It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Today... Well They Scare Me

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I agree with you... and I have lost hope in humanity too. I mean, what is all of this going on now? The human race have become too greedy... and of course not all of the world are greedy, there are some descent people out there. (Quite a few actually.)
I have seen people do this is supermarkets, I have seen people create some type of panic-attack scene just because some fairycakes aren't in.
No offence or anything to anybody, but normally it is the people that eat a lot. They think that they are going to die of hunger because chips aren't in.
People are getting ruder and ruder, and greedier and greedier. Haven't you noticed not much attention is going towards World Poverty recently because we're too busy saving ourselfs from this Credit Crunch?
This is obscene, the world nowadays is about moneymoneymoney.
Well, guess what.. money isn't anything AT ALL. Happiness is everything, as well with creating a future.

Have a nice day, thanks for reading.
(No offence intended on anything to anybody, we just need to pull our socks up.)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's not "People", it's just Americans.

People here in the U.S. are so OCD about little things such as the way their food is shaped.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I personally think that if you stay true to yourself then you will prevail these "hard times" in the "various" ways it "may" come. the people you have spoke of will become a part of their own greed and consume all of themselves and all that is around them. all you need to know is that you can identify this - many can not.. Also i assume you are american? by the word "grocery". I dont actually see this as much in the UK.. maybe due to a greater population?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

It isn't just the US, its global greed, selfishness, ignorance and dumbness.

if everyone would know and understand the full truth this planet could change, sadly over 50% will never have the intelligence to comprehend the problems.

www.youtube.com...

we have become worse than animals....

the only thing we can do is keep spreading the truth until we all revolt.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

I like to use the reversed approached, when I see someone being mean to a customer service person I give them hell. I do my best to embarrass them. I will do everything and anything within my power to make them feel bad. If more people stood up for themselves, rather than allowing themselves to be door mats, then maybe these angry bullying customers will think twice. They deserving nothing more than to suffer the same wrath that they inflict on others.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
It's not "People", it's just Americans.

People here in the U.S. are so OCD about little things such as the way their food is shaped.

I wish I could blame the country, unfortunately having been overseas, I have to sing some Depeche Mode:

"People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I never even met you
So what could I have done

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

Now you're punching and you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fist"

- www.sing365.com...

Depeche Mode isn't from the U.S. nor did the U.S. invent 'the angry customer' in 1776.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Haha love that song, another great UK band.

It seems people are getting more agitated, and it's easy to see why with all of the uncertainty in the world today.

I mean I've had some issues with depression in the past, that I'm still trying to overcome, but I still try as hard as I can to treat everyone as best as possible.

I think sometimes what you might see is a result of people lashing out because this world is so damn inhumane and cold. This isn't how we're meant to live, so naturally there would be plenty of anger to go around.

I know for one that sometimes people think I'm rude because I don't introduce myself or respond to their comments. It's not that I'm rude, it's that I am just really anxious about a variety of topics from my own life to the economy and terrorism, etc...

What has really helped me isn't anti-depressants, which I absolutely REFUSE to take, but is meditation (I've never actually been diagnosed). I have been meditating daily and regressively dealing with past issues, and it has helped tremendously. It also helps to alleviate daily stress.

If everyone meditated this world would be much better off, because it forces you to deal with issues rather than just putting them on the mental 'back burner.' Also, some argue that it helps you to connect with your true feelings, and the 'universal mind,' which some might call 'God.' Either way, it can't be a bad thing.

I think it would also make people a lot happier, and therefore it could possibly help to diffuse situations like the OP's in the future.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
When I look at any male American under 35, I ask myself, how many simulated murders has this guy committed?

Word? When I look at an American male over age 40, I think to myself, "How many 'Indians' has this man murdered in his head while playing 'cowboys and indians'?"

Not really, but trying to paint people who play video games as inherently more violent than those who do not is a losing battle.

Bring your research links, or go home.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Im with you op and honestly I dont think there ever was hope for mankind. We have made it much farther than we should have. We are #ing disgusting and I am not playing.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Dear OP,

Seems like there could be a simple way to handle a customer BEFORE they become hostile and begin yelling at you.

Next time they ask for "Product X" since there is none on the shelves...

Just tell them they were removed due to a product recall stemming from maggot infestation and some customers who ate "Product X" became quite ill.

But this is their Lucky Day.

You know where there is a secret stash of returned "Product X" in the back room waiting to be picked up by the manufacturer.

Ask them to wait right there while you go get some.

Chances are they will be gone when you return.

Hostility avoided, payback achieved, problem solved.....everybody wins.

Geez, I should be a "Life Coach" with all this talent and wisdom.

regards.........kk

[edit on 13-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It basically boils down to many that are unhappy and as we move along in this timeline people will become even more unhappier. Even the super charismatic, optimistic, positive fols will begin showing unhappiness. Mark my words... I predict in the next 3-4 years very little or next to none will be saying "Its all good" anymore. It's because we are all beginning to wake up.

This is truly a good thing.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by prometheus1111]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by prometheus1111
It basically boils down to many that are unhappy and as we move along in this timeline people will become even more unhappier. Even the super charismatic, optimistic, positive fols will begin showing unhappiness. Mark my words... I predict in the next 3-4 years very little or next to none will be saying "Its all good" anymore. It's because we are all beginning to wake up.

This is truly a good thing.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by prometheus1111]

no offense, but how does this mean we are waking up? I feel like if we are truly waking up...we will treat each other with kindness and not waste our time or energy on petty things such as greed, negativity, or meanness. I am just sort of curious as to where you are coming from

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
When a irate customer begins to assault you,
spay them with that 'pepper spray' you would do well to carry.

Or else demand or sue the store managers to assign a party of two to take care of store business as the need arises.

In-store communication devices, those always-on/2-way message phones,
would also work as a way to immediately de-fuse the situation
before any assault & battery incident happens

still thinking...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
I work in grocery retail, and have been for about 2 years now. We usually have a couple items out of stock everyday, no big deal.

Well when a customer comes up to me and asks for a certain product, and I say it's out of stock they, well I don't really know how to put it. You could say that they throw a fit.

Grown adults curse and yell in the store when we don't have an item their looking for. I know it's a minor inconvenience, but seriously? It happens to me nearly everyday. I get yelled at by average people, just for not having any more pepperoni pizza pockets. Of course not everyone does this. The majority do though.

It got me to thinking though. All these things in the world are going down, the future of the US of A is not looking that bright. We are most likely going to see some very hard times up ahead.

I realized that if there is another depression, things are not going to be like they were back in the 30s. This time around people will be not so nice about it. People are going to be killing each other if they can't get what they want.

They freak out about some hot pockets, imagine when they can't afford to buy bread? To me the outlook for humanity, atleast here in the US is very dire. I highly doubt that we will bond together and make it through these hard times. This time around we will act like savages. Most allready do when their inconvenienced at the grocery store.

I have lost hope for humanity. I am truly scared to see what people will do when the times get really rough.

What do you guys think? Will we help each other out? Or will we act like we do at the grocery store?

Of course there are still lots of good people out there, but i'm talking about the majority.

So, did you guys get more hot pockets in?

sorry, I couldn't resist.

We had a weather forcast that said snow and ice was coming. Everyone went to the store. They bought it all. Even crap they didn't need. They all thought they would starve. Some were driving 4 x4 trucks and SUV's.
I was dumbfounded. Some folks looks like they could live 4 or 5 days without having to even worry about eating. From the looks of them, they needed to worry about bathing and doing laundry, but who am I to judge?

To make this short, lots of folks were PO'd about the store shelves being empty and not be restocked fast enough. No love was shown to the folks working there. It was kind of sad to watch and it was only a snow/ice storm and it did not show up......no ice....very little snow.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Gun Sales Issue

The only way this would happen is if another "tradegy" is staged that brings total fear to the average american like 911 did. If staged right, people would surender their weapons freely. I pray this doesn't happen. If we give up our rights to protect ourselves we will truely become slaves to this government.

The whole Obama "Upping the Police" idea has me scared now.

Delete
This guy is right on it.It truly is amazing what happens within the cause and effect - chain reaction way of things.Most are purposely done(tradegies)such as 911 which was the cause that effected this whole planet as we are losing are freedom from the laws passed because of this incident.It also paves the way to spread fear throughout this country because of these so called terrorists that were nothing more than the Bush Administration,and hired guns from the network Illuminati who are building foundation blocks for their one world government.This stockmarket crash is purposely done in the same respect, for even as i write this,the so called "world leaders are gathered together to solve this economic crisis"(front page headline).I had to laugh because isn't it the "world leaders"(puppets of the illuminati)who caused this economic crisis in the first place to rope off everything and keep everyone in fear.Now watch the chain reaction of this bull#.they can do whatever they want and the scared,brainwashed,programmed masses will flock to whatever they're told.How many angles my mind will hit now,it's unreal...here's one....1. Gun sales out of control,everywhere, and because of all these new firearms(kaploowie,kabaam)another kid will kill 4 of his friends or some guy who gets laid off because of the crisis will walk into Burgerking and plug everyone with holes from his new AK47 just like the trick or treaters in S.C.Something will happen to rope off gun laws and try to make people give up their arms because,as this man said,we will become slaves to this evil government who's goal is to disarm the masses for total control and tyranny..I'm proud of you guys,cut through all this bull# that the media makes everyone a sucker for.It's like the pied piper leading the rats over the cliff.It blows me away and you have to be somewhat cunning to figure out what they are really leading up to in their secret little evil plots to control everything.This is a serious issue here,more than you could possibly imagine.I will also bring this to light.....angle 2.All of you must have seen McCain's approved commercial where he used some other guy as a scapegoat quoting him saying that an International tradegy would happen if Obama was elected.IT WILL HAPPEN,IT WILL HAPPEN,IT WILL HAPPEN it said.Then it said if you vote for McCain it wont happen....BULL#,you all must have seen this blatant threat to the whole country approved by McCain and the whole Bush Administration for another 911 copycat threat because now they can use Obama as the cause of another disaster,and they will which will tighten the knot even more.What you have here is pure evil out of control and the scared masses giving in to pure totalitarianism. There,you guys dug it up so now you can go to my space as the next chapter is....EVIL KILLED THE WORLD►

** This is just an issue i commented on

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You're talking about people that can't find their way around the store without a cell phone. I'm serious I've watched people call their spouse in a grocery store to find out where they are in the store. My brother and I used to joke around that these people would be the first to be picked off for a nice cannibal meal because they can't find their own car without a cell phone getting directions as they walk. If their phone didn't function they would be totally lost.

Seriously...Hot Pockets Now!

[edit on 13/1/2009 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I agree with all you say to a point. I for one know very little actually.
However I work in a retail type environment..some will be rude for
various reasons..if innocently then perhaps they will learn to be kinder
at some point. If not, nothing short of a miracle..( an extreme personal
case of not having the means to get even the basics ) would change
their attitude. If it does not then..then perhaps they really aren't worth
worrying over. I would however be afraid of those folks who insist
that they will have the goods regardless of others.
Most of us have been spoiled to a degree. I grew up
poor and still am but I would be willing to believe I can handle some
shortages with much less finesse than others who have lots more..that is just the way it is and any coming crisis will test us all perhaps with
surprising results.
NJL

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

You can defuse a situation without resorting to anger but many people have to be shown exactly where the line is and how not to cross it. I;m glad to see by some of these posts that I am not the only one who is noticing how unbalanced people have gotten. Seems like today if you really want to scare someone, don't mug them, smile. Pretty sad that people are so conditioned to aggression in this country that they question kindness but expect cruelty. I spent a week up north recently and was saddened by how many people in New York stopped and stared at me when I said hi or smiled at them (we do that here in the South, it is good manners). Funny thing was that a lot of them came back and wanted to talk, social isolation is a real problem for people.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

In my experience , the people who get upset easily and lash out at clerks and assistants, are usually on the receiving end of it in their marriage/work etc.

They only tolerate being stepped on "from above" because they can step on someone "beneath them".......elevating them , if only for a while.

Strange creatures we are !

I found that any staff i encountered stateside to be extremely polite and the epitome of helpful.

Have a nice day fellow ATS`ers .

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join