It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Reply to Skyfloating

You are calling jews "the filth"?

Did I say that? NO

It depends on what perspective you look at it from.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yup - was about to comment.
But perhaps you should take this one - my blood is starting to boil at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Reply to budski

That must really sting considering how hostile you are to anyone (including muslims) who holds an opposing view - the constant being wrong.

The Muslims I am around in real don’t find me hostile.

my blood is starting to boil at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

You've shown all through this thread that intolerance, racism and denial of the teachings of the koran are your forte.

I will not dignify your propaganda and anti semitic remarks with any further discussion.

You're on ignore.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I find your statements very revealing. You are doing me a service because Ive always said that radical islam wants to see jews wiped out. But nobody will believe me

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I agree with you on this - dbates experiences of Islam are not my own, and nor are his views, although this is not a criticism.
More in the way of an observation about different perceptions and how they shape our thoughts - especially if dbates has spent time in saudi.

True. My experiences with a lot of Saudi people have shaped my own perception -- I think they're the most arrogant people on Earth. They're even more arrogant to other Muslims than they are to non-Muslims (there's that holier than thou attitude about them). Likewise, my experiences with Iranian people makes me think they're the most hospitable people on Earth -- they won't let you leave their homes unless you've had a good home-cooked meal and a nice warm shower.

To balance it out, my experiences with Filipinos makes me think that there is something wrong with them, something fake about how they treat other people, especially if you're not Christian. But my experiences with British Anglicans have been nothing but polite and cordial. They even invited me to a play at the local Actor's Studio (but I had to decline, since I had a prior engagement on that date).

The striking contrasts in the examples above leads me to believe that it's not the religion that matters, but the cultural background of the individual. How they were brought up, in other words. But it most definitely isn't written in stone. There are exceptions to every case. I've met one (1) nice Saudi Arabian guy who was as hospitable as the Iranians, I've met a small group of messed up Iranians who are as fake as most of the Filipinos I've met, I have a Filipino friend that I consider a brother and I've met one (1) obnoxious Brit who thinks he's the best thing that ever happened on Earth.

Nothing is really black and white, but it can be tough to remain objective sometimes.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
And what should I do to mix in with them? Go to the local pub and have a drink with my neighbours?OR go out Fri/Sat nights?OR have girlfriends?OR have kids out of wed-lock?OR follow my religion only till where it doesn’t get into my ‘social life’?

I find this very telling, and incredibly interesting. I think this disgust with a surfacing immortal culture in many Western countries could well be one of the core reasons for so much anti-Western, pro-Sharia sentiment.

kangjia57 - in many ways I can side with you on this issue. I'm a 24 year old male who hasn't touched alcohol or drugs for 4 years due to a dislike of Britain's binge culture. I also have a girlfiend of 4 years (my 2nd ever) and we are engaged. Yet I'm deeply opposed to religion. Go figure! The point I'm trying to make is that Britain isn't defined by alcoholism/premiscuosity/divorce. This is mostly a modern problem probably caused by frustration and boredom but it certainly doesn't need Islam to fix it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I really wanted to the read to the end of this thread before I posted a reply, but this has angered me too much.

I live in Bradford in the UK, which as many people will know has a large muslim population. I don't think of myself as a racist because putting everyone under the same umbrella because of religion or colour or culture is wrong. Most people I know don't see things that way, the reason for that is because of people with the opinion of kangjia57! I could quote you on numerous occasions and come up with an argument but I would be here all night, so here are a few things.

The problem is they know being a hardcore Muslim is Right. [B]And being liberal and mixing in with non-muslims is wrong.[B] Thats why they dont dare stop me or like minds like me.

Why do you live in a non-muslim country then, if muslims account for 2% of the UK population your saying you have to live your life ignoring the other 98% of the UK?

Exactly that’s why we Muslims don’t have birth control. It increases the Muslim population overall and therefore making Islam reach everywhere and do Dawah work (invite non-muslims) towards Islam.

So basically everyone should be a muslim? Christians don't like Richard Dawkins because he tries to turn people atheist, I'm sure they would respect him if he just stated his opinion on god being un-real. Your basically saying some muslims try to turn people to Islam. People have a free choice to choose, no-one should be recruited to try change their minds.

Well like I said before. The more ‘drastically different’ the reaction the more deadlier the response.I swear the Muslim youth down(espicially black Muslims) here are always waiting for something like that to happen. But the elders hold them back.If they let them go trust me every town will turn into a battle zone.

What reason do you have to want to turn this country into a battle zone? As this news article says the UK government is giving the muslim community things that as far as I'm aware the other 98% of the population wouldn't have asked for. I don't see any oppression.. What your saying stinks of: give us what we want or we will go to war with you.

Its because we don’t take BS.We make sure everything is according to our own way whereever we are.

I really do hope you are speaking for yourself when you say that. I do everything to make my life as comfortable and as enjoyable as I can, but I do it without offending others and breaking laws...

Every day i am sick of my older cousins,uncles getting beaten by chavs every weekend because they got a free ride on taxi and they dont pay up later and start damaging their taxis or start up a fight.And then when us guys repond extremely with a dozen more people than they have problems.Than these same people who work day and night in taxis have to claim benefits etc. because they really start to hating their jobs.

I know a few people who have done that in my area, I think they're pricks for doing it, but their reason is because they dislike asians, and it is because they believe all asians are of your beliefs.

I don't have a problem with anyone of any colour or religion. My problem comes when a minority refuse to accept the British culture and way of life and try to change it to their own, it would be similar to a few thousand christians moving over to a place with Sharia law and start building churches and following christian law while ignoring the sharia and the laws of the land, people would be pissed.

I would continue but I'm going out, may post something later.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by cleggy88]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

This is one of the reasons why I like the net - no judgement based on colour, nationality or religion (apart from the odd one or two)

I suppose I've been lucky in that I always saw the person first - and last come to that.

Maybe this is why I have friends from many different country's and cultures.

The only thing they really have in common is tolerance, but even if this were not the case, I always try to stop and remember one thing - "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes" - although I don't ALWAYS remember

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow 5 warnings!

Be careful man! Your gonna be banned if your not careful.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Sorry to say, but it looks like that's his intention.
First the anti-semite reference then attacking a mod and don't forget the sig line - hardly conducive to remaining in good standing.

I'm also sorry to say that he'll probably use this to say that the site is anti-muslim, when this isn't the case.
The site is neutral.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Sorry to say, but it looks like that's his intention.
First the anti-semite reference then attacking a mod and don't forget the sig line - hardly conducive to remaining in good standing.

LOL I didn't notice the sig.
It seems he wants to get his own way, if they block out what he said, he puts it in his sig lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'm also sorry to say that he'll probably use this to say that the site is anti-muslim, when this isn't the case.

He could but I just checked the logs, beachcoma has been applauded 3 times..... TODAY.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Wasn't talking about beachcoma intrepid - he's a good guy or girl

I was speaking of the guy with the sig and the 5 warns.

oops, looks like I was right - he's gone.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm sure that intrepid was trying to say that the fact that beachcoma got 3 applauds today would make any claims of this site being anti-muslim false.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I know, he could claim ATS to be anti-Muslim but he'd be wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

sorry, my mistake lol

I didn't know before yesterday that beachcoma was a muslim - not that it would have made any difference.

Well he's worthy of applause - great member.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Aww, shucks. You're all making me blush.. Thanks, guys

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Hey, if the cap fits........

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join