It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

There is no measureable curvature on the high seas .

Says you....

Everything else in this world says otherwise

edit on 25-1-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Says you....

Everything else in this world says otherwise

Again , third party interlopers and an appeal to authority is not going to save your bacon.

Your video is a proof you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about .

There is no measurable curve on high seas and no one on this thread or ATS ever measured a curvature on high seas .

While i am focused on the subject you keep focusing on me .

Seas are level and straight , there is no measureable , observeable curvature on the seas of Earth .

While I ask everyone to conduct their own scientific experiment you are regurgitating the same old motto " nothing to see , no conspiracy , move along " .

Don't take this personally and please leave your ego at the door ; this ain't about you or me .

edit on 25-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

has nothing to do with you really... its your ridiculous claims

Your lack of anything solid as evidence of your claims...

the fact that you keep saying you don't believe in a flat earth, yet its just what you're claiming over and over again

We both know repeating ourselves is just a lesson in insanity... so why not try proving what you claim

And not just the same old crap about no curvature in your silly experiments

Interestingly enough i have a live satellite feed on my dish... i suppose thats just fake too... all CGI

Or some program designed to make you believe its showing a live feed lol

I can't fix your delusions dude...

Seas are level and straight , there is no measureable , observeable curvature on the seas of Earth .

and how is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you post blatant lies?

hmm?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Sorry but that is incorrect.

Unless you have a sea state of 0, they are not level simply from wave action (swells) that can have very high crests and very deep troughs.

But the really big thing that keeps the seas from being "level" is the tidal bulge created by both the Sun and the Moon.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

has nothing to do with you really... its your ridiculous claims

Your lack of anything solid as evidence of your claims...

the fact that you keep saying you don't believe in a flat earth, yet its just what you're claiming over and over again

We both know repeating ourselves is just a lesson in insanity... so why not try proving what you claim

And not just the same old crap about no curvature in your silly experiments

Interestingly enough i have a live satellite feed on my dish... i suppose thats just fake too... all CGI

Or some program designed to make you believe its showing a live feed lol

I can't fix your delusions dude...

and how is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you post blatant lies?

hmm?

For the last time ;

If you don't understand Science please learn some .

You clearly don't understand what we are talking about here and especially you have no idea what this table below means .

I am not after anything but Science while you are actually trying to win an argument against Science .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Sorry but that is incorrect.

Unless you have a sea state of 0, they are not level simply from wave action (swells) that can have very high crests and very deep troughs.

But the really big thing that keeps the seas from being "level" is the tidal bulge created by both the Sun and the Moon.

" Undisturbed " Seas are level and straight , there is no measureable , observeable curvature on the " Undisturbed " seas of Earth .

Let's not play word games .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And that would be more crap from flat earth society...

So basically more nonsense...

simplistic nonsense, but none the less still... nonsense attempting to prove the lack of curvature on the planet

Ain't gonna fly here bud

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And that would be more crap from flat earth society...

So basically more nonsense...

simplistic nonsense, but none the less still... nonsense attempting to prove the lack of curvature on the planet

Ain't gonna fly here bud

You just called Pythagorean theorem a nonsense .

Cheers .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

no i called a pretty drawing from the flat earth society nonsense

You've posted it before.... proves nothing

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

yeah - lets not play word games

now - what curvature do you EXPECT to be able to see ???????????????????

hear is a pic :

i have annoted 3 points : I , O and II

please indicate how curvature SHOULD manifest between the 3 points

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

yeah - lets not play word games

now - what curvature do you EXPECT to be able to see ???????????????????

hear is a pic :

i have annoted 3 points : I , O and II

please indicate how curvature SHOULD manifest between the 3 points

Give the distance between those 3 points.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

no i called a pretty drawing from the flat earth society nonsense

You've posted it before.... proves nothing

I think you are too involved personally in this issue to have a decent conversation at this point .

I'll excuse you .

Go in peace .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

And when you become a mod, you will have that right...

Til then i believe i will stick around...

and its not your thread anyways...

Guess what... i can play by the same rules as you play by

meaning i can fully reject anything that comes directly from the flat earth society site

thus, your pretty little picture proves squat

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

And when you become a mod, you will have that right...

Til then i believe i will stick around...

and its not your thread anyways...

Guess what... i can play by the same rules as you play by

meaning i can fully reject anything that comes directly from the flat earth society site

thus, your pretty little picture proves squat

That is not a picture but a math formula and it comes directly from the father of Globe Earth , Pythagor himself.

Ironically , you are unaware of the untenable situation you have found yourself in due to your own ignorance of Science .

By all means stick around , perhaps you learn some Science .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Actually im familiar with pythagoras, but that is besides the point...

See on your picture where it says "imaginary earth ball"?

that disqualifies it as anything close to "science" regardless of the equations contained within said picture

straight from the flat earth site.... thus... Nonsense hiding behind the word science

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Actually im familiar with pythagoras, but that is besides the point...

See on your picture where it says "imaginary earth ball"?

that disqualifies it as anything close to "science" regardless of the equations contained within said picture

straight from the flat earth site.... thus... Nonsense hiding behind the word science

Pythagor is at the heart of the Curvature debate .

Whether you like Flat Earthers or not has nothing to do with Science of Spherical Trigonometry .

Just because Flat Earthers use Pythagorean Theorem in their arguments doesn't make the theorem itself wrong either .

It really is obvious that you are rather emotionally invested in your stand ; a Scientist would leave their feelings out of this debate and focus on numbers and measurements .

So far all you do is appeal to authority , fall into various logical fallacies and regurgitate the accepted narrative .

Science doesn't work with feelings ; it works with observation , experiment and measurement .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Spherical Pythagorean Theorem
Did you know there is a version of the Pythagorean Theorem for right triangles on spheres?

First, let's define precisely what we mean by a spherical triangle. A great circle on a sphere is any circle whose center coincides with the center of the sphere. A spherical triangle is any 3-sided region enclosed by sides that are arcs of great circles. If one of the corner angles is a right angle, the triangle is a spherical right triangle.

In such a triangle, let C denote the length of the side opposite right angle. Let A and B denote the lengths of the other two sides. Let R denote the radius of the sphere. Then the following particularly nice formula holds:
cos(C/R) = cos(A/R) cos(B/R).
Presentation Suggestions:
Verify the formula is true in some simple examples: such a triangle with two right angles formed by the equator and two longitudes. For more on spherical triangles, see the Fun Fact on Spherical Geometry.

The Math Behind the Fact:
This formula is called the "Spherical Pythagorean Theorem" because the regular Pythagorean theorem can be obtained as a special case: as R goes to infinity, expanding the cosines using their Taylor series and manipulating the resulting expression will yield:
C2 = A2 + B2
as R goes to infinity! This should make sense, since as R goes to infinity, spherical geometry becomes more and more like regular planar geometry!
By the way, there is a "hyperbolic geometry" version, too. Can you guess what it says?

www.math.hmc.edu...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

This is true... but there isn't a debate my friend

Never has been a debate... Even pythagoras knew the earth was a sphere, and he lived 2500 years ago... lol

Just because Flat Earthers use Pythagorean Theorem in their arguments doesn't make the theorem itself wrong either .

It really is obvious that you are rather emotionally invested in your stand ; a Scientist would leave their feelings out of this debate and focus on numbers and measurements .

the measurements these people use are fabricated to look like the earth has no curvature... its pretty obvious

So far all you do is appeal to authority , fall into various logical fallacies and regurgitate the accepted narrative .

actually i appeal to a general consensus... a well known obvious consensus...

Hell even flat earthers claim they are all over the globe... which is hilarious!

Science doesn't work with feelings ; it works with observation , experiment and measurement .

and as i've said before, its not a feeling its a fact... the earth has a curvature

Its observable... Testable... repeatable in its testing... except when flat earth people inject their nonsense

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
Spherical Pythagorean Theorem
Did you know there is a version of the Pythagorean Theorem for right triangles on spheres?

First, let's define precisely what we mean by a spherical triangle. A great circle on a sphere is any circle whose center coincides with the center of the sphere. A spherical triangle is any 3-sided region enclosed by sides that are arcs of great circles. If one of the corner angles is a right angle, the triangle is a spherical right triangle.

In such a triangle, let C denote the length of the side opposite right angle. Let A and B denote the lengths of the other two sides. Let R denote the radius of the sphere. Then the following particularly nice formula holds:
cos(C/R) = cos(A/R) cos(B/R).
Presentation Suggestions:
Verify the formula is true in some simple examples: such a triangle with two right angles formed by the equator and two longitudes. For more on spherical triangles, see the Fun Fact on Spherical Geometry.

The Math Behind the Fact:
This formula is called the "Spherical Pythagorean Theorem" because the regular Pythagorean theorem can be obtained as a special case: as R goes to infinity, expanding the cosines using their Taylor series and manipulating the resulting expression will yield:
C2 = A2 + B2
as R goes to infinity! This should make sense, since as R goes to infinity, spherical geometry becomes more and more like regular planar geometry!
By the way, there is a "hyperbolic geometry" version, too. Can you guess what it says?

www.math.hmc.edu...

what was the point of copying and pasting the link you posted?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

This is true... but there isn't a debate my friend

Never has been a debate... Even pythagoras knew the earth was a sphere, and he lived 2500 years ago... lol

the measurements these people use are fabricated to look like the earth has no curvature... its pretty obvious

actually i appeal to a general consensus... a well known obvious consensus...

Hell even flat earthers claim they are all over the globe... which is hilarious!

and as i've said before, its not a feeling its a fact... the earth has a curvature

Its observable... Testable... repeatable in its testing... except when flat earth people inject their nonsense

That is your " General Consensus " in a nutshell .

If you are so adamant about the curvature , feel free to demonstrate it with numbers and measurements .

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join