It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
well there was tht new york shooting that they have been talking about all day. im just ready for the thing to happen so everyone can find out what will happen. im tired of waiting

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon

nk is pretty straight forward. if they say they are launching a satelite , then they are launching a satellite. stop bothering them.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's a major story, on the other hand if the sensationalist media took it seriously they'd probably try to scare the stuffing out of everybody with it, so I am kind of relieved they are ignoring it.

Last time they did this the thing went "plop!" into the Pacific, so I am not very worried. If a North Korean satellite lands in my backyard tonight I promise to post video on ATS

The only real risk is the US or Japan overreacting as vox2442 suggested and triggering the North Korean's paranoia so they do something really crazy.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lorents

Oh that sucker is getting launched, bet the farm on that

Its going to be a satilite that gets shot down

war , after the illegal shootdown, hard to say

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

green im totaly alarmed as the same as you..

we know who will lose in this war if it kicks off and its always the people not the leaders

its a sad sad day that call my bluff is based on human suffering

I just hope 1 that thing fails so it dont get shot down or 2.. someone in a back room filled with smoke and mirrors has a brain and lets them fire the fing off as a deal not to go blowing other people up..

lets face it japan on its own would rip #s out of NK the us would do also.. but then what are they fighting? "idiology" people dont need wars only people who demand power do.. the rest of us couldnt give a rats arse who does wat long as we are happy and left alone to live out our life

I reallly do hope this does not end up with stupid fox news and co chatting that crap again if and i "hope" if this kicks off

I will put my own neck/opinoon on the line and say

Nothing will happen

But then living on planet earth nothing shocks me anymore

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lorents

thats the big problem here.. i mean i dont see why they cant do that??? if and i mean if coz i dont want to prejudge em coz thats not fair.. so if they want to send up a sat its in there right? if they wanna test a missile so what?

proble becomes when others think they are going to invade or nuke japan or the usa

look at this for a momentoooo

How on earth can NK be a threat to a country that spend more money on defence than all others put together? its stupid!!!

the only reason they didnt get nuked was due to the public being totaly shocked by the past events of japan and rightly so

we have nukes and we are well aware of what nastyness comes with them

So yes remove your stockpiles remove them from our planet...

we all "and i say this to myself aswell" we all need to grow up as a race and understand we have alot more that binds us than what devides us..

this is a classic reason for me why the human race is dooomed and armagedon in all them books is more true than i ever thought possible..

Not god not aliens.. just our own selfishness and lack of wanting to understand each other

the machine is broken people and we better fix it FAST or we are screwed

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
war , after the illegal shootdown, hard to say

To clarify some of the confusion on this - the rocket will only be shot down if the trajectory indicates it will fail and land on Japanese soil. That's legal.

Most recent story mentioning this fact:
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My worry is China. Would they not back up North Korea if this all goes to hell? We are far too strung out across the middle east to be able to mobilize with much haste. Think about it........what better time to pick a fight with our country could communists ask for? We're broke! And the only place to get funds is China. Am I on the right track in thinking this way? I hope not........I hope I'm wrong. I'm not as knowledgable on this as I would like to be. Would it just be fighting N.K?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tunatarian

China would most likely side with the West this time.

They would love a land grab in the area and would probably deal with NK if anything happened.

They haven't been so buddy buddy since the Korean war.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I just read that NK has their mig-23 fighter jets on standby. Is that normal procedure?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Off the wires, no link yet:

BULLETIN -- JAPAN GOVERNMENT SAYS NORTH KOREA APPEARS TO HAVE LAUNCHED ROCKET

Japanese media say North korea has launched a long-range missile. Stay with us for the very latest.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
were can i watch this live?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
oh sh** guys this is it!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Off the wires, no link yet:

BULLETIN -- JAPAN GOVERNMENT SAYS NORTH KOREA APPEARS TO HAVE LAUNCHED ROCKET

Japanese media say North korea has launched a long-range missile. Stay with us for the very latest.

Uh, link? Where did you get this info?

[edit on 4/3/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Conflicting reports off the wires

REUTERS: JAPAN GOVERNMENT SAYS NORTH KOREA LAUNCH INFORMATION INCORRECT

WTF?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
long range missle = nuclear...right?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Just broke on Sky News.

Links to come.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Conflicting reports off the wires

REUTERS: JAPAN GOVERNMENT SAYS NORTH KOREA LAUNCH INFORMATION INCORRECT

WTF?

Never Mind. Clarified above

[edit on 4/3/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Eh?

OK. I'm thoroughly confused.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's coming off the wires - no links available yet

If I had a link, I'd post it

Latest wire:

Reuters is retracting its information about the North Korea launch. AFP says the rocked indeed has been launched. More soon.

[edit on 4/3/09 by redhatty]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join