It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by RFBurns

i guess you are not aware of the ` spaceflight films DVD collections ` which are commercially availiable

or the fact that you can order ANY section of the apollo transmissions from NASA direct - for a nominal processing charge

the full transmissions are out there

None of those are complete unedited versions of each mission...are they.

Try again.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
FFS - 295 replies , 110 flags for a pathetic fabrication - un freaking believable

appolo 11 had jounalists and other 3rd parties inside the control room 24 / 7 for the mission duration

the astronaut conversations were played LIVE on speakers

also honey suckle creek and joderall bank made independant copies of all the feed thier recieved / relayed

the convo cited in the op simply never occured - get over it

Perhaps honey suckle creek and joderall bank could make those copies available? Perhaps we could compare them to the NASA originals that NASA refuses to release?

Now that would be something to be skeptical about now wouldnt it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
I didnt suggest it. I said that it was a common practice of ham operators in those years to record their ham radio activites, and that it is also highly possible that ham operators tuned to the NASA channels, recorded those transmissions.

But on page 12 you wrote:

"Rest assured, there are some of them old ham buffs still around that recorded that stuff and are sitting on their prized collections of tapes. "

You made that statement specifically in the context of NASA recordings.

Check-mate, mate.

Regards...KK

[edit on 20-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I didnt suggest it. I said that it was a common practice of ham operators in those years to record their ham radio activites, and that it is also highly possible that ham operators tuned to the NASA channels, recorded those transmissions.

But on page 12 you wrote:

"Rest assured, there are some of them old ham buffs still around that recorded that stuff and are sitting on their prized collections of tapes. "

You made that statement specifically in the context of NASA recordings.

Check-mate, mate.

Regards...KK

Lets check your check mate...mate.

Now lets see who is taking things out of context with what is written.

Oh..make sure you refer to the posts further back as well as the rest of the post your nit picking at.

Ham operators regularly recorded what their receivers were picking up. (remember this one)

Ham operators did in fact tune in to NASA transmissions on their rigs.

Ham operators regularly recorded what their receivers were picking up.

Ham operators took their hobby quite seriously.

Ham operators recorded what their receivers were picking up.

Ham operators did in fact tune in to NASA transmissions on their rigs.

It pretty much stands to reason, that someone out there, some old ham timer, or relative of one, may have some of those recordings lying around in some storage box somewhere.

So...in checking your check mate...I would have to say that since Ham operators regularly recorded what their receivers were picking up, and that Ham operators did tune to those NASA transmissions, its "rational" to conclude that somewhere out there in Ham radio land, there are these recordings sitting idle and you guys just cant stand it that they are not released for your purposes.

I suggest the following.

Find a list of licensed Ham operators during the years from 1960 through 1973. Try ARRL.

Then with that list, start writting letters to those named on the licenses.

Simply ask if they were listening to NASA transmissions during the Apollo missions, and ask them if they happend to record any of them.

Then ask if you can get a copy of it.

Seems a pretty simple task for you skeptics to handle. If your that convinced none of what is scripted occured, and want proof, well then go find that proof. I dont need it, the believers dont need it..obvously..you do.

See how that works?

Check...mate.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Iapetus...a very unusual...and very extended orbiting "moon" around Saturn.

Out of all of Saturn's moons, Iapetus has the largest orbit, and is at an angle of about -15 degrees off of the orbital plane versus the other moons.

A Moon With A View

Cheers!!!!

I just wanted to repost this, as I find the wall-like structure across the equator of Iapetus fascinating. I know it's not exactly in keeping with the topic at hand, but I think this needs another look. Never mind alot of what Hoagland has to say, as he is clearly reaching on plenty of his other "points" about this interesting moon. Just have a look and check out the "wall", it's flippin' HUGE!!

Note that i'm not saying it's an actual wall....It looks like a mountain range, but just strange how incredibly straight it looks in these pictures.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
AS15-96-13017

AS15-96-13018

Direct Link to Above

You can Lead a Horse to Water.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

You've twisted it around. As usual you are asking for the proof of a negative.

It is up to those who claim the conversation occurred to prove that it did. So far that has not been done.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

It would seem the burden of proof would be on your shoulders to substantiate your claims. ( Since YOU are the one who brought up Ham Radio in the first place.)
As a former expert Ham.

Oh and thanks for the "Skeptic" label, I have NEVER been called that.

I can discontinue my lifelong quest for enlightenment and self-enrichment as you so eloquently sized me up over the course of 15 minutes and a couple of thread-post exchanges. THANKS-A-MILLION. I owe ya.

You certainly have a gift for "Skewering Semantics", I'll give ya that.

As you CB guys would say......10-4 Over and Out.

GAME OVER.

Regards...KK.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RFBurns

You've twisted it around. As usual you are asking for the proof of a negative.

It is up to those who claim the conversation occurred to prove that it did. So far that has not been done.

And I have made suggestion to how they can go about getting that proof.

I havent twisted anything. Only provided the two most likely sources to get that proof.

Ham operator recordings and NASA.

Now, which of those two do you think is most likely going to be a readily available source for anyone to prove these scripts???

Or...do you have a better suggestion.

Id like to hear it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by RFBurns

It would seem the burden of proof would be on your shoulders to substantiate your claims. ( Since YOU are the one who brought up Ham Radio in the first place.)
As a former expert Ham.

Oh and thanks for the "Skeptic" label, I have NEVER been called that.

I can discontinue my lifelong quest for enlightenment and self-enrichment as you so eloquently sized me up over the course of 15 minutes and a couple of thread-post exchanges. THANKS-A-MILLION. I owe ya.

You certainly have a gift for "Skewering Semantics", I'll give ya that.

As you CB guys would say......10-4 Over and Out.

GAME OVER.

Regards...KK.

Isnt this typical of the typical skeptic...prance around expecting everyone else to prove their case when they themselves make claims of nothing being bonafide unless the other guy provides the proof.

What..you cant find some ham operator to appease your closed minded opinion?

As I said, I am not the one who so desperately needs the proof..you are.

Since I am not the one with the need, Im not the one to go find your fix to fulfill your need. You are.

BTW, I am not the one who claimed anything, I simply stated that Ham operators regularly recorded their activities on their rigs. It is MOST likely that someone out there has recordings of those NASA transmissions.

I know Hams used to record their activities on their rigs becasue I have been a Ham operator since 67. Now you can take that anyway you like, I really dont care.

The burden is not on me for anything. It is upon yourself since you are so convinced in your belief. If your looking for something to change that belief, then seek and ye shall find.

Oh btw, us HAM operators are not CB'ers and we dont use 10-4 over and out.

Goes to show what you DONT know..doesnt it.

73's

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

None of those are complete unedited versions of each mission...are they.

Actually, the apollo 11 set includes the complete film and audio transmissions during their EVA. www.spacecraftfilms.com...
They don't need to be to complete though to disprove the quotes given by the OP. They didn't land directly across from any major craters on apollo 11, nor did they travel far from the LEM during the mission, contrary to the information given in the first post. This is about as far as they got from the LEM during the apollo 11 mission:
history.nasa.gov...
This is the biggest crater they came to in apollo 11, taken at the same distance from the LEM as shown above:
history.nasa.gov...

Here's a map showing where the astronauts went and where each picture was taken on apollo 11:
history.nasa.gov...

It's also completely unlike armstrong to act excitedly about anything. The real armstrong is nothing like that which is supposedly portrayed in these alleged secret transmissions. The man nearly died in a training accident, shrugged it off, and continued work as normal that very day.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Pretty good stuff I will now research these things further. This information justs makes me want to know more about "what is really going on". Keep up the good work and I will keep watching.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Well thats all well in good for the EVA portion of the mission.

I think the transcripts are from when they were still in orbit around the Moon and not walking about after landing on the moon, some of them anyway.

And who knows what any one of those guys would have reacted to something they have never seen before in their lives. They were not exactly doing something that was a regular routine that would have tamed any sudden emotional reaction to a sudden encounter with an unknown.

But as I keep saying here, all that is needed are those original recordings sitting at NASA's goodies box. If it is all so simple and so explainable as nothing but moon dust and rocks, then why do you suppose those recordings are still absent from the record, including those DVD's you spoke of?

Strange...but if its all so simple, it should be simple to resolve..only one problem...those original audio recordings are sitting in some vault at NASA and its been 40 years and they are no where within our reach.

And the beat goes on...

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nnelsosj

Finally supposed moon base photos that are decent! I have to say for once those actually look like something. Never seen those before thanks a lot man.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well thats all well in good for the EVA portion of the mission.

That's when this first fake transmission is claimed to be from. Therefore, it is for the relevant part of the mission and provides an alibi against the idea that they were simultaneously saying something else on a secret frequency.

I think the transcripts are from when they were still in orbit around the Moon and not walking about after landing on the moon, some of them anyway.

According to the OP's post, it was from the EVA. If we can disprove that, then the rest are not to be trusted either. I'm reminded of the false and disgusting claims of fake transcripts from Challenger's final moments after the explosion.

And who knows what any one of those guys would have reacted to something they have never seen before in their lives. They were not exactly doing something that was a regular routine that would have tamed any sudden emotional reaction to a sudden encounter with an unknown.

Bailing out of a crashing simulator just before dying isn't routine either. It was out of character, if anything, Alrdrin would have been the one to "grab neil's arm" (how did they know an astronaut was grabbing another astronaut's arm from listening on ham radios anyway?). My point is the story is not consistent with what we know about their character, it isn't consistent with the description of their EVA or landing site, and it isn't even consistent with someone who is listening to a broadcast.

If it is all so simple and so explainable as nothing but moon dust and rocks, then why do you suppose those recordings are still absent from the record, including those DVD's you spoke of?

It's on the record, you can get those DVDs yourself. I have for other apollo missions.

Strange...but if its all so simple, it should be simple to resolve..only one problem...those original audio recordings are sitting in some vault at NASA and its been 40 years and they are no where within our reach.

They're on the DVD, all you have to do is rent or buy them for yourself.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i find it strange that the "aliens" are always lit up like christmas trees in these encounters. it feels counter intuitive.

when we study wild life we use a hide to observe in as natural a setting as possible. why would aliens constantly advertise their presence by lighting their ships so garishly if their goal is observation?

great thread OP, interesting account, i look forward to the quotes.

Maybe they aren't aliens at all, maybe they are just time travelers witnessing history, and made an error in being seen? To cover up that fact and avoid changing history they had to have it covered up? Just a theory. Cool topic, though I'd love to see links to sources and transcripts.

Honestly, this is much more believable than people who claim the landings were fake; I know that sounds weird, but I feel that bridge has already been burned after so much evidence saying it was real.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Another strong indication that the conversation is fake:

Mission Control: What’s there? Malfunction (garble).Mission Control calling Apollo 11

Mission Control does not ever say anything like "Mission Control calling..."

When the capcom calls he says, "Apollo 11, this is Houston". Never "Mission Control", never "calling Apollo 11". At least the hoaxers could have tried to get the voice procedures right. The only thing worse than a hoax is a sloppy hoax.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

When the capcom calls he says, "Apollo 11, this is Houston". Never "Mission Control", never "calling Apollo 11". At least the hoaxers could have tried to get the voice procedures right. The only thing worse than a hoax is a sloppy hoax.

Very good point, don't know why I missed that before. It's clear to me that whoever wrote this never studied the actual missions in depth.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Very good point, don't know why I missed that before. It's clear to me that whoever wrote this never studied the actual missions in depth.

I bet he never booked a cruise to the moon either..
But seriously folks, Phage makes an excellent point (as always). I think he is a disinfo agent executing a fascist plan to overthrow ATS!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Perhaps this is a good time in the conversation to bring up the following fact. Astronaut Gordon L. Cooper, one of America's original seven Mercury Astronauts addressed the UN panel on UFOs & ETs in 1985.

Cooper orbited the Earth for a record 34 hour, 22 orbit flight in the spacecraft 'Faith 7', in May of 1963. He is known to be outspoken regarding UFOs and a need for an open inquiry into UFOs - based on his own personal experience of sighting UFOs in space and the testimony of other Mercury, Gemini and Apollo Astronauts.

Astronaut Gordon Cooper's Message to the UN

"I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more technically advanced than we are on Earth. I feel that we need to have a top level, coordinated program to scientifically collect and analyze data from all over the Earth concerning any type of encounter, and to determine how best to interfere with these visitors in a friendly fashion.

We may first have to show them that we have learned how to resolve our problems by peaceful means rather than warfare, before we are accepted as fully qualified universal team members. Their acceptance will have tremendous possibilities of advancing our world in all areas. Certainly then it would seem that the U.N. has a vested interest in handling the subject quickly and properly.

I should point out that I am not an experienced UFO professional researcher - I have not as yet had the privilege of flying a UFO nor of meeting the crew of one. However, I do feel that I am somewhat qualified to discuss them, since I have been into the fringes of the vast areas of which they travel. Also, I did have occasion in 1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of different sizes flying in fighter formation, generally from west to east over Europe. They were at a higher altitude than we could reach with our jet fighters....

If the U.N. agrees to pursue this project and lend the credibility to it, perhaps many more well qualified people will agree to step forth and provide help and information."

[Astronaut Gordon Cooper addressing a U.N. panel discussion on UFOs and ETs in New York, in 1985; Panel was chaired by then U.N. Secretary-General Kurt Waldheim.

Source

[edit on 3/20/2009 by Whisper67]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join