It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Second video, it's dead pixels or something on the lens. It's clearly out of focus in what seems to be a webcam with time rotation settings when that camera is zoomed in slightly, invisible when it's zoomed in even more, and thick and clear to see when it's zoomed out completely. Textbook "something on the lens" (or window that it's sitting behind). And is nothing like what's seen in the OP's video, in fact it's the complete reverse, not only cos there are two dots there but also because it's stationary against time lapsed clouds whereas OP's object is moving against the backdrop of still clouds.

It's good to look at things beyond "one is a circle and another one is a circle therefore they might be related".
edit on 2-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Looks like that could be it

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

the sphere was bigger than the helicopter, so not a death star drone.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth
a reply to: underwerks

Something like that could be a possibility, I don't see any props, or arms, maybe they are concealed. If that is what it is, my guess is that it's military/police, because it is stable as $%&@, and looks seriously big. Definitely no consumer product.

Its not military or police, no aviation lights on it in standard colour flashing.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
I don't think it moved any great distance to warrant an escaped [untethered] balloon, it was static in that area of the sky for at least seven minutes.

Did you look at the frames I posted? Comparing its position with the trees below we can clearly see that it moved.
At 0:12.784 it was almost over the tallest tree branch.

Four minutes after, at 4:26.642, it had not only clearly moved to the left, it also looks it was farther away and higher, but it's hard to say because of the different zoom levels.

By the position of the bird above the tree it looks like the camera didn't move much during that time.

The object, balloon or not, appeared to me at least, to rotate slightly.

I agree, it looks like it rotated a little.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You have to consider the clear angle change of the cameraman, look where the telephone wire pole is from top to bottom picture, that angle change could account for the movement of the object between those two photos.

Although it does look like it's further away
edit on 2-9-2017 by InterstellarSloth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I came across these circles www.youtube.com...

And just two days ago...

Why would you even post that? Thread isn't "Show your latest UFO videos" it's about a UFO seen hovering in LA. Maybe it was sarcasm, but sarcasm with a lack of context...

edit on 2-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
No idea what it is, but I don't think it could have been anything to really be alarmed about since the chopper only took one turn around it. Still pretty cool though

Okay, I've seen the first helo to arrive on any UFO scene in every movie is TOAST, if I were that pilot, I wouldn't hang around long either.

Fred

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

If it was "escaped" then why was it static.

It wasn't, it moved, as you can see on this post.

I don't think it moved any great distance to warrant an escaped [untethered] balloon, it was static in that area of the sky for at least seven minutes. An escaped balloon would be moving quite discernibly across the sky, depending on atmospheric conditions...plus, I think it would also be rising. The object, balloon or not, appeared to me at least, to rotate slightly. I think if this was tethered, there would have to be more than one, as just a single fixing would see a spherical balloon spinning more actively.

I'm not being obtrusive here, just thinking that we need more information and supportive sightings to provide a wider perspective of what was occurring at the time.

Did you watch all 3 videos? ArMap shows the first series of stills as it moves slowly, in the last video it seems to be moving into the clouds pretty fast but just the way a balloon moves. I think maybe he realized at this point it was a ballon.

I believe the balloons that are really big move slow not at all like what small balloons would with not much air current.
I think the helicopter would have reported it if it were something else and it would have been checked out by the military.

van.physics.illinois.edu...

That means that when you let your two balloons go, the bigger one will feel greater air resistance than the smaller one since it has more surface area. This would make the larger balloon travel slower.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Moving.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It will be a real let-down when this is identified as a new kind of police or military drone. Best UFO video of the year so far, IMO.

So the police don't know their own drone is being tested and have to investigate it? Absurd!

And if they were merely monitoring it on a test flight, why would it stay motionless for so long even when there was the chance to watch it move and respond to remote control from the vantage point of a helicopter?

The drone explanation does not add up.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Moving.

It clearly wasn't moving. Otherwise, the video camera would have revealed its position changing relative to ground features - but it didn't.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Drone doesn't make sense, no reason to be flying it there to begin with, big advertising balloon makes more sense, and is what I'm leaning towards now.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Dat moment when a "UFO" hover over a residential area and absolutely no says "oh wow what is that, I'll go get my 20mpx camera with 30x optical zoom and go prop it up against a telephone pole or something for even more stability while I max out the zoom on this thing and take full resolution photos and videos"

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth
You have to consider the clear angle change of the cameraman, look where the telephone wire pole is from top to bottom picture, that angle change could account for the movement of the object between those two photos.

Rotating in the same place wouldn't make the object appear moving, in the same way the bird on the wire remains in the same place, only turns to the other side.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
It clearly wasn't moving. Otherwise, the video camera would have revealed its position changing relative to ground features - but it didn't.

Look here, it shows exactly that.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

My mistake, from those two frames it looked like he moved to a different spot while filming. I think the 3rd video he has on his channel is better to judge how far it moved, from the beginning to the end, it traveled a pretty decent distance.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree with ArMap, it definitely moves, not much, but it's moving.

The reason it looks so "big" might be because of perspective between the camera, the object, and the helicopter... It looks to me as though the helicopter was at a higher altitude which would put the object closer to the camera which would make the object fill more of the view of the camera in comparison to the helicopter thus, making it appear larger than it may be.

Either way, it is the BEST UFO video I've seen in a couple years (or longer)!

My personal bet is on a movie promo (which would likely make it a big balloon) or somebody in the area got a really cool new drone with hidden thrust vents.

Obviously, I'm hoping it's Qweedox from Rigel 7, or one of his/her recon scout crafts, but, I seriously doubt it...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Somebody should shoot it, like this guy did.

Does anybody from the city/county leadership ever acknowledge these incidents??

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join