It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

What happened was that britain agreed to end imperialism and supported splitting INDIA into 2 countries - pakistan didn't exist as a separate state until then.

The Partition of India led to the creation on August 14, 1947 and August 15, 1947, respectively, of two sovereign states, upon the granting of independence to British India by the United Kingdom: the Dominion of Pakistan (later Islamic Republic of Pakistan); and the Union of India (later Republic of India). 'Partition' here refers also to the division of the Bengal province of British India into the Pakistani state of East Bengal (later East Pakistan, now Bangladesh) and the Indian state of West Bengal, as well as the similar partition of the Punjab region of British India into the Punjab province of West Pakistan and the Indian state of Punjab, in addition to the division of the British Indian Army, the Indian Civil Service and other administrative services, the railways, and the central treasury, and other assets.

The secession of Bangladesh from Pakistan in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War is not covered by the term Partition of India, nor are the earlier separations of Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and Burma (Myanmar) from the administration of British India. Ceylon, part of the Madras Presidency of British India from 1795 until 1798, became a separate Crown Colony in 1798. Burma, gradually annexed by the British during 1826 – 86 and governed as a part of the British Indian administration until 1937, was directly administered thereafter. [1] Burma was granted independence on January 4, 1948 and Ceylon on February 4, 1948. (See History of Sri Lanka and History of Burma.)

The remaining countries of present-day South Asia include: Nepal; Bhutan; and the Maldives. The first two, Nepal and Bhutan, having signed treaties with the British designating them as independent states, were never a part of British India, and therefore their borders were not affected by the partition. The Maldives, which became a protectorate of the British crown in 1887 and gained its independence in 1965,

source
This happened with existing colonies all around the world.

What you are failing to mention is that a handfull of british forces held the vast part of the sub-continent for nearley 300 years.

Bah - get your history right, the british unified india and allowed pakistan to come into existence.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No-ones scared of you or your rantings.
How facetious and egotistical.
Your lack of independant reasoning clearly shows you up as the brainwashed bigot you openly and freely admit to being.

You have not won one arguement at all that I have noticed, people just give up on you because all you spout is dogma and rhetoric and are clearly incapable of thinking for yourself.

You glorify in the suffering of others; your posting of terrorist acts on another thread was repulsive and shows that you will go to any length to spread your vile brainwashed preachings.

I once thought that it was possible to engage in respecful and meaningful debate with you, apparently not when you admit that you deliberately attempt to rile and provoke people.
Quite a shame really.

As for Basra.
We were attempting to do a job with both hands tied behind our back.
We should either be allowed to do the job or we should leave the country as a whole.
How quickly it would then descend into barbaric slaughtering and warfare between Sunni and Sh'ite's.
From a humanitarian aspect we can not do that.

Just look at HISTORY, and you will see how good we British are at fighting.
I suspect that you won't be the first one trying to see how far you can push us in reality.
Very easy from behind a keyboard and monitor.
I suspect kangjia's cojones ain't that big in real life.

Mods. I apologise for the rant but it's hard not to when a member freely admits to provoking other members.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reply to buski

Bah - get your history right, the british unified india and allowed pakistan to come into existence.

Yes but what led the British to leave? Continuous revolts against them was the major part which eventually led the British to leave.

But thanks to british aswel that with their help the Muslims managed to form their own independant state and today its nuclear power.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Reply to Freeborn

We were attempting to do a job with both hands tied behind our back.

Yeh you were also kicked out with a good kick in the back.

Just look at HISTORY, and you will see how good we British are at fighting.

Yes that was history and will remain as ‘history’. At the moment you can’t even control your own country.

I suspect that you won't be the first one trying to see how far you can push us in reality.

That’s what I am tryna say.You also claim to rant about British this British that.And today you are crying over your own taxes being given to others. Don’t tell me what British is,I can see what it is.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Niggling, I know, but didn't Britain divide India with hte creation of Pakistan, and thus end up formulating the current border disputes between Pakistan and India, whereas most of India's leadership wanted a solid unified subcontinent? It was very much a ploy to prevent either Pakistan or India from becoming a "real player" after the empire's breakup.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So Kangji....

Why the militancy? We never really got to this properly last night did we?

You were born in the same country as me. I have no argument with you living life as you see fit as long as you don't shove it down my throat, or break any laws. I expect that 99% of the people in the UK see things exactly that way, so whats the problem, exactly? It strikes me that you seem to feel you need special treatment - why?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think this thread should be closed soon if it carries on like this.

I don't know what it's about anymore.

As a muslim I've had enough of kangjia57 hatred filled posts, if you don't want to mix with non-muslims then get out of this country! It is un-islamic to act like that, there is nothing wrong with mixing in and making friends with non-muslims.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Reply to neformore

Why the militancy? We never really got to this properly last night did we?

Just showing some facts of how brave the British were and are.

You were born in the same country as me. I have no argument with you living life as you see fit as long as you don't shove it down my throat, or break any laws.

Have I shoved it down your throat or broke any laws? Come back to me when I done either of them. I follow all the laws and I don’t even have one black mark being involved in any type of criminal/terrorist activites.

You make the laws and than moan about it. Not me.

I expect that 99% of the people in the UK see things exactly that way, so whats the problem, exactly?

You are the one that has the problem not me.

It strikes me that you seem to feel you need special treatment - why?

Did I say I need s special treatment? You give ‘special treatments’ and than later think why were these ‘special treatments’ given. Next time tell Gordon Brown to think first than Act. Or better join forces with BNP.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I think this thread should be closed soon if it carries on like this.

I don't know what it's about anymore.

Well I think the subjects evolved a bit since the OP because of some interesting responses and follow up comments.

Its certainly got my attention

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It's a nuclear power because they were illegally sold the technology, which was provided by state officials to turkey who then sold it at profit to interested nations.

Don't try to imply that pakistan developed the technology themselves.

Tell me something - are you going out and burning effigies of the members you accuse of being anti-muslim in between posts?
Is that what has you wired?

I'm sorry to say that your version of what Islam stands for is an affront to tolerant and right thinking people of ALL religions.

It may be time for you to desist and have a proper think about what you are saying.

If that's possible.

I'm done with this hate filled rhetoric.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Just showing some facts of how brave the British were and are.

Which is militancy on your part, is it not? Why do you feel the need to do that?

Have I shoved it down your throat or broke any laws? Come back to me when I done either of them. I follow all the laws and I don’t even have one black mark being involved in any type of criminal/terrorist activites.

You made a statement about riots, which came totally out of the blue and not in context with the conversation, which is kind of making a rather bold and confrontational statement to anyone who lives in Britain. I'd say that line alone could be defined as "shoving your views down our throat", but you are also at pains - so it seems - to try and do your fellow countrymen down and suggest that, because of your religion, you shouldn't mix with them.

As for the other part of your paragraph, no one has suggested you have. the response itself is interesting though.

You are the one that has the problem not me.

If asking questions to seek answers and expand my knowledge is "having a problem" then yes, I do.

Did I say I need s special treatment? You give ‘special treatments’ and than later think why were these ‘special treatments’ given. Next time tell Gordon Brown to think first than Act. Or better join forces with BNP.

So what were you referring to in your text where you told us that there would be riots if "you" didn't get "your way"? Why would you do that?

As for the BNP, you'd be better off reading alot of my posts than throwing that one out. You might just be suprised in what you find there insofar as my views towards them. Quite what they have to do with what I've asked is beyond me, because to me, your race is not an issue, and neither is your religion.

Your responses and your ideas are, which is why I'm asking.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Reply to budski

It's a nuclear power because they were illegally sold the technology, which was provided by state officials to turkey who then sold it at profit to interested nations.

Dr A.Q Khan developed it.

Not only did he take his nuclear knowledge/secrets to Pakistan from Netherlands but he also manage to pass on some info to N.Korea,Iran and Libya.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes that was history and will remain as ‘history’. At the moment you can’t even control your own country.

We are an obedient nation - even when a corrupt undemocratic goverment is in charge. But like I said in a previous post to you, there is a line. We Brits are polite and law-abiding unless severely provoked. The British goverment is in serious danger of carrying us all across that line, and when they do all hell will break loose. It would be a shame if this were to happen - community relations would break down and unfortunately, Muslims would find themselves marginalised. History repeats itself. Britain has rioted before and sadly, will riot again. Britain belongs to the British, and I'm sorry to tell you - it will never belong to Islam. Please lay your aspirations to rest.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

one Law, the Proper Sharia Law.

"I triple guarantee you" that you're a male. How do I know? Why if you were a female you wouldn't be singing the praises fof Sharia law. I don't think you have any idea what you're advocating. Basically it's a system of laws that keep women on a leash like dogs. You can sit there in England and talk about how great it would be, but try living under it. I did for several months. My first clue that things were bad for women was the briefing that stated no women could drive or even sit in the front seat of a car.

I'm sure things have gotten better since the 1990s right? Surely by now the Muslims have crawled out of the dark ages and moved on past 400 AD. Let me check....Nope! They still have women on a leash.

Driving ban stays for Saudi women

Saudi Arabia's interior minister has dismissed growing pressure to allow women to drive.

The kingdom imposes severe restrictions on women, including barring them from voting or going out in public unaccompanied by a male relative.

They forgot to mention that women can't show their face in public, use the front door at a resturaunt, or eat with the men in public. It's a fantastic system that keeps women on step lower than a goat. I saw goats in the front seat of a car numerous times so I assume that goats have more rights than women under Sharia Law.

Yes, let's make it easier financially for these Muslim men to enslave more women. We wouldn't want them to have any financial burdern by taking on new slaves. If it's legal to have slaves in their country, that's fine by the Queen as well. Who said Abraham Lincoln abolished slavery? It still goes on today. Of course only if you're a woman and a Muslim. You see Islam means submission and that about sums up the role of women in Islam.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

one Law, the Proper Sharia Law.

"I triple guarantee you" that you're a male. How do I know? Why if you were a female you wouldn't be singing the praises fof Sharia law.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by dbates]

I triple guarantee you that you wont find these kind of rules in the quran, The Quran tells us about equality, I don't know how all this sharia law started, from what I can see all these crazy rules have come from the hadiths.

Isnt that odd? why do they follow the hadiths which were written 200 years after mohammed's death, some written by someone who seems to hate women and dogs, the God of the hadiths sounds like a totally different God that the Quran shows.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Reply to neformore

Which is militancy on your part, is it not? Why do you feel the need to do that?

What should I do than? Say yes we all Muslims are wrong and you all non-muslims are right? If we get oppressed than should we sit down getting oppressed and eventually die?

You made a statement about riots, which came totally out of the blue and not in context with the conversation, which is kind of making a rather bold and confrontational statement to anyone who lives in Britain. I'd say that line alone could be defined as "shoving your views down our throat", but you are also at pains - so it seems - to try and do your fellow countrymen down and suggest that, because of your religion, you shouldn't mix with them.

I said if anything gets done against us than we will reply as harsh.In Islam you can defend yourself.

And what should I do to mix in with them? Go to the local pub and have a drink with my neighbours?OR go out Fri/Sat nights?OR have girlfriends?OR have kids out of wed-lock?OR follow my religion only till where it doesn’t get into my ‘social life’?
Its simple we have nothing in common so ‘mixing in’ is impossible. I do talk to people generally and that’s about it. Nothing else.

As for the other part of your paragraph, no one has suggested you have. the response itself is interesting though.

Yeh the point was that I didn’t brake or broke any laws.I follow them like how other British citizens do.Nothing Extra!

So what were you referring to in your text where you told us that there would be riots if "you" didn't get "your way"? Why would you do that?

I said if our basic rights get taken away, And if we are being discriminated at large scale.
Those French riots didn’t take place because the youths felt like having ‘fun’. Research into it and you will understand why it happened.

Your responses and your ideas are, which is why I'm asking.

Depends on perspective you look at it from. I don’t look at things the way you do.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I am going to agree with you, 10 pages that has been more around one particular member radical postings than anything else.

Don't get me wrong the outstanding posters here already has beaten the issue into a pulp with very great post.

But is starting to concentrate around this particular person.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Incidentally, Sharia was also first codified 200 years after the Quran and Muhammad. And then more was added until you have a hodge-podge of weird and conflicting laws that you see today.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
you wont find these kind of rules in the quran, The Quran tells us about equality

Go to the home of Islam. Visit Mecca or Medina (sssh! Christians aren't supposed to visit there) and you'll see that this is Islam. Everyone there practices this as if it were the words of Mohammed. Have you been there too? How can you say any different? What you're seeing is the beginning of the end if Muslims were in control of England, it would be just as it is in Saudi Arabia. They're just laying low for now but we do get to see some of it peek out. This new law is just a glimmer of what is to come.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Saudi Arabia is not representative of Muslims or Islam for that matter. Saudi Arabia practices an extreme form called Wahhabism.

You ought to read the History of Saudi Arabia and deny some ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join