It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: 23432

a reply to: 23432

This is a conspiracy / entertainment site , right ?

Sure... at the very least you remain civil

You've been around here for quite a while... and most flat earthers get banned

Though this argument is equivalent to proving the existence of unicorns

This is no argument ; you believe and I know .

There is a difference between belief and knowledge .

Science , simple Science of measurement is my weapon ; yours is account of third party interlopers.

no mine is a position of logic...

whereas you hold to a position of "IF you can't see it, it doesn't exist"

I haven't seen china either... but im pretty sure its over there somewhere

and again, there are many people who have seen the curvature of the earth, but you just ignore their posts

we call that blatant ignorance... and its kinda against what this "entertainment forum" stands for

There is not a single user on this thread who actually managed to measure the curvature .

You are falling into the trap of logical fallacy indeed .

I have gone out to measure the curve by conducting a Scientific Experiment .

You are so adamant that the Curve exist but you never measured it , saw it or detected it by using simple Science .

Measuring is Science and anyone can do it ; if they are bothered of course .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Again, no measurement is necessary when you've seen it... there are several members who have already posted telling you they have seen the curvature of the earth

you ignored them...

Your tests are completely useless

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You are so adamant that the Curve exist but you never measured it , saw it or detected it by using simple Science .
Pretty easy to see it everytime you drive towards the mountains and they appear on the horizon.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Again, no measurement is necessary when you've seen it... there are several members who have already posted telling you they have seen the curvature of the earth

you ignored them...

You haven't seen it , measured it , detected it .

That is not changed ; you are still relying on third party accounts while I rely on Science .

Oh well , hope one day you get curios enough to conduct your own Scientific Experiement .

Truth is like a like lion , it doesn't need defending ; set it free and it will defend itself , naturally.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Pretty easy to see it everytime you drive towards the mountains and they appear on the horizon.

NASA says you can't see it from any mountain .

You say that you can see it from the mountain.

I don't need to point it out , do I ?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If the earth was flat, I could use a telescope to see the mountains from any distance.

Pretty simple eh? In your world I can peek out my window and see Mount Everest?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

you ignored them...

That is not changed ; you are still relying on third party accounts while I rely on Science .

Oh well , hope one day you get curios enough to conduct your own Scientific Experiement .

Truth is like a like lion , it doesn't need defending ; set it free and it will defend itself , naturally.

and again, i haven't seen China either... doesn't mean it isn't there

I don't need to do any experiments, i have seen satellites over my house with the naked eye... and many many times camping in the wilderness...

These are objects that "ORBIT" our planet... you know how that works right?

they are going fast enough to literally fall around the planet, which is why they stay in said orbit

your silly tests and experiments are useless... they prove nothing

Fortunately there is "mountains and oceans" of evidence that the earth is a globe

First hand accounts.... people who have been on the ISS, which i have also seen with the naked eye

but whatever man.... keep digging on that flat earth society site

Drive yourself mad with stupidity

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

If the earth was flat, I could use a telescope to see the mountains from any distance.

Pretty simple eh? In your world I can peek out my window and see Mount Everest?

Now you are arguing with a strawman that resides in your own mind .

I have not claimed the Earth to be Flat .

I claimed that the Curvature is not there when you try to measure it .

Admitting this fact doesn't automatically make anyone a Flat Earther either .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

you ignored them...

and again, i haven't seen China either... doesn't mean it isn't there

I don't need to do any experiments, i have seen satellites over my house with the naked eye... and many many times camping in the wilderness...

These are objects that "ORBIT" our planet... you know how that works right?

they are going fast enough to literally fall around the planet, which is why they stay in said orbit

your silly tests and experiments are useless... they prove nothing

Fortunately there is "mountains and oceans" of evidence that the earth is a globe

First hand accounts.... people who have been on the ISS, which i have also seen with the naked eye

but whatever man.... keep digging on that flat earth society site

Drive yourself mad with stupidity

Refrain from Science as much as you want , it's none of my business how you live your life .

Oh , please look at the Earth beneath your feet if you want to ascertain the shape of it .

Your point about China and Satellites are a clear demonstration of the Logical Fallacy .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

lol... and which logical fallacy would that be?

reality?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

lol... and which logical fallacy would that be?

reality?

When you look up at the skies and claim to see satellites and than based on that observation you infer the Earth has a Curvature because you saw a satellite ; that is a Logical Fallacy unfortunately .

It is interesting to witness how personal you seem to take this issue .

Do leave the Ego at the door before debating this Curvature issue because Ego won't help Scientific Experiments.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

When you look up at the skies and claim to see satellites and than based on that observation you infer the Earth has a Curvature because you saw a satellite ; that is a Logical Fallacy unfortunately .

No that isn't a logical fallacy... satellites factually orbit the planet...

this can't be done without a curvature on the planet... simple physics

Do leave the Ego at the door before debating this Curvature issue because Ego won't help Scientific Experiments.

yes... i dislike stupidity

And your "experiments" are not scientific... they are bold faced lies

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No that isn't a logical fallacy... satellites factually orbit the planet...

this can't be done without a curvature on the planet... simple physics

yes... i dislike stupidity

And your "experiments" are not scientific... they are bold faced lies

No one owns Science .

I am afraid , I can no longer take you seriously .

It is rather ironic that the Cheshire Cat is displayed as your avatar .

Remember , you never saw the curvature , you never measured the curvature , you never tested the curvature .

Have a nice day .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

lol... typical

Almost Christian like... Run away when you have nothing

And don't forget to comment on my Avatar because it shows who i truly am...

By the way, no one here takes you seriously... or anyone who claims that the earth has no curvature

its utter nonsense...

Cheers

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

lol... typical

Almost Christian like... Run away when you have nothing

And don't forget to comment on my Avatar because it shows who i truly am...

By the way, no one here takes you seriously... or anyone who claims that the earth has no curvature

its utter nonsense...

Cheers

Your thinly veiled personal insults are not going to change Scientific facts .

I'll buy you a double cream if you stop relying on third party accounts and start relying on Science in your own hands .

Cheers indeed.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No insults necessary... its what happens on the regular

i get the same thing in the religious section, which is where i usually spend my time

the issue is you actually have to understand "science" to use it... otherwise its just a buzz word thats tossed around by the ignorant

Hell.. theres one guy here that routinely tells people they "hate" science, then clearly demonstrates that he doesn't understand anything related to any science what so ever... hes a joke too!! lol

try this... simple idea really

I'll even do the foot work for you.... Plantary Retrograde

explain how that works without the earth being a globe

Should be no problem since you have a brilliant grasp of how science works

have fun...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
hahaha, that is actually a horrible link... but i don't need to explain the concept to you

You understand science ya?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No insults necessary... its what happens on the regular

i get the same thing in the religious section, which is where i usually spend my time

the issue is you actually have to understand "science" to use it... otherwise its just a buzz word thats tossed around by the ignorant

Hell.. theres one guy here that routinely tells people they "hate" science, then clearly demonstrates that he doesn't understand anything related to any science what so ever... hes a joke too!! lol

try this... simple idea really

I'll even do the foot work for you.... Plantary Retrograde

explain how that works without the earth being a globe

Should be no problem since you have a brilliant grasp of how science works

have fun...

Again , you are relying on third party accounts .

I am talking about the Curvature or it's lack thereof .

Thank you for your offer but as it's based on the presumption that I must have been born yesterday ; i doubt it will provide any remedy for you .

My stand is rather simple ; anyone who go out to actually measure a curve on the high seas will be sorely disappointed .

You may have difficulty accepting this stand or you may think i am bonkers or whatever .

It's a free world .

Cheers .
edit on 25-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I already posted a video explaining how and why you will see a ship sink over the horizon...

Mountians do the same as you drive towards them...

try driving across the "flat" prairie provinces in Canada and you will see exactly what im talking about...

Other members have posted in these threads saying they have personally witnessed the curvature of the earth... that would be a first hand account which you ignore

I accept the fact that you are willfully ignorant of the fact that the earth has a curve... couldn't care less honestly

Though i will not sit here while the ignorant deny simple facts... again, kinda against what ATS is all about

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I already posted a video explaining how and why you will see a ship sink over the horizon...

Mountians do the same as you drive towards them...

try driving across the "flat" prairie provinces in Canada and you will see exactly what im talking about...

Other members have posted in these threads saying they have personally witnessed the curvature of the earth... that would be a first hand account which you ignore

I accept the fact that you are willfully ignorant of the fact that the earth has a curve... couldn't care less honestly

Though i will not sit here while the ignorant deny simple facts... again, kinda against what ATS is all about

The video you posted debunks your own claim in the first 30 seconds which i already told you and you ignored it .

You clearly don't understand how Spherical Trigonometry works either .

It's cute that you defend ATS motto without realising how ignorant you sound .

There is no measureable curvature on the high seas .

Cheers .

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join