It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo seen during endeavour live tv broadcast!!happening right now

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I was also a witness to this moment that cooljayman and others saw. I was sitting in my living room watching the ISS 123 mission coverage, it was early this morning (forgot the exact time), but anyways, i was watching the wonderful view from the shuttle looking down on the earth, then it switched to the view of the space shuttle doors were open and the Canada arm was on the right..... everything was normal, until I saw two bright lights in the middle of the screen and... i said (in my internal dialog) is that a satallite?... then all of a sudden the camera zooms in on the object.. and it looks like a "worm" of some sort that was pulsating and wiggling.. moving at a direction from left to right.. then the camera zooms out and the objects go behind the arm, and Nasa operator.. said something about incountering space debris... but this was no debris... it Look strikingly similar to the U.F.O. that was caught on a Nasa mission not too long ago...
This was my first sighting on Live T.V. and it made me get on here and look to see if anyone else saw it... and sure enough a couple did... thank goodness i wasnt the only one.. I sure hope someone with TIVO got that whole thing on replay.

(Note) The video that i posted is NOT the mission that was shot this morning. It is a totally different sighting, nonetheless, it is same type of U.F.O. that I saw this morning ( when i saw it, I even thought of this video.. it was so similar)

[edit on 11-3-2008 by EarthOne]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

Originally posted by cooljayman
Hi,

I'm just watching the live Endeavour mission on NASA TV, about 15 mins ago, me and my brother noticed a ufo floating behind the shuttle, then 5 secs later the transmission was cut off!!. IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT HAPPENS TO BE RECORDING THE CURRENT LIVE NASA TV please let me know!!. The event took place about 9.57pm Adelaide, Australia Time.

Cheeers.

Jay

[edit on 11-3-2008 by cooljayman]

Mod edit:cap title

[edit on 3/11/2008 by kinglizard]

I think this is the sequence you watched Jay. I agree and it was very
interesting. I was also surprised. Check the frames I captured from
the sequence to see if this is the one you watched. Click on the images
to see the full picture.

Description: The sequence shows Ebdeavour's cargo bay opened, Earth
above and space at the bottom. The Ufo was big and luminous with
several small lights around and a small one at the front. Just like a big
craft flashing with lights around and moving smoothly. The sequence
lasted about 8 seconds and suddenly the feed was interrupted switching
to Mission Control Center.

Unfortunately when capturing the video sequence there is a considerable
loss in resolution, almost 50% due to compression and degradation. The
main details of this Ufo should be seen on a tv screen from the original
recording to perceive the Ufo shape as well as those small lights around.

Keep watching.

FINALY!!
This is it, this is what we saw. Thanks heaps free-spirit!..Do you have a video of it?? This was not debri. Ok, now that we know what we are looking for lets find the full clip. ATS is awesome.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

He put me on there too. Maybe he's just adding everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I was at the launch this morning about 6 miles from the pad and didn't see anything unusual apart from the awesome sight of the shuttle getting ariborne. I have never seen a UFO before, but am open to the possibility they are around and thought that a shuttle launch would be a prime place for one to show up.

There were choppers flying around up until 10 mins prior to the launch, along with some jets going overhead - we couldn't see them because the cloud was too low.

I was certainly looking around for anything unusual but didn't notice it. There were thousands of people taking photos and video, so if there was a UFO about then somebody (apart from NASA) definitely would have caught it on film.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

Only if their camera can reach space.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Nice find! I've been following this thread since this morning and i've been really exited about it. The pictures that was posted a few post's back look really interesting. If the object is flashing then they would have to give a really good explenation for me to buy it as space debris.

Too bad the video that the stills were from was of bad quality. If you can I would really like to see that clip anyhow. I can provide server space if it is needed. U2U me if you like. But really, rapidshare or whatever works fine too.

I REALLY hope someone can find a nice full,or close to full, resolution of this event.

Off topic: People should really try to read the threads before posting.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by bastupungen]

[edit on 11-3-2008 by bastupungen]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm DVR-ing NASA TV replay, right now they are looking at aicraft integrity (Cam looking at critical heat shield/fuselage in orbit).

I cannot remember where I first heard this but there is a 9 min. delay that gives sufficient time for NASA to keep events in space from the public. If anyone remembers the program, radio show, let us know. My neurons have lost the specific data. Someone had intercepted the direct feed from the satellite and was able to experience this. With research found they could inject static and degradation or cut feed at will. We media pros know this is easy with video tools and live broadcast.

Below is an excerpt from a search source I found (linked for more detail) that might explain more. I don't think NASA lets feed out that has "security related" content. This is referencing the tether UFO event Feb. 21, 1996.

External Refrence Thread

If you have heard that NASA has its own TV channel, which was set up to show the 'live feeds' of Shuttle launches and Space walks, as well as anyone interested in watching the development of the International Space Station; hold on for some important facts.
Q: Did you know that NASA began as a 'public space information source' that strangely, one fateful day, became controlled by the Feds and is now considered a branch of the U.S. Government?
Q: Did you further know that these 'live TV feeds' became 'delayed' some years back by at least nine (9) minutes? Did you also know that 9 minutes is enough time to 'edit out' or even 'edit in' some reality/unreality footages? 'Sure you know that.
Q: Did you know that this 'time delay' of a.k.a. 'live feeds' was done after a Discovery mission made a strange 'discovery' when a miles-long tether broke off from the Shuttle while being videotaped by the Astronauts inside of Discovery where there was at least one 'Astronaut space walker,' that was so completely shocking, that this 'time delay' was put into place because there were some *very* smart people here on Earth recording every second/minute/hour/ of each and every launch, and or mission, over the years, which sometimes entailed many days of these missions that equaled boxes and boxes of videotapes (mostly in VHS and Super-VHS format) BEFORE the 'time delay' of the 'live feeds' had been put into place?
Q: Did you know that this 'tether' was likened unto 'an antenna' of sorts, and its loss was a huge blow to NASA--and the tax-payers, of course, costing millions of dollars?
Q: If I informed you that were are seen and hence 'recorded', some 'space ships' that easily measured between 3 to 7 miles wide? Are you still with me here? 'Take in a long, slow breath, and read on . . .
Q: Did you know, if you are an American tax-payer, that you are paying the tab to have this a.k.a. 'live feed' edited and thereby 'delayed' at your own expense, which breaks the 'anti-trust laws' that you should be concerned about, if anything at all?
Q: Is there any way to prove this 'time delay' of a formerly 'live feed,' you may ask?
A: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!

So I would expect any orbital feed would be pasteurized, but launch might not. Several news agencies tape or live broadcast on the clock, so if anything is in vicinity it could be in frame. BTW there are many aircraft in the area for safety, emergency and perimeter control I would expect. Even fast military traffic for airspace around the greater area of the cape and Florida section.

ZG

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I believe someone already mentioned this, but perhaps we should track down Serrada, I believe he records all of these. Anyone have his e-mail?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Great thread starred and flagged

[edit on 11-3-2008 by dangov8]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I was watching the www.digimeld.com...
about 20 minutes ago I had it full screen and they had stopped scanning the heat tiles for a momemt and had the camera pointed toward the rear.
Shuttle was on left and space with Earth was on right.
A blinking light went from right to left across the screen and NASA switched
back to mission control, But I did a screen capture:-(((((
I must have caught the object in mid-blink, when I looked no object at all.
Darn blink. The size of the object was about 1/8 Inch on a full screen shot of the camera mountedon the Canadian Shuttle Arm. The object tracked across the screen stayed the same size and was very clear. Did not increase or decrease in size and only took about 4 seconds before it was obscured by the Shuttle. Do any of our satellites blink? I am really pissed I caught PrtScrn in mid blink,
Anyone else see this? about 10:45PM EDT

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ive been following this all day and think it is very interesting....funny thing is, if you delete the posts about the original post launch video with the helicopter, the thread would probably be 3-5 pages long not 8
...anyway i was watching on history channel a special on UFOs seen during NASA missions and they said that the DOD has an encrypted radio channel with shuttle crew, but do you think the DOD has an encrypted tv channel with the shuttle that continued to monitor the UFO long after the original broadcast switched over to mission control?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Another thing I have heard several times, Mission Control says
"Endeavor How do you like the view?" Endeavor-- "Checking"
"The view is fine" Ok to start the Scan" :-))

The tone of voice is almost mechanical like its a prearraigned scripted
code for "Ok no anomalies we can see." Start the Scan.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthOne

This is what I saw. The big wormy thing. Not the other. The one I saw was way close up and right at the shuttle.

V

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOne
I was also a witness to this moment that cooljayman and others saw. I was sitting in my living room watching the ISS 123 mission coverage, it was early this morning (forgot the exact time), but anyways, i was watching the wonderful view from the shuttle looking down on the earth, then it switched to the view of the space shuttle doors were open and the Canada arm was on the right..... everything was normal, until I saw two bright lights in the middle of the screen and... i said (in my internal dialog) is that a satallite?... then all of a sudden the camera zooms in on the object.. and it looks like a "worm" of some sort that was pulsating and wiggling.. moving at a direction from left to right.. then the camera zooms out and the objects go behind the arm, and Nasa operator.. said something about incountering space debris... but this was no debris... it Look strikingly similar to the U.F.O. that was caught on a Nasa mission not too long ago...
This was my first sighting on Live T.V. and it made me get on here and look to see if anyone else saw it... and sure enough a couple did... thank goodness i wasnt the only one.. I sure hope someone with TIVO got that whole thing on replay.

(Note) The video that i posted is NOT the mission that was shot this morning. It is a totally different sighting, nonetheless, it is same type of U.F.O. that I saw this morning ( when i saw it, I even thought of this video.. it was so similar)

[edit on 11-3-2008 by EarthOne]

Hey, I'm an occasional reader, who comes by to see if anything interesting is happening in the realm of conspiracy theories. I would call myself a conspiracy buff, but I'm frequently underwhelmed by the "evidence", though occasionally happily surprised. (ie: Jack White's analysis of the Zapruder film- fascinating!, and other NASA broadcast footage)

For instance, the video above appears to me to actually be the filmed descent of the earlier detached solid fuel rockets, as they cascade into the atmosphere. The "worm" effect is the result of light diffraction, as it falls through the atmosphere, exacerbated by particulate matter between the object and the lense.

It's an interesting thread, and the other images/frames are perhaps worth a closer look, and I for one would love to see the initial video, especially if there's any closer look at that image.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Eagle1229

Yeah, I hear that a lot... one time they asked the astronaut to move the cross-air one to the left... plus they don't show us enough footage.. and I think they might on purpose pan the camera in, out, away, to obscure some good footage... Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

I cannot remember where I first heard this but there is a 9 min. delay that gives sufficient time for NASA to keep events in space from the public. on.

No doubt there is a delay - I heard it was more like 2 minutes & if anything significant shows up on the screen they just switch another camera view usually the inside the mission control complex in Houston.

During the launch the delay was definitely no more than 30 seconds as they were showing a digital clock on the live feed & I decided to check time synchronization with my satellite, phone & home clocks & found that we were on the same minute after several comparisons.

I suspect they may alter that delay and extend it while in space, then again it only takes a few seconds to switch camera feeds, so they can accomplish a blackout with as little as a 30 second delay.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hey, I'm an occasional reader, who comes by to see if anything interesting is happening in the realm of conspiracy theories. I would call myself a conspiracy buff, but I'm frequently underwhelmed by the "evidence", though occasionally happily surprised. (ie: Jack White's analysis of the Zapruder film- fascinating!, and other NASA broadcast footage)

For instance, the video above appears to me to actually be the filmed descent of the earlier detached solid fuel rockets, as they cascade into the atmosphere. The "worm" effect is the result of light diffraction, as it falls through the atmosphere, exacerbated by particulate matter between the object and the lense.

It's an interesting thread, and the other images/frames are perhaps worth a closer look, and I for one would love to see the initial video, especially if there's any closer look at that image.

Well, thank you for replying to me. I have heard this "bowed oxygen tank twirling at about 120 rpm, rotating on all axis" statement before, and concluded that it could be possible in that footage i posted, but on the other hand, what I saw this morning was closer to the camera, and when the camera zoomed in it looked nothing like a detached tank (but I could be wrong). All i know is right after the astronaut zoomed in.. then out... mission control made a statement about "space debris" and then the feed cut in a suspiciously way... but as said before, after the tether incident, I think Nasa and its affiliates have a delay and or edit footage and are careful not to let the public get anymore leaked footage.

[edit on 3/11/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOne
Well, thank you for replying to me. I have heard this "bowed oxygen tank twirling at about 120 rpm, rotating on all axis" statement before, and concluded that it could be possible in that footage i posted, but on the other hand, what I saw this morning was closer to the camera, and when the camera zoomed in it looked nothing like a detached tank (but I could be wrong). All i know is right after the astronaut zoomed in.. then out... mission control made a statement about "space debris" and then the feed cut in a suspiciously way... but as said before, after the tether incident, I think Nasa and its affiliates have a delay and or edit footage and are careful not to let the public get anymore leaked footage.

I tend to believe you, for the simple reason that once the cargo bay doors are open, the solid fuel rocket boosters would have long since descended far into the atmosphere, not into space. So if you would have seen a worm type structure with the cargo bay doors open, it could not have been the boosters. I'm looking forward to the footage.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastupungen
If the object is flashing then they would have to give a really good explenation for me to buy it as space debris.

Interesting note about the launch. This is the first launch that they are using a strobe light system on the external tank, so they can get better views of the bottom of the shuttle when it is dark out.

If you were watching the live launch you would have noticed that before & during the tank separation the strobes on the tank were flashing which made for some unusually cool video shots of the shuttle as it separated.

So it is possible that the flashing item you saw was the strobe lights on the external tank after it was trailing far behind/below the orbiter.

terarist - while the solid rocket boosters would indeed be long gone the tank stays with the shuttle until engine cutoff.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The wormy thing shown in the video posted by EarthOne

www.youtube.com...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=340826&page=8

is debris, 100%.
The OP says he saw something else. Anyway is a good catch!

What I want to find out is IF the detection of that particular item from the shuttle camera, zooming and panning (we saw in the video) was AFTER the sequence with the strange object the OP says he saw.

So now we have at least 3 people on this thread who saw that worm like structure which is debris IMO 100% and they believe it is the UFO the OP mentioned.
Debris like that can behave like producing small flashes sometimes it is sun or earth light reflection on the edges. So it can be mistaken for a vehicle having onboard flashing lights.

OP. Does this thing resemble like anything you saw?
A more clear description and reposting the actual timestamp this sequence developed would help anyone looking in possible recordings they have made of the STS 123 mission so far.

What we have until now is only a photo resembling what the OP cooljayman saw, posted by free_spirit. Nice!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I expect lots of debris visual identification via the onboard cameras and zooming and panning to occur in this mission.

You people catch my drift?

On the other hand we found just little mention about something unusual from the nasaspaceflight forum and even this could have been about debris similar like the one in the video. This is not good IMO but you never know!

[edit on 11-3-2008 by spacebot]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join