It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
They often have lights, when they're not shielding, and some put on quite a lovely light show for people when they're showing off, such as in the "Vernon Lights".

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Sorry Zelong, I wasn't trying to sell you any books, just gave links to my sources which I most certainly should have in my orignal post. Let me please explain why I didn't and why one should *always* use the external links tags and proper HTML tags. You never know when one of your threads may strike a nerve and generate some attention. This isn't directed at you but, to everyone.

I've made many threads which I deemed important information; NanoTech in our food ect which maybe got one or two posts and then went into the ATS ether. I had formatted these threads in the correct fashion with the external source tag and link to my source. I was quite okay with the fact they fell to the way side.

The other night while in a another thread talking about NASA cover ups I had mentioned that I had a book with some intriguing quotes from the Apollo missions. Another member asked me to please post these; I felt it was off topic in that particular thread so started a new one. I honestly thought it would be like all my other threads and I did not take the time to properly format the thread. Also, I did not copy and paste per se; I actually hand typed the information lol I know that's just semantics and is the same as copy and pasteing but, isn't that what we do with all of our breaking news source information? Point being, I had no nefarious intentions. I was up all night making my posts, took a little nap, came back to ATS and BAM!

I question the validity of Maximillien de Lafayette. In all honesty the price of the books and the fact they are published and distributed by amazon.com; the fact the guy puts out a book a month seems suspect to me. There is a discussion about him on ATS here.

Phage has a point that anything taken out of context can be misconstrued. The main source of information in the de Lafayette book is Don Wilson, writer of "Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon." This book has been referenced by the revered Jim Marrs who I consider to be an awesome journalist ::again with the pom poms::. I, for one, believe Don Wilson to be a legitiment writer and a real person who did some great investigative journalisim and then had his book taken off the market. I can't say the same for de Lafayette, I have yet to find a picture of this man and believe he could be search engine. His books have a strange format, bad editting and take bits and pieces of information. ***Important - this does not negate the work of Don Wilson. I'm just having an honest disclosure of my views of de Lafayette.

Now, I'd like to propose a question about the Don Wilson book. Why is this out of print? Why are the *paperback* versions so expensive ($120 on amazon)? I've got a rare hardback, first edition of a collection of poems from Jim Morrison that doesn't even sell this high. Just a point of curiosity.

Regarding this thread here are my opinions. Did the Apollo missions come across aliens or some dimensional beings? Possibly - it was the first manned space mission of any consequence. Is the moon actually an alien ship of it's own? Possibly - what's with the reported resonance of 'ringing' like a bell indicating a hollowness? Correct me if I'm wrong, and I know you will ::smile::, isn't there now some evidence to suggest the moon is a lot older then the earth? Is NASA engaged in some cover ups? In this members opinion - without a doubt. As to what they are covering up...I can't say for certain. We need honest disclosure from our government. I think the citizens of the world can deal with the implications. They've been preparing us for forty years with books, movies, tv shows - we are ready!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I just felt it necessary to state the origins of this thread and to admit the preping mistakes I made in the OP. I failed myself and the ATS community on this one. In other threads I've made the appropriate html links and source documentations. Along with this admittance, I will attest I don't think it changes the validity of the information whatsoever. It was bad prep work on my end but, I typed the quotes word for word without personal interjection or embellishment.

I also apologize for my previous outburst. I still think the moderator, who I've now been told was posting as a member not a mod, should have used that boarder disclaimer. In my experience on ATS, true hoaxers don't take the time to set up a profile - they make their claims on their very first thread. I've been viewing this sight for years and have been contributing as a member for awhile. I just felt as if the moderator in question was making a direct attack upon my reputation and as anyone with any self respect would, I needed to clairfy my motivations and intent.

Final note: always use external source tags, html links to source. And don't thread if you can't take the heat.
And notably, I focused on the 2% of meanies and not the 98% who supported me, if not directly they were respectful with rebuttables. Some important lessons learned by this ATS member.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Is Phage and his band of loyal followers right this time?

That being said, I tend to lean on the side of believing in all things UFO, Government conspiracy, etc., etc. I believe there are plenty of hoaxers, I believe there are whackos, and I believe some of it is real.

I also believe our Astronauts to be credible human beings, to an extent. They, like all of us, are perfectly able to conjure up a wild imagination and lead us to believe this and that.

So, I sucked it in and researched some more of this, read the transcripts again, viewed the interviews, searched and searched,

and then I came across this:

www.debunker.com...

I won't post excerpts, please read for yourself. After pouring through this document, I have found myself dedicated to spending the next 3 days making up my mind on this issue, and trying not to burn up my modem in the process.

Right now, I'm flip-flopping the fence like a horned up mutt trying to get to the poodle.

Great thread Whisper67, and Phage.....thanks for waking me up and bringing me over to the dark side. (Phage, you don't secretly work for NASA, do you?)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Have any hard evidence to back this up?

Because linking a UFO site, which also doesn't provide any back up, is pointless I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

I wouldnt call defeat just yet. Many things to come, many many things to come.

Your better off staying in the middle...for now.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionix187
Have any hard evidence to back this up?

Because linking a UFO site, which also doesn't provide any back up, is pointless I'm afraid.

Unfortunately the only "hard" evidence anyone could possibly get to is being held back by the same ones so many consider a credible "backup" source.

Ironic...isnt it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by moniker

Why do you have lights on a car? Why do aircraft have lights on them?

Basic safety.

I doubt that an alien spacecraft at all times is going to fly dark. It doesn't make any sense. If you are flying around and you don't have any reason to hide. (like the fact that many people won't buy a UFO story) why wouldn't you turn on your safety lights?

I can see some times the need to fly dark. Like flying over a military installation. (those bastards have large guns)

But flying over civilian populations or over mountainous regions? Probably no need to fly without safety lights on. It sure would help other pilots or alien spacecraft from hitting you.

IE some believe that the Roswell incident involved two spacecraft that accidentally hit each other. Now when one of our aircraft crashes we spend a lot of time finding out why. Do you think that an alien civilization that sends missions to other planets wouldn't do the same? An incident occurs and then policy changes so that similar incidents like this don't occur again.

I just think that UFOs have lights on them for safety reasons.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Not defeated yet, just leaning a little to the right. I'm just saying there's just as much data available to contradict the story, as there is to substantiate it. I think it has to be a personal discovery for each of us.

(off-topic side note, I shook Armstrong's hand when I was a boy. He was an American hero at the time, still is really. He attended the World Boy Scout Jamboree in August of 1971 near Mt. Fuji in Japan. I was lucky enough to be there with my Scout troop. Back then, anything Armstrong had to say, the people listened to it, no questions asked.)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
And I do my own research thank you very much.
When the hot topic was Pyramidal Energy I read the books and wondered. Then I built my own scale models and started experimenting with the energy from those models. No sharpening of razor blades but definitely something odd was going on. Maybe I should start a thread about my findings. Hmmm...?

Please do! Now *that's* some research! I'm sure myself and other ATS would find this topic of most interest.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

I'd say Phage is right about there not being any bases on the moon.
The rest? I don't know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as music in space, this is something I've seen tossed around here often enough. The fact is that space isn't a vaccuum. There is some, albeit very very little, atmosphere in space. Sound CAN and does travel through space, we record it here on Earth.

"Sound can travel through space, because space is not the total vacuum it's often made out to be. Atoms of gas give the universe a ubiquitous atmosphere of sorts, albeit a very thin one." From...
www.space.com...

And also, sound can travel along any compressed medium. Including microwaves.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberSEAL

Maybe because they don't care? Maybe they don't care if we see them or not. Maybe it's our governemnt that don't want them to be revealed... Doesn't it seem strange that we no longer go to the moon now that we can get machines on mars?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The music thing makes me question what kind of atmosphere is there, not whether or not there are bases there. I know there's et bases there, and that there were joint programs with militia and ets prior to the moon landings going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I just linked an article that explains the nature of the atmosphere in space.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
Have any of you guys on here witnessed what you would defintely class as a UFO?

Yes... and you wouldn't believe where it was either.

I KNOW 100% that UFO's are real and the things they can do are outrageous.

When people try to debunk UFO's ... inside it makes me laugh because of what I've seen and what they haven't.

Don't loose faith they are real... the question is what are they.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
The music thing makes me question what kind of atmosphere is there, not whether or not there are bases there. I know there's et bases there, and that there were joint programs with militia and ets prior to the moon landings going on.

I must ask... how do you know this? You can't! You can only favor that hypothesis. It really would be great if at least one of the statements you make is backed up by evidence... or you prefaced them with "in my opinion".

I'm not saying this stuff can't be true, but the facts are that none of us here really know any of this stuff for sure.

It's great to have opinions, it's healthy to... but when an opinion is prefaced with "i know", it takes on an air of dishonesty IMHO.

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lunar Photograph

You Look - You Decide

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/752bd9dcab35.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dadfd0fd0f6c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4270061811ae.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46b616fc8fdb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

You probably missed my other comment as I have witnessed a UFO sighting and there was no doubt in my mind it was not of this planet.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nnelsosj

OMG!! Its the planet of the Apes.... or the Moon of the Apes.

actually, please explain the difference in the first and second picture....the first one does NOT show some of detail in the highlighted areas you saw, particularly the top left and bottom right ones. So, how did those appear in one and not the other? did you manipulate the photo? Without those being to separate NASA supplied photos, we cannot believe them, if even then.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You know whats funny about the Whistling ? you know how sometimes when we see a bird land on our backyard and we try to whistle to get its attention to tell them to come over , and the bird usually look at your direction and decided to fly away instead, unless we have a bread or some sort of interest to throw at them then maybe~ , imagine we got the message of "Warned-off" all wrong from the start lol , they were just whistling at the astronauts and throught they were cute

anywho,

Thank you OP , kept them coming , very interestin read

[edit on 20-3-2009 by geolancer]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Copy the photo, do your own contrast enhancements, see for yourself.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join