It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I agree. And no telling how long it's been used, or for what purposes. But if the government had a hand in it, I'm betting there were some dirty deeds done somewhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Great, first I have to get firewalls and adware/ spyware for my PC now it seems i'l be needing to protect my brain in the same way. It will probably possible in years to come for your brain to be hacked

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i think some people are blowing things out of all proportions.

Like i said in a previous thread on directional speakers, this technology is brilliant, i have one in the office.

Its nothing like a psychic experience, its a directional speaker. You can bounce the "beam" off different materials, but does it make it sound like the cat is speaking to you.... alas no.

The experience is quite interesting, its like going into a hot-spot of sound.

This has huge benefits in actually reducing ambient noise in certain situations.

While id like to see more evidence on the microwaves not being harmful with long-term use, it kicks out a damn sight less than a cell phone.

While i agree the advertising campaign is in poor taste, and should not really be allowed, lets not throw the baby out with the bath-water here. This technology and the devices that follow it do have huge potential.

And for those that think the government developed this to get inside their heads.....
will always think that... because thats the way they want to think.
Far more dangerous than a little speaker.

Just because you don't understand how something works does not make it government or martian based.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I find this spooky and I hope it doesn't take on. I like watching TV but adverts drive me crazy. When I'm enjoying a good movie I find it EXTREMELY annoying and downright RUDE that when I'm right into the story it's switched off for 3 minutes and someone is trying to sell me toilet paper or whatever. Imagine going about your life and some clap happy voice appears in your head with an equally annoying jingle in the background. No way, I'm not gonna take this. And if this is just the commercial side to the technology I dread to think what other applications it has or has had.If this does become popular we wont have time to think for all the noise.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Okay using this for advertising is poor taste - I thought those shops that bluetooth you if you forgot to switch it off were a bit much personally, thats the sort of person I am, I prefer advertising to be more take it or leave it - I have to keep the remote control near.

But the technology is interesting, I could do with it on this computer to do away with headphones, it could even be incorporated into something like a high visibility road workers jacket or a hard hat - if it could reliably determine who you are trying to talk to it would have great safety benefits (i've seen some near misses when having to work near busy roads in London when working on the water pipes).

But what would people from less devoloped communities make of this technology?? jeese you could easily sent tribes off spearing each other with something like that - logging or oil companies could get problematic villages to wipe each other out!

Kinda reminds me of a story I heard about some explorers trying to make contact with a very primitive and isolated tribe - they had the bright idea of dropping pictures of them selves from air drops before hand thinking it would lessen the cultural shock....... Guess what! these people had never encountered a 2 dimensional image before (printed photos) of course this simply never happens in nature - on looking on the reverse of the photos they came to the conclusion that was the devils work - explorers turn up and promptly get speared!! - different strokes for different folks.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ciewan
i think some people are blowing things out of all proportions.

Like i said in a previous thread on directional speakers, this technology is brilliant, i have one in the office.

Just because you don't understand how something works does not make it government or martian based.

it's not the same. the article clearly states the sound is created within the cranium. that's not how directional or hypersonic / ultrasonic speakers work.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I'm with gools on this one 110%.

This is ridiculous and WRONG!

How can anyone read "it may take time for them to get used to this technology" and NOT realize just how much the term "sheeple" really applies?

GREAT FIND OP! Starred/Flagged

Jasn

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
the article clearly states the sound is created within the cranium. that's not how directional or hypersonic / ultrasonic speakers work.

That appears to be a mistake or misunderstanding by the journalist.

Holosonics details their technology here. It's basically sonar technology that works through air allowing the creation of a highly focused source of sound. It generates the sounds in the air en route to your head then you hear them like normal.

I can see how some people might get confused hearing these sounds from an unknown source. But I can tell the difference between a high pitched ringing in my ears and a high pitched whine from somewhere in the room, or my own internal monologue and someone speaking to me. The directional nature of the sound alone makes for a quick isolation of the origin.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by apc]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

thats the so wanted mind control technology that the gov obtained from those treaties with extraterrestrials a few decades ago... apparently fully developed and operational

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Sorry, its not that simple. How do you wear your Telephone Headset and an ear-piece for background music. They have to use a phone to do their jobs. I don't have any psychic Customers. I'm thinking of a separate speaker for each space.

I believe here the phone would pick up the frequency. We know little about these devices. What are their ranges? How do they interact with other devices in the vicinity? etc.

I agree that walkmans and ipods etc. are a better idea. If you're a phone rep. or telemarketer etc. you'll have to find a way to improvise... or... quit
By the way, who ever liked telemarketers and phone reps? I might enjoy a little music in the background when trying to get my router back online while talking to comcast customer support.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm sure I read about these focused sound beams being tuned in such a way as to actually create the sound in you sinus cavities - therefore in your head, it's not a particularly new idea either, believe the Russians were experimenting with it some point in the cold way... That's off the top of my head, I'll look it up later no time right now.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hmm I don't like the sound of that. Imagine how annoying it would be to walk down a high street with voices being blasted into your head that you can't block out.

Do you think the military has got hold of this as well? Psychological warfare as the next wave of weaponry?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Nobody here seems to be realising the potential threat to health this sort of Tech might have.

Not in the sence that it could be used to drive people insane, but rather cause serious illnesses like Cancer.

If these things use Microwaves just like Cell Phones, and that it's pretty much a given that Cell Phones have a link to Brain Tumors.

Imagine what this tech would do to the public if it were being directed at people from every angle for every second of every day.

MAN, the Chemo Chem Companies would be doing Massive Business...lol

Either that or repeted exposure might turn us all into Microwave steamed puddings.

This Tech has to be stopped now!!!

[edit on 12/12/2007 by Ironclad]

[edit on 12/12/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

It's not microwaves. is it?

Don't think so, how would we 'hear' microwaves (300MHz to 300GHz) without technology to lower the frequency to audible range (apx 5 Hz to 10 000 Hz in humans). It's just highly focused beam of audible sound waves - think hi-tec version of a ventriloquist throwing his voice.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

It's not microwaves. is it?

Don't think so, how would we 'hear' microwaves (300MHz to 300GHz) without technology to lower the frequency to audible range (apx 5 Hz to 10 000 Hz in humans). It's just highly focused beam of audible sound waves - think hi-tec version of a ventriloquist throwing his voice.

Ahh well. I'm not really upto scratch on this tech.

But still, even Highly focused Sound waves focused on people constantly, over an extended period of time, has gotto have some serious side effects.

The Chemo Companies might still be in for a treat.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This reminds me of the minority report with those adverts, which were speaking to the people that walked pass them.

It's an interesting piece of technology.

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

People, PLEASE read the description of the technology from the people that built it.

There are no microwaves or radio waves at all. It is SOUND. In fact it is the manipulation of the interaction between hypersonic oscillations to produce lower frequency highly directional audible sound. The end result is absolutely no different than having a regular speaker pointed at your head.

This will not cause cancer. It is not contained within your head. It is just focused sound waves so only someone standing in the "beam" can hear them.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Mark my words, this technology will be abused some day (if it hasn't already)

I agree with your post %100, but it's current use as an advertising tool is already abuse as far as I'm concerned.

What also concerns me is that the article doesn't even mention where the heck this technology has sprung from. I can't even begin to speculate how it works.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

www.blacklistednews.com

NEW YORK - New Yorker Alison Wilson was walking down Prince Street in SoHo last week when she heard a woman's voice right in her ear asking, "Who's there? Who's there?" She looked around to find no one in her immediate surroundings. Then the voice said, "It's not your imagination."
Ms. Wilson, a New York-based stylist, said she expected the voice inside her head to be some type of creative project but could see how others might perceive it differently, particularly on a late-night stroll home
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
adage.com

either way starbucks will never get me to drink there coffee,and I live in seattle, i dont care how much mind manipulation they do, i just wont do it

[edit on 12-12-2007 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i could see the potential for abuse here, intentional or not. now, imagine if this catches on big time, and you're walking through some area inundated with these things, at what point does a person overload?

of course, then i think weapon wise, imagine.. a directional flashbang grenade like apparatus from this.

now, there can be benefits to all this. personal data storage. or, in terms of rehabilitation.. imagine either criminals, addicts, sex offenders, etc signing up for something that amounts to an 'angel on their shoulder' as a form of rehab therapy.

This technology can be like a gun. its threat is in its use. do you use it to hunt for food, or do you use it to kill people. Same concept really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join