It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X Is Coming Are You Ready?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aussiespeeder
I thought this is what ats is all about.
put out your theory, show your evidence and discuss.
yes it is your job to educate us if that means having a few links to whatever your theory is based on, I just dislike people saying they have proof when it doesnt exist. sure scientific proof is difficult in any subject
but why I love reading all this stuff is it is presenting me with lots of points of view, right, wrong and just conjecture.
just call it a theory not proof.

Why is it his responsibility to educate you or anyone else?

This is turning into yet another trash thread on ATS. These people aren't skeptics, they are trolls. These are people that cry for proof, yet when links are posted, no one follows them. They don't read the articles and they don't watch the videos. They're not interested in learning. They're interested in one thing: causing trouble by using selective quoting, or in some cases completely fabricating quotes and typing the poster's name they are trying to slander into the HTML code.

These aren't skeptics trying to learn the other side of the story, they are children that enjoy causing trouble.

So please, explain to me why it is anyone's responsibility to teach you or anyone else anything? This isn't a school, it's an internet forum. You're like the famous horse: you can be led to water but you can't be forced to drink. You are provided links. READ THEM. Don't read the few lines the poster writes, then pick them apart, the whole time ignoring hours of video and pages of website material.

Yet another pissing match on ATS spawned by trolls disguised as skeptics
Believe it or not, some of us are actually interested in this stuff and want to learn and create our own opinions, not listen to 14 year olds whine back and forth to each other.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
The video claims that the Brown Dwarf and our star orbit each other. This is the only reason the star would bring planets around our system. If this is true, why is there no evidence that we have a binary (2 star) system?

There is evidence that we are part of a binary system. Do you know how Uranus and Neptune were found? Uranus and Neptune were found because there were gravitational perturbations on Saturn that couldn't be explained. Calculations were done and they pointed to Uranus. Uranus also had perturbations. More math led to the discovery of Neptune.

Guess what? Neptune has perturbations that to THIS DAY CANNOT be explained. That's why the "Nemesis" theory exists.

www.lbl.gov...
www.space.com...

Research a little before you post. Theories that we are part of a binary system have been around for years and years and have been juggled back and forth by many reputable scientists. This is nothing new. There is no proof that we ARE a binary system AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC at this time, but there is also no proof that we ARE NOT a binary system.

We don't know what's out there, and these perturbations in our solar system may best be explained by a second star. The binary system theory not only explains the perturbations, but it also explains the systematic mass extinction events on Earth. The second sun passes through the Kuiper Belt like clockwork every X-amount of years disturbing comets. These comets are then sent on a collision course with Earth. Again, this is nothing new.

And guess what the most likely candidate would be?

You guessed it: a brown dwarf. That would have plenty of mass to cause the unexplainable perturbations on outer planets while remaining practically invisible to anyone on Earth.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Alright then, you did come up with some pictures, that I can not explain. I have read a fair quantity about planet x niburu, and I really think it is a possibility. There is a large NASA installation in Antarctica. The 1984 brown dwarf stuff seems to check out. The timing of 2012 is interesting.

I don't know what to think. I guess I'm not exactly prepared, if it is the case.

How could you possibly prepare for something like this. (Unless you are Tom Cruise)

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

You don't have 1,000,000$.......... I checked

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The problem here is that there is no geologic evidence of a worldwide catastrophe re-occurring every 3600 years throughout the history of earth.

And there doesn't need to be. If all that happens is a bunch of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes or blizzards or something, it probably won't leave much evidence behind.

The last pole shift occurred 800 million years ago and it took 20 million years for it to happen.

And you know this because...you and others were around to see it happen? Last time I checked, I don't remember a pole shift occurring recently, so how do we know exactly what kind of evidence is left behind? Who says the evidence is the same every time? This kind of ignorance is dangerous.

is used for:

The South Pole Telescope is a 10 meter diameter telescope located at the South Pole, Antarctica. It is a microwave telescope that observes in a frequency range between 70 and 300 GHz. The primary science goal for SPT is to conduct a survey to find several thousand clusters of galaxies, which should allow interesting constraints on the Dark Energy density and its equation of state.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Please post proof that these are the only things this telescope is used for. Believing that these are the ONLY uses of the telescope would be the very definition of ignorance.

Please be specific about which planets and when the global warming started on them.

It's pretty well known scientists think Mars is coming out of an ice age of some sort. I don't buy into the whole manmade global warming crap by any means, but it's pretty safe to say we humans aren't causing Mars to warm up.

And if a small, failed star were close enough to cause these problems, it would be easily detectable.

How so? Please, explain how such a feat is possible.

Look, I could do this forever. You're talking out your...well, you know. You're an internet warrior. You're on a high horse here, acting like some know-it-all, yet you have no information about the subjects at hand. You post woefully general articles as if they're some type of absolute proof that this is all BS. Can you PROVE there is no Planet X? If you can't do so (and I KNOW you can't), I suggest you get off your high horse. Be open to the possibility that Planet X may exist and accept the FACT that you're ignorant on this subject. If 2012 comes and this didn't happen, start a thread about how you were right. Until that day comes (and it may never come), accept that you don't have all the answer - or any answers in this case.

[edit on 25-12-2007 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Research a little before you post.

If you read my posts, and understood them, you know I have done some research.

Theories that we are part of a binary system have been around for years and years and have been juggled back and forth by many reputable scientists. This is nothing new. There is no proof that we ARE a binary system AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC at this time, but there is also no proof that we ARE NOT a binary system.

As you say, there is NO PROOF we are part of a binary system. My point exactly.
The fact that you also say there is no proof that we are not part of a binary system is a pointless statement. In fact there is no proof of a lot of things in which we do not believe. For example, you cannot prove that there are not invisible, purple, flying wombats living on the clouds over your roof. Remember that a belief in everything is as useful as a belief in nothing

The binary system theory not only explains the perturbations, but it also explains the systematic mass extinction events on Earth. The second sun passes through the Kuiper Belt like clockwork every X-amount of years disturbing comets. These comets are then sent on a collision course with Earth. Again, this is nothing new.

Be be specific about x amount of years. Show me the clockwork mass extinctions on earth.

And guess what the most likely candidate would be?

A large orbiting astroid.
A comet.
Solar events.
Climate change.
Disease.
Misc. Natural Terrestrial Phenomenon.
ETC...

You guessed it: a brown dwarf. That would have plenty of mass to cause the unexplainable perturbations on outer planets while remaining practically invisible to anyone on Earth.

Show me specifically how you came up with your conclusion.
Also, I did not address and wobble regarding planets, only our own sun. I haven't read any articles that show direct evidence of another star having gravitational effects on Sol (our sun).

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369

The problem here is that there is no geologic evidence of a worldwide catastrophe re-occurring every 3600 years throughout the history of earth.

And there doesn't need to be. If all that happens is a bunch of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes or blizzards or something, it probably won't leave much evidence behind.

So now we're going from worldwide natural disasters to hurricanes which we get all the time, some tornadoes which we get all the time and a blizzard or 2 which we get all the time and have. Ok doesn't sound all that bad all of a sudden. Excellent I'll pack away a few cans of mini-ravioli and I'll be all set.

The last pole shift occurred 800 million years ago and it took 20 million years for it to happen.

And you know this because...you and others were around to see it happen? Last time I checked, I don't remember a pole shift occurring recently, so how do we know exactly what kind of evidence is left behind? Who says the evidence is the same every time? This kind of ignorance is dangerous.
We know this because of something called science.
And name calling is VERY childish and will get you banned. I suggest you reconsider calling people ignorant.

is used for:

The South Pole Telescope is a 10 meter diameter telescope located at the South Pole, Antarctica. It is a microwave telescope that observes in a frequency range between 70 and 300 GHz. The primary science goal for SPT is to conduct a survey to find several thousand clusters of galaxies, which should allow interesting constraints on the Dark Energy density and its equation of state.

Please post proof that these are the only things this telescope is used for. Believing that these are the ONLY uses of the telescope would be the very definition of ignorance.
I can't provide proof of something that doesn't exist. You're asking me to prove a double negative which is simply not possible.

And if a small, failed star were close enough to cause these problems, it would be easily detectable.

gravitational measurements.
IR measurements.
etc..

Look, I could do this forever.

Actually you're not talented at insulting people so you shouldn't try to "do this forever" as I'm fairly confident that this attitude will get you banned sooner then later.

You're talking out your...well, you know.

All the information I have posted has come from respected sources so you are saying those sources are also talking out their >>>>.

You're an internet warrior.

Your bitter.

You're on a high horse here, acting like some know-it-all, yet you have no information about the subjects at hand.

Well with all the scientific info I have posted, I would have to say I do know a bit about the subject.

You post woefully general articles as if they're some type of absolute proof that this is all BS.

The information was specific to this discussion. If you have a question regarding your understanding of some information, please let me know.

Can you PROVE there is no Planet X?

This is my favorite type of response. The can you prove the unprovable backup argument.
The answer is NO I cannot prove there is no planet X out there.
I also cannot prove GOD doesn't exist.
I also cannot prove Giant, purple, invisible, flying wombats don't live on a cloud over your house.
Again you're asking me to prove a double negative and this type of logic has no place in science.

If you can't do so (and I KNOW you can't), I suggest you get off your high horse.

Although I do like horseback riding, I am currently not doing so.

Be open to the possibility that Planet X may exist and accept the FACT that you're ignorant on this subject.

Well being told I'm ignorant sways me as opposed to actually posting real evidence. Yes insulting people is a much better way to get your point across.
I'll tell you what, I'll entertain the possibility that planet X exists if you entertain the possibility that the wombats are also real.

If 2012 comes and this didn't happen, start a thread about how you were right. Until that day comes (and it may never come), accept that you don't have all the answer - or any answers in this case.

I have never made that claim. I am simply posting evidence that doesn't support your OPINION.

If you really want to change peoples minds, please provide REAL, corroborative evidence to support your opinions.

Finally, may I respectfully suggest that if you want to continue posting here, you may want to change your attitude a bit. From my understanding of the ATS rules, personal attacks, which I have just read, will get you banned.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HighPriest42

Theres no 'planet' 'coming'....that is pure utter fantasy. Where do you get your scientific information? With a screen name like Highpriest (insinuates maybe pagan beliefs) one has to question.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by blueyedevil666]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We truly are doomed as a species. I dont care what it is we as humans are involved in, from the simplest thing to worldly concerns that will affect all of man kind. No matter what, we always end up attacking one another. We don't have to worry about GOD or SATAN or Planet X destroying us. At the end of the day when all is said and done it will be man and man alone responsible for all the suffering that has taken place in the pass and all that will come in the future..

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So now we have several theories about what will happen in 2012:

a. blizzards, earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes will hurt us
b. antichrist will come down and rule for 1000 years
c. annunaki will land on earth and burn us with laserbeams
d. planet x will collide with earth
e. planet x will fall on earth
f. world war three, nuking earth completely
g. planet x will just miss earth and we will continue watching hollywood movies
h. huge deluge in our backyards and living rooms
i. nothing
j. illuminati will unleash deadly virus, killing 90% of the population
k. staged alieninvasion by the new world oder
l. oprah will marry dr phil and start a new world order
m. holy war between muslims and christians
n. china will take over and feed us sushi till the year 4013
o. defeat of the new world order and the beginning of heaven on earth

All this sounds terrible, ill definitely stay home when 2012 comes.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

you didn't see the videos posted earlier? or go to google videos,youtube , do some research yourself,I'm not going to argue with sceptical people

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by keops
reply to post by jfj123

you didn't see the videos posted earlier? or go to google videos,youtube , do some research yourself,I'm not going to argue with sceptical people

Yes I did see the vids. As a matter of fact the last one you posted is what I used for my counter points. Obviously you're not even reading my posts or you would know that was the case.

As I told you, I am not a skeptic. I am however a fact checker and I do require real, tangible, factual evidence before I start believing in something like this. I don't think it's too unreasonable to ask you to support your position as long as you post here. For example, if I were to say Hitler was a hero (he wasn't, I'm just trying to make a point), I should expect that someone is going to at the very least, ask me why I think that, as my viewpoint would most definitely be out of the norm. You are making a fantastic claim and all I'm asking is that you show evidence to support it.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Incorrect. Spending 10 minutes on Google is NOT research. Again, for an internet warrior it may be, but 10 minutes on Google doesn't hold up in real life.

The fact that you also say there is no proof that we are not part of a binary system is a pointless statement. In fact there is no proof of a lot of things in which we do not believe. For example, you cannot prove that there are not invisible, purple, flying wombats living on the clouds over your roof. Remember that a belief in everything is as useful as a belief in nothing

Shoddy argument once again. Us being part of a binary system is in fact a REAL, REPUTABLE THEORY backed by real, reputable scientists. Comparing a real, respected scientific theory to "invisible flying wombats" is the tool of a coward. You've been beaten in the argument, so you try to dumb down the theory. You trying to dumb it down doesn't change the fact that it's a real, respected published theory, and it also doesn't change the fact that you're running out of arguments.

Be be specific about x amount of years. Show me the clockwork mass extinctions on earth.

Since you're so good at using Google, why don't you spend 10 minutes looking up mass extinction records? Once again, the Nemesis theory is based upon this. "X amount of years" isn't a nonscientific statement. Science uses wide ranges of dates and generalizations. That's what scientific cosmology is all about - broad, sweeping generalizations that try and explain things on a grand scale.

A comet.
Solar events.
Climate change.
Disease.
ETC...

Incorrect. Since we're talking about the Nemesis theory, the top two candidates are a brown dwarf or a red dwarf. Do. Your. Research.

Also, I did not address and wobble regarding planets, only our own sun. I haven't read any articles that show direct evidence of another star having gravitational effects on Sol (our sun).

Where did I come to my conclusion. Well, I read the articles. If you would have, you'd have reached the same conclusion. Again, since internet warriors love to cause trouble but never follow the links or do the research when you send them to them, I don't expect you to ever read up on the theory.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So now we're going from worldwide natural disasters to hurricanes which we get all the time, some tornadoes which we get all the time and a blizzard or 2 which we get all the time and have. Ok doesn't sound all that bad all of a sudden. Excellent I'll pack away a few cans of mini-ravioli and I'll be all set.

Here we go, trying to dumb down the argument again. You're like a finely tuned machine at avoiding answering questions. What these natural disasters were is not the argument. What needs to be realized is that there could be natural disasters that happened that can't be traced back, and if it's the same natural disaster every time, you won't get it on radar ever. For instance, such a large planet passing could cause intense earthquakes that kill a lot of people. These earthquakes would be extremely difficult to nearly impossible to document since they happened so long ago. Plates are always moving, and since they're constantly churning things into the Earth, they're not exactly easy to make a historic record of.

We know this because of something called science.
And name calling is VERY childish and will get you banned. I suggest you reconsider calling people ignorant.
"We know this because of science." What is that supposed to mean? Please, show us all the "science" that tells of when the last pole shift was, and please, explain to us how this "science" is guaranteed to show us every pole shift? Do we even KNOW what a pole shift is? How many have our modern scientists lived through?

That's right, none.

Since ATS is all about finding the truth, I'll keep proving your ignorance to everyone.

I can't provide proof of something that doesn't exist. You're asking me to prove a double negative which is simply not possible.

What doesn't exist? The South Pole Telescope doesn't exist? What are you talking about? I don't think you even know what you're talking about anymore.

gravitational measurements.
IR measurements.
etc..
Show us how to do them since you're the expert. Last time I checked, we haven't cataloged everything in our sky. Since this star, if it exists, is visible at the south pole only, that means we have almost no record of those stars since it's only visible from Antarctica.

Please, give me a break. When you call someone out and they respond "because science says so," it's painfully obvious they've run out of arguments

Alright, I can't do this anymore. Quite frankly, I don't think anyone is even reading this. I hope I have helped expose you as the troll you are. Try being a little more open minded. You're not an expert. You don't have all the answers. The sooner you understand these things, the sooner this topic can get back on track.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
Incorrect. Spending 10 minutes on Google is NOT research. Again, for an internet warrior it may be, but 10 minutes on Google doesn't hold up in real life.

Once again, my suggestion is you tread lightly. You have no idea how much time I have invested in anything or where/who my sources are ultimately. Your insulting is childish at best.

Shoddy argument once again. Us being part of a binary system is in fact a REAL, REPUTABLE THEORY backed by real, reputable scientists. Comparing a real, respected scientific theory to "invisible flying wombats" is the tool of a coward. You've been beaten in the argument, so you try to dumb down the theory. You trying to dumb it down doesn't change the fact that it's a real, respected published theory, and it also doesn't change the fact that you're running out of arguments.

Apparently the problem here is the large chip on your shoulder. Might I suggest you reread what I posted when you have calmed yourself down and maybe you'll realize the information is more coherent then you first thought.

Since you're so good at using Google, why don't you spend 10 minutes looking up mass extinction records? Once again, the Nemesis theory is based upon this. "X amount of years" isn't a nonscientific statement. Science uses wide ranges of dates and generalizations. That's what scientific cosmology is all about - broad, sweeping generalizations that try and explain things on a grand scale.

As opposed to insulting and personally attacking me why not simply post evidence to prove I'm wrong?

A comet.
Solar events.
Climate change.
Disease.
ETC...

Incorrect. Since we're talking about the Nemesis theory, the top two candidates are a brown dwarf or a red dwarf. Do. Your. Research.

Again, you haven't read through the post completely. The above items could and have accounted for mass extinctions throughout earths history.

Where did I come to my conclusion. Well, I read the articles. If you would have, you'd have reached the same conclusion. Again, since internet warriors love to cause trouble but never follow the links or do the research when you send them to them, I don't expect you to ever read up on the theory.

Telling me to read mystery articles that I can google makes the whole idea of posting here pointless.

Once again, my suggestion to you is, calm yourself down a bit and instead of insulting me, which violates ATS rules, simply post evidence to prove I'm wrong. By only posting insults, you're only proving how weak your position really is.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by jfj123]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There are quite a few sites with more accurate info regarding planet X. Here's a brief overview describing the reality of planet X.

When astronomer Percival Lowell decided to search for a planet beyond Neptune in the 1930s, he called the object of his search "Planet X." This search led to the discovery of Pluto, but for many years some astronomers believed that another world larger than Pluto must exist undiscovered beyond Neptune. They thought this because Neptune's orbit seemed to be influenced by the gravity of an unseen planet. More recent studies indicate that Neptune's orbit is not influenced by undiscovered bodies, and that a large "Planet X" most likely does not exist.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

NOBODY and I am speaking for everyone on ATS……cares at all….about your freakin Urantia Book……. it was made in the 50’s or something by people just like you and me…it even says people who claim to have written it……there is no alien BS about it…..no special stuff……..nothing……..

It's people like you that cause animosity in the world.
I have to agree with others that have posted here... You do not have the right to say that, "I don't care for whatever the issues is". Because first off, you don't know me, I don't know you, and I don't want to meet you.

This site use to rock, but nowadays, too many hateful children use this site to express their hatred towards others cause I think their too scared, or they probably just work for the devil himself.

People say the below, because they have no "real" understanding and it's easier to throw a stone than it is to do anything else... sadly:

reply to post by ChocoTaco369
Research a little before you post.

Originally posted by blueyedevil666

Theres no 'planet' 'coming'....that is pure utter fantasy. Where do you get your scientific information? With a screen name like Highpriest (insinuates maybe pagan beliefs) one has to question.
[edit on 26-12-2007 by blueyedevil666]

Where's Your Proof that there isn't?
As this is a Prove or Disprove forum right?
Just stating that it's a fantasy doesn't prove or disprove anything.

Originally posted by blueyedevil666

With a screen name like Highpriest (insinuates maybe pagan beliefs) one has to question.

Again, more insults ??

[edit on 26-12-2007 by WalkOn]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

my only proof or evidence, like you I view the majority of youtube or different websites witnessed by some scientifst etc that's enough for me to believe planet X does exist ...
I'm still researching about the effects of this coming planet

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Threads like this are too scary to think about I would rather goto sleep and watch American Idol.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
i]reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Ok so if posting a few links to back up your statements is too hard let me play the game. I never said the video was made by the poster just that he proclaimed it and i quote "scientific proof" which it patently isnt. i am not a sceptic i just want something to go on, the video is 90% conjecture as I said previously and its language (see pevious post) declares this by use of the words i described.
It would be perhaps obvious to an unbiased reader.
Now this thread seems based on sitchins and Velikovsi's work.
Sitchins work, which has some merit but is severely flawed by his mistakes in language and grammer of the sumer language as discussed here
sitchin is wrong[

a little taste of sitchins work here, but there is lots on the web, doesnt mean he is right, but its interesting

Sitchin video

Now i am not saying the chances of an asteroid with Earths name on it isnt a good chance, about 1 in 20,000 which is the same as your chance of dying in an airplane crash as described here by
Stephen Petranek: 10 ways the world could end, asteroid is last and best chance but a great talk.
Stephen Petranek: 10 ways the world could end

and hundreds of the known ones are listed here for you astronomy types
extensive list of known NEOs with potential danger to Earth

supposed pictures of planet x

(which shouldnt be visible to the naked eye or simple camera yet)
are available here in their hundreds...all not planet x if the scientists who are looking are believable like these guys
A very patient astronomer proves it is not there, very comprehensively

even the Wiki calls it psudoscience
the wiki on HYPOTHETICAL PLANETARY OBJECTS

So my take on all this in a nutshell is the thing doesnt exist and I invite you to advance some more evidence in favour of your theory. And try to avoid velikovski as his ideas have been disproved by new technology not available to him at the time. Not to say that he wasnt making a good guess
but it was just that.(and thats generous)
Velikovski dumped on by a reputable scientist

and again

facts behind Planet x / niburu
if the link doesnt work try this
www.planet-x.150m.com...

So theres some info behind my theory that its non-existant, but the danger of many other objects is ever present. Hence my interest in bug out places, one way inland, one in the ancient hills we call mountains here in australia. I do take this seriously and do realise there MAY be a conspiracy to cover it all up, which is why I like sites like this, so I can see different points of view and prepare accordingly the survival of my family.
Unfortunately the indoctrinated cannot be converted easily despite the evidence.

Everything you will ever want to know about comets and the stories around them

[edit on 27-12-2007 by aussiespeeder]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join