It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving God to be fake... In under ten seconds...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Proof?

People whip out that proof card way too quickly. You have proved nothing.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
god is dog spelt backwarsd not to mention he is just an imagenary friend fo adults

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Actually... the OP proved more than you know...

While he did not prove that god doesn't exist... (which is impossible... google Russell's teapot) He did however, prove that the two major adjectives used to describe him... are mutually exclusive of each other...

There's a more in depth thread on this subject here

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
reply to post by fleabit

Actually... the OP proved more than you know...

While he did not prove that god doesn't exist... (which is impossible... google Russell's teapot) He did however, prove that the two major adjectives used to describe him... are mutually exclusive of each other...

There's a more in depth thread on this subject here

Hey nj2day, I just have to say that I have enjoyed reading your posts. I don't agree with everything you have said, but you are obviously an intelligent person, and it's good to read the well though out arguments that you have provided! It seems you may be on a different spectrum from me on this issue, but thats respectable and I thank you for provided a different viewpoint!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Thats like saying I can prove GOD exists in 10 secs

All works of art have a creator
We are all works of art
therefore we must have a creator..

proves nothing

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Ah, a variation of the classic argument of can a "god' create a rock that he/she/it couldn't lift. How droll. Allow me to pose this question if you please, how is that disproving whether or not such a being exists? I mean could you disprove the existance of elephants if someone said their ear's are bigger than they are. that they could talk?
The existance of such a being CANNOT be proven or disproven based off what people say about said being. Sorry to tell you.

I know there is alot of people out there and gun ho to declare their beliefs to be true but come on, let's practice a little live and let live. I know people fall in hopeless love with the concept they believe in, but come on let's all agree to disagree and stop the bickering, please? We all think we "know" but in the end we know jack since truly "knowing" something is impossible anyway, it's all belief and faith.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is rediculous! The bible is flawed because it is written by man! I ask you to present proof (undeniable) that GOD does not exist? The bible is full of holes and good on you for making another point. If you believe that when we die we are no more thats fine as your mind can't comprehend what else is going on. Do good not Evil and you'll be fine. Peace to all and get ready for some dark times ahead, one in which will sort the men from the boys!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
You cant use reason or logic to prove the existence of god, and further you cant prove a negative.

Religion requires faith or belief that there is a god. Faith and belief are intangible emotions.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
"rediculous"....obviously you are a well educated individual, well schooled in both theology and philosophy! I am impressed.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregor100

The OP claims that "If you can change the future you are not omniscient. If you cannot you are not omnipotent. Myth busted"

What kind of stupid BS is that?

An omniscient entity has nothing to do with changing the future...where the heck does that come from? Out of left field, apparently

That renders the "omnipotent" part invalid, especially since none of it made any sense in the first place.

Entire point of OP: BUSTED for lack of logic.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I find these posters of such questions to be hillarious, of course I think the OP expects to prove the in-existance of God with such weak questions it deserves to be called jibberish..

I use used to enjoy a haearty debate with so called non believers but I discovered that no matter how concrete the logic, how complete the evidence and enlightened the answer these people have already made up their own mind and therefore nothing but God himself appearing will sway their opinion. Of course we know the scriptures say those who seek sings are adulterous.. So my question to the OP is.. dont let your wife find out mate
she'll make a trophy out of your balls..

believe or dont believe in God but please if you expect any intelligent discussion atleast post a worthy question.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregor100
www.youtube.com...

If you cant be bothered going to youtube the video says this:

"The god of the bible is claimed to be omnipotent and omniscient.

If you can change the future you are not omniscient.

If you cannot you are not omnipotent.

Myth busted"

Pretty hard evidence right there....

Edit - Well spotted out i mis-quoted... wooops..

[edit on 19/2/09 by Gregor100]

When one truly realizes that time, space, and the individual self are illusions
Then the argument for what is known as god or not god in this case
Also becomes a figment of our own imagination

The divine being is ignorant of itself ...there for......
it simply is ...."that" which is with out reflection
That which has no reflection is beyond ones own self understanding

why! because there is nothing that the mind can grasp or reflect upon

"you will not find me in your mind"

so stop looking .....

go speak to the flowers of god then listen carefully as to what they have to say about this subject

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregor100

dude your're a deadset idiot.. who made up those definitions of 'omnipotent' & 'omniscient'.. and when were they invented and does the entire human race agree with those definitions?? so are you basing your argument on websters defintion of two words which when translated from the orginal Greek or masoteric languages had someaht different interpretations.. We all know English is a bastardised language with these words borrowed from more ancient languages with clearer meanings.

only an idiot would base his non belief on such a weak presupposition.. so my question to you is.. are you an idiot..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RR98

A simple spelling error, I do apologise. Obviously you have me figured out.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
godisimaginary.com...

This link here is all you need to prove that god is fake, its that simple.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Anubis3.14

thanks for you enlightening website! I feel much better now.. I am not what I believe to be christian! I am a believer in a devine power of good and not a believer in the devine power of evil, that simple. I believe in a creator of the universe and I believe in a message, an important one at that.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

1- God knows you are going to marry next Sunday.
You are going to marry next Sunday because god knows it?

In this case, you have no free well.

So the only other option is,

2- God knows you are going to marry next Sunday because you are going to marry next Sunday.

This one needs a little thought,

Gods knowledge is fixed in eternity, but according to option 2 god had to rely on you to act in time for god to know and this will make go not omnipotent.

Makes since?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just because there is no Christian "God", (because we all know how diluded the Christian religion is.), does not mean there isn't universal force that acts on cosmic levels that illuminates the creation of existence with more than just physical reality as we see it.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The argument put forth isn't good because of the first premise. "Omniscient" usually is understood to mean all-powerful. Why, then, do you say that if God CAN change the future he is not omniscient? A god that can do anything and everything is the god put forth by Judeo-Christian and also Muslim faiths. Please comment.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Just because there is no Christian "God", (because we all know how diluded the Christian religion is.), does not mean there isn't universal force that acts on cosmic levels that illuminates the creation of existence with more than just physical reality as we see it.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Revolution-2012]

I'm open to that... but I'd need evidence...

I don't "do" leaps of faith

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join