It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

A sphere that can be measured as a sphere, which cannot measure the sphere, proves it is NOT a sphere....

I have explained how you can measure the circumference of the Earth with two yardsticks. Not our fault if you are too lazy and stupid to do so for yourself, troll.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

A sphere that can be measured as a sphere, which cannot measure the sphere, proves it is NOT a sphere....

I have explained how you can measure the circumference of the Earth with two yardsticks. Not our fault if you are too lazy and stupid to do so for yourself, troll.

is it possible that you maybe mistaken ?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Do the experiment and prove me wrong, instead of JAQing off.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I did do the experiment and my results are in direct contradiction of your results .

Now what ?

Do we sling insults to one another ?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I did do the experiment and my results are in direct contradiction of your results .

Now what ?

No, you post a video explaining your methodology, showing the experiment, and explaining the results. You enjoy making videos, so you must have one ready, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

I highly doubt you did. We did the experiment at school and got the right results.
Is it only me who had to do stuff like this at school?.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Now what ?

No, you post a video explaining your methodology, showing the experiment, and explaining the results. You enjoy making videos, so you must have one ready, right?

With all due respect , i didn't sling an insult towards you .

Your yard stick experiment only measures the curve is 1 direction ; shouldn't you be the one who revise their experiment so the curvature is measured in all directions ?

If this curve was measurable with a yard stick , don't you think it would be taught in our schooling ?

edit on 27-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I highly doubt you did. We did the experiment at school and got the right results.
Is it only me who had to do stuff like this at school?.

Do you really think that everyone who claims that the curvature is not measureable are either lying or don't understand Science ?

Thats a bit simplistic explanation isn't it ?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Not at all.
I think you are bang on right they either do not understand the science or are lying or another option is they are ignorant idiots.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Your yard stick experiment only measures the curve is 1 direction ; shouldn't you be the one who revise their experiment so the curvature is measured in all directions ?

You can perform a similar experiment by adding a clock into the mix and traveling east-west instead of north-south. This will determine a longitudinal arc, which complicates measurement but nevertheless affirms the Earth's spheroidal nature.

If this curve was measurable with a yard stick , don't you think it would be taught in our schooling ?

It is.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Not at all.
I think you are bang on right they either do not understand the science or are lying or another option is they are ignorant idiots.

It is also possible that you have never really considered the " Cross Section " view of Earth .

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You can perform a similar experiment by adding a clock into the mix and traveling east-west instead of north-south. This will determine a longitudinal arc, which complicates measurement but nevertheless affirms the Earth's spheroidal nature.

It is.

Is it not easier to just measure 1 mile in all Cardinal directions while visualising the " Cross Section " view of Earth ?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It is.

Is it not easier to just measure 1 mile in all Cardinal directions while visualising the " Cross Section " view of Earth ?

You do realize that you cannot measure a sphere using Euclidean geometry, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Oh good god I weep for the future of mankind I really do...Keep up the good work dude.

edit on 27-1-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It is.

You do realize that you cannot measure a sphere using Euclidean geometry, right?

What do you think ?

Joking aside ; Spherical geometry is a non-Euclidean two-dimensional geometry.

If you assume that there is a Curve than yes you are correct .

Aren't you putting the horse before the cart ?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

Oh good god I weep for the future of mankind I really do...Keep up the good work dude.

Science begins with Observation .

If we could observe the curve than none of these discussions would be taking place .

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
When airplanes are flying, all of them fly level.

The planes have vertical speed indicators, which shows when the plane is not climbing, or descending, because a pilot will want to fly level, normally.

A pilot will always fly level, as the plane is most stable, and fuel efficient, when level.

The planes do not fly off into space, in level flight.

The vertical speed indicator does not indicate a flight for curvature, however.

If planes flew over a sphere, instruments would indicate the proper trajectory, which would NOT be level.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

We can observe it.
The ISS for one.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If there was curvature, we'd have instruments to indicate it during all flights. But we don't.

What good would an instrument be that informs you of being level in flights, if nobody ever flew level?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've never heard a pilot, or anyone, say how planes are always in descent, which is very odd. It seems very important, to fly properly,

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join