It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmmm anyone remember the episode of Futurama where Fry has an ad in his dream and freaks out? Everyone treats it like it's no big deal that they all have advertisements beamed into their head while they're sleeping.

That scenario isn't 1000 years off it's more like 10.

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
And the nature of this affect is a physical/mental response that imposes a specific physical experience.

No, it isn't.

The effect is the result of wave interference and harmonics. Nothing is produced inside your head. The sound is 100% generated in the air. You hear it with your ears.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Axiom~

have you gone to your Dr?

this could all be just some sort of delusional psychosis or something congenital

scizophrenia? perhaps, remember not everything in life is a conspiracy

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Very true.

For over a year, my constant protests towards someone in my neighborhood who installed a "mosquito" to ward off potentially young criminals through creating a sound in their head that others could not hear were answered with statements of "oh you're overreacting" or "you're not really hearing that." Finally they took it down, and I was able to drive or walk down that street again to get home.

I did hear that, and the intrusion into your mind where you "hear" something something squealing in your ears, while others walk around as if nothing is happening is disturbing to say the least. The idea of hearing actual voices is even more disgusting, and should be outlawed immediately.

Unfortunately the technology for such things is apparently already out there, so I think it is not too far-fetched to come to the conclusion that this already is in "the wrong hands."

What a world we're becoming. :shk:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This technology is crazy and should not be allowed. We are already bombarded with advertising visually and now have become so immune to it we don't even notice the signs anymore and it does nothing but pollute our world. Not to mention the abuses that are possible. With time the competition for our attention will increase and it will drive people crazy.

If this technology becomes mainstream, people will simply learn how to walk around to avoid these beams. Hopefully that is all it will take to avoid it. It would be my guess that if it works on our cranium, it would also have other effects on solid objects like the window or metal on your car.

I have a feeling that unless these devices are made to be indestructible, people are going to trash these things.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If someone was to put ear plugs in their ears and stand in front of the wave would you still be able to hear it?

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
About as well as putting earplugs in your ears while standing in front of a normal speaker. So no, not really.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

And the nature of this affect is a physical/mental response that imposes a specific physical experience.

No, it isn't.

The effect is the result of wave interference and harmonics. Nothing is produced inside your head. The sound is 100% generated in the air. You hear it with your ears.

It still has a physical affect...

Entrainment

Entrainment can be defined as “ the tendency for two oscillating bodies to lock into phase so that they vibrate in harmony. It is also defined as a synchronization of two or more rhythmic cycles. The principle of entrainment is universal, appearing in chemistry, pharmacology, biology, medicine, psychology, sociology, astronomy, architecture and more”

Did you read the link in my first post?

pages.prodigy.net...

[edit on 12-12-2007 by MemoryShock]

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you mean your eardrums begin to vibrate at the same frequency as the sound that is entering your ear canal, then sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In my opinion, the mental and pyschological implications of this are being severly downplayed....

I wholeheartedly agree.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by ~Axiom~

have you gone to your Dr?

this could all be just some sort of delusional psychosis or something congenital

scizophrenia? perhaps, remember not everything in life is a conspiracy

I assume the D. would just fill me full of meds or lock me away.....
I do not like medication or the "psychology" industry.
they all only want money. I have a nice job, a sweet pad and a good chic.
if i get locked up its gonna be for doing extensive damage to someone who deserves it.
I did think i was crazy and i do my best to forget it all.
I want to hear what the board sounds like....to feel the comparison..
So no i did not not see a Doctor yet..
i do not have any plans to either...

[edit on 12-12-2007 by ~Axiom~]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I was about to post about this. Sound waves will amplify in this way. I would imagine that ultrasound waves would also.

So, one of these blasting at you might be harmless, while 2 or 3 trying to fight for your attention could be harmful IMO.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Axiom~

you watch too many movies, they are plenty of schizo's who are in society as a whole in regards to meds that controls that part of the brain

it doesnt mean you are locked up

they are plenty of dr's who genuinely want to help mankind, just cause they make great money doesnt mean they are greedy

again you watch alot of TV

maybe getting diagnosed and meds would be the best thing that couldve happened to you, granted if it is something medical happening to you

im not saying you are but you have to be able to look at all sides of things

and the whole "if i get locked up its gonna be for doing extensive damage to someone who deserves it."

really scares me about you

apc

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
How many babies has this harmed?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
If you mean your eardrums begin to vibrate at the same frequency as the sound that is entering your ear canal, then sure.

That's not it.

If a building's natural frequency is the same as an earthquakes frequency, the earthquake's waves will amplify and do considerable more damage to the building.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
How many babies has this harmed?

Let's put 100 of those in-sync with each other and find out. Shall we?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
So, one of these blasting at you might be harmless, while 2 or 3 trying to fight for your attention could be harmful IMO.

Not to mention distracting. Being in a grocey market an being inundated by these things with all the visual and audio cues in place already will just create a bigger cacaphony of stmulii.

The marketing industry is one of the biggest industries in America. Does anyone wonder why? Creating an environment for the consumer does have a pyschological affect on the human physiology.

And apc, an entrainment of the eardrum is still a conversion of an audio stimulus into neuronal signal which the brain interprets and reacts to. Thus, a physical response.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wonder if some of those evangelistic megachurches out there around the country use this technology.
One only has to watch some of those tv/cable services, like Benny Hinn for example, where people will claim that they've heard a voice saying "The End is coming SOON!" and so on....
Wow, regardless if such places are employing this technology into their services...... perhaps even in subliminal ways mixed in with the background music... .the potential for abuse for technology like this is astronomical! That it is where it is now, we only need a little bit of imagination to figure out how this technology will be evolving in the years to come!
I find this VERY disturbing.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by ~Axiom~

you watch too many movies, they are plenty of schizo's who are in society as a whole in regards to meds that controls that part of the brain

it doesnt mean you are locked up

they are plenty of dr's who genuinely want to help mankind, just cause they make great money doesnt mean they are greedy

again you watch alot of TV

maybe getting diagnosed and meds would be the best thing that couldve happened to you, granted if it is something medical happening to you

im not saying you are but you have to be able to look at all sides of things

and the whole "if i get locked up its gonna be for doing extensive damage to someone who deserves it."

really scares me about you

You assume i watch to much tv. the fact is...I do not...i Hate tv...
Ive been inside institutions and had to let DR. control my ife before...
against my will. Im not going back to this. it's all BS.
I have made my opinions about Psychology, so you go ahead and form your own
and stop trying to tell me what i do.
I already feel nuts....And the fact is people can actually do this....put ads into the air targeting a single person!
It just seems like all things things that have been done to me makes sense after finding
out this technology actually exist...before it was just a myth.
you should not be scared of me....we are on a message board
I of all people look at every single possible side of any possible anomaly that enters my field of awareness. I like to be observant, and I do not plan to ever listen to these voices, I think my will power is better.
But if i could ever really found out that someone was, or who it is exactly thats sending sh^t into my head...if this is really whats going on
you bet ima F@ck em up....
like you said....not everything in life is a conspiracy..chances are it's all me..
i will deal with it

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Axiom~

no need for the anger, regarding your 1st post on this thread it seemed that you just came out saying there is ads being placed in your head

Im not scared of you per se, as much as what damage could be done in a fit of rage, thats what i meant

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join