It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X Is Coming Are You Ready?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Good on you jfj123 for a voice of sanity and logic...and patience with the arrogant who prefer to remain ignorant.
If youre ever in Sydney come have a beer on me!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aussiespeeder
reply to post by jfj123

Good on you jfj123 for a voice of sanity and logic...and patience with the arrogant who prefer to remain ignorant.

Thanks !! I read your last post and was going to post the same for you. Thanks for posting all the great info to bring some science and logic to the discussion.

GOOD JOB

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There have been claims that planet x, was actually found in 1983 using the IRAS satellite.
The reality is as follows:

IRAS was designed to look in the far-infrared, well past what our eyes see. At the time, no one was really sure what it would find. To everyone's surprise, several bright point sources were found that did not correspond to anything seen on optical images taken of the same areas. In the press conference, the two scientists said that these objects could be almost anything, from a tenth planet in our solar system to distant galaxies.

This is where planet x proponents chose to ignore the rest of the statements and focus on "a tenth planet".

Later on, deeper images were taken of the same area, the objects turned out to be a combination of dense gas clouds in our Galaxy and very distant Ultra-luminous Infrared Galaxies.

All this information is available with the Astrophysical Journal

So IRAS did not see Planet X. extra DIV

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

**THIS ABOVE LINKI-S THE CORRECT LINK**I POSTED THE WRONG ONE,4GIVEME!

I was Just Distracted for a moment + I apologize. I hope you all will accept this apology +watch THIS Vid.
Thanks a Bunch!*Shelly

***OLD POST WrongLINK***
I Strongly Advise you ALL, to watch this 9-minute Video.Skeptic tell me this please;
If there is NO Nirubu "Planet X", What Is That Celestial Body that many,
(One in Video "discovered Nirubu"), Astronomers have seen, and are studying?
Why, does The Various Governments(Ours more than Any), Hide, in
Saudi-Arabia, a 36-Foot "GIANT-Skeleton", Using Saudi-Military to Keep People AWAY from the Entire AREA?
Watch this please & tell me, (i hope you can), Why This does make sense
to so many, with some Respected Professionals, who DO NOT
Allow what is (perhaps even one of the "wonders of This World")
A HUGELY Important Find; To Be PUT in The "Smithsonian, or Allow The People To KNOW"?
Let me know you opinion of both:The REASON It Is Kept in Secret ,with Many More GIANTs-Remains, found in The US as well as many parts of the world, The OLD&NewTestament(+other Histoical ocuments,ect),do mention
mant GIANTs. the other question;
If there IS a 2012 Nirubu-planet going to pass Earth + cause a "pole-Shift"(as there IS a "pole-shift, mentioned in Revelations,New Tesament)
Do You Think The Government Would Let Us,"We The People", *KNOW of The Impending EVENT/s?? I hope you reply, And I send
A "Happy New Year Wish+Greeting To You & All Others Here At *ATS*!!!
*Shelly
LibBLVRdoc

[edit on 27-12-2007 by LibBLVRdoc]

[edit on 27-12-2007 by LibBLVRdoc]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Who is 'arrogant' here? The definition of arrogance is asserting your view of reality without allowing or even acknowledging the presence of differing opinion.

It is a THEORY that causes YOUR arrogance and others to wave your arms about and comically decry it as all make believe. I can't say you've had any success dismantling this theory with hee-ing and haw-ing about Sitchin (who has little to do with historical record of a 10th planet) - it leads me to question you might be the one who is ignorant.

Astronomers do not agree that pluto is the last planet in the solar system, historians do not agree that the legends of the Great Flood were lies or make believe, nor do they agree on whether or not a large planet DID visit civilizations in the past, so the theory has not been disproven or proven either way.

I am perfectly willing to accept that people are so arrogant that they would decide for themselves what all of astronomy and all of history have to show. I am not willing to accept their version of the truth because they looked up a ridiculously coded 'debunk' webpage.

Nobody here has disproven the existence of another planetary object in the solar system. Nobody here can prove that astronomers are not still looking for (and may have found) such an object. Nobody here has done anything but assert claims on Sitchin etc. and it bores me at this point.

Cya.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

So IRAS did not see Planet X.

What does that say about NASA's current involvement in deep antarctic observation? This is happening right now, conveniently enough, in the years 2000-2012. I suppose because they didn't find the object in the 1980's that it doesn't exist!

Except the 1980's is a time frame irrelevant to the Planet X theory altogether...

As I said before, not a single skeptic in here has done anything to rule out a 10th Planet. They haven't disproven a single thing. Yet I look at the ACTUAL THEORY from the ACTUAL EXPERTS and guess what they have done? They have provided substance... historical records etc. The skeptics are in a deep state of assumption and denial , which in combination, makes it impossible to even appeal for a reasonable discussion on this matter.

You are convinced that Planet X doesn't exist because people have been mistaken, because Sitchin is a 'science fiction' writer etc. yet you continue to deny the current existence and observations of a 10th planet.

As with most topics, the skeptics have decided for themselves what historic and scientific study has to say, and the topic is now a stone-wall to any progress.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Alright then, you did come up with some pictures, that I can not explain. I have read a fair quantity about planet x niburu, and I really think it is a possibility. There is a large NASA installation in Antarctica.

Righto. That's all you have to do, look at the substance, and decide for yourself.

Thank you for not play-acting like the pseudo-skeptic 'I don't want to research anything' role

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
reply to post by jfj123

It is a THEORY that causes YOUR arrogance and others to wave your arms about and comically decry it as all make believe. I can't say you've had any success dismantling this theory with hee-ing and haw-ing about Sitchin (who has little to do with historical record of a 10th planet) - it leads me to question you might be the one who is ignorant.

Of course the IDEA (not a theory) has been dismantled. There is no tangible evidence to support it.
There is no historical record supporting a 10th planet.

Astronomers do not agree that pluto is the last planet in the solar system, historians do not agree that the legends of the Great Flood were lies or make believe, nor do they agree on whether or not a large planet DID visit civilizations in the past, so the theory has not been disproven or proven either way.

Actually historians do agree there was no worldwide flood. There is ZERO evidence to show there was a worldwide flood. If there was a worldwide flood, there would be geologic evidence proving it and there is none. Not sure how much clearer I can make this.

I am perfectly willing to accept that people are so arrogant that they would decide for themselves what all of astronomy and all of history have to show. I am not willing to accept their version of the truth because they looked up a ridiculously coded 'debunk' webpage.

And here lies the problem. There is only one version of the truth and therefore everything else must be false. Either the planet exists or it does not. There currently is no evidence to support it does.

Nobody here has disproven the existence of another planetary object in the solar system.

There may indeed be another planet or dwarf planet sized object in a stable orbit somewhere in our solar system. There is no planet x orbiting a brown dwarf heading toward us though.

Nobody here can prove that astronomers are not still looking for (and may have found) such an object.

And nobody here can prove astronomers ARE looking for and have found such an object. Once again, this is logic that does not belong in science.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by jfj123]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by jfj123

So IRAS did not see Planet X.

What does that say about NASA's current involvement in deep antarctic observation? This is happening right now, conveniently enough, in the years 2000-2012. I suppose because they didn't find the object in the 1980's that it doesn't exist!

This is no super secret installation. There are very easily understood reasons they picked their location for the observatory. They're doing the same thing today as they were doing when it opened.

Except the 1980's is a time frame irrelevant to the Planet X theory altogether...

OK so anyone claiming to find planet x in the 1980's is wrong but if they say they found it at another time, they're right? HUH?????

As I said before, not a single skeptic in here has done anything to rule out a 10th Planet.

You mean except posting evidence???

They haven't disproven a single thing.

Of course they have. Refusing to believe reality does not change reality only ones perception of it.

Yet I look at the ACTUAL THEORY from the ACTUAL EXPERTS and guess what they have done?

This is not a theory. Let me explain why.
Scientific Theory is as follows:

It's a well-substantiated, well-supported, well-documented explanation for our observations. It ties together all the facts about something, providing an explanation that fits all the observations and can be used to make predictions. In science, theory is the ultimate goal, the explanation. It's as close to proven as anything in science can be.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And of course nobody has been able to document, support, etc.. the idea of planet x except post a few easily debunked videos.

They have provided substance... historical records etc.

Please post these historical records.

The skeptics are in a deep state of assumption and denial , which in combination, makes it impossible to even appeal for a reasonable discussion on this matter.

Personally all I require is tangible evidence. I just haven't seen any yet.

You are convinced that Planet X doesn't exist

I have seen no evidence to support the existence of planet x.

because people have been mistaken, because Sitchin is a 'science fiction' writer etc. yet you continue to deny the current existence and observations of a 10th planet.

Please post these current observations.

As with most topics, the skeptics have decided for themselves what historic and scientific study has to say, and the topic is now a stone-wall to any progress.

Nobody has posted any historical records or specific up to date scientific studies that support the planet x which orbits with a brown dwarf.

You have posted information that has been incorrect in the past such as claiming dwarf planet Eris was planet x. I simply looked into it a bit and found it does not orbit a brown dwarf and it's orbit does not match the 3600 year orbit of planet x. So when you say that I refuse to believe planet x exists, this is simply not true. I believe it does not exist not because of any preconception but based on presented evidence.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibBLVRdoc
www.youtube.com...

I Strongly Advise you ALL, to watch this 9-minute Video.Skeptic tell me this please;

As requested, I watched the video. Here is what I found:
The video is nothing more then the DEBUNKED "Alien Autopsy" video with various frames spliced in and a casio keyboard audio background. I'm not sure what this is supposed to show other then what a 101 video editing class can help someone accomplish.
The video presents no evidence regarding planet x or even legitimate evidence about aliens.

If there is NO Nirubu "Planet X", What Is That Celestial Body that many,
(One in Video "discovered Nirubu"), Astronomers have seen, and are studying?

Please post evidence of this.

Why, does The Various Governments(Ours more than Any), Hide, in
Saudi-Arabia, a 36-Foot "GIANT-Skeleton", Using Saudi-Military to Keep People AWAY from the Entire AREA?

Please provide evidence of this.

Let me know you opinion of both:The REASON It Is Kept in Secret ,with Many More GIANTs-Remains, found in The US as well as many parts of the world, The OLD&NewTestament(+other Histoical ocuments,ect),do mention

Please provide evidence of this.
Also, the new and old testaments are not considered historical documents.

If there IS a 2012 Nirubu-planet going to pass Earth + cause a "pole-Shift"(as there IS a "pole-shift, mentioned in Revelations,New Tesament)

This will be the 3rd time I have posted pole shifting info. If you can debunk my info, please do so, if you can't you must accept it as fact.

Recent work by scientists and geologists Adam Maloof of Princeton University and Galen Halverson of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, indicates that Earth indeed rebalanced itself around 800 million years ago during the Precambrian time period. They tested this idea by studying magnetic minerals in sedimentary rocks in a Norwegian archipelago. Using these minerals, Maloof and Halverson found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees — about the current distance between Alaska and the equator — in less than 20 million years. This reasoning is supported by a record of changes in sea level and ocean chemistry in the Norwegian sediments that could be explained by true polar wander, the team reports in the September–October 2006 issue of the Geological Society of America Bulletin.
Research using GPS, conducted by Geoffrey Blewitt of the University of Nevada, has shown that normal seasonal changes in the distribution of ice and water cause minor movements of the poles.

source wikipedia

Do You Think The Government Would Let Us,"We The People", *KNOW of The Impending EVENT/s??

The question is irrelevant as there is no evidence of planet x.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
THIS LINK BELOW,is THE "PROPER LINK"! Much Apologies For My Error!

LINK> www.youtube.com...

OH MY! PLEASE,
FORGIVE MY MISTAKE!>THIS IS THE PROPER LINK I MEANT TO POST<
I Hope You Will Accept My Apologies.
Thank-You, Shelly

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LibBLVRdoc

Here is what I found with regard to this video:

At one point the text in the video reads:
"Then the lord said: My spirit shall not remain in man forever, since he is but flesh. His days shall comprise 120 years".

Well we know the 120 year thing is a bust as man has been around a lot longer then that.

In the video, there are random pictures including a stalagmite formation in a cave, statues of easter island, people walking on a path in the woods, a drawing of what I guess is supposed to be noah's ark, etc... none of which prove or indicate anything. Not sure why the photos are in the video in the first place??

Next we see giant skeletons. Here is some info about them:

According to the creator this image was lifted from Worth1000, a Web site that hosts contests for digital artists. Created by an artist using the alias IronKite, the picture placed third in a 2002 competition that was titled "Archaeological Anomalies 2," which asked contestants to “create a hoax archaeological discovery.”
IronKite created the image in less than an hour and a half out of the remains of a mastadon. "I laugh myself silly when some guy claims to know someone who was there, or even goes so far as to claim that he or she was there when they found the skeleton and took the picture," IronKite said. "Sometimes people seem so desperate to believe in something that they lie to themselves, or exaggerate in order to make their own argument stronger." David Mikkelson of Snopes.com said such hoaxes succeed when they seem to confirm something people are already inclined to believe, such as a prejudice, political viewpoint, or religious belief.

What does this video have to do with planet x?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here is a link to National Geographic which has an article about the hoax pictures of the giant skeletons

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Here is a 2nd site with additional details and photos

www.hoax-slayer.com...

[edit on 27-12-2007 by jfj123]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ahem, as I said earlier

your decision is clear. Many don't want to look up the information, they want other people to present it so they can chew it up and say it 'tastes like fake'. Well I'm not the chef, my friends. I'm just a proponent of the restaurant.

In other words, do your own damn research and come to the same conclusion that it's all fake. Don't ask me to hold your hand and take you through the exact same process.
Youtube videos will not be worth your time, so why get hung up on them?

Why can't people stick to their convictions? If they think something is fake... it's fake... why sit there and continue to ask for evidence instead of researching? *shrug* You think it's fake, you want to think it's fake, and asking for more proof when it's readily available is like asking for me to put food in your mouth. Feed yourself.
I'm done with this.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Did somebody prove that there is no 10th planet?

Did somebody prove there was?

I must have missed that. All I see is empty debasement of already mistaken ideas.

I never knew real evidence was called debasement??? hmmm...
And mistaken ideas? Well please post evidence to prove ideas are mistaken. Simply saying something is wrong with absolutely no evidence, is not a sufficient argument anywhere.

In other words, picking apart facts that have not been represented to begin with. That's not called evidence, it's called showing me one thing for another. Showing me mistaken accounts of planets for the existence of an actual planet etc. No thanks.

Then go ahead and prove planet x exists with real, tangible evidence. If you can't then you must agree everything about planet x is just opinion based on a belief only and has no scientific merit.

So once again, as opposed to telling me I'm wrong, show me I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

In other words, do your own damn research and come to the same conclusion that it's all fake. Don't ask me to hold your hand and take you through the exact same process. Youtube videos will not be worth your time, so why get hung up on them?

Why can't people stick to their convictions? If they think something is fake... it's fake... why sit there and continue to ask for evidence instead of researching? *shrug* You think it's fake, you want to think it's fake, and asking for more proof when it's readily available is like asking for me to put food in your mouth. Feed yourself. I'm done with this.

Well then I guess we can go ahead and close ATS down. We'll all go do our own research and believe what we believe, regardless of what we find during said research.
Yes at this particular time, as nobody has posted any evidence, I believe planet x is not real. That's how the scientific process works my friend.
Complaining instead of posting factual information doesn't help anyone with anything. If you're not interesting in researching to find the real truth, whatever that may be, why bother posting here at all?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

OK, I'm a newbie, and terrified of this planet X theory... but after reading this thread from beginning to here... I'm starting to wonder.

If it can only be seen for the southern hemisphere, why have Nasa observed it to the east??? From NewWorldOver's links,

If Nasa observed it and then decided to built a huge telescope in the South... Does this mean it was once visible to everyone, but now its gone south and can only be seen by Nasa's huge telescope?

I was once terrified by this, especially when people started to say that 2007 was the Mayans 2012... Well guess what?... I'm still here!

The more I hear about planet X, the more contradictions I hear.

Why would the government cover something up that we will all be able to see by 2009?... you'll have mass panic anyway, whether it's now or 2009. Everyone will want a hand out to build a shelter for protection!

So come on people, stop trying to terrify us everyday people, and give us something that cant be contradicted. Give us some undeniable proof. Because as far as I'm concerned, that's all that seems to be missing!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ceekay

Good job pulling back the veil !!! It's important to ask the big questions like you have done.

My biggest problem with this idea is that it is fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I actually saw some evidence today when I was looking up the real name of planet X it showed many real images, as well as sound waves that were believed to have come from planet X. Also it proved there true projectory of it, and it also showed that it had done it many times before. So yes there is proof you just need to seek the proof. And make sure to weed out the trash.

Hilda

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
I actually saw some evidence today when I was looking up the real name of planet X it showed many real images, as well as sound waves that were believed to have come from planet X.

Can you post some links please?

How does someone record soundwaves from another planet? And if it was a radio signal, how do they really know, where it came from? Even SETI sometimes get's confused at that.

I would still be gratefull for a link, but the last part sounds suspicious. If this is part of the proof, how can anyone take it seriously?

[edit on 27-12-2007 by deezee]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join