It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pending US air strike on Iran: Dutch intel agents withdrawn

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sounds like this is about to get hot...
*Constructs underground bomb shelter*

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wonder how the Russians will feel if the Bushehr reactor gets turned to dust. Maybe they'll irradiate the Poland ABM site.

If a Naval Blockade is instituted against Iran before or during this conflict, which I'm sure it would, I think Kilo subs will be sinking some ships. Of course there's also the EM-53 Chinese bottom tethered mine. Too bad we feel we have to do this. There are so many hazards involved.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hmm. So Rapture, alien space ship from Galactic Federation of Light AND a attack on Iran in September?

Bush is insane, but last time he tried to put nukes on bombers he got caught doing it. I think there are probably some people within his own staff that will make sure he cant attack Iran like a crazy dictator.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

People have been making various predictions for a while now, but I've just got a really, really bad feeling its going to happen very soon.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Moscow halts Iran cooperation with US, will complete Bushehr reactor

The Georgia quarrel has all but derailed US-Russian cooperation on the Iran issue. Moscow is not only pulling out of the diplomatic and sanctions front against Iran’s nuclear program; according to DEBKAfile’s Russian sources, Moscow has decided to finally finish building Iran’s nuclear reactor in the southern town of Bushehr before the end of the year, after holding back for five years at Washington’s insistence.

Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin said in reference to the impact of the Georgia row on US-Russian cooperation on Iran Thursday, Aug. 28: “If nobody wants to talks with us on these issues and cooperation with Russia is not needed, then for God’s sake, do it yourself.”

Moscow has now committed to completing the reactor within four months. DEBKAfile’s military sources report that the functioning plant will enable Iran to operate a heavy water plant and produce plutonium as an alternative to enriched uranium for building a nuclear bomb. Tehran had originally counted on the Syria’s North Korean reactor at al Kibar for plutonium. It was demolished by Israel last September.

Putin’s sharp comment means the West can forget about Russian support for another round of harsh sanctions to punish Iran for refusing to suspend uranium enrichment. He made it clear that Western nations will have to resolve the standoff without Russian help if they refuse to cooperate with Moscow on Georgia.

The Russians have lost no time in following through on their threat. This week, they are sending the head of their Nuclear Energy Board, Sergei Kireinko, to Tehran at the head of a large delegation. They will stay for at least ten days to clear away the problems for getting the Bushehr reactor up and running by the end of 2008.

(DEBKA)

Iran Corroborates U.N. Nuclear Monitor's Estimate of Centrifuges in Operation

TEHRAN, Aug. 29 -- Iran is using 4,000 centrifuges to enrich uranium and plans to install an additional 3,000 of the devices, Deputy Foreign Minister Ali Reza Sheikh Attar said Thursday in an interview on Iranian state television.

Sheikh Attar did not say when the new machines would begin operating, but his statement corroborates the International Atomic Energy Agency's estimate of the number of centrifuges that Iran is currently using. The country says it plans to build a total of 54,000 centrifuges to enrich uranium, which can be used to fuel nuclear power plants or to build nuclear weapons.

(The Washington Post)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
wow...and the interesting thing if you are Iranian, we do not as a people like Russians all that much...

As much as I do not want another war I do not want Iran to posses nuclear capability under the current Islamic regime...during the Shaw when things were much better, more freedom to dress the way you want, more religious freedom and dating....under the old regime I would have said let them make nuclear reactors for energy...but now...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

lol get a clue....and all tabloids are 'Garbage' , dont try and say they aren't....
media is all propoganda and BS only sheeple watch the news tbh and doommongers which incidentally there seems to be droves of them on ATS, ; you guys should walk around town centres with a billboard around your neck sayin ' the end of the world is nigh'

be Careful what you WISH for...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Im gonna have to call B.S. on this one it doesnt make any sence for anyone to be talking about what would most likely be a covert opersation if anything about specific targets was mentioned it would give time to secure and remove whatever is in these facilities. Sometimes it amazes me how much people will believe what they read and see on tv... stunning really

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindsmog

Riiight...

What are you rambling on about, flower?

The Washington Post isn't a tabloid newspaper, dear (it's a broadsheet with 47 Pulitzers).

Maybe you should read up on some of Seymour Hersh's stuff about Iran, too? (Another non-'garbage' Pulitzer winner).

Next?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Good lord....Bush is really gonna do it.

All too convenient that it will happen right before election time.

Only difference is this false flag is going to blow up in his face. Goodbye peace, hello WWIII

Hmm. That's an interesting point.

Do you think Bush and his regime would have to speak to both McCain and Obama, explaining that he is planning a bombing mission into Iran (I don't actually believe the US is planning on attacking Iran at all, actually) and getting their advice or at least warning them?

Maybe it would be a Need to Know situation and both McCain and Obama do not NtK.

Maybe it isn't a need to know basis and maybe there is no rule that says that a President at the end of his internship must warn the two party leaders who are vying for premiership but Bush would decide to explain the situation anyway, just to be helpful?

Nah, scrap that last scenario.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
DUTCH INTEL

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fastwalker23

Too cool..it was censored.
We leave it that way for my advantage

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Has this been confirmed yet??
I seen this post a few days ago.. is there any proof besides these people saying this..

Yes I know the US wants Iran, but is there any proof to this??

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xtc18

Our job? We have been handed down a Bill of Rights and that is what we ought to be protecting.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Then there's the distraction the White House wants with TWO serious storms in the Atlantic, Gustav and Hanna. With most of the south dealing with the storm, and all of the news media sensationalizing every aspect of those hurricanes (Hanna isn't officially yet a hurricane but most likely will be), it would be an ideal time to attack Iran as no one would be paying attention.

I'm just saying that if the attack happened during the hurricanes, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

I agree, to a certain extent, that the countries involved in 'news" of this type/hype are the intended recipients of the information.... but the governments of those countries don't move around military hardware based on that info. The first thing they do is check their current data, which has been collected by their military intelligence resources, for corroboration. If the data cannot be corroborated they would then shift their intelligence gathering assets, and intel gathering efforts, to verify the news sources information.... which is probably the real reason for the news "leak", i.e. - to cause the enemy to vector their intelligence gathering efforts in a false direction. It is more than likely an operation meant to distract the enemy from some other activity.

-Euclid

[edit on 30-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hmm....wouldn't it be better to wait until Obama is elected so that he will have funded and trained his million person civilian defense force, equipped as well as the military, before declaring martial law while our forces are all overseas fighting a new war? Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

why not just be cautious instead of taking such big news as a 100% lie
stay on your toes! hah

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join