It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Nice images, if real I am wondering if it could have been a "space diamond" or something similar, the moon has been hit by just about everything else.

Its interesting if Aristarchus is blue, but it is more interesting the fact that the other crater has a greenish yellow rim, with a bit of red to spice it up.

It almost looks like someone over-saturated a normal colour photo to enhance some parts.

Too bad we never know from where this photos came.

[edit on 9/12/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wasn't Aristarchus someone from Samos who postulated that the Sun is the center of our solar system around 230 B.C.? Then Copernicus plagiarized his work, erm, rediscovered and built on his work...

Even if it is a space diamond it is still just as outrageous!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Too bad we never know from where this photos came.

Silly person you weren't paying attention!

The first Aristarchus is from an image taken in the UK It says so.

The second Aristarchus is from the full color Clementine Satellite photo... the 64 megabyte one

They are both the SAME CRATER
They are both simply cropped... no enhancement

Oh I get it you want me to link you to it...

Ain't gonna happen.... yet

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Silly person you weren't paying attention!

You are right, silly me.

What was I thinking, zorgon likes to keep people in suspense after changing the topic of the thread, just to show he is capable of posting images in PNG format.

Hijacking threads like this makes me wonder, where were you on September 11, 2001?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ArMap,

He's not highjacking the thread. It's all related. He's John's researcher. You didn't know that, so it's not your fault, but just for a heads up.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
He's not highjacking the thread. It's all related. He's John's researcher. You didn't know that, so it's not your fault, but just for a heads up.

He is John's researcher? Poor John...

Just kidding, as long as he keeps to the terms and conditions of ATS I do not have any problem with what he does.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP...where were you on September 11, 2001?

That was quite uncalled for. What gives?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by ArMaP...where were you on September 11, 2001?

That was quite uncalled for. What gives?

The complete sentence makes more sense than just the part you quoted.

I thought he was hijacking this thread by posting his photos, that was the reason for that comment, and I forgot to put a
at the end.

I do not edit posts after they have been commented, so I let it stay as it was.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Once I really understood what I was seeing I started serious research into the possibilties.

Not the least of which is the possibility of selling hand signed reprints, CDs, and books of "John Lear's" moon pictures eh?

(look at the stats over 75,000 views...that is some silent majority in my books)
The question you might want to be asking yourself though is why are they silent? Is it because your evidence is so shocking they’re utterly speechless or could it be because they enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself?

Go for it. Whatever flips your switch man. If the later turns out to be the case just remember you can’t say we didn’t try to warn you OK?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Savior of the Real,

I should think if the person doing the speaking believes they are telling the truth, it shouldn't matter to that individual if everyone else knows differently and has simply not enlightened the individual. It should only matter that the individual is speaking from what he/she believes to be the truth. Or are you promoting the idea that we should only speak the truth if it agrees with everyone else? In which case, what's the use of having a free will or the ability to form opinions? Why not just be all mindless drones/clones of each other?

I'd be interested in knowing what extent your knowledge of the lunar landscape is and to what you might be referring as regards this particular topic if not based on your knowledge of the lunar landscape?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Nice images, if real I am wondering if it could have been a "space diamond" or something similar, the moon has been hit by just about everything else.
Space diamonds have been found...

Yup its real alright... but thats not the gem...

THIS is the gem...

The Sapphire

And

The Diamond

These two "gems" are found very close to Copernicus Crater. The Shadow on the one babove indicates it is raised above the surface ( The line is an image strip joint)

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Those are very pretty. Amazingly cool features on what we were lead to believe was just a dull ball of grey sand?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Just kidding, as long as he keeps to the terms and conditions of ATS I do not have any problem with what he does.

As to your "just kidding" We are not amused...

Hmm and just what terms would you be referring to? I have posted ALL the relevant information on the source of the pictures. I have provided a link to the Clementine site where they come from... the one from Mike's Astro Imaging we PURCHASED and therefore have rights to it.

No I did not directly link to the color image... first of all have you ever heard of a "scoop" in media terms? You have all the info you need to do your own research. I have put a lot of hours of my free time into finding this material and if I wish to build a little suspense to generate interest, so be it. The purpose of this thread is to generate interest and interaction in the subject and getting people involved enough to do a little follow up and research of their own is not a bad thing.

And when the time comes that they are easily publicly accessible you will be the first to know... (well maybe not the first...
) as I have done with all works provided thus far.

So enough said on that...

Here is a clipping that Undo found...It is on the Farside... and it is really strange... The only title that fits is "Blue Glass"

The above clip is from CLEMENTINE IMAGE GALLERY

Set resolution to 1 kilometer per pixel and 768x768 image size and look on the right side about a quarter up from the bottom. You cannot link to the clipping as it times out after you leave the site and emailing a link to the search does not work, so you have to generate your own image and save it.

In time the color version should be available from here.

It should be noted at this point that for years the Clementine images available on the Navy website were supposed to be to only ones available. No mention was made anywhere that I could find of super high resolution color images!! This alone should send up a red flag! Now they are about to be released. So perhaps you all might stop a moment and think about that. And these images fit very well with out theory that there is about to be a MAJOR push and release of info. The fact that color images DO exist is proven below

Below is a 25% reduced image because of image restrictions here at ATS. The resolution of the full image is 0.1 kilometers per pixel... thats 100 meters per pixel!! I will eventually link to the full 100% clip but as I pay for my server and bandwidth space out of my own pocket I have to be careful with too many large files [the full clips are 20-30 megs in size] If you ask nice I might email you a 3 meg clip

So without further ado....

BLUE GLASS FROM THE FARSIDE

And if ATS stays up long enough through the construction LOL Sunday evening we have a real surprise in store. If not it will be up Monday morning.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It reminds me of a bowl of black oil in which milk has been drizzled and stirred once, then the whole thing coated over with lacquer. lol The light blue swirls appear to be some kind of magma or plasma or something similar. Very interesting but strange.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

As to your "just kidding" We are not amused...

It wasn't for you amusement, so I think its OK.

Hmm and just what terms would you be referring to?

I was referring to the Terms And Conditions Of Use, those things we agree to when we sign to become an ATS member.

This does not mean that I think that you are going against those Terms and Conditions with your posts. It only means that as far as you keep your actions here in accordance to those Terms and Conditions, and even if I do not agree with you, its not my business what you post or what you say using the other means available to the ATS members.

You have all the info you need to do your own research.
Yes, I do, and I have found images like those, I do not know if they are the same, that only you can say, but they look the same. Also, as I don't want to spoil your suspense, I will not post any link, but if you want it I can send you a U2U.

I have put a lot of hours of my free time into finding this material and if I wish to build a little suspense to generate interest, so be it. The purpose of this thread is to generate interest and interaction in the subject and getting people involved enough to do a little follow up and research of their own is not a bad thing.
Thats OK then, I have a little different view of the way things should be presented, thats all.

Just to keep things like you like them I will keep my mouth shut in the future.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
ArMap,

Can you send me a link? Also, I'd like to hear what you think the Blue Glass picture is showing? What's the weird whitish blue stuff?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What's the weird whitish blue stuff?

Whatever it is it's not too uncommon...

Dionysius (Real Color)
www.lpi.usra.edu...

The crater Dionysius (3°N, 17°E; western edge of Mare Tranquillitatis; 18 kilometers in diameter) shows striking contrasts in albedo. The outside of the crater is a very bright halo in its near-rim field, while farther out, darker material is exposed, including rare dark rays. Crater deposits on the left side of this mosaic are on light Cayley plains of highland composition, while deposits on the right side are on the basalts of Mare Tranquillitatis.

Click here to download a high-resolution version of the image (7.94 MB)
www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 9-12-2006 by Saviour Of The Real]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real

Not the least of which is the possibility of selling hand signed reprints, CDs, and books of "John Lear's" moon pictures eh?

Now THERE is a thought!!!
Thanks for the idea!

Is it because your evidence is so shocking they’re utterly speechless or could it be because they enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself?

Nope quite the opposite actually... you would be surprised at whats in my emails...

Okay here is one for all you Hoagland Supporters. This is extremely interesting...

Funny how its blacked out just over Triesnecker and Arcology Row

Originally posted by ArMap

Just to keep things like you like them I will keep my mouth shut in the future.

Sigh.... now you are just being silly... all opinions are welcome... See ya Sunday night...

Thats OK then, I have a little different view of the way things should be presented, thats all.

In America we call that FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION
Okay send me your link U2U I will gladly confirm it... As I said they will be out soon so you might have it

[edit on 9-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Savior of the Real,

I should think if the person doing the speaking believes they are telling the truth, it shouldn't matter to that individual if everyone else knows differently and has simply not enlightened the individual. It should only matter that the individual is speaking from what he/she believes to be the truth.

Let's put it this way, if I was making a complete a__ of myself I would hope someone would be kind enough to hit me over the head with a clue by four... after they've had their laughs of course.... wouldn't you?

Or are you promoting the idea that we should only speak the truth if it agrees with everyone else? In which case, what's the use of having a free will or the ability to form opinions? Why not just be all mindless drones/clones of each other?

That's a straw man err I mean person argument.

I'd be interested in knowing what extent your knowledge of the lunar landscape is and to what you might be referring as regards this particular topic if not based on your knowledge of the lunar landscape?

Let's put it this way, I don't have to know *anything* about the lunar landscape to know it's impossible for us to have had a secret mining operation on the moon 40 years ago.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by Saviour Of The Real]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real
Let's put it this way, I don't have to know *anything* about the lunar landscape to know it's impossible for us to have had a secret mining operation on the moon 40 years ago.

Wow. That's interesting. So you know for sure all that Axis voodoo from 60 years ago was just a hoax? Well, now you are the expert! Congrats on your promotion!

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join