It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by RFBurns
Ham operators did in fact tune in to NASA transmissions on their rigs.

No question -- and they still do. Mazel tov!

Thanks for the informative and credible posting.

Your welcome.

It comes down to your faith that information that will validate your views is out there and will someday vindicate you. Which I guess is an admission that the information that will vindicate you hasn't yet surfaced.

Its not really faith, its more like a huntch that there are such recordings out there. The chances are very good that they can be found, if one wishes to take on the task. A good place to start would be to visit the ARRL website or contact a local Ham operator and begin from there.

Old 'space stuff' DOES sometimes take a long time to surface, I gotta admit.

Most times the stuff gets overlooked because it was forgotten it was there, blends in with other old stuff, with years of dust on it and everything else around it, making it all look the same to someone not looking for anything specific.

But sometimes the passage of time also just lets old rumors and misperceptions fester and mutate. A large number of US military personal in the 1959-1960 period, monitoring Soviet spacecraft, thought they heard indications of pilots on board those supposedly unmanned vehicles. Decades later, they told their stories. But the basis for the rumors had originally been tape-recorded radio test messages, not living, breathing pilots, as it became clear in hindsight especially after the blessed collapse of the USSR.

So it's worth looking for strange space history chapters, still, and it's critical to be as initially skeptical of decades-old memories as with contemporary rumors. RF, you and I are old enough to encounter this memory-morphing process even in our own minds (at least I have), so caution is the watch-word, especially so if you are searching for anything you can use to say "I-told-you-so" to disbelievers late in life.

Thats the thing that you and I have to cherrish what was in those glorious years of the space program, the memories of being there, experiencing the feel, the reality, the actual occurances when they happend. Trying to bring that back into a realistic manner today is quite difficult without something from that era to examine or give to someone so they can touch a part of the past. Indeed, the memory morphing process is a tricky thing, but as you said, caution and having something from that era to hold, or to listen to, helps keep those memories in check.

Watch the skies! But don't consequently fall into any pitfalls while strolling down memory lane.

Look out below!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This story has never been verified, this topic is covered in Jim Marrs book Alien Agenda. This is nothing new, again Charletain said he heard these things but who really knows. In alien agenda he also insinuates that the moon is hollow. He references scientest from MIT to back up his story. Supposedly when they crashed used rockets into the moon it reverberated like a gong for over an hour. This feat has been repeated many times for verification. So who knows....... I posted a large excerpt of this occasion if you want to read it. It has references and sources included in the post
therealspaceman.blogspot.com...[/url]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

hmmmm

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Jools

That's gotta hurt.
Pretty cool video.
Genesis
Be sure to click the link to the video about half way down the page (you will have to sit through a commercial).

[edit on 3/21/2009 by Phage]

hmmmm
on the fence again...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I was gonna leave this thread...but you guys have just enticedme back!!

Have any of you seen 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to The Moon'??? which was an investigation into the Apollo mission...there's a section regarding the Earth seen outside the window of Apollo... and how the distance from Earth to Moon couldn't have been correct at the time of the transmissions to Earth........

Incidentally it is alleged that a piece of black card was held up at the window?. to encapsulate the correct image of Earth.....I think I also recall some of the audio was analysed etc....etc....

It is on you tube of course...but is in several parts if anyone is interested...

It was quite a thorough investigation....but yet again I am still on that fence.....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

This is not a moon landing hoax thread but...
Bart Sibrel's "investigation" is just another example of very selective editing and distortion.
lokishammer.dragon-rider.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanLive
This story has never been verified, this topic is covered in Jim Marrs book Alien Agenda. This is nothing new, again Charletain said he heard these things but who really knows.

Don't feel so uncertain -- you aren't helpless. The claim that Chatelain was 'chief of communications' can be checked out and the result is 'for certain' -- it's bogus. He said he heard those things, yes. And he was never at Mission Control, never worked for NASA, was never 'head' of anything -- that all can be known 'for certain' through the exercise of research. Why now are you waffling that you can't really be sure either way?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this one is interesting

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

So which is it? Did Apollo 11 land on the moon and see aliens. Or did they never land on the moon?

About time you stop with the off topic posts.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sweetie
It's not off topic when it includes audio see 1:30 onwards and 3:20 onwards...It is VERY relevant to Whispers post...admittedly the audio portion is of small relevance to yourself...

This is a small portion of the whole sum of parts of 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to The Moon' anyways...and it needs to be viewed as a whole...sorry if i mislead anyone on this

I think you are a great poster...but you can be a bit 'chaotic'

All as I am here for is to seek the truth....pure and simple...

Sincerely

Jools

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Jools

Bart Sibrel's "investigation" is just another example of very selective editing and distortion.

Nice de bunking or whatever as usual...we're still none the wiser Phage....

Great posts to counteract...Itake everything on board (I am not sure where this places me?)..which is why in my previous postings I mention confusion...I guess we need to watch the dates and who posted the literature...and whether it's credible.

Thanks Sweetie!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Cutie,

Yes, Sibrel has been fully exposed as distorting the evidence. As have other "investigators".

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am in Hmmmm mode...

Again

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Jools

Cutie,

Yes, Sibrel has been fully exposed as distorting the evidence. As have other "investigators".

So Phage...where do you sit on all this?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So is there any dispute over the Vito Zacheri story's authenticity?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The title quotation for this thread -- I am arguing that it is bogus. RF argues that there MIGHT be a tape out there in some attic that confirms it, but he's never seen it. Evidently there is no evidence, at all, in hand.

Bogus?

Verdict?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Re Maurice Chatelain -- I am arguing that his 'expertise' is bogus. Does anyone care to defend him, or is there consensus his alleged astronaut quotations are unworthy of rational belief?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools

reply to post by Jools

Cutie,

So Phage...where do you sit on all this?

Benevolence?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Jools

It's not a credible site though is it... it's just some randomness dude!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

I witnessed a cigar shaped one with what appeared to be a light on the front of it -
high up in the sky while traveling on a flight from Chicago to Los Angeles.
It was the only noticeable object in the sky -
Prior to that I had little to no interest in UFOs.
But that sighting did it for me.
It seemed extraordinary.
I will forever be a believer.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join