It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sorry posted info previously referenced. Mods feel free to delete.

Funis Duo

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Snisha]

link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I understand but with it being fueled and on the pad, and the MIGS on standby it has me worried.
And yes I hope they rethink it but, then again Kimmy has his mind made up i believe

From what I was told and what I think I understand is that once fuled, it has a small window of opportunity to launch. Something to do with the fuel burning off. Maybe someone here in the know of this kind of stuff can clarify.

link   
reply to post by JWash

that would be funny. it was a nuke. and it exploded on the pad.....ultimate "pwnage" as gamers say...

link   
Speaking of dud... Japan may want some techs working on their system

From the wires:

Japanese government says its rocket detection system, called Em-Net, failed and prompted a national alert on live TV.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Jet fuel is corrosive.

You leave it too long in the tanks of the rocket... and there won't be any tanks left.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

therefor it will launch any time now

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oh my.
Boys with dangerous toys -

(Sorry boys -
Girls play with toys they shouldn't as well).

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Not necessarily. 2 days was the 'safe' time I read to have the fuel in the tanks before damage would occurs.

I don't know the exact chemistry of it all. But if the weather is clear and the rocket is primed then there is really no reason not to launch it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
so whats going on this thread seems to have stopped

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

hmm...well they either do or don't. and i'm starting to get bored. =(

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

People are waiting for news instead of just speculating with one line posts.

If the missile is launched it will be over every major MSM network. Don't worry, you wont miss it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Meh, it's North Korea.

They will either back down and abort or the rocket will plummet into the sea after falling apart.

I doubt much else will happen.

You won't miss much by going to bed.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Japan denies reports of North Korean rocket launch (1st Lead)

Asia-Pacific News

Apr 4, 2009, 3:52 GMT

Tokyo - North Korea has not gone ahead with a planned rocket launch yet, the Japanese government said Saturday, correcting earlier reports of a launch.

Initial information about a launch had proved erroneous, Japan's NHK television said, quoting government sources.

Japan retracted the warning about five minutes after it initially sent out the news at 12:30 (0330 GMT).

North Korea has completed preparations for what it calls a communications satellite to be launched 'soon,' Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency said.

The communist state had announced plans to launch a communication satellite between Saturday and Wednesday, but the United States, Japan and South Korea fear the rocket launch may serve as a cover for testing a long-rang ballistic missile.

Washington and Seoul suspect Pyongyang is actually preparing to test a Taepodong-2 missile that could theoretically reach Alaska and carry a nuclear warhead. Its first test of such a missile in 2006 failed.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN's reporting it now

(CNN) Updated 20 minutes ago-- North Korea has completed preparations for launching what it says is "an experimental communications satellite," the reclusive nation's state news agency reported early Saturday.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

its about pressure and fumes

if you load that sucker under pressure then you beter get it off the ground befor the payload "fule" evaporates

kind like a lighter but not meh you get the drift i hope

fule is only liquied due to the pressure!!! "can not keep it under pressure for long"

as it seeps out as gas

/me bangs head on textsbooks an yes i hated my teacher in class coz he hated me for being a wise cracking smart arse

i blame my mother LOL

hope that helps

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
[But if the weather is clear and the rocket is primed then there is really no reason not to launch it.

Link

The Meteorological Agency has conducted a weather forecast for the area around North Korea's Musudan-ri base due to concerns over Pyongyang's planned launch of a long-range ballistic missile. The agency, which does not usually announce weather forecasts for the Korean Peninsula, says the weather around Musudan-ri will be cloudy early Saturday and will turn fine later the same day. North Korea has scheduled a missile launch for between Saturday and Wednesday, claiming it intends to put an experimental communications satellite into orbit. Following the announcement of the weather forecast, a Defense Ministry official said it was possible the launch could take place Saturday. Based on the predictions of a weather supercomputer, the weather for the area around the Sea of Japan facing the Musudan-ri base area between Saturday and Wednesday is expected to be cloudy over a wide area. But fine weather has also been forecast for much of the five-day period.

Looks like it might take place real soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Thanks. Yes, that is what I was told, but it was over my head and me relaying it, well I sucked.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
just to be a pain in ones own arse in this respect after reading posts and news ect

could they have infact sent it skyward? and now telling us lot they didnt?

You know that funny word called propgander?

they could have sent it up and to make face or keep it they said oh sorry we got it wrong

god i dont know its all abit mental LOL

keep it coming neways my eyes and fingers are enjoying this ,, hmm er moment?

god i feel stupid saying that when it could cost people lives

i admit im another sucker from another mother whos farther i do not know

human bastard race "very true in all accounts" as jeusus hes ur brother

lol /ok me shuts up

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

nah i think we are all on the same path here just wanting to know stuff

infact if one thinks about it.. we make MSM look abit of a joke in that respect

gunna give you a star if u dont mind

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
They're saying that they COULD launch as early as sometime this morning, but winds in the area may delay the launch. They're predicting high winds in the launch area all day.

The USS Curtis Wilbur and USS Stethem are between Japan and Korea along with Japanese Aegis destroyer. The USS Shiloh and USS Fitzgerald are on the other side of Japan to monitor as the missile goes over.

USS Curtis Wilbur, USS Stethem, and USS Fitzgerald are all Arleigh Burke class destroyers, while USS Shiloh is a Ticonderoga cruiser. All are Aegis equipped and carry radars capable of detecting and tracking the missile, as well as SM-3 missiles. The SM-3 has successfully shot down at least 11 missiles in 12 shots (I don't have the exact numbers right off hand), as well as the satellite that was shot down.

As for the Taepodong launching a communications satellite, the missile is incapable of launching a communications satellite into geosynchronous orbit, which is where comm sats are placed into orbit.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join