It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Today... Well They Scare Me

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
I spent a week up north recently and was saddened by how many people in New York stopped and stared at me when I said hi or smiled at them (we do that here in the South, it is good manners). Funny thing was that a lot of them came back and wanted to talk, social isolation is a real problem for people.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. A lot of times people are seen as mere machinery (like at work) or in the case of your New York example, only scenery. There's so many of them, it's hard to get to know them all. My heart goes out to those folks to came back and wanted to talk, it shows how desparately they needed someone to share with. How can such a large city be jammed full of lonely people?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

The majority of people are the root of all EVIL & It has nothing to do with someone's race!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1
err mate what you just posted there seemed to some seriously weird cult sh**
we've got enuff nutters around these days as it is and the sort of thing u just posted isn't helping.

I see, how very interesting. I wonder what I shall call this cult I have made, perhaps the Order of One, yes, that has a certain ring to it. But when you say it isn't helping, surely you only speak for yourself? Or perhaps you deign yourself a representative for the entire human race? I know I do. Regardless, my mad designs shall continue until I have crystallized them, because I am a cheeky bloke who finds amusement in such things, and I take it as a compliment that you find my lunatic musings elucidating, Whoops! There I go again, off the bloody trolley.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I know now where they are. One of you has them, don't you ?

The pizza pockets ! The pepperoni pizza pockets to be exact !

They're the cause of it all. Right . . . . . . . . . .

We are a strange species going through some strange times. But let's not
blow it out of proportion. Stress is the real cause. We are finding it harder
and harder to stay the course, or to adapt to changes, because of stress.
But we must adapt, and overcome the petty.

But where is my share of the pizza pockets . . .dammit !

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I thought ExquisitExamplE verses were pretty interesting. It's been a while since I've had to slow down, re-read a few times and consider some writings on ATS. If it's relevant even though it's metaphoric, I'm for it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In defense of Nestle's Hot Pockets I'd like to point out the efforts that go into putting one on a person's plate. There's a factory of workers who are following a recipe that had to be created by cooks, verified by chemists and approved by the FDA. In addition, the company is surely ISO compliant as well as OSHA. Then, they go through quality inspection, packaging and shipping. At the store they're stocked on the grocery store shelves, approved by manager in inventory, checked out by cashiers...let's say at a Safeway in Maryland.

Nestle 305,000 employees worldwide
Safeway has 13,400 employees in Maryland

Over 318,400 worked very hard to make sure you have a meal hot, good tasting and ready to eat in 2 minutes and you're going to complain because there's no pepperoni in that day? Seriously? I think anyone who does should sit down and write 318,400 letters of apology for being inconsiderate...or better still simply adopt a child through Compassion International because that $3.50 could feed them for a week.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I thought ExquisitExamplE verses were pretty interesting. It's been a while since I've had to slow down, re-read a few times and consider some writings on ATS. If it's relevant even though it's metaphoric, I'm for it.

Thank you friend, It feels nice to know that someone appreciates my musings, I also find your candor illuminating. Peace be among you brether.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And, in defense of humor, I think some of you are taking this way too
seriously.

Lighten up.

From Saint to Satan, the picture ain't worth painting . . .if it's all one color.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

I am not complaining about you musing and if I have interpreted what you said the wrong way then I am sorry. However your phrasing was rather disturbing and sounded like the sort of language used by people when they are recruiting people to whatever their cause be.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

No problem friend, interpretation is the eye of the beholder, that's why poetry and indeed all art is highly subjective, where one man sees a crazed cult leader waxing delusional, another can see the infinite light of the Christ consciousness. Now why don't you come over to my compound for a nice cold glass of Kool-Aid?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

That is classic......too funny.

Speaking of Hot Pockets:

This is awesome. Enjoy

regards......kk

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't do it !

You never know !

He could be out of hot pockets, . .know what I mean ?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
I know now where they are. One of you has them, don't you ?

The pizza pockets ! The pepperoni pizza pockets to be exact !

They're the cause of it all. Right . . . . . . . . . .

We are a strange species going through some strange times. But let's not
blow it out of proportion. Stress is the real cause. We are finding it harder
and harder to stay the course, or to adapt to changes, because of stress.
But we must adapt, and overcome the petty.

But where is my share of the pizza pockets . . .dammit !

I was one of those customers today at the supermarket. I almost broke down from frustration. My husband and I eat a pretty healthy diet. So many items I refuse to buy just for health reasons. We don't eat red meat... so I buy Ground Turkey instead. You get the idea. Well the store had nothing today. Not one damn item that I normally buy.

Now usually this isn't a "stressful" thing... however.. money being tight, I have not shopped for food in a while. My freezer was basically empty, and my cabinets pretty bare. I was just stressed out today. I (polietly) asked the manager to check in the back for about 5 items that I needed that they didn't have... he checked and they had none. I was pissed. But instead of yelling at him (afterall it wasn't his fault) I left he store. I came home today with barely any food. Now this is not the first time this has happened at this store. They NEVER stock enough of the healthier choices. Now I have to food shop again much sooner than I hoped and pray they have what I need. It get extremely annoying! Especially when I go to other grocery stores and they don't carry the items at all.

I can relate to people who want to flip out over stupid things like this.. I really WANTED to. It had nothing to do with the store or the clerk per sey, I was just not a happy camper to begin with this morning!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

This is interesting... Have any other East-coast users noticed less stock than usual at their local Supermarket? I'm here in Southern California and I was just at Ralphs the other day, and the shelves seemed to be fully stocked; There was an abundance of Meat, Fish, Fresh Produce, Bread, Everything. It made me sad for a moment when I thought about how desperate our brothers and sisters in Gaza must be, and how decadent and luxurious all of this would seem to them if they were to see it. I must continue to pray.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

There was lots of food there.. don't get me wrong! They just were out of specific brands that I prefer, and so do many others. For example... I only like Jennie O brand products. They have the fewest calories, and least amount of fat of any other brand I have found. They had other brands, but they were as high in fat and even cholesterol as some of the regular ground beef and were twice as expensive.

It seems that the grocery stores are always well stocked for unhealthy foods. They have tons of bread, but just a small secion of whole grain or whole wheat. I always have a problem getting bread there. As for produce, they had everything I needed, but its the other foods that I watch. For pasta.. I buy the whole grain, or an antioxident rich pasta instead of the starchy kind. They have tons of the regular pasta, but only one small empty section of the healthier kinds.

Don't get me started on cereal! All the shelves are loaded with the sugary kids cereals, but I dare you find a decent supply of a healthy cereal. It's always hit or miss.

Consumers are worried about saving money, and I get that. I am feeling the crunch of the economy too. However, I will not alter my eating habits because my health and well being is more imortant to me. I may spend a little more on my grocerys, but you will not see me taking cholesterol meds or high blood pressure meds when I get older. You are what you eat. I think that more people need to learn how to read labels and start eating a bit smarter. I wish the grocery stores were more accomodating to conumers like myself.

It starts to get agrivating when I can't even find a common product because the store didn't order enough. Sure, if I wanted to eat garbage, I'd have found anything I wanted there.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
too many adults have grown up physically while still being frustrated little kids inside. add this to the "i want it now" mentality which is promoted in all commercials...

i realized a long time ago in my teen years that throwing a tantrum for any reason is a useless waste of my own time and energy. and i mean it's not like they can't get their life-saving medication, it's just a food item which they can substitute.

just think of most countries in africa where food is mostly a diluted soup.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

YES! you have touched on a basic , universal question that many god fearing people have noticed in the last 2 decades i would say. I am 41, and i don't think that anyone younger than 30 understands this well, but the change in morals is amazing.

Im sure i sound like my parents did 20 years ago. That's the point, your point.

The depression era tent cities were crime ridden, but there were not over 200 million firearms in private owners hands. There are friends of mine with multiple semiautomatics and the will the use them on the expected "hordes of zombies."

you fears are justified, a depression would bring mad max to town wielding guns and killing your kids for their food. I am saddened every day by the same incredible lack of concern for the simplest care of neighbor for neighbor - and i live in a fancy expensive suburb of the Boston elite.

The grocery store - indeed - is a place where God would pick to walk around incognito in plainclothes as a test. If he could find 5 good people in there, maybe we would be worth saving....I am dumbfounded when no one else tries to be polite, and i stick out like a sore thumb trying to be considerate of others.

peace in our time.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i took a blade to my face and skin to see if i could trace my sin from outside to in
i carved out my innards as an act of penance describing the sinner
one pound of flesh, no more, no less, no cartilage, no bone, only flesh
would you like light meat or dark?
this is one giving thanks to all that has been seen
i am defenseless against myself essentially
i am the blank faced agent who works only for payment
i've payed it forward so backward i've actually become damaged

i took a garrote to my throat and neck to see if i could vote for my next precedent
i starved out the scoundrel and founded a fantasy family
i met my daughter wife and mother in the same instant finished
punish my gushing heart for being too bloody red headed step child reviled
self styled stalwart guardian my crystal symphony is far from finished
i put my pen to my will so that after i die i still have something to try
my fingers keep flying while my toes go to market and crash it
now that i am starving i really want my arctic heart to be criticized

are you ready to die you (snip) fascist apologists
i am ready to come full circle and divide the pi amongst my brothers
would you like a peace?
i'm sorry but you haven't been invited to the feast
not in the least i will still not welcome a thief
i cross my fingers while being crucified in silence
my bones broke bare against the pharoh's tarot card tower tempest
i've invented my own scent of perfume its called burning flesh in the
afternoon

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by asala]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wow EE that is quite deep. Hard to follow a post like that.

So here goes..........I honestly believe in an old saying:

"While it's nice to be important...It's more important to be nice."

regards.....kk

Oh and another that seems relevant to thread. "People Are Strange." - The Doors.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
This is interesting... Have any other East-coast users noticed less stock than usual at their local Supermarket? I'm here in Southern California and I was just at Ralphs the other day, and the shelves seemed to be fully stocked; There was an abundance of Meat, Fish, Fresh Produce, Bread, Everything. It made me sad for a moment when I thought about how desperate our brothers and sisters in Gaza must be, and how decadent and luxurious all of this would seem to them if they were to see it. I must continue to pray.

I'm East Coast and hadn't seen a downward trend in foodstuffs, but every now and then I'll go to the store and see a lot less variety than usual. For example, I was at Wal-Mart and found they were out of bread. Really? How does that happen? No big deal though, it was either an under-order or over-demand that week. People are very unpredictable, we like...change what we eat almost hourly. It isn't a crime to politely ask when the next shipment comes in. I found out at a convenience store I stopped at that Tastykakes come in on Tuesday mornings. Don'tcha know I showed up every Tuesday morning like Pavlov's Dog? A Tuesday Tastykake is incredible :-d all fresh and whatnot. A Monday Tastykake has been sitting there for a week...best to just wait a day.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join