It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving God to be fake... In under ten seconds...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well first have you visited the thread on other dimensions it will explain why your paradoxes are worthless?

And if you have really read the bible then you would understand that he does exist.

The linearity I point out here is that paul in the bible visited god in the 9th heaven, if heaven was to be understood as a dimension, which has been interpreted to mean thru translations of ancient civilization text, then you would know that the thread on dimensions points out that there can only be 10.

The reason why paul couldn't visit the 10th dimension is because it is the existence of all possible outcomes in all possible combinations being simulated to a true being of all outcomes versus your pitiful existence of one.

Meaning you are only one outcome in a universe that can be a similiar alternative of many.

People if your going to even try to disprove God's existence then you have to address the argument through the possibility of what physics and other academics have presented, rather than creating paradoxes that have already been explained. In other words pull your head out of the gutter.

And truthfully 10 seconds. WOW! you must have some ego to think that you have disproved the existence of the greatest being in all of our existences. Please explore physics and their explanations on the 10 dimensions. Also study numerology and get good at adding and subtracting cause if you can't even do that then flush your paradoxes and go home!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The only power the devil has is the power to get inside your head and place thoughts. if we choose to believe the god of the bible, god will change our fate. if we choose not to thats our decision, thats our fate..

now, i DO believe that there is good and evil in the world. and evil is something that is prophesied (in the bible) to be ultimately destroyed. and when that day comes i plan to cheese at every goomba whose ideas for a one world government are smashed by beloved fate.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregor100

Quantum Physics explains that the universe is made from consciousness. We all came from a pea size ball of something before the big bang. So that means that we came from that consciousness... and all the individual consciousness's you and me are from the one grand consciousness (God, Alla etc) So since we come from the grand consciousness you can say we are a piece of god. WE ARE ALL GOD. SINCE WE ALL CAME FROM THE SAME PLACE.

Peace.. and Praise Alla. (and by Alla i mean you and me, me especially because i'm smarter then you) hahah

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Omniscient and Omnipotent. One post said that atheists want believers to answer the question so I'll try not to type in circles. Alright, first I want to point this out. God creates Earth in seven days. God creates Adam and puts him in the Garden of Eden. God creates Eve. In the Garden of Eden, God puts two trees. 1) The tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil 2) The tree of life. This is a great question, "Why does God put two trees in the Garden of Eden and tells Adam and Eve to not eat the fruit off one of the trees?" Bam, see the pictue? God knew Adam and Eve were going to eat the fruit and he gave them free will (a thing most atheists don't realize). He knew they were going to be decieved. It's inevitable to change the future. Only he knows whats going on. Only he can do this. If you trully read the Bible then you must know the story of Jacob. God told his mother Rebekah when she was pregnant that she was developing two nations inside of her and that the younger would rule the older. Needless to say, Esau, Jacobs brother and whos older, sold his birthright to Jacob. Jacob decieved his father by pretending he was Esau so the father, who is Isaac, would grant Jacob the blessing instead of Esau, his favorite son. God had it all planned out. I only want to convey this message from God. "God does exist" whether we like it or not. Whether we refuse to believe or not, it was destined to happen. We can only change our fates of what we think and act. God already knows its going to happen. Like I said, inevitable. Also, I know this is off topic but if you believe in Evolution, I mean no disrespect to anyone and I'm not trying to offend anyone either, but if you really do believe in Evolution, then I challenge you to go have sex with a Monkey or Ape of the opposite sex of you and see if you or the Monkey/Ape can conceive. If you can, that would be trully interesting but if you can't, then we did not spawn from animals so that checks Evolution off the list. I'm not trying to be funny or smart, I'm just tired of people having to "see" to believe. Whatever happened to faith? "Not seeing" to believe? I challenge any atheist to rethink the Bible. Give it another shot.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You cannot disprove the existence of something that has never been proven to exist.
Therefore until it is proven to exist it cannot be disproved either. Proof is the question which we continuously ask on this website, the truth is simply this, until we personally experience ANYTHING, whether be God, UFO's, Dis-Info, Conspiracies, et al, we can only assume truth. 90% of Science is conjecture, and theory and faith in man-made and interpreted laws, sounds a bit like religion, no? If the Big-Bang theory is so lock-solid, why is it that its taken so long prove. In another 200 years, those human beings will look back at our science and technology as if it were a joke, in total dis-belief that we actually lived like we do.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ok ok
nothing has separated god from man more than religion and the bible..
oh and the jesus thingy is pretty simple.....what he did to sick people and the "miracles" that he performed was what all humans can do and more so..the big difference between jesus and all of us is simple--jesus believed in himself..we dont! we are taught to believe in anything but ourselves no matter what ISM or christian bible off shoot we are brought to through fear..oh and the god thingy
well..god is all things...so god is not 1 thing in particular,, or god is NO-THING in particular,or NOTHING,,thats how god is all things and nothing at the same time..plus god is not just man god is woman too,,and you dont have to call her/him god either you cant offend it...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I personally, do believe in God, but I am not a religious nut who tries to go around converting everybody and judges others based on their actions violating the bible or anything like that.

I have read quite a bit of this thread from the beginning and have thought that both sides make strong arguments, so good job everybody, its been an interesting read.

I have a question for the non-believers though. It's not a rhetorical question, or a question to lead you into admitting I have some kind of point or anything, I am just sincerely curious. My question is:

Do any non-believers believe in an afterlife of any kind? Do you believe ghosts/spirits/demons/etc are real? Most people link ghosts to religion when proving that there is a God, and a heaven and hell, but I'm curious as to if there are any theories out there in which an afterlife is separate from God and religion?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think that this thread has gotten way off topic.

The issue is not whether you believe in God, don't believe in God, accept the Bible, Koran, Torah, Book of Mormon, etc...

The issue is whether or not the very simple statement made in the OP, proves that God cannot exist. In my opinion it proves nothing, except that the person who wrote it has an over inflated ego and a severe lack of self analysis.

Many have pointed out the errors in the logic, yet here we are 14 pages later arguing about everything related to religion. Just as the OP hoped we would.

Dance monkeys dance! Waahaahaahaa!

This is my last post on this issue, I won't be anyones dancing monkey.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
I think that this thread has gotten way off topic.

The issue is not whether you believe in God, don't believe in God, accept the Bible, Koran, Torah, Book of Mormon, etc...

The issue is whether or not the very simple statement made in the OP, proves that God cannot exist. In my opinion it proves nothing, except that the person who wrote it has an over inflated ego and a severe lack of self analysis.

Many have pointed out the errors in the logic, yet here we are 14 pages later arguing about everything related to religion. Just as the OP hoped we would.

Dance monkeys dance! Waahaahaahaa!

This is my last post on this issue, I won't be anyones dancing monkey.

I'm quite sorry that the progression of ideas and thought annoys you

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Ask God?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams9
Do any non-believers believe in an afterlife of any kind?

I'm sure there is many who actually do (I would not consider them Atheists though)...

I personally do not, but those who maybe do, surely see it as equal opportunity place where everyone gets in, no God/religion judgment based ticket

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

how can changing the outcome be irrelevant? the very person that is changing the outcome is changing thier experience about a given time and place event

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don't know how to answer this. No, there isn't a great sky wizard. Yes, there is a 'god'. That being isn't as portrayed by any religion. It has been anthropomorphized to the point that the portrayal is ludicrous. As are the avatars of 'good' and 'evil'. It, and they, just simply do not operate on a scale that we can understand, and it doesn't operate on the scale where it is active 'here'. There is no 'power' here.

Yes, you are right 'here', but no, you are wrong 'there'.

I also know that this doesn't make any sense at all. Those that 'remember' 'there' will 'know' what I am talking about. Those that don't, won't.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

IF Christians were drones that didn’t think for themselves I would agree with you and say you are correct. Because if they were mindless drones there would be no reason to change the future. But humans have free will. So we are not forced to do anything we can think for ourselves. So what ever plan they maybe for your life your thoughts and actions change where you are heading. Free will is the wrench in the machine for your statement.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

I don't know how to answer this. No, there isn't a great sky wizard. Yes, there is a 'god'. That being isn't as portrayed by any religion. It has been anthropomorphized to the point that the portrayal is ludicrous. As are the avatars of 'good' and 'evil'. It, and they, just simply do not operate on a scale that we can understand, and it doesn't operate on the scale where it is active 'here'. There is no 'power' here.

Yes, you are right 'here', but no, you are wrong 'there'.

I also know that this doesn't make any sense at all. Those that 'remember' 'there' will 'know' what I am talking about. Those that don't, won't.

I liked your post, and I would agree with you. Our simple minds "here" are just too small and unintelligent compared to what is going on "there". I was going to say something along these lines as well, but you beat me too it! It all comes down to the fact that of course we are never going to understand exactly what IS, and was IS NOT...at least until we die and figure everything out. Just my opinion

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams9

That's just the point, there has been no progression of ideas. This page reads just like the first one. Nobody has learned anything from this thread. Nobody.

It all becomes mental masturbation at its worst. It can be boiled down to God exists, no He doesn't, yes He does,...

Like I said, all the guy wanted to do was to get everyone worked up over their beliefs. It's kind of like trying to incite a riot and then sit back and watch the city burn.

At any rate, the fallacies in the OP have all been pointed out. Yet, here we are...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by Rams9

That's just the point, there has been no progression of ideas. This page reads just like the first one. Nobody has learned anything from this thread. Nobody.

It all becomes mental masturbation at its worst. It can be boiled down to God exists, no He doesn't, yes He does,...

Like I said, all the guy wanted to do was to get everyone worked up over their beliefs. It's kind of like trying to incite a riot and then sit back and watch the city burn.

At any rate, the fallacies in the OP have all been pointed out. Yet, here we are...

Yet you are still here, responding to something I said to you... That is why this thread has progressed so far, because everyone is responding to what has been said to their ideas. I respect your opinion and am not trying to attack you at all, but I just do not agree with you

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
"The god of the bible is claimed to be omnipotent and omniscient.

If you can change the future you are not omniscient.

If you cannot you are not omnipotent.

Myth busted"

Ok, I can change my socks, and then I know what socks I am wearing. Since I can change my socks, I know how to do it and I can do it.

Of course, God is not a man, and your words assume that God thinks or acts like a man, which He says He does not, in the Bible. This humanlike God concept is Satanic (from Satan) so you will not follow God. To follow God is to love one another. Satan doesn't like love, he likes hate and destruction.

I like love.

So, what will you believe?

By the way, on other threads I answered the major questions about God, also. For example, can He make a rock so big that He can't move it, or How many angels can dance on the head of a pin, etc. Keep 'em comin'.

Also, the DJIA will bottom at 5920 this year, then rise again toward the end of the year. Just hang in there.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
No doubt, God exists. It just isn't what most people presume Him to be.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

the problem with that, friend, is that wars and countless deaths and atrocities have not been carried out in santas name

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join