It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You Look - You Decide?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe7060795668.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6358079f31e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I know for reasons other than I'm willing to disclose here. This stuff is all moot to me. This stuff is for those who either refuse to accept testimony from the most credentialled citizens or listen to the grass roots ones, or follow any trails whatsoever, either because they're extremely skeptical, extremely uninformed, or paid to do this.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Apollo 15:
David Scott, Alfred Worden, James Irwin; went to the Appenine Mountains of the Moon. July 26 - Aug 7, 1971. Coversation about discovering strange tracks:

Scott: Arrowhead really runs east to west
Mission Control:Roger, we copy
Irwin:Tracks here as we go down slope.
MC: Just follow the tracks, huh?
Irwin: Right we're (garble). We know that's a fairly good run. We're bearing 320, hitting range for 413...I can't get over those lineations, that layering on Mt. Hadley
Scott: I can't either. That's really spectacular.
Irwin: They sure look beautiful.
Scott: Talk about organization!
Irwin: That's the most organized structure I've ever seen
Scott: It's (garbled) so uniform in width.
Irwin: Nothing we've seen before this has shown such uniform thickness from the top of the tracks to the bottom.

So, what could they be talking about here? The use of "organized structure" is compelling.

Next is again ham radio interceptions of communications with a trained geologist and the only civilian to ever walk on the moon, Harrison Schmitt.

Schmidtt: I see tracks - running right up the wall of the crater.
Mission Control (Gene Cernan): Your photopath runs directly between Pierce and Pease. Pierce Brava, go to Brava, Whiskey, Whiskey, Romeo.

Wilson writes (p. 145) NASA scientist Farouk El Baz admitted in a magazine interview that NASA did commit itself to a secretive search for various things on the Moon. 'We're looking for something - something..' He admitted that 'a huge bridge-like structure in Mare Crisium has been reported. That is all I can say about it.' When asked if 'that was a bridge - that you've actually found artificial structures or some kind of intelligently placed artifact?' El Baz quickly denied it. 'No, No. I am not admitting such a thing. But when you start to think about it, almost anything is possible. There are almost no limits (to) how you can interpret the many things astronomers have been observing and reporting for several centuries. Now the astronauts are seeing many anomalies close up.'

Source: EXTRATERRESTRIALS, UFO, NASA-CIA-ALIENS MIND BOGGLING THEORIES, STORIES AND REPORTS: Anunnaki, Zeta Reticuli, Area 51, Abductees, Whistleblowers, Conspirators. The Real & THE FAKE (Paperback)

Ham operator intercepts reprinted in above text from:
Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon - Don Wilson (out of print)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nnelsosj
You Look - You Decide?

What are the sources of your images? I like them

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The images I have posted are found here. Many are cut, and enhanced using common programs.

Apollo Image Atlas

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Transcripts. Where's the actual recordings? If they exist at all, those would be worth more than their weight in Gold. There's a case if the actual recordings show up - otherwise its creative speculation at best (fiction).

I simply don't get why individuals create videos or post excerpts and assert validity without verification.

On whomever would ever leak or expose inside documents or transcripts of any kind to presumably expose the truth. Please please expose the truth by producing the actual verifiable evidence (for once). Otherwise these people are just preaching to a very subjective choir. Those with an ounce of objectivity will call unsubstantiated material for what it is.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
Transcripts. Where's the actual recordings? If they exist at all, those would be worth more than their weight in Gold. There's a case if the actual recordings show up - otherwise its creative speculation at best (fiction).

I simply don't get why individuals create videos or post excerpts and assert validity without verification.

On whomever would ever leak or expose inside documents or transcripts of any kind to presumably expose the truth. Please please expose the truth by producing the actual verifiable evidence (for once). Otherwise these people are just preaching to a very subjective choir. Those with an ounce of objectivity will call unsubstantiated material for what it is.

The transcripts exist, they can be found on the internet from special research projects.

I would add that the Apollo program was from the Kenedy era, where the Space Program was still partially civilian. Over time space exploration has been undermined by military interests. Peaceful exploration of Space has been converted to commercial and military exploitation of Space?

I believe many people involved in the early space program were surprised with what they were finding on the moon, they didn't know what to do or say about it. Almost everywhere you look on the moon is "evidence" of prior occupation, and destruction?

For those of us that study the Apollo missions, there are rumors regarding threatening attitude by the current occupants of the Lunar Satellite?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

So I guess to condense your answer... you're saying 'no you don't really know and can't supply supportive evidence or proof' and then assuming I'm not as well read in the topic as you are because I don't believe so readily.

Finally you make yet another unsupported claim that must therefore be a dis-info agent right? Well I haven't received a paycheck yet. Just a straw man argument there mystiq.

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Word that. Although it appears you and I and a handful of other responders agree on the legitamacy of this thread, it falls upon deaf ears.

This thread reminds me of another a few months ago about a clip on CNN of an "alleged UFO" shooting at a US missle launch. The clip was, in fact, a "simulated animation" but alas, a catchy headline and uncorrobarated hearsay spawns responses like this. As this thread dies on the vine it will end up where old threads retire on ATS but the Headline will not be revised and it will be mis-quoted ad nauseum. "Neil Armstrong said......"

I seem to recall the mantra of ATS was "Deny Ignorance" but when Misleading threads which "cherry pick" soundbites and quotes are left to stand un-challenged, I think lately it is more like "Grow Membership."

As an early adopter of BBS's & forums (Prodigy, Compuserve, AOL) it saddens me to see what ATS is becoming. Plus I was recently "docked" 1,000 points for a prior "passionate" reply from a slightly biased mod, IMHO.

"When you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance."

If I go out in flames and pointless......it will be worth it.

It's been a fun ride.

Without Wax.........KK

[edit on 20-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Yes Shmidtt and Cernan (who was the Mission Commander, not Mission Control, which was in Houston) saw lots of tracks on Apollo 17. They took lots of pictures of them.
www.hq.nasa.gov...
the-moon.wikispaces.com...

On Apollo 15, the lineations on Mt. Hadley were of interest geologically because of curiousity about their formation. As I pointed out earlier. "Structure" does not mean a building, it indicates a geological formation. That conversation continued:

Scott: Yeah, and it is so uniform in width.
Irwin: Nothing we've seen before has had the same. I think that's in each bed, uniform thickness from the very top to the bottom.
Scott: And looking to the north on that Spur that we talked about yesterday we can see the horizontal bed again.

www.jsc.nasa.gov... Page 690

The mention of "tracks" occurs on the ride back from Mt. Hadley. The astronauts were out of sight of the LM, so to find their way back they simply followed the tracks the rover left on the way out. More very selective editing. Here's what the transcript says:

Irwin: Tracks here as we go down slope. Rover tracks.
Scott: Probably just follow the tracks, huh.
Irwin: Yeah, probably you do.
Page 690

[Scott - "I think Jim's comment here is interesting in that, it was nice to see the LM. Because nobody had ever been away from the LM before to where they couldn't see it. Not that we had any real discomfort. But, once you got to see it again, it was like 'Boy, there's home'. Even though we were still pretty far from home. It was nice to be able to see the LM. Prior to the flight, we didn't know if (A) the Nav system would work, (B) whether we could ever see the LM because the horizon broke so quickly - on the Earth it's like 12 miles and on the Moon it's like a half a mile. We knew we'd be over the horizon, and there was a lot of talk before the mission on finding your way back. Hansel and Gretel stuff and following your tracks. On the other hand, that would have been very constraining relative to the traverses that we could have planned."]

www.hq.nasa.gov...

[edit on 3/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ok let me say it again for the third time.

The verifying source...in these cases...NASA...are the very ones who will not release those audio recordings. So expecting anyone to magically come up with validation when the source to validate witholds the actual data need to verify is like expecting a speeding train to just magically go around you as you stand blindfolded on the tracks.

After 40 years, those audio recordings, in their entirety, should be available, heck they should have been available since day one.

So when NASA cuts loose all that stuff hidden in their "goodies" drawer, then there will be verfication.

That is...if all the closed minded accept the source as valid thereafter.

What a web that got weaved when NASA practiced to decieve. A huge cluster .... .

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Third times a charm. But RF, I thought you had suggested that the conversations were recorded by Ham Radio operators.

" The only reliable source would be to locate one of these old ham operators that recorded those transmissions. They are out there, they just have to be found. "

Ring any bells?

KK

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a very long read and I did enjoy following the links etc.

It seems to me that those who are skeptics are never moved by anything presented and believers are never moved by the skeptics. Much of the conversation from one thread to the next is predictable and I have only been here for a few months.

Of all the stuff provided the one laughable thing was that Mona Lisa video that no one really mentioned. I looked at those and the moon city one and as much of a believer as I am, that was pure garbage.

If anyone really thinks that stuff is valid I would love to get a response.

OP, I am impressed with the time and effort you put into this thread, I enjoyed it very much and it was really nice to go over this older information, thanks a million. red

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
FFS - 295 replies , 110 flags for a pathetic fabrication - un freaking believable

appolo 11 had jounalists and other 3rd parties inside the control room 24 / 7 for the mission duration

the astronaut conversations were played LIVE on speakers

also honey suckle creek and joderall bank made independant copies of all the feed thier recieved / relayed

the convo cited in the op simply never occured - get over it

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

i guess you are not aware of the ` spaceflight films DVD collections ` which are commercially availiable

or the fact that you can order ANY section of the apollo transmissions from NASA direct - for a nominal processing charge

the full transmissions are out there

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
OP, I am impressed with the time and effort you put into this thread, I enjoyed it very much and it was really nice to go over this older information, thanks a million. red

With all due respect, how difficult is it to cut and paste copy from a book?
( Even with a scanner and OCR software, 3 to 5 minutes max. )

Also, the only links provided were to Amazon.com to buy the book.

Honestly, I realize we live in an "Instant Gratification Isn't Fast Enough" world that is dominated by Google and Wikipedia, but time, effort, research?

Puleeeeze.

KK........."Counting down to Self-Destruction."

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

if as you are implying , you believe that some radio ham recorded this awesome exchange - care to opinie why they never published it ?

the radio hams that caught verified recordings of such monumentous occasions as - the first signal recieved from sputnik etc etc IMMEDIATLY published thier achievements

so why would someone who took trouble to record something so earth shattering - just sit on it ?

you are simply grasping at straws - claiming that ` it could be out there `

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
FFS - 295 replies , 110 flags for a pathetic fabrication - un freaking believable

appolo 11 had jounalists and other 3rd parties inside the control room 24 / 7 for the mission duration

the astronaut conversations were played LIVE on speakers

also honey suckle creek and joderall bank made independant copies of all the feed thier recieved / relayed

the convo cited in the op simply never occured - get over it

Whew.....here comes the cavalry.

Finally, some logic, clarity and common sense.

A star from me, and to Phage for the good fight.

KK.....Stepping off ledge.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by RFBurns

Third times a charm. But RF, I thought you had suggested that the conversations were recorded by Ham Radio operators.

" The only reliable source would be to locate one of these old ham operators that recorded those transmissions. They are out there, they just have to be found. "

Ring any bells?

KK

I didnt suggest it. I said that it was a common practice of ham operators in those years to record their ham radio activites, and that it is also highly possible that ham operators tuned to the NASA channels, recorded those transmissions.

Ham operators recorded what their receivers picked up to log those QSL receptions, or for those who are unfamiliar with ham jargon, skip reception of distant signals.

It was also a means to provide evidence in case a ham operator was accused of using foul language transmitted on their rigs.

But most ham operators recorded what their receivers picked up for operational records to match up with their QSL log books.

And let me point it out again....it is most likely that none of the skeptics would believe an old timer ham operator anyway because the first thing they would say is they faked the recordings.

So you are back to your square one here...the original source, that some think is the only way to validate something regarding space, yet that source witholds that vital data from you.....NASA.

Catch 22 is hell..isnt it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by RFBurns

if as you are implying , you believe that some radio ham recorded this awesome exchange - care to opinie why they never published it ?

the radio hams that caught verified recordings of such monumentous occasions as - the first signal recieved from sputnik etc etc IMMEDIATLY published thier achievements

so why would someone who took trouble to record something so earth shattering - just sit on it ?

you are simply grasping at straws - claiming that ` it could be out there `

What makes you think that those ham operators were recording just for your sake or the others some 40 years later to appease your closed mindedness?

As I said before, you wouldnt buy it anyway. Heck I dont think any of you would buy it even if it came from NASA...you all would say someone in NASA faked it.

I doubt if it came and slapped you in the ear you would believe it either.

Extreme closed minded often shows the lack of living byond a tiny box.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join