It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I'll be a stockholder for sure!!!

Wait, I'm not so sure how well that would do. Too unpredictable. LOL

Sorry Gools. It is just funny sometimes how such different things have so many possibilities of being related somehow.

I am just really concerned as to whose hands this method of mind control will fall into next.

[edit on 12/11/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
and this new ad technology) use microwaves.

Oh well, then I say we create a microwave deflector
which can easily be used like a pierced ear ring and stop
this BS

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Actually, tinfoil lined wigs would be the high dollar market. Fashion and protection. Each wig sold with a can of pepper spray to cover the mugger aspect and we ought to have every third women, and a few men, in NYC.

For a ground floor opportunity of a lifetime, just watch for my coming website where you too can invest in the future.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Yeah I`m with ya and I missed reading scientist`s post before replying who brought up some disturbing thoughts

If Governments havn`t had this technology? and its real, they already have it or will have it very soon!

This isn`t good.I kind of have a feeling like many would of had when they invented a nuke.Some things I wish never were looked into.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by gps777]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

What if Prez Bush uses it for his press room briefings???

That is a great question. I also wonder if this hasn't been tried upon a military force already and if not, how soon before it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I know I've sounded a bit on the humorous side about this, but I don't really take it as a laughing matter. This has to be able to be blocked. Once we/someone figures out exactly how it works, then there has to be a way to stop it.

The beauty of science is that there is a way around most things that don't kill you in the first second or so.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
This has to be able to be blocked.

I agree

Someone mentioned tin foil, but I don't think that's the answer
as the last time I put tin foil in my microwave, it caught on fire.
I don't want to run around the streets with my head on fire either

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
here is n article from the holosonics website itself.

Holosonics' Audio Spotlight Technology Installed at the Smithsonian
Holosonics is pleased to announce its recent installation of the Audio Spotlight� directional sound technology in the most popular museum in the world. The installation, designed by notable multimedia designer and artist Alan Stone, is in the National Air and Space Museum's Centennial of Flight Exhibition, "The Wright Brothers & The Invention of the Aerial Age".....
The Audio Spotlight, invented by Holosonics founder Dr. F. Joseph Pompei while a graduate student at MIT,.....
Companies such as Motorola, Time-Warner, DaimlerChrysler, Kraft Foods, Sega, and American Greetings have chosen the Audio Spotlight, and Audio Spotlight systems have been installed in venues such as Boston's Museum of Science, the Matisse Museum, Sega's Joypolis, Bibliotheque National de France, Boston Center for the Arts, the European PGA tour, and the Chicago Cultural Center.

Holosonic in DC

Boy, that sure is some list of companies already using this method. Now it is in the Capitol. How many "important" people are being exposed to this thing?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have an office were everyone likes different music. It is a real nuisance. I'm calling that company tomorrow to see if this is affordable to solve this problem.

It is like any other new technology in that it can be put to good or bad use. The deciding factor is the Human involved not the technology. Another example is the Internet. If it were shut down to stop the Criminal Uses?

Don't fear the technology; fear the person using it. There you will find the real Bogeyman.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
here is n article from the holosonics website itself.

Holosonics' Audio Spotlight Technology Installed at the Smithsonian
Holosonics is pleased to announce its recent installation of the Audio Spotlight� directional sound technology in the most popular museum in the world. The installation, designed by notable multimedia designer and artist Alan Stone, is in the National Air and Space Museum's Centennial of Flight Exhibition, "The Wright Brothers & The Invention of the Aerial Age".....
The Audio Spotlight, invented by Holosonics founder Dr. F. Joseph Pompei while a graduate student at MIT,.....
Companies such as Motorola, Time-Warner, DaimlerChrysler, Kraft Foods, Sega, and American Greetings have chosen the Audio Spotlight, and Audio Spotlight systems have been installed in venues such as Boston's Museum of Science, the Matisse Museum, Sega's Joypolis, Bibliotheque National de France, Boston Center for the Arts, the European PGA tour, and the Chicago Cultural Center.

Holosonic in DC

Boy, that sure is some list of companies already using this method. Now it is in the Capitol. How many "important people are being exposed to this thing?

oh no, I love orange chocolate (a kraft product). I hope more people get outraged by this instead of finding it "cool" and accepting it.

It's just so difficult to boycott companies though (I tried for a bit and could practically not buy anything!). Having a small budget also means it's difficult to boycott. I'm worried that this new technology will be accepted simply because people can't afford not to. "Supply and demand", yeah right. It's not like most people have a choice.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I have an office were everyone likes different music. It is a real nuisance.

I'm afraid the real nuisance is not being able to turn it off.
If it is a solution to your problem, do you think each person
would have their own volume and sound settings control.
That would be like their own personal stereo in their head.
Don't you think it would be more economical for just everybody
to bring their own walk-man or I-Pod with headphones to work ??

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

Don't you think it would be more economical for just everybody to bring their own walk-man or I-Pod with headphones to work ??

That happens on a large scale already. I work at a University Medical center which is a teaching hospital. Everyone I see walking to and from the University has some sort of MP3 player. In my lab, 7 out of ten of us wear one while they work.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Sorry, its not that simple. How do you wear your Telephone Headset and an ear-piece for background music. They have to use a phone to do their jobs. I don't have any psychic Customers. I'm thinking of a separate speaker for each space.

Like I said; any tool can be a weapon or useful depending on the user. Its here. Its established. It would be just foolish to not use it if it enhances the work environment for my Staff.

There are things just as dangerous taking place on this Board every day. Young minds being tricked and brainwashed by unscrupulous liars trying to manipulate them through the written word and the Internet. Do we do away with text and the Internet also? Do we shut down ATS because of the Bad Apples?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree. But the point is that I want to give permission for what I am involved with. I don't want to have a drive by ad slam me to buy Joey Issuzue's cars. And I certainly don't want to have to listen to rap music just because somebody with an IQ lower than their age thinks the whole world should hear it. (The same applies to Muzak, Barry Mannilow, and a very long list of others.)

And you're right, it's not the technology. Much like guns don't kill. But there are certain areas where I want a bullet proof vest, and others an ad blocking skull cap. Because there are always people that will find a way to abuse anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I agree with that thought. I just thought the other side should be represented and I truthfully am interested in a possible purchase. I would consider the worries expressed to be valid.

I also tend to be more tolerant of things like this. I think either here or the article it was compared to Telemarketers. I can understand that worry as well. In the end though; when I'm mad at them I'll claim I'm constantly bothered by Telemarketers when in fact I seldom get calls and when I do its usually some company I do business with. I think the same will happen with this. A hysterical over-reaction is imminent I'm afraid. I'm often guilty myself

apc

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Now that's cool. They're not actually generating sound inside your head. They're using high frequency waves to generate lower frequency audible sounds in the air on its way towards your head. Focused and highly directional. Turning your head should significantly affect the volume of what makes it to your ears.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
..and Mr Bush say he hear voices from God (which turn out to be a misdirected ad) telling him to invade Iraq..

jesus.. we are in an interesting era..

[edit on 11-12-2007 by betaiso]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Okay, don't freak out too much yet... the statement that someone made about turning your head is true.

I also read about this tech a few years ago in some issue of the journal Science. It is true. And yes, very, very scary.

I live above a bar, so when I first read the article I got really excited and thought to myself " finally, I'll be able to sleep without ear plugs!" but upon reading the entire article, realized that the direction that the sound is directed in is a vector kind of like a laser beam. Only the intended recipient receives it.

So, it wouldn't be plausible for the bar below me to have sound amplified in this way, because you'd have to be facing in the direction of the broadcast and be in a specific part of the room. Excellent form home entertainment systems or on laptops, bad for mass broadcast.

That said, there are a million ways that this tech could cause great harm to our civil liberties and transparency in communication in general.

So, if you hear voices in your head, take two steps to the left and turn your head. If they're still there, go to the doctor. Otherwise watch Paranormal State.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You'd want to hope these things aren't dual purpose. They don't seem too far off an active denial system. I wonder what it would "sound" like, when it's cranked up to 11.

Well, at least they haven't got technology to transmit emotional impulses, captured from fMRI, or can they?? I hope not.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This will just lead to the killing of Media CEO's. If this technology gets out then people will be dieing. You can't just mess with peoples heads and not realize mental illness can cause the fight or flight response. When I say fight I mean killing people. You will have suicides also. If you do not get sued then look for a knife coming towards your back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join