It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea has set up equipment to monitor the launch of a rocket, indicating it could be fired within hours, the South's Yonhap news agency quoted an unnamed South Korean government official as saying on Saturday.

North Korea has said it would launch a long-range rocket from Saturday to Wednesday between the hours of 3:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. British time. The launch is widely viewed as a disguised test of a long-range missile that violates U.N. resolutions.

"Looking from the completion of fuelling and the setting up of monitoring cameras, the possibility of a launch within a few hours is very high," the source was quoted as saying.

North Korea said it is sending a satellite into space and has the right to do so as part of a peaceful space programme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just saw this as breaking news on sky, didnt see it posted anywhere.

I guess only time will tell what they're really up to but it doesn't seem to be for peaceful purposes. Apparently the rocket they plan to launch has a potential range to reach alaska. They have also said if anyone trys to shoot down their rocket it will be seen as an act of war and the army will be ready to act.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yep. They said they would launch it saturday... it's about 10AM now in North Korea...

So it will probably happen before 3AM Eastern... IMO they launch within a few hours.

Here's a link for you.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
yep, that what its saying on the scroll bar on tv here: North Korea says preparations to launch a satellite are complete, so if they stick to their timescales it could be launched as soon as in the next ten minutes

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Can you imagine how it must seem to nk as they watch the entire world move towards a nwo? I mean how do they expect to remain seperate?

Maybe they figure that they would rather die than merge.

We do not know what kind of pressure they face by the nwo.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well this isnt gonna go well.

Your such a fear monger LOL!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh boy tv is going to be interesting today "later later" if they send this baby into space! or someones airspace..

If and i do mean if they dont want any provication but yet act in a manner that infact is..

What is the reason? to be attacked? im not sure on the reasons why a nation that is sooooo closed off but yet demands attention everytime it can to do such a thing?

so we wait for the baby to go skyward wait for someone to react "most likey japan" and then all hell in a high wire goes nuts???

This is mind boggling to say the least.. and there is 2 outcomes to this very dangerouse game

They fire it off it does not get shot down - they win?
They fire it off someone blast it into thin aire - war starts

Or

it fails to even take off and they look dumb? and all the hoopla turns into a a big joke on little kimmy?

meh i just hope its the last.. as the other 2 outcomes are not good options no matter how one looks at it!!

this could be indeed a REAL war... not some escapade for oil but a war based on idoilgly

same thing that happend over 2 world wars i may add

:crums: we are in a world of pain :/

Thanks for the info flaggedn stared incase any updates come in

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

yep like the last time they tried that missile launch in 2006 or 2007 lol that was funny it launched then spiralled and died

NK is kinda useless.. who cares if we have a war.. a quick 48 hour war will ensue and goodbye North korea... unless they launch nukes then we are in for a whole world of s**t IF they have nukes

(emphasis on IF they said the same about Iraq and look what happened the new vietnam)

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

NK is kinda useless.. who cares if we have a war.. a quick 48 hour war will ensue and goodbye North korea... unless they launch nukes then we are in for a whole world of s**t IF they have nukes

LOL, A quick 48 hr war

When was the last time the US was in a quick war

.O YEAH

when the worlds number 1 military took on Grenada

I think that lasted longer than 48 hrs though, Tough Grenadaians

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
who cares if we have a war..

I care, because the city I'm posting from has been noted as a target by NK in the past, and is well within reach of NK's arsenal.

I guess it's easy to be glib when you're on the other side of the world and it doesn't stand a chance of affecting you, eh?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I thought that some people from Iran are also there to observe the launch. This is going to be very interesting to see what develops with their missle. I cannot believe its for communications as they have no phone in N.K. They can't trust their own people with them. Maybe China will stop them from doing what they want to do or maybe they will take over N.K. I'm sure the people there wouldn't mind. This way they can live a somewhat normal life after all these years. The people really must be tired of the lives they are living in now. Might be a good chance for them to revolt. Oh, if only that would come true.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I know someone personally (yes, im repeating myself on this topic) who is right now sitting in front of many screens watching the launch site and waiting (at Space Command). Im not sure what info I will get and when - since so much is classified. But if I hear anything before anyone else does, I will make sure to post it.

Im quite nervous about this. Not necessarily for my safety. But for those near NK....and the effects of this thing getting off the ground - if it does.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Funny, where's Obama? Not in the U.S. Where's Joe Biden? Where's the Clinton's? And where in the world is Waldo(Pelosi)? Underground?

Who knows...

Especially in the middle of a "missile crisis". Hopefully we don't look back and think it was more than coincidence.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ah they're bluffing.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I care, because the city I'm posting from has been noted as a target by NK in the past, and is well within reach of NK's arsenal.

To be fair, NK have much more better targets... Like the US fleet, Hawaii, US bases in Japan and SK...

Anyway, I don't want a war... I love Japan and South Korea.

And if there's a war and SK/Japan can't handle it or by military agreements the US have to give troops it will be hell. Because you can't take North Korea with air power. Impossible. You would need at least a draft to get this thing going. And if you remember what happened in 1950, the US didn't even give training to the draftees before putting them in the meat grinder.

At least if there's a war I hope China or Russia doesn't help NK. Or doesn't cry if NATO is on their border after that... they did nothing about the NK problem for all those years, face the consequences.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

haha i hope your right my friend.. that if is paramount here.

I mean i hope the aliens come down and shoot some lazers @ it tbh lol..

coz if the outcome is that one.. that thing does not get shot down the others look kinda like stupid and what is the point in the first place of being botherd? and then the second part is if that thing does get blown to bits an NK go ape.. oh lord thats going to be fun to say the least..

This is a real real problem for me i think more so coz i cant fathom why?

Look at china in this regard? it sits right next to NK and it also is communist.. china has learnd that to be powerfull "in our world" just use greed LOL kinda simple realy thats why we all suck up to china coz they make the world spin round via cheap labour.. its always been the new supper power just never had the balls to do anything milaterly.. the usa market is infact dekfunked.. why? well they just met a china that in essance can be said is WALLMART and usa is TESCO in that way

So for little kimmy to get attention or to piss others off would be one of 2 things in a way

pay attention to us we are NK "and has show this in the past" attention skeeking

or whoever is running the show has NO idea that the world has infact changed since the last war they had "thats even more scary"!!!

thats why i point out the idoligy of it more than retoricaly using the excusse ect

We my friends and fellow people are about to witness the biggest call my bluff you can imagen...

and as you guessed the poor sods who are going to lose are the people

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
yeh, none of the news channels are really reporting about it. u would think they would be a bit more concerned..but maybe not i guess haha

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
To be fair, NK have much more better targets... Like the US fleet, Hawaii, US bases in Japan and SK...

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not worried about today's launch being a target of anything. I'm worried about what happens if everything goes sideways as a result of US/Japanese intervention. Chitose is a very easy target.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by vox2442]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

sorry to be offtopic hey seany
/me waves

atleast tv will be interesting today lol!!

i did both! ontopic and said hi

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert280
yeh, none of the news channels are really reporting about it. u would think they would be a bit more concerned..but maybe not i guess haha

I'm sure there is a cat stuck up a tree - or a slow car chase - or a storm watch - focusing on the 1 inch of rain that we might get - on our trusted MSM
that is more important than reporting on this.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join