It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's here to harvest all the sweet, sweet energy you folks put into trying to rationalize it...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Studio filming for a Sci-fi movie. That is all.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
well, a very interesting clip

presumably the folks in the helicopter got the best possible view of the object (and maybe film/pics of it). would be cool to ask their opinion if we knew who they were.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It does look interesting but I know I'd be waiting for what ever it is to move off eventually!!! And I'd make sure I'd catch it on camera if I was in the situation the cameraman in this vid is in .. x

edit on 92017fAmerica/ChicagoamSat, 02 Sep 2017 09:57:28 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

edit on 92017fAmerica/ChicagoamSat, 02 Sep 2017 09:58:09 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hey OP

Ty for posting this video.

At first I was like, oh, this is pretty cool! The suspense was pretty good and then the helicopter came outta no where and I was like this is real...shi#t is going down! There will be a war in the sky or something crazy is going to happen...

..nothing happened...pilots said another pie in the sky.

Which leads me to believe if this was serious you would have a few military helicopters there doing something. The the guy who shot the video, if he was seriously hunting UFOs, would have continued recording. But the fact we don't know what happened to the object because the guy stopped recording leads me to only one conclusion...

It must have been a circular version of this:

edit on 2-9-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

It looks like a large mylar balloon with a logo on the side. It must be tethered because it doesn't move any significant amount throughout the videos. On the first video (at around 6:38) the boy says that he sees something like "a long laser [beam]" coming off the bottom. That would be the tether line but it is too thin to be picked up by the camera.

The helicopter appears to be a news chopper, probably responding to UFO reports. The pilot circles at a safe distance and higher altitude in accordance with good safety procedures.

Since the object apparently remained in the same position for at least a few hours, the cameraman should have moved in closer. He had ample time to get directly underneath and determine once and for all if it was a balloon or something else. At the very least, it would have afforded the opportunity to get better images.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
for what it's worth i overlaid a closeup of the object over a nice still from the video, with birds and the heli in it. still none the wiser.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

This was soon over Cornwall England on 30th August 2017. The best view is at around 2.50.

Is it the same object ?

edit on 2-9-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth
a reply to: underwerks

First thought was also a balloon, most logical explanation, but would have to be tethered by quite the line, and would have to be pretty large. There doesn't appear to be much wind, but even a little would have a balloon going all over the place.

Yes it seems to be tethered alright to some degree, although it's not completely static either. Any breeze must be very light, and the balloon seems fairly large enough and weighted to move more gracefully.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
looks like your tipical balloon i can even see some kind of drawing in it

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Is it the same object ?

No, that's lens flare.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For those that say that the man stopped filming and that, apparently, didn't read the whole thread, here are the other two videos he posted on YouTube and that Staroth spoke about and of which carewemust posted one on page 2.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

No, that's lens flare.

What ?

LOL

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, lens flare. That's why the video poster says the objects were "blurry". Also, that shows that he/she doesn't know how the camera works, as if he/she had the camera focused to infinity only close objects would appear blurry. Lens flares always look blurry because they are lens artefacts and not on focus.

Look at these two consecutive frames:

at 1:29.200

and the next frame, at 1:29.240

There are no objects in the first, but as soon as the camera moves enough for the light to enter the lens we see them appear.

They are probably black because of sensor overload. At 2:31.120 we can see typical lens flares.

Edited to add: unless he/she is talking about something else that I didn't see.
edit on 2/9/2017 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Meanwhile back in the 1930s
within Pulp Science Fiction MAGS

Well that was fun,

just a government tool , Air Drone CAM

the TPTB been Messing with ,
would be the Answer a Security Spectator Tool.

in another note::

Sphere Objects
had been seen in the Centuries of Time
Recorded Reports of the Main Sphere , Cylinder , Disk Shape

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Likely an escaped advertising balloon, probably a hazard to helicopters.
Oh, and they can be ordered in big cube form too.

edit on 2-9-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Look at the object between 2.58 and 3.02.

Then tell me that is " Lens Flare "

You can even post a screen shot and let others decide.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thank you for the posting. I was waiting for additional clips as often times the YTber just posts one video so I didn't go further than the OP

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Nice find

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The "object" between 2.58 and 3.02 is a zoomed in version what we see in the first part of the video, from which I posted those frames.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join