It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Today... Well They Scare Me

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

dude, your not wrong, i work in broadband tech support (ive worked for 2 major companys in the now).

ive had ppl shouting and swearing because their free broadband doesnt work, had people rant and rave because THEY cant set up of work pc's, ive had people say "this is ridicilous" to the fact that they need a wireless adapter to connect wireless, hell, ive even had people want to speak to my superious because they cant understand simple roule..

the worst, ive had grown women crying because they cant get onto facebook.

(by the way, the 2 stupidest things ive heard so far are....

"but its meant to be its meant to be wireless, i want to complain"
(customer was not happy they needed to connect their wireless to their power and phone sockets"

the pinicle ...

"sorry, how do i type numbers"
(this is my new dumbest thing ive ever heard, it used to be "i dont know how to type capital letters"

im with you, im very scared of people, for 2 reasons,
(1) i never knew people coudl actualy be so dence, and . . .
(2) i never knew people coudl get so angry over something they dont even pay for, or even remotely understand!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
I work in grocery retail, and have been for about 2 years now. We usually have a couple items out of stock everyday, no big deal.

Well when a customer comes up to me and asks for a certain product, and I say it's out of stock they, well I don't really know how to put it. You could say that they throw a fit.

Grown adults curse and yell in the store when we don't have an item their looking for. I know it's a minor inconvenience, but seriously? It happens to me nearly everyday. I get yelled at by average people, just for not having any more pepperoni pizza pockets. Of course not everyone does this. The majority do though.

It got me to thinking though. All these things in the world are going down, the future of the US of A is not looking that bright. We are most likely going to see some very hard times up ahead.

I realized that if there is another depression, things are not going to be like they were back in the 30s. This time around people will be not so nice about it. People are going to be killing each other if they can't get what they want.

They freak out about some hot pockets, imagine when they can't afford to buy bread? To me the outlook for humanity, atleast here in the US is very dire. I highly doubt that we will bond together and make it through these hard times. This time around we will act like savages. Most allready do when their inconvenienced at the grocery store.

I have lost hope for humanity. I am truly scared to see what people will do when the times get really rough.

What do you guys think? Will we help each other out? Or will we act like we do at the grocery store?

Of course there are still lots of good people out there, but i'm talking about the majority.

lol.. I got pissed at the laundromat the other day-dryer stopped working, and the female attendant(who spoke like 3 words of english) said it did work when it didn't, and walked away from me when I asked her her name. I was so pissed off, and yelled..made a spectacle..and it wasn't worth it, even though she was very rude..I think everyone has been on edge for a long time now..if/when we have a depression, I'd think about keeping a gun handy..people really are crazy now..there will be no goodwill..only survival of the fittest.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
nothing is important any longer
i let the days go so that i may grow stronger
i've failed the people that i care for
am i wicked? am i terrible?
i know there is a light that shines inside
makes things right for everyone to which i've lied
maybe i am just a selfish scrap of apathy
let it go let it go let it go slowly
i want to help those that suffer
so perhaps my misery acts as a buffer
let love live long let love live long
words form a defeated sequence repeated
suffering is a tougher thing than most
let the host of god and the angels sing
ring true to yourself and the wealth is within
i've already completed before i began

a fool sits on a stool thinking his thoughts are genius
when in reality he is just a part of the ashes of phoenix

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Great post. It is a reminder to all of us.

Most people, who feel powerless in their own lives, take it out on people they deem less than they are (ie service people) because- well they can- and get empowered by it. These same people, will believe that they are more worthy than their neighbor when "push comes to shove" and i do believe that the worst in humanity will come out when the # hits the fan.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i know that if the economy collapses people this time around arent going to be nice and believe me neither will me 7.62x39 rounds.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That's not true that the whole world is like this. I was fed up with the attitude and rudeness I experienced in America. Now I live in Thailand and the people are very kind and friendly. Not all countries have citizens whose attitudes are such. Although there are many that are there are those countries with still friendly and respectful people.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Sorry I have no idea how to Quote yet... but you last post was hilarious!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm upset that so many people seem to have no faith in their fellow man if and when the turmoil descends. You are my brothers and sisters. We must bind together against the oppressor. Confess yourself and become unburdened. It is easy to speak from my place, a high vantage point, but know this, I will help you in the coming times. If you wish to take advantage, so be it, I will still give so that you may be sated, even if it means I perish. I am ready.

Come together my brethren
let us cast aside aspersions and derision
make a decision to better your brether
you are but a very small part of i and i you
fuel the fire with a streetcar
my sire lies in the ashes waiting to be reborn

here comes the storm.

Peace be amongst them and i
one and the same
i do not feel pain but i can feel it coming
my horizon tempest has led me to invent this

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Chula Vista would be the last place I'd look for survival.

You know who you are!!!!

- besos

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
yeah, life is hard enough as it is, but with things quickly going down the drain, I'm afraid you're right, it's only going to get worse.

Make sure you ask for the protection of the Most High - you're going to need it.
What we're seeing is the Antichrist taking hold of the world and the people in it. Those not anchored to Christ are going to be deceived, and those of faith will be tested.

Luciferian influence in society has led to things like this and that's why it will be so important to establish a strong connection to the Creator.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

To me your response shows you have a healthy dose of self esteem and respect. I have been thanked by others for showing them how to deal with adult bullys...But now I avoid going to places that are not up to par with my refined and healthy needs and I am always accompanied by my new bodygard, my husband.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

heh...people, they get nastier by the day

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

I agree. I work in healthcare and it seems like we have to castrate ourselves constantly, bowing down to self entitled patients and family (often uneducated) and doctors (educated w/ inflated egos and God complexes).

I would love to tell them where they can shove their attitudes!

People seem just plain meaner, and (for lack of a better way to put it-) 'not brought up right'.

They also seem to have no FRUSTRATION TOLERANCE, ability to wait, be patient, or self discipline. So ugly...

Toxic!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

(Disclosure - I live in an area with very few children. My comments are based on the assumption of staying in this same area in a Depression)

From behavior I have witnessed in my fair southern state, I suspect that people won't necessarily be killing eachother over bread, at leas tat first. We're not really a.....healthy......state.

People will be going crazy over the fact that there is no more soda on the shelves - who cares that they (hopefully) have good, clean water coming out of their faucets at home. People will go crazy over the lack of hot pockets, despite the bread that is still, indeed, on the shelves.

Yes, I understand that people crave (and maybe even need) a little comfort in any kind of emergency, particularly something as long as a depression. However, so many people are so far removed from their food, I really think that many people will go for all the processed crap LOOOOONG before they'll think about things like bread.

Meanwhile, my family and I will be good for a while with our preparations to supplement what little there is to be had.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
wow crazy people think it's their duty to shout at a store clerk? insane.

I wouldn't even shout at a guy doing his job even if he was abusive to me - i would probably say 'gee, having a bad day? sorry man i just really need those hot pockets' (if i was the sort of braindead fool thats eats chemical waste)

I have only ever worked in a shop for a few days (and to be fair that was on a campsite full of stoners and i hear they're always polite) in england and noone was ever rude, not even when i gave someone the wrong change, i've also never seen anyone being rude to a store person - heh, if i did then i might step in and say 'what's your problem dude? chill out'

i do work with alot of americans that come over here on tour and i have noticed that in general they're more expectant - an english crew ask us to do something and american crew will tell us.

Maybe rudeness is endemic in your society, Americans are given far more egotistical media than us -i grew up with cartoons like 'bannana man' you had 'captain america', most americans consider america to be the best nation in the world and considers americans to be some form of uber mench.

I'm not bashing you yanks, i like americans -i just think most of you are a little too egotistical, a bit too self centered and narcissistic - even americans that aren't power hungry crazy people have a major complex that says 'i am the MOST right' which is why the right and the left are both so insane in your nation. Bleeding heart liberals that want to ban everything worldwide combat Nazi rightwingers who want to take over the world with bombs -the worst thing is most people see through it and hate it but then consider themselves better than everyone else because they're the only one that #really# understands the world.

hehe and before anyone else points out i fit into the last type of ego, yes i know -we all do.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Posted by jam321

"However, some people are just so rude in their response with one of those I don't care attitude that I just see it as my job to put them in their place."

Thats absolutely disgusting what right do you have to "put them in their place", in times of recession where the safest bets of a secure job is working in a grocery store? I lost my last job myself and ended up working in a grocery store because there was nothing else around, although I've had a university education, you want to put me in my place because i even DARED to become a victim of the fat cat bankers that caused this recession? There are more customers than just you and 1. it isnt always practical given the load of work to devote time to search the entire storeroom. 2. what if you KNOW the product isnt in why the hell would you look for it anyway?

Your type make me sick.

At least my company is still expanding, i bet yours isn't.

When you're outside my shop begging for money because you lost your job and can't afford bread i'l put you in your place and tell you to f**k right off

Won't be so self righteous then will u?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here's my perspective on the situation.

First,
Under no circumstances should they be yelling at you. Should they be blaming you and irritated? Well that depends on who you are. If you're the one doing the ordering, maybe they have a right to be angry.

Now that being said, it's not just you that people are angry at. Everywhere people go, they're not getting treated reasonably.

They wake up in the morning to go to work.
They get gas and spend waaaay to much money on it.
They get to work KNOWING that employer loyalty is gone but the employer expects the employee to work like a slave until one day, the employee gets fired for, usually, no reason. After working 60 hours per week for years, the employer just throws them in the trash like a dirty diaper.
Then they go home to their bills.
Of course at least one of those bills are screwed up which requires them to spend hours on the phone to fix the problem that was not their fault in the first place.
Now they realize after their super crappy, typical day, they need to go shopping because there's no food in the house.
They get to your store and yet one more business disappoints them because they're out of something so simple and absurd, it shouldn't happen. And since you're the only one standing there, representing the company, you take the brunt of their frustration.

Does that make it right? Of course not but when people get beaten down from all sides all day, every day, it wears on them and it doesn't take much to push them over the edge.

I used to work for kmart a long time ago and frankly I experienced the same things.
I had people coming in for items on the first day of the sale, first thing in the morning and I had to tell them to write a raincheck as we didn't have the item. That typically got me yelled at so I simply told them to talk to the manager as I had absolutely no power to help them in any way.

What would usually happen is my dept. would give the ordering dept. expected sales numbers based on previous sales and they would always under order at the request of the store manager to avoid having overstock. You see store managers bonuses were figured in a number of ways including overstock, total employee payouts, etc..

My point is that although I would never be rude, I would never take the blame for what someone else was responsible for.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

err mate what you just posted there seemed to some seriously weird cult sh**
we've got enuff nutters around these days as it is and the sort of thing u just posted isn't helping. especially when we are talking about wot could happen when the depression really hits home and ppl are desperate for supplies.

Also in my opinion wot will happen is that at first people will stick together but then as things get increasingly desperate they will rapidly go to looking out just for themselves and their own(family, close friends etc.).
Those in the country and especially farming areas will last it out better as they can grow their own food more easily.

On the other hand im based in the UK so im probably seein thing differently to those of you in the USA.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
We had a weather forcast that said snow and ice was coming. Everyone went to the store. They bought it all. Even crap they didn't need. They all thought they would starve. Some were driving 4 x4 trucks and SUV's.
I was dumbfounded. Some folks looks like they could live 4 or 5 days without having to even worry about eating.

To make this short, lots of folks were PO'd about the store shelves being empty and not be restocked fast enough. No love was shown to the folks working there. It was kind of sad to watch and it was only a snow/ice storm and it did not show up......no ice....very little snow.

I couldn't help but picture this following scenario:

Weather Channel Rep: "Weather Channel, this is Tom, how can I help you?"

Wal-Mart Rep: "Hey Tom, it's Janis again. Yes, our 3rd Quarter sales were down this year, we really need some help. If you do, you'll get a 10% cut in net profits."

Weather Channel Rep: "Sounds like a deal, what do you need us to do?"

Wal-Mart Rep: "Throw in a few false alarms sporadically across the U.S. for the next business quarter. Flash flood in the south, ice storms in the north, you know the drill."

Weather Channel Rep: "No problem. We'll make it sound bad enough that even Rain-X calls us to thank us."

Wal-Mart Rep: "Pleasure doing business with ya, tell the wife and kids I say hi."

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
You're talking about people that can't find their way around the store without a cell phone. I'm serious I've watched people call their spouse in a grocery store to find out where they are in the store. My brother and I used to joke around that these people would be the first to be picked off for a nice cannibal meal because they can't find their own car without a cell phone getting directions as they walk. If their phone didn't function they would be totally lost.

In fairness I'm one of those people because my spouse can't be where they say they will be. Lost in a food store isn't exactly my definition of crisis either, I'm sure I could live more than healthfully there for as long as they restock the shelves.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join