It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message From Beyond From My Dog? (look at photo)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
After I read your story and saw the picture I thought, "sure why not? anything is possible."
It is meaningful to you and I thank you for sharing it-

Sorry for your loss, nothing hurts worse, that I can imagine, than losing a pet. I think it's because the love you feel for them is unconditional. What I feel for my pets is the purest form of love I know. They can bring out the best in us if we let them.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Greenize, a sad tale with a nice ending. I hope Cami can help ease the pain of losing Boo-Boo for yourself and Manpanties (great name btw). The mark does look like a hawk, it's probably just coincidence, but it's nice to think it may be more

reply to post by Wertdagf

Wow. Not cool dude, not cool.

Seriously, I think you've read "Watchmen" just a few times too many. You're more cynical than Rorschach and more detached than Doctor Manhattan. I hope you don't have any Ozymandias tendencies lurking there? One thing's for sure - you sure as hell ain't the Comedian, because no-one's laughing...though I'm sure some would like to throw you out of a window right about now!

Hrrm...some people...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by ahimsa

Funny thing, she is loving and wants to be in mine or my husbands lap when we are sitting down, just like boo-boo, but she has a temper out of this world! She is a fiery little booger when her dander is up. That is very unlike boo-boo, but it makes her...well her...btw her name is Kota and Manpanties wants nothing to do with her. He played with all the rest of the babies, but he shuns her...I don't know why.

Maybe he doesn't like her tattoo.
Wonder why he doesn't like her; does the mom like her?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
A touching story and that pups deffo a keeper and i do believe its a "sign" one of life's many mysteries, dont rise to the likes of that wert it's obvious to me its just attention seeking and thread de railing in poor taste

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Im sorry that your dog died, but the hawk was only hungry.... you should have atleast let it eat your dog fully, not go and bury a perfectly good meal for another animal trying to survive in a box in your lawn.

That comment was just plain ignorant and uncalled for.

How about this...if you ever have a child attacked by a mountain lion be sure and let the lion finish it's meal. I mean after all, it is just a hungry mountain lion. No need to waste a perfectly good meal, right?

Be gone Troll

[edit on 2/8/09 by BlackOps719]

Man, i was gonna say something about this guy... but... what u said... U r Da man!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Haha I personally think you're reading too much into it, to me it's just a random blotch. But right when you mentioned I was reminded of the story of Sigurd Ragnarsson, who was born with the image of an ouroborous around the pupil of his left eye.

His father, Ragnar Lodbrok, was famous for getting rid of snakes in a part of Sweden by wearing hairy pants to protect from their bites. Additionally he was sentenced to death by King Ælla when he was shipwrecked in England by a freak storm. He was thrown into a pit of vipers and left to die. Interestingly enough, Ragnar's sons got terrible revenge on the king. A snake for a snake.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Ok hang on a sec people All Greenize did was tell us of an experience she had and what has happened since Shes presented us with facts and photos but at what point did she say 'this IS' an image of an eagle and 'it IS' a message from Manpanties (An absolutely amazing name for a pup I may add - love it!!) so please stop trying to make her feel dumb and dimissing what she has to say. This is skunkworks after all. Be nice!!

Greenzie I am sorry to hear of your loss. I had a Lhasa Apsos pup when I was about 15 (13yrs ago) and shes not got long left we suspect as she isnt well (I wont go into the details) Theres been talk of havin her put down but my little brother (and myself) wont hear of it (which leads us to ask ourselves what is more cruel - keepin her alive and poss in pain or puttin her to sleep when we dont have the right to decide) I dont live at home now and havent done for some time but I know that when snowy goes to that big kennel in the sky she will be missed and it will be a sad day (except for my Mam who does most of the cleaning up after her lol)

Anyway my take on this is: if you believe it and it makes you happy then all power to you. Y'know what it prob is just a random blotch but we cant know for certain and Im from the school of thought of 'anything is possible'

I would like to add this and if it comes across in the wrong way I apologise. Firstly I will ask if the eagle in question is still around? If he's not, have you considered that the eagle met its own fate somehow and Karma has reincarnated it as this puppy and the blotch is a form of communication. The fact that the other dog (or was it dogs?) wont go near it and that it has a bad temper at times could be an indicator. Sorry I dont want you to think that the culprit is now your loved puppy, its just a possibility that occurred to me - it took your joy from you and now it has to serve as that joy.

Once again I must reiterate that I am sorry for your loss! It doesnt matter if its a human or a mere ant If you love it and you lose it, you become upset!

[edit on 9/2/09 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Hey,

I now how you feel. Almost one year ago my rhodesian ridgeback Bobby died. he got really old, we stopped counting at 14. Me and my dad put him to sleep. Bobby survied 4 cancer treatments in his final years, and eventually he could not walk any more.

At this time we thought it was best for him to leave this plane. Seeing an animal just staying alive for you is heart-wrenching. When we put him to sleep every thing went fine until he was gone. I felt his presence next to me, it was really strong. At this point i burst into to tears.

Seeing that he had the chance to leave this plane but he still choose to stay with us. At the time i could not understand such a selfless act. But until recently i do.

I guess love for an animal can be so strong that it could unite us even after death.
You are very lucky to have such an experience. And i hope you love all your pups to death! And your dogs of course.

And congratulations!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry for that traumatic loss. I believe that my pet cat came back. I lost the first one, who had been formerly a stray, to snake bite. A year later, another cat turns up in the backyard in just the same way, the same sort of breed and high squeaky meow. They are so similar in personality. The first cat also seemed to hang around after she passed - the back door would bang for no reason, and I'd feel paws on me in the middle of the night.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think a lot of dogs have a lot of markings that can look like things, but if it helps you get past your pain, then think of it however you want.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Looks more of a Barnyard Owl than a Hawk.

Couldn't be bothered to read all the posts so, Why the name "Manpanties"?

Am I missing something here?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Personally i don't believe in coincidences.

I like the story, some of us appreciate it

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I loved your story Greenize, and I personally think things like your ' message ' can happen, tho I have no idea how. My German Shepherd called Bruno suddenly died 2 years ago. A couple of months later someone at my daughter's work split up from her husband and was looking for a good home for her 8 week old Staffie pup. I was offered and accepted the dog, and she had given it the name Bruno. Coincidence perhaps, but I have my own thoughts.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I see nothing in that mirror!
AM I A VAMPIRE???!!!??

Seriously though, cool story. Who knows f its really the dog trying to talk to you. Nice coincidence if its not her.
I also like the undergarment/clothing names for your dogs.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It isnt a message... to entertain such a thing is not advised. It doesnt look like a hawk....

Im sorry that your dog died, but the hawk was only hungry.... you should have atleast let it eat your dog fully, not go and bury a perfectly good meal for another animal trying to survive in a box in your lawn.

I'm pretty sure that hawk found something else to eat within a short time. He was denied a meal that time....thats just nature.....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Strange "coincidence". My own life is littered with them. I have to put coincidence in quotes because some times certain things fall outside the realm of co-incidence. For example, the sun rose this morning. Hardly something many people call a coincidence. Yet it did not have to happen. Earth could have been knocked into a pile of dust by a speeding object for example. Or the entire planet could have simply disappeared completely by an unlikely quantum-scale event (while unlikely, there is always some chance it can happen). But by statistics we know it is not a coincidence.

Some things which seem unlikely to happen seem to be perhaps intentional. And the reason we know this is because we know statistics would suggest it. But in certain examples like this there really is no statistical precedent to follow to actually know whether or not to call it a coincidence. So whenever something like that happens I just say "strange coincidence", consider putting on the record, and then don't think about it much again.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Its one thing to feel that way. You make a very logical argument.

But if you had human decency, you would know there is a time and a place for such comments.

I know that if my dog was being attacked by a hungry animal, I would probably kill that animal, even if it had already killed my dog. I'm not saying thats the right thing to do, but human emotion is something that separates us from the rest. We do many silly things that are unexplainable and sometimes illogical, its what makes us human.

to the OP.
Sorry that happened, but what a cool story eh?
While its more than likely a coincidence, that dog was meant for you. Keep it!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hello, I don't comment on many threads, I just read, but I cant help myself this time. I to myself had a dog that passed, and its very sad. Hard to deal with. They are a member of the family, like a brother or sister, growing up with him/her or just living with him/her. I am very sorry about boo boo. I love this picture and I love the possibility, I think it very well could be a sign, either way what a magnificent story

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Where are all the animals born with tire tracks on their fur? Did those pets not love their owners enough?

Thats a very good point.

I think a lot of the reaction here is because the OP was posting a "warm and fuzzy" thread, and your response was not suitably warm and fuzzy.

As for the pattern on the dogs chest, it is a fairly common mark on dogs, much like the "star" pattern on horses, and the "tuxedo" or "boots" pattern on cats.

I am sorry for your loss though. Despite the fact that Wert is right, animals just want to eat, I would have buried my pet too. It is also a fact of human nature that we seem to want, (and have wanted as far back as the Neanderthals) to inter our loved ones as a final act of protection. Regardless how illogical that may be. Humans are not only thinking things, but feeling things as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Where are all the animals born with tire tracks on their fur? Did those pets not love their owners enough?

Thats a very good point.

I think a lot of the reaction here is because the OP was posting a "warm and fuzzy" thread, and your response was not suitably warm and fuzzy.

As for the pattern on the dogs chest, it is a fairly common mark on dogs, much like the "star" pattern on horses, and the "tuxedo" or "boots" pattern on cats.

I am sorry for your loss though. Despite the fact that Wert is right, animals just want to eat, I would have buried my pet too. It is also a fact of human nature that we seem to want, (and have wanted as far back as the Neanderthals) to inter our loved ones as a final act of protection. Regardless how illogical that may be. Humans are not only thinking things, but feeling things as well.

The problem with wert's logic is, it doesn't make sense.

The dog was still alive before Greenize found her, she didn't die until a little after. So wert is basically telling Greenize that after the dog died, Greenize should have gone back to look for the hawk, and give the hawk her dog to eat.

That is just strange....

So by that logic, we should cook our family members when they die, or feed them to animals who need good meat.

The lion eating his kids? he would let it eat his kids? That is also too strange.

If we go by that logic, that means if Wert saw a man kill his kids, he should just let the man do whatever he wants with the kids. Because the man has needs....

It makes logical and illogical sense at the same time lol.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join