It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eduard Albert "Billy" Meier: Are his films hoaxes also? Look and decide.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The genesis for this thread is mirageman's thread "Bob Lazar Theres More to the Story" on Feb 23, 2022. I joined that thread to see if anyone could offer any info on why at least one of Lazar's alleged UFOs bears an uncanny similarity to alleged hoaxer Eduard "Billy" Meier's UFOs. Logic states that since Meier's UFO photos made their appearance in the middle to late 1970s, Lazar who was born January 26, 1959, was in his early teens and I doubt (though I could be proven wrong) that Lazar was aware of Meier and his Pleaidian Beamships. So I accept without evidence that eventually Lazar became aware of Meier and his Pleiadan UFO images, liked them and copied them aided by TESTORS who came out with a plastic kit naming it, according to the kit's box, "Area S4 UFO Revealed!" containing this blurb: "A scale model kit of the alien craft allegedly hidden in Nevada by the U.S. Government. As described by eyewitness and former government physicist Bob Lazar." That no one at TESTORS, I'm assuming, told Bob "Hey, Bob, your UFO bears an uncanny resemblance to Meier's Beamship!" But that's another mystery waiting to be solved. I'm in no condition to hunt down Lazar, contact him and ask him all of the questions that have burned a hole in my brain since I became aware of the plastic kit which I bought in the '90s and never put together. Now this TESTORS kit is selling on ebay for just over $100 to $315!

But my thread is not about Lazar, it's about Meier and his 8mm movies. I became interested in Meier in the early 1980s while living in L.A. I started by buying the big hardcover picture book "UFO...Contact From The Pleiades - Volume I" and Vol. II, followed by others including Korff's hoax expose. The videos followed. I found questionable Meier images as well as all of the reported Meier hoaxed photos. While the published evidence for hoaxed photos came to light not all 100% were labeled hoaxes with good evidence. You might find this recent article interesting but I don't buy anything positive said about Meier's "Wedding Cake" UFO photograph, the other photos convince me with one eye closed that it's just a fancy model and no alien or Pleiaran worth his UFO would ever claim it was real: "Overlooked Photo Reveals Swiss UFO-Contact Case Genuine" - www.prweb.com...

A few years ago I watched a YouTube video by an individual who went to great lengths to duplicate the scenes you see in the Meier films which were released on videotape: "Beamship - The Movie Footage". His effort was to be applauded but since I have the original videotape I could compare and, unfortunaly, the effort fell short of being convincing. There are a few scenes in Meier's films that are too convincing to be labeled "hoax". In this thread I've selected a few of the scenes that no one has yet duplicated 100% and I'll add my views which are not necessarily an endorsement that they are indeed authentic. It's always up to you to decide if what you see can be judged authentic or faked/hoax. I am a good observer and I got into photography in 1955, followed by 8mm/Super8, and many video cams. I am a great candid photographer and my photos have pleased many who have viewed them.

Regardless of how you feel about "Billy" Meier, look at these frames with an open mind and offer good, clean criticisms/views. Perhaps someone here will have information that we haven't seen before or decent, unbiased opinions.

One important bit of info regarding Meier's films as released on the original 1990 videotape which is the one I bought and still have a dub of as I sold the original videotape. A Japanese film crew visited Meier and he showed them his photos. A large white sheet hung on a wall was used as a screen and Meier set up his projector and the Japanese crew filmed the projected films. The quality falls short of the best and the Japanese filmed sequences were dubbed to videotape back in Japan. It would have resulted in a superior product if the film crew director had requested that Meier allow his films to be taken to Japan for a direct dub possibly with professional studio equipment. The resulting level of contrast and sharpness would have been to die for! I don't see why this still hasn't been done but I guess no one cares anymore for it's difficult to convince people nowadays what Meier's status is: 100% hoaxer or less. Maybe somewhere along the line he became a hoaxer for the dream of becoming famous and rich or maybe he was a hoaxer all of the time. I don't buy the last one because my eyes show that there are questions that need answers based on the following frames and what I see and describe.

In this frame you see a Beamship above a tall tree. This Beamship sweeps back 'n' forth above the tree and during a couple of sweeps you see the top of the tree branches being affected by the wind created by the alleged craft.
closeup of full frame

This scene is the same as the closeup but is the normal, full view (not wideangle) as filmed by Meier. The Japanese crew director must have done the closeup of the projected full frame. The full, normal scene shows that it would have impossible for a pole with a string to be used or it would have taken Paul Bunyan to perform this trick!
full frame

This frame shows that the pole/string is not feasible. The craft moves around in the distance while the foreground branches can be seen affected by the wind.

These are interesting frames. The craft is seen hovering, then disappearing and reappearing on the same spot. What I haven't seen mentioned or analyzed is that each time the craft disappears or reappears there is a ground effect where the foreground darkens for a fraction of a second. The YouTube video that I used for the frames was low in quality.
frame 1

frame 2

frame 3
frame 4

In this frame you see a hillside with a center path and at the top of the frame you can see the craft but being so far away it's small. In the video the craft gently moves around.

Same scene as above with Meier entering the scene. The craft is still visible so Meier cannot be holding a humongous pole with a string.

Meier is seen kneeling/sitting and pointing to the craft. After a short while he moves to the right side and sits.

The following 2 frames are the best to see but only if you have the tape and your vcr has frame-by-frame advance and the same for a dvd player.

A sloping hillside with a cloudy sky and a mountain range on the right. The craft can barely be seen on the top right behind the middle of the word Switzerland. In the video the craft hangs around for a while going up and slightly down and then it's gone. Since Meier's film camera is fixed on a tripod the craft can still be seen.

Same scene as above with the craft just above the surface of the sloping hillside. When you view the video and use frame-by-frame and have patience the craft will appear not as a whole, complete craft but will be seen materializing. This materializing is visible even in the low quality YouTube videos.

3 craft and the top left one can be seen moving while the other 2 are "frozen" on the spot. Can you see any pole and string?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias

I think with the Meier case, I think a few of those are real and when the hype stopped he missed all the attention so he started to make fake props and made up stories.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Perception is key .
Learn to use it , or lose it .

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If there is any truth to the Meier case I blame these so called intelligent entities for setting up a dog and pony show at a swiss farmer.
I honestly wonder wth they thought was going to happen...

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

I think with the Meier case, I think a few of those are real and when the hype stopped he missed all the attention so he started to make fake props and made up stories.

Agreed…..

The Billy Meier story is what got me more interested in UFO’s early in life as a newby to UFOLOGY. The photographs are still compelling, but not all are convincing.

All 4 volumes are now available and downloadable on the www found here….. Message from the Pleiades: The Contact Notes of Eduard Billy Meier

I’ll tell you what……he certainly must have had a lot of free time……because if you look at all 4 volumes…..he sure has quite an amount of pictures. No telling how much more from other books not in the 4 volume set.

One of many……this one from Vol 2…..(read caption)

👽🛸☕️🍩
edit on 5-3-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Regardless of how you feel about "Billy" Meier, look at these frames with an open mind and offer good, clean criticisms/views. Perhaps someone here will have information that we haven't seen before or decent, unbiased opinions.

But... your views are biased, I mean, you have no doubts at all. You do believe, hence I feel any opinion will be of no use to you. Or do you have any doubts, any feeling the entire Meier thing could be hoax?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: idusmartias
In this frame you see a Beamship above a tall tree. This Beamship sweeps back 'n' forth above the tree and during a couple of sweeps you see the top of the tree branches being affected by the wind created by the alleged craft.
closeup of full frame
I can't say from that screenshot if the object is above the tree or not.

A lot of people are fooled by a two dimensional representation of what is going in in three dimensions. You say:

"In this frame you see a Beamship above a tall tree."

That's a loaded statement which implies the object is above the tall tree, but is it?

We are less easily fooled by photos where we recognize the objects in such a way we can figure out what is going on, like these examples:

Maybe it looks like the woman is above the shoe on the left. Maybe it looks like the people are above the arms on the right.

But those are perspective illusions.

Likewise, the image you present could also be a perspective illusion, where the object is NOT above a tall tree, even though the perspective illusion might make it appear so.

I can't see any motion in a screenshot, but if the wind is blowing, it could be blowing the tops of the trees and any models on a string also, so seeing motion in both is unsurprising.

Anyway I'm very surprised you posted all those screenshots of youtube videos, without posting the links to the youtube videos you got them from. Why would you do that? Can you post the links?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Interesting vid about one arm Billy Meier…..Documentary Biography

The Billy Meier Story: UFOs And Prophecies From Outer Space (2009)

For what it’s worth….

👽🛸🤔🍿

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Your inclusion of a graphic of a Pteranodon is appreciated to show that Meier's version comprises a hoax. But not to give Meier's any vote of credence, are you aware of a couple of videos shown on the TV series "Paranormal Caught On Camera" or "Unexplained Caught On Camera" or a similarly titled show, if seemingly authentic cellphone footage of a similar creature called a Pterosaur? The other shown video of a prehistoric creature was at a great distance but you can recognize its shape. Here's the YouTube video of the shown footage of the Pterosaur. Look at how the creature looks down and back between its body. Would a hoaxer have thought of creating this movement?

Here's the footage titled "Real Pterosaur spotted over Idaho, USA?"
www.youtube.com...

And this old photo may have been hoaxed but in light of the above video consideration has to be given to authenticity, with an open mind of course.
www.youtube.com... sy 0:33

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
If there is any truth to the Meier case I blame these so called intelligent entities for setting up a dog and pony show at a swiss farmer.
I honestly wonder wth they thought was going to happen...

I have never shown any interest in Meier's narrative on any topic. My interest lies solely on his photos and films.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

But... your views are biased, I mean, you have no doubts at all. You do believe, hence I feel any opinion will be of no use to you. Or do you have any doubts, any feeling the entire Meier thing could be hoax?

My opinions and views are very clear and free from bias. Additionally, because I was a successful hypnotist in the 1960s I learned what mental conditioning is an how it has been applied throughout history so I do not have a belief system. You will never see me say "I believe" or "My belief is". My mind, or me, is 100% mine, no one or nothing has access to my thinking. I listen and make up my own mind based on what I hear.

I do have doubts about everything. I said read my thread with an open mind and questioln everything. I didn't offer absolute evidence that Meier's photos and videos are authentic. I have questions that no one is available to ask hence my thread with what looks to be, in my opinion, a subject with questions.

Until someone can explain with 100% certainty how Meier could have hoaxed his films, doubts will remain.

Thanks forr joining the thread, I appreciate your input.

edit on 3 5 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I would have responded to all of your comments but this one dissuaded me as it is not coherent: "I can't say from that screenshot if the object is above the tree or not." You're right. But why did you select the closeup instead of the full frrame? If you had, would you have been able to provide evidence to show shenanigans on Meier's part by pointing to signs of an obviously super-long pole and string since the tree and buildings are shown to be far in the distance with the tree at the same distance. And Meier said that the tree was removed due to the craft's effects whatever those were which I keep an open mind on. The buildings by themselves are shown in a later photo.When you watch the video at this spot and see the tremendous gust of wind that bent the top of the tree so normal wind has to be ruled out.

I don't need lessons in perspective illusions I mentioned that I got into photography in 1955. Where were you?

You said: "Anyway I'm very surprised you posted all those screenshots of youtube videos, without posting the links to the youtube videos you got them from. Why would you do that? Can you post the links?"

I explained that I looked at a lot of YouTube videos trying to find the best for grabbing screenshots and I criticized the fare. IF you are interested you can go to YouTube and do as I did, look at 'em! Just type billy meier in the search box and check each one out. YouTube is limited in playback features so you got to do with is offered.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Interesting vid about one arm Billy Meier…..Documentary Biography

The Billy Meier Story: UFOs And Prophecies From Outer Space (2009)

For what it’s worth….

👽🛸🤔🍿

Thanks for the link, I watched almost the whole thing but I fast-forwarded past "The Talmud Of Jmmanuel" which is just religious bs (here's a link to a critical review: Billy Meier, The Talmud of Jmmanuel - Reviewed by Robert M. Price -
www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com...
The witnesses were interesting but none of their photographs were as clear and detailed as Meier's. Here's a possibly non-answerable problem connected with Meier. At no time since his photos were presented to the world, has anyone shown a photo, film, video of similar craft. All kinds of shapes have been recorded: round, square, rectangular, pyramid shape (over the Pentagon at night), etc., but nothing resembling a Pleiadan Beamship. Where did they go?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Let's not forget the Deadly Laser Gun...!

PS: I haven't kept up with recent ufology, but is there anything NEW and FRESH these days since the whole TTSA farce collapsed? Or is that a silly question?

edit on 5-3-2022 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Where did they go? ……beats me.

As for "The Talmud Of Jmmanuel" …. I bought this book a long long time ago…to go along with other Jesus Survived The Cross books in my modest Theology/Esoteric/UFO library

👽🛸🤓🍺

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Arbi….go to min 49:19 of the vid I previously posted….it’s about the frame you re-posted from the OP in your post.

👽🛸🍺

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

PS: I haven't kept up with recent ufology, but is there anything NEW and FRESH these days since the whole TTSA farce collapsed? Or is that a silly question?

I'm waiting for TESTORS or anyone to create a plastic kit of the Deadly Laser Gun. Has anyone ever seen it as a prop in a movie?

Regarding Tom DeLonge humor is never passe

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Or the oldy the forced perspective of Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Where did they go? ……beats me.

As for "The Talmud Of Jmmanuel" …. I bought this book a long long time ago…to go along with other Jesus Survived The Cross books in my modest Theology/Esoteric/UFO library

👽🛸🤓🍺

One of the books shown in your photo is "The Crucifixion, by an Eye-witness ..." could cause me to laugh so hard I could bust a gut! Romans are not known to specifically crucify with a christian cross, the bible says they used upright stakes. And there could have never been any witnesses to a mythical event and personage.

www.independent.co.uk...
Was Jesus Christ really nailed to the cross?
The earliest gospels make no mention of it
None of the Gospels in the New Testament mentions whether Jesus was nailed or tied to the cross.
Over the past few years, several people have claimed to have found the actual nails with which Jesus was crucified. Each time, biblical scholars and archaeologists have rightly pointed out the assumptions and misinterpretations of evidence behind these claims. Curiously, this fixation on the nails persists, despite the fact that the earliest gospels make no mention of Jesus being nailed to the cross.

www.quora.com...
Romeo Madrid
‘But,’ you say, ‘my Bible actually states that Jesus died on a cross.’ And, in reality, many Bible translations do use the word “cross.” But what word did the original Bible writers use? There are two Greek words used for the executional instrument on which Christ died—staurós and xýlon. The authoritative Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible gives as the primary meaning for staurós “a stake or post,” and for xýlon “timber,” “tree” or “wood.” The New Bible Dictionary says: “The Gk. word for ‘cross’ (staurós, verb stauróo) means primarily an upright stake or beam… (more)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Arbi….go to min 49:19 of the vid I previously posted….it’s about the frame you re-posted from the OP in your post.

👽🛸🍺

Thanks for bringing in the cavalry! Actually, 49:28 is a better view as it is the normal view. 49:19 is a closeup of 49:28.

edit on 3 5 2022 by idusmartias because: To add material.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join