It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a compelling story!!! (Earth, Heaven, Hell)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Do you think Hitler should be saved?

Do you think baby or child Rapist should be saved?

Do you think those who hijacked the planes that destroyed the World Trade Towers should be saved?

Be humble before your God - the righteousness of the righteous is like a few millimeters above the evil, depraved people. OTOH, the righteousness of God is LIGHT YEARS beyond any mortal. The righteousness of any of them is (as the Bible says) filthy rags. Jesus stated that if He were lifted up, He would draw ALL men to Himself. He said it. I believe it. That settles it.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The difference between this Sinner and Hitler is I have faith on Jesus Christ for my salvation.

That faith is the divider of the sheep and the goats.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The difference between this Sinner and Hitler is I have faith on Jesus Christ for my salvation.

That faith is the divider of the sheep and the goats.

I agree entirely, but remember that that faith is a gift from God.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

In order for a gift to be a gift, the receiver of the gift must personally possess the for themselves by taking hold of it by faith. Otherwise the gift is unclaimed and an unclaimed gift is not in possessed by the one it was intended for and remains in the possession of the giver.

God extends the gift but he will not force any one to take it and possess it. Taking hold of the gift is not a work it is simple act of accepting it. But there be many who wont accept it and leave it in the possession of the giver unopened and undelivered. In our world it would simply go to another or be destroyed.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" Ephesians 2:8, KJV

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

But he can't force the gift on to you. You must take it. yep it is by grace but your faith in taking the gift is your responsibility. He has gone as far as he can by giving and extending but you must take possession of it. You possess it by faith.

beware or you will end up twisting scriptures to your own destruction.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. that is how God is with us in this the gift of his son.
edit on 12/24/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OK, and not twisting Scripture here, but if God fails to force His gift on anyone, how does He end up as All in all, as we see in First Corinthians 15:28? This verse is the furthest forward in time we can see through the pages of the Bible, and it show up the last chapters of the Revelation as being a process still in process. Further, if you are correct, then God's Sovereign Will can be defeated by the puny will of man.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
1Cor 15:28 has nothing to do with you not exercising faith in Christ or not. It has to do with him being in control of his purpose not that he will give salvation to all men regardless of their faith.

You will notice he judges. That connect directly too Rev 20 and the scriptures tells us that those who don't beleive are the enemy of

1Cor 15:22-28For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Rev 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You're still dancing around the issue. Can you face it squarely?

God clearly states that He will be All in all. Therefore, He must save all.

However, you cannot see past the Calvinist/Arminian axis that relegates most to Hell.

Don't you think, or have you ever imagined, that just maybe, God has a better plan then damnation or annihilation?

Can you really limit God to those two options? God is not limited by what we think or imagine. We know that He can save all, and He has told us that He wants to save all...so as far as I am concerned, it's a done deal. Still in process, but a done deal.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

actually you are the one dancing around the issue that your salvation is not secured until you place you faith in Christ.

Being all in all is not God giving every man salvation without their faith.
edit on 12/26/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The actual truth is there is no one to save.
There is nothing separate.........

That's why the illusion of you being a separate thing has to die. No man shall see God's face and live ☺️

No concept (including Christ) will save 'you'.

Until it is recognised that everything is just happening as it is......and seen that there is no thing doing anything there will be no peace. If a cause of a happening is assumed the result is blame and guilt.

There is no one 'inside'.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Just know that this very post will come into your mind over and over for all eternity as the smoke of your torment rises up for ever before him. Revelation 14 smoke is not just those who worship the beast and receive the mark anyone who participates in the second death will also be there.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"I am going to go with...Exactly which Books, Chapters and Verses make up the one true "Bible"?...for $1,000, Alex."

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What is the Authorized King James Bible?

It is the only bible available in English today that has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What is the Authorized King James Bible?

It is the only bible available in English today that has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it.

With all the many, many Bible versions out there in English, how can you say that with confidence? There are things in the KJV which concern me, both language and theology.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
ChesterJohn: actually you are the one dancing around the issue that your salvation is not secured until you place you faith in Christ.

Being all in all is not God giving every man salvation without their faith.

Laz: No dancing here - I agree "that your salvation is not secured until you place you faith in Christ." However, where we differ is in me confirming that everyone, in the fullness of time, will do just that.

I also agree that, "Being all in all is not God giving every man salvation without their faith." It is simply that God will be All in all. By that time, all men will have a saving faith, but you deny the power of God to accomplish that, even though He stated that His Words would not return to Him void.

There is the path of Calvinism, which denies the Love of God.

There is the path of Arminianism, which denies the Power of God.

Then, there is Universalism, which denies neither.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Nah, My salvation is secured in Christ by Grace through faith.

I shake the dust off my feet at this point.

There is a path you have not ventured onto yet.

17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
The gospel is to be believed and received, a gift left unreceived is a gift left unpossessed and is no gift at all to the one it was intended for. YOu skipped over thess verses in 1Cor 15 which speak of receiving and believing. In so doing your err.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
If your Universalism were correct then there is no need for the Bible, No need for your or I to quote it, no need to preach, no need to receive, no need to believe or to have faith of any kind in any Gospel what so ever. That denies all clear scripture.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

If you were correct then there is no need for the Bible, your quoting it or a command to preach any type gospel at all.

There is need for the Bible, for my (or your) quoting it or for preaching the good news. That is part of how God accomplished His goals.

Tell me, is your version of the Good News (Hell included) better News than the Good News I proclaim (without Hell)?

Note that I don't deny punishment or torment, I just see them as temporal and remedial, rather than eternal and punitive.
edit on 26-12-2020 by Lazarus Short because: do do do do do do

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

No there would be no need for a bible because God would be all in all and therefore no need to know him his laws or anything. Because does not need us to accomplish his goals.

God's judgement with out a lake of fire is not good news but a lie.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
to: Lazarus Short

Tell me, is your version of the Good News (Hell included) better News than the Good News I proclaim (without Hell)?

Yes. Without faith that the scriptures are truthful then one is left with unbelief. if one says in his heart that the scriptures lie then that is disbelief. How can that one who disbelieves one part of the same source then believe the rest of that source? If you believe that hell is a lie you are declaring that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are all liars or that their scriptures are mistranslated.
Have you realized this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join