It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pending US air strike on Iran: Dutch intel agents withdrawn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Pending US air strike on Iran: Dutch intel agents withdrawn

www.telegraaf.nl

One of the agents, who under the supervision of the Dutch intelligence agency AIVD managed to infiltrate into the Iranian industry, has recently been recalled, because in the U.S. the decision has been taken to attack Iran within a few weeks with unmanned aircraft.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
translate.google.com

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sorry I couldn't find a English source for this yet. But the story is as follows: The Dutch intelligence agency (AIVD) has withdrawn it's agents from Iran pending a US air strike. The attack is expected to take place within a few weeks.

The Dutch agents helped identify some of the targets for the coming strike and shared that information with the CIA, according to the article.

Please find a link to a Google translated version of the website. The Dutch Telegraaf newspaper is the country's largest morning newspaper. A reliable source.

www.telegraaf.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/8/2008 by FreezeM]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Good lord....Bush is really gonna do it.

All too convenient that it will happen right before election time.

Only difference is this false flag is going to blow up in his face. Goodbye peace, hello WWIII

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is all good news. This all fits into Bush's plan for peace and freedom in the Middle East. You just have to imagine looking at it through the eyes of Jesus...to agree with Bush, it is that simple.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
A couple of weeks puts this just after 911 anniversary.

One must wonder, will an attack on 911 anniversary bring about a retaliation in the form of a Iranian strike?

... a, in the governmental wonderland, justified strike being they've just been attacked, again!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I hope this is just a BS story,but i have been saying it for some time now,Bush want's to stay in office and will do any thing to stay .

I wish we could all chip in and have a ATS satellite so we could watch what was going on for our self and not have to trust the media (unrealistic) i know

Star and flag for the op Keep up the good work

[edit on 29-8-2008 by duffster]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

hello there

how/why would any intelligence service let this be known and give weeks notice??????

cheers

david

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In case Russia didn't already intend to back Iran if they're attacked by the US, I'm sure they'll be almost certain to back them now. In light of the recent events with Russia vs. NATO...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I doubt it
Russia may have money tied up in iran but so does china and alot of other countries
But i think major powers would view an american controlled iran more profitable than an extremist controlled iran, Dont ya think?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I translated it.
www.telegraaf.nl...,1

AMSTERDAM - The Dutch intelligence service AIVD has in recent years a top secret operation carried out in Iran with the aim of infiltration and sabotage of the armaments industry in the Islamic republic.

The operation described as extremely successful was recently discontinued in connection with plans for an imminent U.S. air strike on Iran. It would also be bombed targets that relate to the Dutch spionageactie. That explained properly imported sources opposite De Telegraaf.

Tehran is suspected of being an atomic bomb and refuses to comply with the requirements of the West to stop enriching uranium.

One of the agents, who under the supervision of the AIVD managed to infiltrate into the Iranian industry, has recently recalled in the U.S. because the decision would be taken within a few weeks with unmanned aircraft to attack Iran. Among the potential targets are allegedly not only nuclear plants, military installations but also partly caused by the AIVD have been identified. Information from the AIVD-operation in recent years shared with the American intelligence agency CIA, according to sources.

It also could be sabotaged various supplies and stopped. It involved parts for missiles and launching vehicles. Iran is three times since 2006 hit by UN sanctions because of the controversial nuclear program. Western intelligence agencies fear that the land of the ayatollahs in 2010 about nuclear weapons at its disposal. The Iranian President Ahmadinejad threatens Israel regularly on the map sweep.

Ok so some words didn't translate well.Obviously Tehran isn't suspected of BEING an atomic bomb.But this does look real.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

I was wondering the exact same thing. The article quotes no reliable sources, why should it be taken seriously ?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Keep in mind for the future that "De telegraaf" might be one of the biggest papers in the Netherlands, it's also almost a tabloid. Half of the information is useless like most news papers.

On the other hand, why I said in the future, is because this item was also covered in this mornings news program unrelated to "De Telegraaf". Which gives it some more credibility.

Our Goverment hardly ever let's anything like this go, so this might be the smoke rising indeed.

[edit on 29/8/2008 by LoDGiKaL]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
how/why would any intelligence service let this be known and give weeks notice??????

cheers

david

Great question David. I was discussing this with some of my colleagues this morning. It's hard to believe this was 'accidentally leaked'. Whoever leaked it would face jail time. So we could assume this was intentionally leaked to the press. So why? Maybe to divert attention away from something else. Like the failed airplane hijack attempt earlier this week, or something else. It could also be to prepare the Dutch public mentally for a upcoming war in Iran.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Tehran is suspected of being an atomic bomb

Sorry couldn't let this one slide, that would make for one hell of an atomic bomb don't you think

Personally the news of a suspected attack doesn't surprise me, I think many of us have been waiting for Bush to make his move and attempt to keep office for a little while longer.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Whenever you hear that a governments intelligence operatives may be involved in a given news story that you read you should attempt to recognize the propaganda in front of you.

Most news stories of this type are designed not for the public in general, but instead for the countries government of which the message is about. For instance, this story could easily be nothing but a fabrication of events in order to trick the Iranian government into quickly moving heavy assets from one site to another so that both sites could be better detected or confirmed as targets by satellites monitoring traffic overhead.

Almost all news stories that mention the word “Spy” is designed to be picked up and disseminated by various spy agencies themselves. This trick still works because even though all parties realize that the message is intended for them, the target side still has to figure out its meaning and purpose.

This story will obviously not be picked up by the American media or even the larger EU papers because it is too inflammatory. If it is picked up then it will most likely be spoken of as completely fabricated.

As was all ready mentioned previously, the exact timetable for attack is almost never know fully in advance because, as the D-Day invasions of Normandy show, even the high command themselves are usually unsure of when the best time to attack is until right before the moment arrives. As the Art of War by Sun Tzu states, “All that you can do is ensure that you are not defeated for it is the enemy, in making a mistake, that provides the victory.”

I would not put a lot of merit in the facts as presented in this story except one. That being the one that we all ready know: Iran is most likely going to be militarily attacked very soon.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by drevill

I was wondering the exact same thing. The article quotes no reliable sources, why should it be taken seriously ?

One noteworthy additional footnote: the story was published under the joint byline of two reporters, Joost de Haas and Bart Mos, who exposed corruption within the AIVD in 2006, and were first wiretapped and then jailed for their efforts. All of this adds to the seriousness of the report. But in the world of cloaks and daggers, it also raises the possibility that they are now being fed false information to damage their reputations...

source: Toby Sterling

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Alright..so..If this turns out to be true and we really do attack Iran, what would the possible consequences be?

I'm assuming they wouldn't be good.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
World War Three

But don’t think I haven’t thought that comment through. Firstly, matters of war are impossible to predict. That’s why most sane governments don’t constantly rush into war. So, all the following conjecture is just that, conjecture.

Almost all wars cause the inflation of commodities. Oil will obviously go up, as well as everything else.

Almost all wars cause great fluctuations in the purchasing price of various currencies. The American dollar will fall until it is shown that we kick their butts efficiently and quickly, then it will most likely rise to a higher level then it was when it fell (but this won’t happen in this case).

The following things will happen only if things get really bad.

Ration cards will be distributed to the public and you will only be allowed to buy things approved on your ration card. The ration card itself could be considered the “Mark of the Beast”if it is forced to be permanently attached to your skin or hand or whatnot.

Many companies will go out of business, but jobs will usually not suffer because instead of a service economy we will be moved into a war production economy. However, you won’t make dirt for a living and even if you do it won’t matter because you will still only be allowed to buy what’s on your ration card or “Mark of the Beast” (if that’s what is becomes).

They will institute the draft. And no, you will not be able to flee to another country to avoid it unless you are rich or powerful.

Crime will steadily increase because of the rationing. This isn’t world war two, people in America now are largely self serving. You can bet that because of this fact, the government will make much more of a police state in this country than they did during World War Two.

We will all have to be careful what we say and do in regards to the people in power. You might get away with some off the cuff comment now, but if things get really bad then you better learn to keep your trap shut, unless your religion compels you to do otherwise.

The internet will be either limited to government functions or limited only to approved media sources like China does. No more ATS Forum, no more a lot of web sites, especially ones that could sell products against the rationing systems guidelines and procedures.

The Department of Homeland Security will most likely organize citizens into security groups and other community defense organizations, such as the civil air patrol and what not. You have to remember that war with Iran will be a much bigger deal than any of us are used to. We are talking about the entire mobilization and involvement of our military forces. The creation of the Department of Homeland Security might have been solely to help control the American population in event of possible war efforts with foreign nations. We never needed it before did we? Obviously the Department of Homeland Security is designed to serve some controlling function that we do not yet fully realize. Otherwise our country would have created it during world war two, not an isolated terrorist strike in New York City.

From this I hope that you are getting the picture that things could get very different then we are used too very quickly.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings

The American dollar will fall until it is shown that we kick their butts efficiently and quickly, then it will most likely rise to a higher level then it was when it fell (but this won’t happen in this case).

I wouldn't be so bold as to assume you would win

Iran isn't Iraq, they have better trained armies, more equipment and have the backing of whatever countries it pipes oil to.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

hello

In the past the dutch have had quite a large oil presence in the area

this is from Royal Dutch Shell

“Due to American sanctions, we can’t apply American technology or equipment,” Shell Chief Executive Jeroen van der Veer said at a May 20 shareholders meeting. “We will need longer for the preparation of the project.”

longer until when? sanctions in Iran have been in place for almost 30 years to one degree or another. can you imagine this changing without yet another regime change in Persia?

there has been russian/british forces station there in the past also, both in and after the previous 2 world wars. So this current issue is nothing new.

however with the current domination of gas supply into Europe from Russia, this could be what Europe is after, one way or another. Iran has the worlds second largest gas reserves of approx 970 trillion cubic feet.

It was also a stratgic country for the Allies

In August 1941, because of refusing to expel the German nationals, Britain and the USSR invaded Iran, arrested Reza Shah and sent him into exile, and took control of Iran's communications and coveted railroad. In 1942 the United States, an ally of Britain and the USSR during the war, sent a military force to Iran to help maintain and operate sections of the railroad. The British and Soviet authorities allowed Reza Shah's

the trans Iranian line goes through from Tehran to the Caspian sea, this would be a vital supply line to any military force the decided to camp out in Iran.

www.iranchamber.com...

david

[edit on 29-8-2008 by drevill]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join