It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pending US air strike on Iran: Dutch intel agents withdrawn

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

So you are saying they are going to hold off till Bush is out of office?

I don't think they will wait for Bush,Bush is just another puppet and will do as he is told, NOT the other way around

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by drevill

I was wondering the exact same thing. The article quotes no reliable sources, why should it be taken seriously ?

Exactly,
It is the biggest and most UNreliable rightwing newspaper in Holland. Looks like Or BS or a planted story to play out a threat game. My guess is BS.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by drevill

I was wondering the exact same thing. The article quotes no reliable sources, why should it be taken seriously ?

You shouldn't and nether should anyone else .. Its a load of horse dung

Propaganda at its best

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Shame on all you people who read this tabloid garbage and actually believe it....this whole thing is a crock of you know what, an attack on Iran would be suicide in the current light of the world stage and even Bush aint that stupid.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Saturday, August 30, 2008

US prepares military blitz against Iran’s N-sites

* UK paper says prospect of military action could put Washington at odds with Britain
* Pentagon planners believe raids can hold back Iran’s nuclear programme

LAHORE: Strategists at the Pentagon are drawing up plans for devastating bombing raids backed by submarine-launched ballistic missile attacks against Iran’s nuclear sites as a “last resort” to block Tehran’s efforts to develop an atomic bomb, the Sunday Telegraph reported on Friday.

The British newspaper reported that US Central Command and Strategic Command planners had been identifying targets, assessing weapon-loads and working on logistics for an operation. “This is more than just the standard military contingency assessment,” the newspapers quoted a senior Pentagon adviser as saying. “This has taken on much greater urgency in recent months.”

Possible conflict: The report said the prospect of military action could put Washington at odds with Britain, which feared that an attack would spark violence across the Middle East, reprisals in the West and may not cripple Tehran’s nuclear programme. It said the steady flow of disclosures about Iran’s secret nuclear operations and the anti-Israeli threats by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had prompted the fresh assessment of military options by Washington. The most likely strategy would involve aerial bombardment by long-distance B2 bombers, each armed with up to 40,000lb of precision weapons, including the latest bunker-busting devices, the newspaper reported.

Attack, a good defence: Reportedly, Tehran has dispersed its nuclear plants, burying some deep underground, and has recently increased its air defences, but Pentagon planners believe that the raids could seriously set back Iran’s nuclear programme.

Iran was last weekend reported to the United Nations Security Council by the International Atomic Energy Agency for its banned nuclear activities. Tehran reacted by announcing that it would resume full-scale uranium enrichment – producing material that could arm nuclear devices. President George W Bush has refused to rule out military action and reaffirmed last weekend that Iran’s nuclear ambitions “will not be tolerated”. daily times monitor

(dailytimes.com)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This would tie-in with the Dutch intel story.

And the Telegraph is not 'tabloid garbage.'

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

I think this is fake or something

look at this, its very very similar including;

"This is more than just the standard military contingency assessment," said a senior Pentagon adviser. "This has taken on much greater urgency in recent months.

www.telegraph.co.uk...'s-nuclear-sites.html

from the telegraph 14th feb 2006

david

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Could be, David. Could be.

Or maybe they're just reeling off the same old sound bites for an attack?

That wouldn't surprise me, either.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Most likely just posturing, I predict military blunder on the horizon for Iran...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

ive emailed the editor to see if i can get any info as to why this article went out and why it was very similar to the telegraph of feb 2006. doubt ill get anywhere though

david

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The Iranian Fars News Agency also reported it 4 hours ago.

US Prepares Military Blitz against Iran

TEHRAN (FNA)- Strategists at the Pentagon are drawing up plans for devastating bombing raids backed by submarine-launched ballistic missile attacks against Iran's nuclear sites as a "last resort" to block Tehran's efforts to develop nuclear technology, a report said.

(Fars News Agency)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
the article you quoted was dated for today 2008 and suggested the info came from the Friday edition of the british paper in question , ie just yesterday 2008.
A quick check over on the telegraph's website shows no article bearing any headline like this, or similar. I would suggest it is BS ?

Post edit - just spotted the mention of the same thing in the Iranian news link....this is v. odd . Wouldn't we be hearing the same news in the UK and America if the news was actually true ?

[edit on 30/8/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

its almost word for word for the telegraph 2006

david

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Mm, odd, isn't it?

This story has been picked up by the Daily Times of Pakistan and the Fars News Agency of Iran ― both citing Friday's edition of the Telegraph.

I'll do some more digging anyway.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by chips]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chips

Mm, odd, isn't it?

This story has been picked up by the Daily Times of Pakistan and the Fars News Agency of Iran ― both citing Friday's edition of the Telegraph.

I'll do some more digging anyway.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by chips]

Debka is running it as news as well, citing the Dutch publication:

Dutch sabotage agent recalled from Iran over “impending” US attack - report

www.debka.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Russia's nuclear chief to visit Iran on Sunday

Russia's nuclear power chief will visit Iran to prepare the nuclear fuel operation of the joint Bushehr nuclear power plant in southern Iran, ISNA news agency reported on Saturday.

Sergei Kiriyenko will arrive in Tehran on Sunday for talks with officials of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization, the news agency said.

Kiriyenko is also scheduled to go to the Persian Gulf port of Bushehr and inspect the latest developments in the plant there.

Iran's Atomic Energy Organization head Gholam-Reza Aqazadeh said the Russian side was committed to launching the Bushehr plant as scheduled.

Russia finished delivery of 82 tonnes of low-enriched uranium for the plant's light-water reactor in January, and Kiriyenko said in June that nuclear fuel operations would start this year.

The Iran-Russia joint project was originally supposed to be completed at the beginning of the millennium but has been delayed at least five times for various reasons.

(NDTV.com)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

daily times owner

Salman Taseer, the owner the daily times and is close friend of Mushrarraf ,serving as a Minister in interim government. His TV Channel was the first one that got back on air immediately after the Emergency of 3rd November 2007, while other channels were facing crackdowns by Musharraf regime.

He was a well known leader of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)

he is also known as a very anti islamic ans an athiest and is the governor of Punjab to stamp out the islamist in that area. his son almost married into the british royal family.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by drevill]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
reply to post by Hellmutt

extremist controlled iran

There is a worse islamic extremism in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia than in Iran, but it doesn't seem to bother western people...

it is called hypocrisy

Iran is not Iraq and we know how things are developing in Iraq...

Attacking Iran could bring much worse consequences for oil dependent
USA (and world in general for that matter)...

But, hey, who am I to criticize excellent foreign policies by
divine american government (look what happened to Georgian army helped by USA and Israel military advisors: they had to pull back)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join