It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: 23432

Could you please explain what you think about satellites? Without a globe Earth and hence curvature how do you explain them?

Short answer is I don't know .

But considering that the undersea cables carry %99 of transported data ; well you get my point .

www.newsweek.com...

Things at the bottom of the sea: pale fish, manganese nodules, plastic trash and cables. Lots of cables. In our wireless, satellite-broadcasted world, it’s easy to forget that most of our electronic communications still run through wires. This includes the vast majority of international calls, text messages and Internet transmissions, which must be ferried through cables that stretch across continents at the bottom of the ocean.

Consider this option ; what if the Earth is not 25K in circum. but , say , it is actually 250K .

Earth can still be a Globe shaped but my measurements would hardly show any curve .

I live in Istanbul and as soon as I venture out to country side or sail out to sea , say 40 miles , than I lose mobile phone signal .

I checked the reasons as to why signal drops and can't find any valid reason for it .

www.wilsonamplifiers.com...

8 Reasons Why Cell Phone Signals Suddenly Go Bad

1. Heavy traffic
Take a look at all the other parents sitting in their cars in front of the school. Chances are, most if not all are doing the same thing you are: texting or talking on their phones.

All those signals are fighting for space on the nearest cell phone tower. Once your phone has linked to a tower, you are unlikely to lose your call, but the more phone traffic that fights for a spot, the weaker your signal can become.

If your call is transferred to a tower that’s already full, your call could be dropped.

2. Metal cage match
Cell signals can’t go through metal. If you’re in your car, or in a building constructed with a metal frame or gridwork, your signal can be weakened or lost.

If you routinely notice service fading in and out as you walk around your home, or if your signal improves when you stand near a window or door, it’s likely your signal is being blocked by metal construction material.

The metal frame of your car, as well as the treatment on the windows that blocks some UV-A and UV-B rays, can interrupt signals, too.

3. Cosmic events
Eruptions on the surface of the sun send plumes of gas into the atmosphere, and have been known to disrupt mobile phone communications. These so-called solar flares produce shock waves that travel through space.

They can disrupt the signals sent to and from a satellite, and produce changes in the Earth’s magnetic field.

4. Low energy
Your phone needs energy to send or receive a signal. If your phone’s battery is low, it has a tough time mustering the strength to maintain its connection to a cell tower.

5. Stormy weather

Cell phones transmit and receive electromagnetic waves, which can be affected directly by weather phenomenon such as humidity, heavy cloud cover, thunder, lightning, wind, rain, snow and ice.

6. Ham hands
Close your eyes and picture the early days of mobile phones. Sure, they were as big as shoe boxes, but they also had exterior antennas. The phones were heavy and unwieldy, but they very rarely dropped a call. That’s partly because of those exterior antennas. Today’s phones have antennas embedded inside the phone. If you’re not careful how you’re holding the phone, you can block the antenna, and lose your signal.

7. Leafy greens
Did you just walk into a grove of trees? The leaf canopy can block some cell signals and cause your call to fade or drop altogether.

8. Mountain high, valley low.
Geographic features are a common reason for cell signal obstruction. If you live on one side of a mountain and the only cell tower in the area is on the other side, you’re not likely to get a good signal.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Hello? Satellites?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hello? Satellites?

See above post .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's 99% of "transoceanic" data so you don't get away with that.

I am trying to get your point. Do I assume that you do indeed believe that satellites are in some way fake? That the ISS is not real?

Come on, do tell.

And what you posted about reasons why cell phone calls explains why they can "suddenly" go bad. Do you really not realise why you can't get a signal in remote areas?

You can't really be that dense, can you?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That's 99% of "transoceanic" data so you don't get away with that.

I am trying to get your point. Do I assume that you do indeed believe that satellites are in some way fake? That the ISS is not real?

Come on, do tell.

And what you posted about reasons why cell phone calls explains why they can "suddenly" go bad. Do you really not realise why you can't get a signal in remote areas?

You can't really be that dense, can you?

So you believe NASA ?

OK .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, there is this;

Flat Earther Rocket Launch

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: turbonium1

before ATTEMPTING to discuss anything - please learn how fixed wing flight actually works

critical items include :

why do fixed wing aircraft have an altitude ceiling ?

why does the max take of mass decrease // required runway length increase with runway altitude ?

then get back to us

because - your scientific lilliteracy is on show AGAIN - and its embarassing

It's embarrassing that you can't even spell the word, first of all.

Address the issues instead of avoiding them with more irrelevant questions.

Then get back to us.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Seriously? What about the photos of the Hubble taken from the Shuttle? Fake, no doubt?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Seriously? What about the photos of the Hubble taken from the Shuttle? Fake, no doubt?

Suspend your disbelief ; you won't regret it I promise .

edit on 26-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Can I please ask why we are arguing with people who are either trolling us, or are unable to understand the basic science behind this subject?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can I please ask why we are arguing with people who are either trolling us, or are unable to understand the basic science behind this subject?

No one is forcing you to partake ; ATS is a conspiracy site and this is a conspiracy .

Obviously .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: Akragon

That is your " General Consensus " in a nutshell .

no that is another silly meme...

If you are so adamant of the curvature , feel free to demonstrate it with numbers and measurements .

What would be the point of that... lol

We know the earth is a sphere...Factually

You are the one claiming its not....

said onus is on you brother

You can stomp your feet and shout as much as you want but it won't change the fact that there is no curvature.

You never saw or measured the curvature either .

You are going around in circles .

Onus is on Science and Science proves that there is no observeable , measureable , testable curvature anywhere on the undisturbed seas on Earth .

I agree.

Science is based on real measurements, not hyperbole and 'NASA-says-it-is-true-therefore-it-must-be-true'.

Actual measurements of curvature have NEVER been done, end of story.

Insults don't change the facts, so let's all face up to the reality.

Apparently the shape of Earth is something that we dare not question. Anyone who even dares to doubt the Earth's shape is labelled a total moron, because we should never, ever, have any doubts that Earth is round!!!

North America didn't get 50% larger than before, as NASA's 'images' have shown!!

They faked Earth images, and nothing changes that fact.

edit on 26-1-2018 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
A sphere that can be measured as a sphere, which cannot measure the sphere, proves it is NOT a sphere....

It is flat, because the measurements prove it is flat.

All of this nonsense about Earth being so massive a sphere NASA must show us images of its curvature!

So would a lake seen for miles across it, to the opposite shoreline, would never appear to have any of this curvature, although it is there, but diffused, unseen - same crappy excuses l...

It has obviously been attempted by many people, over the centuries, to measure and prove to everyone that Earth is actually round, like a huge ball.

If anyone could prove this curvature of Earth, it'd be proven already, and if in doubt, ANYONE WOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE IT!

There is no valid measurement of the Earth's curvature at all, and we cannot see curvature from anywhere on Earth's surface, and every ocean, lake, all water on Earth, is not flat, seeks no level, as it curves around Earth, attached by the gravity, which doesn't even exist, but nobody cares, so let's all move along, folks!

Something not proven to actually exist, which supports entire arguments, is total nonsense. An argument takes a theory as if it's a well-established fact or something, all to support another claim, and so on...

Even if gravity is proven one day, it is not proven as yet. Gravity does not even exist, and nobody can prove it exists, while most people believe gravity is a well-established, well=proven, absolute fact.

Because all scientists have taken the theory of gravity as a well-established fact, everyone else thinks gravity is a well=proven fact.

Why would scientists go with ANY theory, as if it's already a well-established, proven fact?

Because gravity supports everything science cannot prove alone - unless gravity exists.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just point a laser at some far distance away. Measure the curvature (or not) of the laser, Compare it to the predicted models. This is all we have to do to confirm/deny flat Earth. I've seen it done by pro/anti-flat Earthers, both to support their claims. Any way to get un-biased people to do the experiment? Both Einstein and Hawking have said there is no way to prove flat-earth, other than our assumptions. With relativity, the Earth or Sun revolving each other is just a matter of perspective, though obviously Earth revolving around Sun fits our perception.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy
And why would a laser beam curve at all?

Rather, the beam should be shone parallel to the ground, and measurements taken at various distances to see whether the beam stays at the same height or rises (due to the curvature of the earth falling away).

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
and we cannot see curvature from anywhere on Earth's surface

www.metabunk.org...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: turbonium1
and we cannot see curvature from anywhere on Earth's surface

www.metabunk.org...

www.youtube.com...

Cyclinder Earth ?

Curvature needs to be ALL Cardinal direction ; in this photo one doesn't see a curvature from left to right on the horizon .

If you suspend you disbelief , you'll see what's wrong with this photo .

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join