It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pending US air strike on Iran: Dutch intel agents withdrawn

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Absolutely marvelous. Honestly, I knew Bush couldn't just resign quietly. He has to go out (or will he go out at all?) in a BANG.

This is a war the World can't take. This is a war America can't take.

May God help us all.

Peace,
FK

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

PLucky, no one is going to nuke Iran. It's never going to happen. I'd suggest worrying about things that might actually happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who's old enough to remember a newspaper article back in 1991 concerning how the local pizza shops within the vicinity of the Pentagon were the first to know the Gulf War was about to start due to an unusual amount of orders delivered the night before the air campaign began.

Are there any pizza delivery boys here from Arlington who visit these forums, because if history is any judge Pentagon military personal get hungry when they're up all night finalizing battle plans?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

This guy would disagree with you:

(Two-minute clip about the U.S. nuking Iran)

(Wikipedia: Scott Ritter)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

PLucky, no one is going to nuke Iran. It's never going to happen. I'd suggest worrying about things that might actually happen.

infowars picked-up on this:

infowars.net...

Never say never, love, remember this song?

ru.youtube.com...

And this movie?

ru.youtube.com...

The first video is about sex, the second about nuclear warheads, combine them and we are screwed. Don't try to knock my logic because "better to nuke them now for what they might do in the future..." logic is flimsy at best. And I'm not says you support that logic, but come now, to think Bushy/Cheney are not salivating over murdering innocent men, women, and children.

Remember this interview?

ru.youtube.com...

When asked if Cheney was going to attack IRAN he smirked and said "why would I want to do that?" I don't have the exact time mark, but he said it, which means we are doomed. It even says in the Bible it says that "CHENEY...the harbinger of death." Look it up.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zugzwang
Am I the only one here who's old enough to remember a newspaper article back in 1991 concerning how the local pizza shops within the vicinity of the Pentagon were the first to know the Gulf War was about to start due to an unusual amount of orders delivered the night before the air campaign began.

Are there any pizza delivery boys here from Arlington who visit these forums, because if history is any judge Pentagon military personal get hungry when they're up all night finalizing battle plans?

Late-night war plans equals pizza-feeding frenzy. Pizza is overpriced, but so are the salaries of old men sending young people off to die.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Friday, August 29, 2008

'Israel decides to stop nuclear Iran'

Israel will not agree to allow Iran to achieve nuclear weapons and if time begins running out, Jerusalem will not hesitate to take whatever means necessary to prevent Iran from achieving its nuclear goals, the government has recently decided in a special discussion.

According to the Israeli daily Ma'ariv, whether the United States and Western countries will succeed in toppling the ayatollah regime diplomatically, through sanctions, or whether an American strike on Iran will eventually be decided upon, Jerusalem has put preparations for a separate, independent military strike by Israel in high gear.

(The Jerusalem Post)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Attacking Iran and nuking them are two different things Plucky. I'm not saying the US won't launch air strikes at some point, though I hope I am wrong. I just don't think an attack will include Nuclear weapons.

That said, while I don't often agree with you, I really enjoy your posts. Keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
US will attack Iran and monitor its resources.

China will allow it because they hold a huge US dept. And in order to get value for that dept.. the US will sell cheap oil to China. This in turn will keep the American dollar strong.

Russia will not intervene because Iran does not supply anything to them other then purchases of military hardware.

Also the US may help Iran by making nuclear facilities by their design to give the impression they are helping the citizens.

Russia's reward is acquiring lost land around it's borders.

The lives lost is considered acceptable to those who monitor our global systems when there is so much to be gained. So long as there is order down the road. Chaotic Order if you will....

What to some looks like a mixed up puzzle.. others see art and poetic justice to those who earn their rewards.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Similar stories have lead to nothing in the past. Lets please all remember the article on the Russian nuclear techs being told to leave Iran. That lead to absolutely nothing (although everyone who posted in that thread would have had you believe otherwise).

Just a word of caution.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am not sure at this point why the ships are in the Persian Gulf, to attack Iran, to stop Israeli false flags or just positioning as Russia has positioned itself around the US? Anyway an attack on Iran would have 2 possible consequences: either Russia, China, Venezuela, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, India and any other silent (but real) US enemies retaliate and WW3 starts or they let Iran be attacked and if Iran is not brought to its knees will result in a counter attack possibly nuclear or biological in kind against Europe and the US. Either way it is not in the interest of the US, the rest of the world will close its doors indefinitly to the EU and the US causing them to collapse. I don't see it happening because too many countries have stated that it would be totally unacceptable to attack Iran and they would seek to contain the US and the EU and that entails WW3. Another possibility is that the US will attack Iran to give Iran an excuse to attack Israel and possible destroy it. It is hard to try and guess what they will do, either way I think Iran will retaliate either straight away or when it sees fit with biological weapons or smart nukes. What the US needs to understand is that they are antagonizing just about every country in the world and if the world comes to the conclusion that it is either the US or us that will bring about WW3, it goes beyond Iran, but Iran could be the pretext for the rest of the world to stand up and be counted.
Many countries have nuclear weapons including Saudi Arabia, Libya, Indonesia and Brazil, it is just kept hush, hush..in the sense that nuclear inspectors have seized enriched uranium from these countries and is investigating how these countries came to aquire it....wake up, there are more nuclear countries out there than they let us know about, didn't they remove tons or enriched uranium from Iraq? If it is true then I bet you it was Iranian and not Iraqi and if Iran had that much uranium then they have tons of nukes, so go figure what the outcome will be. Don't forget that WW2 was about Jews being oppressed and the outcome of the war was that Jews owned the US and got Palestine on a plate of gold....now Muslims are the opressed, will they get Israel on a plate of gold? You are not going to discern anything from the news, these people are not about to tell you what their plans are and if the dutch intelligence knew about an attack they wouldn't tell the world and Iran about it in advance.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Rumors of wars.........

I think that the failed Georgian offensive sealed the fate of the Iran attack. There is no way to use the airfields that they were planning on launching the drones with, because they have had the B-jesus bombed out of them. Russia has successfully defended Iran from NATO/US/Israeli forces. IMHO

I could be wrong, but now the US will have to be heavily involved with any attack on Iran, Israel can no longer strike Iran without the help of mid air refueling, American B-2's, tomahawks, and carrier based planes.

There will be no Iran war, and if there is I think Russia will nuke us back to 1600.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Infowars? You're citing Infowars as a credible source? Come ON. At least throw us a bone and give us something that's moderately non-biased.

This story doesn't make sense for the following reasons which some other people pointed out:

* Why would anyone release intelligence weeks in advance and tip Iran off?

* Why if anything would the U.S. use unmanned drones to deliver an initial strike on a country, especially if there are widespread, numerous targets?

* Don't you think it's more likely that an attack would come from Israel than from the U.S.?

* Iran did just admit to increasing their number of centrifuges to 4,000 (news.yahoo.com...). Do you think this news story may have had anything to do with the Dutch intel agents clearing out? Maybe they saw this and said, "Hey let's clear out of here before things get hot". Like maybe it's a precaution?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well this idea isnt nearly as sexy as most of the rumors on this board but what if the US has a lot of firepower in the gulf to do as they said it was there for and that is to defend against any threats? No threats have thus far materialized and maybe thats why you havent seen any action. The ships are their for defense and so far have not been needed to be called into action. Is that why we keep seeing an ebb and flow of the naval buildup we have seen for the last few years? Its seems like EVERY time this happens folks keep talking about an immenent strike on Iran but nothing has ever happened. Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If America and its allies do decide to bomb Iran they would HAVE to go through the UN. Its international law. Even Iraq went through the UN.

So the world has said 'yes go on America, bomb Iran', what do you think will happen to the soliders in Iraq and Afganistan? Iran will just let them be? I think the USA around 200.000 in iraq right now. No, we will not be bombing anyone. I would not be in its best interest to have them all killed and then let Iran soak up Iraq.

China will not do anything and Russia is tied up with other things. There will be no WW3.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
What's to say the states doesn't have a UAV that doesn't just deliver a payload, but IS the payload?

Wow. Talk about things that make you go Hmmmmm.

While I hope none of this happens I cannot discount the possibility of it happening. No matter how it's done I still believe we will attack Iran. Or we will aid Israel in doing it. Many of us on ATS have watched this build up for quite some time now and we all can't be kooks to be seeing the same things going on.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I just can't see the U.S. attacking Iran. . at least not now with the troop situation. The troops are already stretched way too thin now and this would only make things worse unless they are planning on instating the draft. Plus I think if we were to get involved either Russia and/or China would get involved making it a nasty situation. If we didn't get involved with Georgia I doubt we will with Iran. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
BTW, for those reporting that the Telegraaf is a "Sun" type newspaper and thus this news is hardly credible, please realise alot of other dutch news sources presented this news as well. I'm talking Radio, TV and papers. If this gives this news any more credibility im not sure of, but I'd thought i'd add it to the discussion. Because in my eyes this does mean this news can be taken a bit more seriously then pure tabloid.

To add to the discussion, though I understand a nuclear weapon capability of any country can be dangerous, one does wonder why the only country in the world who has used these horrible weapons on civilians, and as ive read/heard possibly has lost a nuke over time as well to god knows what (Sadly I have no source at the moment backing this up, so If this is 100% true I am not sure, just remember reading that here on ATS sometimes) , always has to be on the foreground when it comes to other countries that rumour to develop a nuclear program, and yelling that they can't do that.

Now I do understand that a military superpower as the US needs this feature to keep their military supremacy, but it seems to me they are beeing pretty hypocrite about it.

IMO all nuclear weapons should be banned worldwide, but thats an eutopia, i know

EDIT: Fixed some typos, but I'm sure I missed a bunch still. Apologies for the bad English, it's not my native language

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Tunedbeats]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Guess we shouldn't have taken all those gold medals in Bejing. How impolite of us. We should have failed on purpose to keep good blood. Deep doo doo.
Pizza delivery boys and pre emptive strikes. Your making me breathe hard.
Kidding.
Even though their gymnastic team looked about 12.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 8/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If this was leaked intentionally the US/Dutch are playing a very dangerous game. The US and Europe have Muslin outposts and the ones here in the US at least are very definately armed and trained. I wonder if this is to provoke an attack by the Muslim extremists and thereby provide a reason to attack Iran?

To bad we can't put the leaders in a sealed room and let them kill each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join