It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips
reply to post by Wes225

I just think it's saying that it hasn't been launched yet at all.

A bit of confusion here.
yeah i'm totally lost.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Sucks.

Reminds me of an old training video where an ICBM silo team was sitting around and one of the operators was on the phone with his girlfriend minutes before (hypothetical) a coming nuclear war. Needles to say, this was frowned upon.

BTW, the Raptors from Alaska, as well as the C-17's there, would be some of the first deployed in theater should things go sour.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Impaired,

If they detonated the nuke overhead it could possibly cause a strong EMP and knock out electronics... Depending on the detonation altitude.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Nothing to be lost about.. there was an unconfirmed report it was launched.... turned out the report was wrong.

Its still sitting on its launch pad according to NK.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
BTW, the Raptors from Alaska, as well as the C-17's there, would be some of the first deployed in theater should things go sour.

Palin might see them fly over her house... and then fly over Russia.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

okqay. well this is still intense. will NK target major US cites or the entire continent?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
maybe they are waiting for the top of the hour.
Maybe the X'o'clock then they will fire it.
I have no idea.......I am missing sleep I have to work in the morning, but I want to know if things keep esculateing or what happens.
Enough with the suspence fire the damn thing

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Yeah, I don't think it's been launched yet.

NKorea says satellite launch coming 'soon' - 6 minutes ago

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea said preparations to launch a satellite were complete Saturday and liftoff was imminent, as U.S., Japanese and South Korean warships with radar plied waters near the communist nation to monitor what they fear is a long-range missile test.

(Rest of the article: Associated Press)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

i'f you want to know what happens i'd go drink a soda right about now. it sounds like this will be going on for awhile if stuff goes down

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
Enough with the suspence fire the damn thing

how bout' -
enough with the suspense
Perhaps they will rethink it...?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Those waiting for it to "fire" tonight, may have a long wait for nothing.

They state it will fire between now and wednesday, weather permitting. There is no 100% chance it goes off in the next 24 hours.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

oh boy! i know this is a missle test now. they wouldn't wait this long if it was just a satellite

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wes225
yeah i'm totally lost.

It was a good point. Last time North Korea tested a long range (multistage) MRBM they also launched several tactical ballistic missiles from mobile launchers dispersed throughout the country, in rapid succession. We expect them to 'test the waters', you might say, with shorter ranged mobile (hence unannounced and concealed) missiles into the Sea of Japan before they go for broke. Unfortunately for them we are prepared and expecting such. Either prior, during, or shortly after Kim's erected symbol shoots off.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Wes225, they are not waiting for anything atm, as stated the timeframe is from now till wednesday..

Knowing how they are being viewed.. they might just want to keep the "world" tense till wednesday.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
www.skynews.com.au...
more on sky

Yes capable of hitting America...

[edit on 3-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I understand but with it being fueled and on the pad, and the MIGS on standby it has me worried.
And yes I hope they rethink it but, then again Kimmy has his mind made up i believe

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is a HD simulation of how the Taepodong "satellite" missile is supposed to look like with all of its phases. Its only a minute long. Short and sweet.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Good point,although I don't know what they hope to do rather than die(if they choose military resistance).This is all of course if the NWO truly is coming to fruition.Honestly either way though I think NK is bluffing,I don't want another drawn out war with ten times the death rate of Iraq-Afghanistan but NK as no way of winning.............unless of course China would back them.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Its only a minute long. Short and sweet.

LOL,yea like North Koreas last "missile test".

[edit on 4/3/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Haha... 40seconds of dud.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join