It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

www.blacklistednews.com

NEW YORK - New Yorker Alison Wilson was walking down Prince Street in SoHo last week when she heard a woman's voice right in her ear asking, "Who's there? Who's there?" She looked around to find no one in her immediate surroundings. Then the voice said, "It's not your imagination."
Ms. Wilson, a New York-based stylist, said she expected the voice inside her head to be some type of creative project but could see how others might perceive it differently, particularly on a late-night stroll home
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
adage.com

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
How about this technology!! It makes me nervous already. I can just see how this would be abused. "Advertising through schizophrenia." What if this technology got into the wrong hands and we started "hearing things" from the government or other national institutions. It seems that they are trying any way possible to get people to do what they want. I am wondering if this isn't already being used in some way to make certain people to do things against their will.
I am going to be looking to see who may have some special interest in this technology.
I am interested to know how fellow ATS'ers would feel if something like this became more mainstream.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I remember reading about this technology being developed a few years ago in the new scientist or somewhere like it. Absolutely filthy. I'll start boycotting any company that starts using this.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Mr. Pompei contends that the technology will take time for consumers to get used to...

Ummmm... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about you keep your fracking advertising out of my head you privacy invading psychopaths!!!

As if we are not inundated enough with advertising EVERYWHERE we care to look, now we have to hear it in our heads?!!

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to do it!!

This is insane!!!
This needs to stop now!!

Please New Yorkers!
PUT A STOP TO THIS!!

Mark my words, this technology will be abused some day (if it hasn't already) - and not by the ad industry.

[edit on 12/11/2007 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The potential for abuse with this is astronomical.

I wonder how many people could be told by "God" to go out and kill? To commit suicide?

How would it work for an "accident"? Maybe screaming "TURN LEFT NOW" in your ear while you're going down a busy street.

This is insane.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Exactly. I am afraid that this will be seen in the vehicle industry also. People have a hard enough time driving with the radio as it is let alone when voices are put into their heads.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

You're right. All it will take is a crazy dictator to put these "billboards" everywhere in their country and WHAM, people will start to do and believe anything the ruler wants.

I am also wondering if this "advertising" was done in a smaller market first to see how well it really worked. If not, they sure have big ones to dive right into New York.

[edit on 12/11/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
the ironic thing is, people have been claiming to be victims of this type of thing for years, and have been laughed of as crazy, saying the technology didn't exist.

clearly, it does exist, and has for quite some time. It seems they are testing their MK-Ultra byproducts on large populations as commercial endeavors. I'm not even close to being fooled - this is a military test, not some new wave of advertising.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I thought about that as well. How many times have you heard people say, "I thought I just heard someone back there," as they were walking down the street or in a mall or any crowded place for that matter. There has to be a bigger force behind this and it pisses me off to say the least.
I guess the goal is total mind control.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Oh this is so unnatural and intrusive. They should be sued
for breach of privacy in my mind.

One more thought, what if this technology was used to
feed information or answers to a witness on the stand
in a court trial

OR EVEN WORSE

What if Prez Bush uses it for his press room briefings???
He is fed info from offstage by pros at the con game???

Remember that Bush briefing where a reporter asked him
a question and all Bush could say was: oh, um, oh, ah for
about 15 seconds and then next question. What if somebody
just dropped the ball and didn't feed him the answer and made
him look like an idiot?? What if Bush is using it already??

I mean the implications of this is awful.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I`ll second that

Some of the thoughts I had while reading about it.........

Is this a fact for starters? who`s to say that others cant hear it at the same time and not just a specific person? unless you ask those around you "did you hear that?"

If its true then whats stopping another shop owner having the same technology and shooting their ads into your head at the same time,what would happen to a persons health if numerous ads from numerous shops were directed into your head simultaneously?

How could a person prove that this technology is being used on them for nefarious reasons,be they Gov or other on ones self if it can be pointed specificly at only one person?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey well at least climate change might put an end to all of this. If governments go bust then they can't exactly afford this level of mind control.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

How could a person prove that this technology is being used on them for nefarious reasons,be they Gov or other on ones self if it can be pointed specificly at only one person

I think that is kind of what Scientistwas getting at. People have been claiming that they hear voices in there head. Maybe it is like hypnosis in that your mind has to be really open to even being able to be hypnotized. Some people's minds are more easily manipulated than others. The tough part is, as you say, proving that the technology is being used against them. It ends up being there word versus a big ad or govt agency. We all know who will always win that battle

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
well once upon a time ago we started getting viruses
then they came out with a virus blocker

then they came out with a spam blocker

NOW will they come out with "voice in the head" blocker??

and if so, how much is that gonna cost us ???

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

Hey, maybe it is already happening to Al Gore.
Sorry had to say it!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
All those tin foil hats may come in handy after all.

Maybe I'll look into marketing them myself.

My company slogan= "Tinfoil hats, not just for ATS anymore."

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

well if global warming is man made or not climate change is still happening!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

maybe lead hats would be better, just to be on the safe side

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Let's stay on topic here people, and avoid all those one-line posts.

edit: yes I'm aware of the irony

[edit on 12/11/2007 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

You cook food with a microwave, which produces heat. Cell phones (and this new ad technology) use microwaves. Ergo, global warming.

BAN CELL PHONES, especially for idiots on the same road I am.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join