It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Reply to dbates

I have noticed that you love your women alot!
Well I really can’t be bothered to write paragraphs explaining that now.

Please just go here and you will get all your answers.

www.islamfortoday.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Well, there's the problem - you ain't gettin any.

Sexual tension released as hate filled bile and a profound misunderstanding of how your religion works and what it means.

Ah well, maybe when you get your many wives you'll feel better.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Saudi Arabia is not representative of Muslims or Islam for that matter.

Yeah, I guess it's just the home of Islam. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Originally posted by kangjia57
Reply to dbates

I have noticed that you love your women alot!

Never let it be said that a Texan (Yee haaa! and all that) or any real man from the South, doesn't know how to treat a lady with respect.

They're only half of humanity. Shouldn't they be respected as well?

[edit on 5-2-2008 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Saudi Arabia is not representative of Muslims or Islam for that matter.

It's the birthplace of Islam, but the current people occupying it are practising an intolerant version of it.

You don't have to be so snide in your remarks

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The home of Islam lies in the Quran.

And in the mind of individuals. It's not a place.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Do you consider the legalities of britain above the Laws of God?

Nationality is a farce of the warring states global economy.

Sri Oracle

Yes, as I believe there is no God.

Or are you now going to force me to accept that there is?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Sexual tension released as hate filled bile

I'd laugh but it's very true. Allowing Muslim men to have more than one wife only compounds the problem ensuring that there are not enough women to go around.

Think about it. Women are kept shut up, unseen and unheard. Young men, with strong sexual urges are segregated from women. These guys are probably near exploding to begin with. Then to top it all off, they promise them 72 virgins if they blow themselves up. Great scott! If that's not a conspiracy, I don't know what is.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I've already mentioned my saudi friend, and I have asked her about this on numerous occasions.

It seems she is quite content to live under the law as it stands and is supportive of it and happy with it too.
That said, she comes from a wealthy family, so maybe that makes things a bit different than the norm.

edit to include post above:
Yes, I don't think it helps matters - and those looking forward to 72 virgins are going to be very disappointed - another myth.

That said, I know of very few women in britain kept locked up.
Most of the muslims I have known have come from what extremists would call "westernised" families - although they refute this.
They simply see that some of the rules enforced in other countries in the name of their religion may be a bit harsh.
When we went out on works parties (about half of our workforce was muslim) they always came along - they just didn't drink and would dress more modestly than the british, men as well as women.
Had a great time as well.

Indian parents are just as strict, if not more so although for different reasons.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's the birthplace of Islam, but the current people occupying it are practising an intolerant version of it.

Ha! Go ask the people living in Mecca and they'll say that their version is the only correct version. I tend to believe them since they occupy the most sacred places of Islam. To them your version is polluted by Satan.

They're all allowed to have multiple wives legally in Saudi Arabia. This is much closer to what the Quaran states than what is practiced in England.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Do you call chavs ‘warriors’?

I wouldn't like to see chav's with an excuse to go after Muslims.....

Warriors that chickened out of Basra because the shia millitants were too heavy on them?
Or when the British made a deal to release all the millitants for stopping of mortar attacks?
British surrenderd and gave the bases to Muqtada al Sadr (leader of the Shia millitants).

Seeing as we weren't there to conquer, there was little point fighting to hold ground. We're letting the Iraqi's sort it out, it's called diplomacy.

Anyone who starts a Islam bashing thread also knows he will have to face me.

A fearsome prospect indeed.
.. I'm stumason by the way, I'm sure we'll get to know each other well

Yeh I wonder what happened to the British in 1947 when they were in India and Pakistan.

Not a fan of history then? The only reason India and Pakistan got independence in `47 is because we promised it in return for fighting in WW2.

Without WW2, the Empire would still very much be around. You should thank the Germans, who started the war and the Yanks for bankrolling the Nazi's so they could bankrupt the Empire fighting the war and force us to abandon our colonies. It had naff all to do with being scared of the natives, as we already went in there once before and conquered the lot.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ha! Go ask the people living in Mecca and they'll say that their version is the only correct version. I tend to believe them since they occupy the most sacred places of Islam.

As you wish, but something tells me you tend to believe what suits your own preconceived notions. I've read your other comments elsewhere on the boards when it comes to Islam. There is a distinct pattern to it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Reply to stumason

I wouldn't like to see chav's with an excuse to go after Muslims.....

Even if they did have an excuse to go after the Muslims.The Muslims would pull their socks up till their heads and shuv Shox trainers down their throats. In it!

Seeing as we weren't there to conquer, there was little point fighting to hold ground. We're letting the Iraqi's sort it out, it's called diplomacy.

Yeh by letting the militia take over the British bases and making deals with them.
Good decision though.
Before Muqtada ordered Iranian IEDs.

The only reason India and Pakistan got independence in `47 is because we promised it in return for fighting in WW2.

No that wasn’t the reason. The British couldn’t handle the constant revolts against them which was getting very fierce.

Without WW2, the Empire would still very much be around. You should thank the Germans, who started the war and the Yanks for bankrolling the Nazi's so they could bankrupt the Empire fighting the war and force us to abandon our colonies. It had naff all to do with being scared of the natives, as we already went in there once before and conquered the lot.

No I don’t thank the Germans! Its because of them the filth was transferred to ME which is really annoying everyone around it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'd laugh but it's very true. Allowing Muslim men to have more than one wife only compounds the problem ensuring that there are not enough women to go around.

Think about it. Women are kept shut up, unseen and unheard. Young men, with strong sexual urges are segregated from women. These guys are probably near exploding to begin with. Then to top it all off, they promise them 72 virgins if they blow themselves up. Great scott! If that's not a conspiracy, I don't know what is.

I worry a bit about your posts here. I sense a bit of hidden hatred.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I agree with you on this - dbates experiences of Islam are not my own, and nor are his views, although this is not a criticism.
More in the way of an observation about different perceptions and how they shape our thoughts - especially if dbates has spent time in saudi.

And lets face it, as militant and intolerant as kangija is, he's perfectly entitled to his view, or his teachers view.
I suspect that he gets these views from one of the more militant mosques.

Hey Kangija - been to finsbury park lately?
cap'n ahab isn't there anymore you know.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

No I don’t thank the Germans! Its because of them the filth was transferred to ME which is really annoying everyone around it.

What do you mean by this?

What are you trying to say?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Reply to budski

And lets face it, as militant and intolerant as kangija is, he's perfectly entitled to his view, or his teachers view.

What I find funny is that you think you know what Islam is More than 1.5bil Muslims do.

I am a Sunni.So no I didn’t go to finsbury park. And we are against the ‘cap'n’ you were on about.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Reply to _Phoenix_

What do you mean by this?

I am not gona comment further.You should understand..

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I thought I'd dig this article out as it may have some relevance:

Why are young British Muslims more radical than their parents?

Young British Muslims are far more likely to hold radical, anti-Western views than their parents or grandparents, a new survey has claimed.

The study found that 40 per cent of Muslims between the ages of 16 and 24 would prefer to live in Britain under sharia law, a legal system based on the teachings of the Koran, compared to just 17 per cent among over-55s.

Why do you think young British Muslims are more prone to fundamentalism than previous generations? Are multicultural policies to blame? Has too much emphasis been placed on minority rights and not enough on integration?

Or is the explanation more straightforward: Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan has provoked the increased hostility towards the West and its values?

Is the situation in Britain unique? Or does it reflect increasing polarisation between Muslim communities and the West as a whole?

Are these young people likely to mellow as they grow older or will they grow still more radical?

source

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I didn't say I knew more - but your views are quite clearly in opposition to those of most muslims, particularly here on ATS and in saudi.

You have a very narrow view and time after time your arguments have been completely shot down by this person who "knows nothing"

That must really sting considering how hostile you are to anyone (including muslims) who holds an opposing view - the constant being wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You are calling jews "the filth"?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join