It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have a question I hope someone can answer.
If I was to put ear plugs in my ears would I still hear the sound wave?
This is what I like to call "trickle down technology". It is being introduced very slowly.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Sorry, its not that simple. How do you wear your Telephone Headset and an ear-piece for background music. They have to use a phone to do their jobs.

Problem is. If your job is to answer the phone, should you be listening to music in the background anyway?

It would be just foolish to not use it if it enhances the work environment for my Staff.

So, you're all for brain bombardment with anything that might make life a little more convenient? Not me. Don't we have enough cancer in this country?

Do we do away with text and the Internet also? Do we shut down ATS because of the Bad Apples?

The difference is: We can either not look, turn it off etc. With brain bombardment, how do we have a choice to listen or not?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mek12

if its being introduced slowly, I think theyd only do it in a controlled metroplois area where marketing and consumerism is HIGH

even if this was true there are too many buildings and structures to get in the way of blocking the waves

you could wear foil on your head

besides it would only be power of suggestion not a command that you would follow

unless you are weak minded

I think this is just another story of too many comic books, not enough readers

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It like that Weird Science Movie. THIS IS GOD! HAVE YOU BEEN TOUCHING YOURSELF? LOL I can see this going in a bad direction. I t reminds me of the plasma weapon the military has that can produce a talking flame. It must be what God used on Moses.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh man...I just spent a half hour preparing a post for this subject..only to have it lost because Gools closed it before I could post it...so Gools...
:

Here goes again....

Great... a 'new' technology appealing to a consumers' body whom doesn't know how it is affecting them. Now, I skimmed through this thread and found that most people are worried about 'microwave'type affects...no, no, no....what about the brain wave induction this potentially represents, much like the state a veiwer is in while watching TV, or even on the internet...

The Alpha-Theta range occurs during reverie, hypnogogic imagery, meditation, and by self-hypnosis."

In the last few years a new approach to brain waves and human emotion is being explored in the form of brain entrainment. This is a
form of bio-feedback and stimulation to promote a specific wave state
that is desired. This can be done by various methods; flashing lights,
sound pulsations ,electromagnetic pulses ,and physical vibrations.my emphasis
[url]http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/files/brain-wv.txt" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
pages.prodigy.net...

The voice induction could very well be like putting someone in the state of mind that one is in while watching a commercial, but but directly in front of the product.

In the last few years a new approach to brain waves and human emotion is being explored in the form of brain entrainment. This is a
form of bio-feedback and stimulation to promote a specific wave state
that is desired. This can be done by various methods; flashing lights,
sound pulsations ,electromagnetic pulses ,and physical vibrations.my emphasis

[url]http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/files/brain-wv.txt

How many people know that their brain has fluctuating states of brain activity? How many people know the correlative human reaction to these brain states? Introducing a technology for the sole purpose of increasing a corporate bank account to a population who doesn't know where in the human body a 'glia' can be found, much less aware of the aforementioned is for the sole benefit of those who stand to make a dollar.

Not the consumer. Many, if not all, of the companies who will be able to incorporate this audio technology have competitors with approximately the same ingredients and whose product is cheaper to purchase.

Consider as well the barrage of information in a consumer environment as well. There are not only many products with packaging that have vivid colrs, explosive font, and shiny textures, but there also exists background noise(loudspeaker, other consumers, etc.). To have all of this and a voice in your head is just another facet in what amounts to a barrage of stimulii meant to get your dollar. I don't want to have to walk up and down an aisle listening to 'bubbling streams' and 'toilets flushing'. It is an imposition to say the least.

Instead of a society encouraging an active pursuit of health and rational thought, we are being surreptitiously encountered to spend our money on impulse. How does that help the consumer? Oh...by allowing yet another means by which to retroactively support mental illness diagnosis such as attention deficit disorder and obsessive compulsion disorder...

This is just another imposition on the human experience and I am not pleased with it...imagine..

"Yes Honey...um, sorry, I wasn't listening. Hey check this out! I can hear the pepsi can being opened as if I were watching it on TV!"

Goodness...

From the article
It's just like having a flashlight vs. a light bulb," he said.

Ever stand in a small space with twenty people, all whom have a flashlight turned on?

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm about to give up. People keep ranting about cancer or intrusion on privacy or weapons or whatever. It's GARBAGE.

For people who can't seem to deny ignorance and actually read up on the technology, here it is... again...

www.holosonics.com...

Of course, the ultrasound, which contains frequencies far outside our range of hearing, is completely inaudible. But as the ultrasonic beam travels through the air, the inherent properties of the air cause the ultrasound to distort (change shape) in a predictable way. This distortion gives rise to frequency components in the audible bandwidth, which can be accurately predicted, and therefore precisely controlled. By generating the correct ultrasonic signal, we can create, within the air itself, essentially any sound desired.

Note that the source of sound is not the physical device you see, but the invisible beam of ultrasound, which can be many meters long. This new sound source, while invisible, is very large compared to the audio wavelengths it's generating. So the resulting audio is now extremely directional, just like a beam of light.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I'm about to give up. People keep ranting about cancer or intrusion on privacy or weapons or whatever. It's GARBAGE.

Well, what is sound other than energy waves? Like microwaves, we don't know if it has an affect on our cell structure or not. So, give up if you want to, but to do so would, IMO, be the opposite of "denying ignorance".

Sonic and ultrasonic weapons (USW) are weapons of various types that use sound to injure, incapacitate, or kill an opponent.

en.wikipedia.org...

What was that about ultrasonic sound waves again?

And if radio waves can light saltwater on fire, I'm sure ultrasonic sound waves can't be good for us.

Last winter, inventor John Kanzius was already attempting one seemingly impossible feat -- building a machine to cure cancer with radio waves -- when his device inadvertently succeeded in another: He made saltwater catch fire.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What exactly are you getting at, apc?

A concentrated sound wave, ultrasonic or not, is still a vibration. And the human body has been living with many frequencies of vibration its' entire lifespan, regardless of audibility...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
More on ultrasound.

Therapeutic ultrasound, a technique that uses more powerful ultrasound sources to generate local heating in biological tissue, e.g. in occupational therapy, physical therapy and cancer treatment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Are we still going to conclude that this is not harmful?

Some sorts of ultrasound can disintegrate biological cells including bacteria.

[edit on 12/12/2007 by Griff]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i have been "hearing" things nobody else could hear randomly for some time....
maybe im not really crazy
my questions are.. what can be done about it??
and...
do tin foil hat really work, and if so is there a certain method used to build them..
ive never made one...
im so glad i found this thread...maybe i should apply explosives to there Companies main building, but i doubt it will help. im forever doomed...it seems things keep going in and endless pitfall.
now that i know this kind of technology really exist...which for some reason i just never had the idea that it did....what the hell can i do to stop all of it

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
edit: did not mean to post twice

[edit on 12-12-2007 by ~Axiom~]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Axiom~
maybe i should apply explosives to there Companies main building

I would be very careful about typing something like this in this day and age. Just a friendly warning.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

now that i know this kind of technology really exist...which for some reason i just never had the idea that it did....what the hell can i do to stop all of it

Learn more so as to avoid reacting on impulse...

[edit on 12-12-2007 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 12-12-2007 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

maybe i should apply explosives to there Companies main building

I would be very careful about typing something like this in this day and age. Just a friendly warning.

thanks man, but i feel asif it would not matter much. they alreeady have me

edit to add quote

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Axiom~

your serious?

what products have you been buying friviously and are you going broke?

what voices and what are they saying, exactly

word for word

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Since the beams being directed at the consumer are audible, would it not be an interesting conclusion that maybe they are not ultrasound?

Huh? Did you read this?

Of course, the ultrasound, which contains frequencies far outside our range of hearing, is completely inaudible. But as the ultrasonic beam travels through the air, the inherent properties of the air cause the ultrasound to distort (change shape) in a predictable way. This distortion gives rise to frequency components in the audible bandwidth, which can be accurately predicted, and therefore precisely controlled. By generating the correct ultrasonic signal, we can create, within the air itself, essentially any sound desired.

www.holosonics.com...

What happens if you get too close to the ultrasonic emitter? It would be ultrasonic sound (energy) wave bombardment to your body.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
im not broke and the newest thing ive bought was a bass...
a jaguar in fact and it has electronics in it...but i think the sound would more than likely come from my pc

most of the time they are a bunch a fragments of word...they expect me to piece together what they want...very random, no one hears them

ive been told to go to the store when i did not need anything...
voices have told me certain things...that alter the way i think
like...i was once listening to the radio and a voice gave me a good reason not to believe what the guy was saying...it was hard not to listen to it....it was so right..
ive heard voices in the middle of sex....telling me to populate the species...
they have told me poison is in certain food and that i should avoid
and what makes me think they are ads the most is...
it occasionally tells me what products are better than others
ive never been told to kill though...but im sure if they wanted someone to do it they could be persistant as it drives me insane sometimes...
in conclusion im just nuts'

edit cause species was spelled wrong

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The harmful and therapeutic ultrasonic waves described are at significantly higher amplitudes. It would be like hanging out inside a 160db subwoofer truck. Yeah, you're going to get hurt if you're not smart about it.

Pregnant women get their belly rubbed every day with ultrasonic audio sources. I haven't seen any pop out a giant infant tumor yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Copy that, Griff....I edited.

However, I am of the opinion, that though there is potential for cellular damage due to a concentrated wave imposition, the affect is probably akin to that of cell phone usage.

The affect on the brain wave state is a physical one. And the nature of this affect is a physical/mental response that imposes a specific physical experience. An Alpha-Theta state is a state produced when one visits a movie theater. Have you ever physically reacted to what a character on screen is pretending to experience?

In my opinion, the mental and pyschological implications of this are being severly downplayed....

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

No, its not the same technology. Its like a stadium speaker. LOL
I was just saying it reminds me of this....Because you cant help but hear it when the Giant Voice comes on.

And Retreat....they plat at 5:00pm and its the National Athem.
At 10:00pm....they play TAPS as a close to the day and remembernce of those who have died while serving.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join