It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message From Beyond From My Dog? (look at photo)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepred
reply to post by Wertdagf

You sate that "ignorance is the cause of all suffering" While I do not agree completely with your statemant I would say that in this case your ignorance of the power of words to cause suffering is very apparent.

What do you do when removeing an old used band-aid from skin? Doesnt it almost always hurt? Who do you think should remove it to allow the festering sores beneath to heal correctly?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Let me just say that you are entitled to your opinion, I respect that, I do, but what you said what hurtful...let me explain...that little dog weighed maybe 5 lbs... she was defenseless... I loved her, do you understand that concept? Seriously? Your words just brought the image back to me of her laying in my arms bleeding from her lungs where a talon punctured her. I doubt that you have ever loved an animal, but she was my baby so try and show a little respect...please!

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

you are wrong. You loved only one animal.. and you showed it for only one animal. I understand and love ALL animals.

You had no love for the hungry predator.. if you did you veiw of this would be like mine.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Trust me, this same hawk has carried off many of my chickens! I understand that he has to eat. He didn't choose to eat her, he attacked her and left her laying for dead. I really don't want to argue this with you. You have more than stated your view and I am trying to be civil. I wasn't trying to create a debate here or an argument, I only wished to share my story and MY belief that maybe boo-boo was saying hi. Not to be rude, but I really wish you would move on to another thread now.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
To the OP I am sorry to be party to the derailment of your thread, It seems that from time to time a thread will take on a life of its own.

If this thread gets us all to more fully consider what, how and when we post and consider the effect it may have on others, then I think you can count it as one more positive effect the life of your pet had on this world.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Sp your implying that this hawk just felt like expending energy adn risking possible injury to settle a vendetta with you or the dog?

A Brid of prey does not kill for sport... when your bones are hollow and the correct arangment of your feathers is required to fly... and live. You woudlnt go around spotting things you can kill for "fun".

Maybe the bird miscalculated how heavy the animal was... maybe it intended to wound it and come get it after it was dead?

Maybe you should start feeding all the hawks like you do the rest of the animals on yoru farm... all depends on how much your sand castle is worth to you.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Thanks a bunch for making me cry.

It is interesting but the story is too sad to even care now.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

That is fine. I don't have a problem with anyone here or anything that was said, that is what this site is all about. I just had to take a breather and put my emotions in check before I let my mouth write checks my butt couldn't cash!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So you do not live in a home or use electricity or gas right? Wait a minute, you are on the internet, something tells me you are at least using one of those. I wonder how many rats and cockroaches were killed and displaced in building the power plants, or how many creatures were murdered or uprooted as they dug out the base of your home? Seriously dude, you want to act like you are better because you love ALLLLLLLLLLLLL god's creatures and not just the ones you decide to buy. Well, you are a hypocrite? How about the bacteria you kill when you wash? Where exactly do we draw the line at what creatures it is ok to dismiss the death of?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hi Greenize,

I hope you will be keeping that little puppy. Love the patch and it does look like a hawk. I think Boo Boo did send you a message with this little pup.

Sorry someone felt the need to come in here and rip open your wound.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by ahimsa]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I am sorry about your dog, such a strange story indeed.

I am also sorry some people keep pushing their negative opinions on you, this must be really hard.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but seriously mods, should Wert be allowed to continue to push his thoughts on to the OP and the rest of us?

Wert, regardless of what you think, you are brining up much sad emotions in the OP. I do not think you realize what you are doing.

Wert, we have heard what you think, we know your opinion, now would you please move on, for the OP's Sake?

PS, plus this is kind of Hijacking the thread, i am sure the OP would much rather talk about the symbolism in his/hers story, than your ranting on about how you think the OP was depriving the wildlife a snack, by not letting her poor dog be eaten by a hawk, the more i think of this, the more it sickens me, please, mods, do something about this.

I sincerely apologize to the OP for this, i will not acknowledge Wert anymore, as i am just feeding thy troll.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What is the pup's personality like? Anything like Boo Boo's?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

So you do not live in a home or use electricity or gas right? Wait a minute, you are on the internet, something tells me you are at least using one of those. I wonder how many rats and cockroaches were killed and displaced in building the power plants, or how many creatures were murdered or uprooted as they dug out the base of your home? Seriously dude, you want to act like you are better because you love ALLLLLLLLLLLLL god's creatures and not just the ones you decide to buy. Well, you are a hypocrite? How about the bacteria you kill when you wash? Where exactly do we draw the line at what creatures it is ok to dismiss the death of?

In understanding is love... in life there is death. Life feeds on life.. feeds on life... feeds on life... this... is... nessisary.

It is all about the lessons that it teaches. I am a student in this classroom just like you... i would love to live in harmony with everything, unfortuantly that is impossible in this physical existance.

I eat only because it is needed. I give thanks to all that dies to continue my existance.. if i am to be killed and eaten... then let it be that the energy is used to understand. In that i was worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
...this baby has a hawk on her chest!! Look at this pic.

Am I crazy? Do you see it or I am just missing my boo-boo? What do you think?

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Greenize]

Loss is a terrible thing to reconcile and I can empathise.

What you are seeing ladies and gentleman is a demonstration of Pareidolia..

No, this does not remove the pain with a burst a rationale. This just explains. I see a bird of prey also, it's how our brains are wired.

On a personal note, I love dogs (with the possible exception of Jack Russells).

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, I being a very spiritual person and believing in reincarnation 120%, I think that you could very well take some mental notes on how the puppy behaves as it grows up.

Each dog has it's own very distinct personality. That hawk is quite close to the one on a dollar bill, which could of been a way of her on the otherside picking out a way to let you know she's back in your life

Also, if Manpanties is very protective over the one with the hawk on her chest, I'd almost definetly say that it is her reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

That's very nice of you to present a very scientific explanation of her feelings.

However, IMHO it does not mean ladies and gentlemen that this is correct.

Just because you have a good perfectly rational and scientific explanation for this event does not mean that you are correct.

Science is far from figured out, and it's changed every day. So, until you can prove there is no afterlife you can't prove that her dog wasn't reincarnated.

A much better way to address the issue would have been to say,

"I believe this is what happened"

Not this is what happened.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I also must apologize to the OP for the derailment of this thread. The hawk is very interesting, lets look at what the Hawk Means:

Attention
Vision
Power
Energy
Leadership
Intensity

Hawk Symbols meanings: The Meaning of Hawk Symbols

The meanings could be telling you to pay attention, like your dog that has past is saying Look at me! I am here..

Thought it was interesting...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by Nirgal

That's very nice of you to present a very scientific explanation of her feelings.

However, IMHO it does not mean ladies and gentlemen that this is correct.

Just because you have a good perfectly rational and scientific explanation for this event does not mean that you are correct.

Science is far from figured out, and it's changed every day. So, until you can prove there is no afterlife you can't prove that her dog wasn't reincarnated.

A much better way to address the issue would have been to say,

"I believe this is what happened"

Not this is what happened.

Okay,I believe that Pareidolia is the most accurate explanation for the interpretation of this marking.

I cannot prove there is no afterlife, nor can I prove there is one. More importantly I shouldn't have to.

I made a point of reading this entire thread before replying. I almost didn't, but decided I should because it would at least bring the topic back on track. The question was asked and I answered. I also replied in a way that I felt was sensitive to those who were touched by this story.

I take great exception to the tone and insinuation of your reply. Perhaps my interpretation is in error but that's little consolation to my metaphorical nose which you have just put out of joint.

Somedays I wonder why I bother...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

In understanding is love... in life there is death. Life feeds on life.. feeds on life... feeds on life... this... is... nessisary.

It is all about the lessons that it teaches. I am a student in this classroom just like you... i would love to live in harmony with everything, unfortuantly that is impossible in this physical existance.

If you are just a student learning in a classroom and you cannot define the parameters to which you expect others be held to do not waste my time quoting Tool for your pseudoanswer.

I eat only because it is needed. I give thanks to all that dies to continue my existance.. if i am to be killed and eaten... then let it be that the energy is used to understand. In that i was worthwhile.

So you have no problem with the cruelty that comes along with the meat trade because you think it is necessary? Vegans might argue that but anyway...It is ok to pen cows and make them suffer until you shoot a bolt through their skull but you are going to get uppity at the OP for being upset at the hawk?

Now I get it. You just are not all that bright. It's ok. You said some pretty contradictory stuff originally. It is cool if you want to be a hypocrite but you must expect to be called on it when you do it in public.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

Originally posted by Wertdagf

If you are just a student learning in a classroom and you cannot define the parameters to which you expect others be held to do not waste my time quoting Tool for your pseudoanswer.

So you have no problem with the cruelty that comes along with the meat trade because you think it is necessary? Vegans might argue that but anyway...It is ok to pen cows and make them suffer until you shoot a bolt through their skull but you are going to get uppity at the OP for being upset at the hawk?

Now I get it. You just are not all that bright. It's ok. You said some pretty contradictory stuff originally. It is cool if you want to be a hypocrite but you must expect to be called on it when you do it in public.

Why do you assume so many things? I am not being hypocritical in anything i have said. I do not think that ANY animal should be farmed for food. If somone wants meat they should have to kill it themselves. Unfortuantly i cant go and hunt or fish without a permit...

When i go to the store i sit and think about what i am doing when i buy this meat. It is already dead... it has already suffered... what can i do but make good use of the energy it gives me.. to make its life apart of my own growth. I could imagine no greater a compliment to my own gutted body that may some day sit in a refrigerator.

I would personaly wish for some sort of nutritional kibble that i could eat. I do indeed dislike eating.

You are not "calling me out" you are insulting me.. putting words in my mouth... and making assumptions about my life. Ill leave it up to everyone that reads this to understand whos words are based on ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join