agency said the location of the missile base was under mostly cloudy skies with occasionally strong winds.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I dont get it. Are they shooting a satellite, missle or a nuke? If so, where is it going to land?

The US, Japan. If there is an all out war N Korea will be gone first. Their citizens dont even know what is a handphone
They cant even take care of themselves as they are used to the state feeding them. They realise the difference when they goto SKorea.

Is that NKorea guy without brains or wad? 2 possibilities
1) No launch at all
2) All out war.

Maybe this is the terrorist attack that will amaze the US

Does NKorea have links with Pakistan. Any comments?
In this era, no one acts alone

[edit on 4/4/2009 by hitmen]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
They're none of the 'Ese's Japanese/Chinese/Vietnamese/Taiwanese/ect, they probably feel like a very small lonely forgotten people of the Orient Since none of the other Orientals claim them. Maybe this is why they turned to Russia & Communism for a hand out, when all they needed was to turn to the U.S. & ole Tom McCann for a lift up. They would have felt much better & able to see above all the foolishness.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
They are more apt to launch when markets are open.

Wind may have forced NKorea to delay rocket launch AP

Winds reported as "relatively strong" around the northeastern North Korean launch pad in Musudan-ri may have kept the North from launching the rocket Saturday, analyst Paik Hak-soon of the private Sejong Institute think tank said.

"North Korea cannot afford a technical failure," he said. "North Korea wouldn't fire the rocket if there's even a minor concern about the weather."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A very first post as I finally decided I should join ATS.

I cannot find where anyone has brought up the possibility of a nuclear warhead attached to this missile that could result in an EMP. A very disturbing thought but worthy of consideration.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ok, my first post here so please excuse me. I am sick of dealing with North Korea. We play the little game of "don't do it or we impose sanctions". How many more sanctions can we put on them? The sanctions are mostly ineffective because their citizens are going to starve and be powerless regardless of the sanctions. The older Kim gets the more I worry about him going over the edge and doing something really stupid like tipping one of these rockets with a nuke and "test firing" it. I don't think all out war is a good choice for us, but this is getting old. Same with Iran and their nuke program but thats a different story.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hitmen

It's a Taepodong-2 nuclear capable missile that MAY have a small satellite on board. It's almost definitely NOT a communications satellite, as the missile being used can't put it into a high enough orbit to be useful.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by foxbat68

all nuclear detonations have an electro magnetic pules - the size and `enhancement` of the warhead determines (and altitude of the detonation) how much EMP effect and location - for a significant effect over a large area you would require a megaton thermonuclear warhead , detonated at very high alitude - STARFISH-PRIME was a high altitude test of the EMP effect , which killed TELSTAR

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike5150
Ok, my first post here so please excuse me. I am sick of dealing with North Korea. We play the little game of "don't do it or we impose sanctions". How many more sanctions can we put on them? The sanctions are mostly ineffective because their citizens are going to starve and be powerless regardless of the sanctions. The older Kim gets the more I worry about him going over the edge and doing something really stupid like tipping one of these rockets with a nuke and "test firing" it. I don't think all out war is a good choice for us, but this is getting old. Same with Iran and their nuke program but thats a different story.

Yep very different. Seeing as how they don't have a NUKE program. Iran has signed the NPT and is legally allowed to have nuclear power plants for power production. Israel is not a member of the NPT and has actual real Nukes. A lot of people seem not to know this....

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here are the latest "public" satellite images of the missile from ISIS.

www.isis-online.org...

and

www.isis-online.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You know I cant help but think that this is a Wag the Dog MSM "Look over here!" ploy. Hello, NK has been in decline, starving there people, no appreciable economy, just there mega-military focus for years, and we have seen them puff up there chests before. I think we are just having our attention diverted from the incredible and Major goings on at G20. Don't be fooled people. NK is well under ours and everybody else's watchful eye. Look at the fact that somebody in Intelligence released Satellite photos on the interwebs for everybody to see their missile site. Not so secret now. I am sure that every gov't concerned with NK's purportedly Sat launch can tell from those photo's EXACTLY what type of launch vehicle they are using and how much payload is available on that launch vehicle. Hype people, nothing but hype.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Springheel Jack]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
Here are the latest "public" satellite images of the missile from ISIS.

www.isis-online.org...

and

www.isis-online.org...

Yeah, from my source at Space Command, they placed a brown netting (like you see military use in the desert) over the missle so satelite imagery could not see all the details. Space Command has such amazing satelite feeds, that it is like they are looking at a train set. And one day the netting was not there, then the next it was. Thus the reason for the images posted on your source.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am very freeked about it. I have had nightmares about it and unfortunately a lot of my dreams come to close to what happens. I have been praying that this will just make them look stupid and blow up over them. I unfortunately can not figure from my dreams where it is. Kinda screwed up, I never can figure out what my dreams mean until things actually happen.

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Pinkarella]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
so... wheres the missile?

Was it launched?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

They're waiting for the weather. Forecasts for the area called for clouds and high winds for the early part of the day, clearing later. They have until Wednesday for their launch window.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was going back over some of the posts and Big props to Redhatty. Going out on a limb when japan blundered w/ the mis-info about NK launching the missile. haha Redhatt "WTF".

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
I was going back over some of the posts and Big props to Redhatty. Going out on a limb when japan blundered w/ the mis-info about NK launching the missile. haha Redhatt "WTF".

Yeah, here is a link to some of that story,
uk.reuters.com...

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join