It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

there was witnesses over sierra madre who all video taped this balloon and it was different then

a side by side comparison of what witnesses over sierra madre saw at 10-12 compared

i dont know how burried this got but i'd like to re-credit MM for his take

it's funny for both sides
1 side is like "yeahh we were getting scared over NUTHIN'"
and the other side is like "hahaha yeah a little balloon is gonna shoot lasers and invade us??"
edit on 15-9-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Swamp gas reflecting off Venus.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

Make more sense the other way round

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MiguelAngel

What makes you say that?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

so according to you, it's a balloon.
We know that there are reports of stationary UFO's, cause a flying saucer can go 200 km in one direction, completely stop and stay still, and then go back where it came from.
As someone stated drones now have the technology to stay stationary to a GPS coordinate on Earth.
So we know powered and controlled craft can do this.

So, because we have drones that can reain stationary, that somehow means this can't have been a balloon? Really?? Alrighty then.....

Don't make me watch the vid again to collect images. Every time I watch it I connect to the energy of it and it destroys my vibe. I start adhering to bugs like they are my general. Cause I know there is a 3 foot being in there, in my belief.

Totally up to you, to watch or not watch. It's still a balloon, as far as I am concerned.

When someone I think it may have been Tommyjo, first showed a very similar pic of a concert balloon, my high strung beliefs kind of fell flimsy and my wings down to my side and I drifted down and I thought, "I'm wrong???"

But I never felt wrong like this, because you are never wrong....*snip*

I a not even going to attempt to address all of that.

The UFO does not budge AT ALL in wind currents.

Yes, it does, and others have pointed that out as well.

I have a video of a true mylar/advertising balloon. It does pick up, lift, fall. Someone said "It fell down over there but it might raise up again" and it sounded like he said it cause he saw it raise and fall already. If you look at the UFO it does not BUDGE in any direction other than the ONE direction it is going in. No sudden picks up of speed in wind. The wind would just be going a constant for like 1 hour in one direction, no change ups.

How a balloon will behave at any given location will depend upon the wind currents at that location, at that time. The behavior will not be the same, from one to another, and there can be a lot of variety in how much one moves. There is very little wind in the video here, and this very little movement, though there is some lateral movement.

That alone is ludicrous because wind is quite wild and unpredictable. No increases in speed for a moment? No slight deviations, such as instead of moving 15 degrees forward and not changing to 17 for a moment? There is a thing called intertia and taking away the obvious strangeness of altitude stuckness, a wind should it have pushed it slightly just once, it would have continued going with that.

Yeah, it happens. There can be places with almost no wind currents at all. We aren't watching this all day, either, and you seem to forget, they stopped recording, for an unspecified reason, which would see to indicate that they knew what it was, and stopped before it became even more obvious.

We see a balloon 'moving' in one of the concert vids stationary to ground level. What you don't get is that it was still TETHERED down. That's why helium balloons need strings. If they aren't stringed, they float up up up. There is no such thing as staying at one level for 2 hours. Not moving up.

We don't have two hours of video of this balloon.

And you notice that this was actually a perfect sphere, like all the other sphere UFO videos, before the heli came and circled it. Right then we see a dark spot turn around the bend.

Dark spot? What dark spot? The balloon still looks the same.

They said they gotta cooperate with this chopper and at least give the public some calm in case they get stuck that it was something really off. If they add that little dark spot, the choppers can claim it was just a balloon that was stationary.

But they already rebuked that belief for those who seek. These aliens must not know how dumb we are but they tried to show their craft blend with the sky. Showing that it's not out of their range to change colour of their craft.
But a lot of us just don't get it. There's no craft on Earth that blends perfectly with the sky. Especially not a balloon or drone. The logo of it even morphs. One frame it's huge. Another from it's about 1/4 the size.

If you want the truth you look at the video and you say I want the truth. And your mind saw a similar balloon that looked identical at a concert and you wanted to say this other guy is right. This guy who lives on the other side of earth and has no connection to over here and our events. And he brought other people into his want of this just being a balloon. And they fell for it. They didn't feel like they were overly wrong when they should have. Because people work off their brain/logic/roboticness and not the aliveness of existence. You can feel what it was in your heart. Your robotic brain says "I see a double" (concert balloon) and "Thus match square with square" (robot IQ).

You seem determined to believe not only that this wasn't a balloon, but was an actual extraterrestrial craft, complete with a three-foot tall alien. What was that about someone else being closed-minded?

I have seen some excellent UFO videos, and a few good pics. This isn't one of those.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: AllIsOne
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

How do you explain that the altitude seems to be stable and the rotor wash from the chopper has no visible effect? I find that very odd! Untethered Balloons don't do that and the surface of the object is also constantly morphing.

The object does move, to the left of our field of view. Altitude can be stable, in some conditions, for a balloon. The helicopter was a LOT higher, and would have thus had no effect.

Equilibrium would be a very fragile state for the helium filled "balloon". The rotor wash from the chopper that circled above the object twice would have certainly caused some kind of movement, but the object doesn't seem to be affected at all. Rotor wash doesn't just affect the air directly below the chopper. The air that is pushed down needs to be immediately replaced by the surrounding air, thus causing some air disturbance. It's also kind of odd that the "balloon" doesn't even rotate around its own axis.

Since you know that the chopper was a lot higher, what was its altitude and how far down was the "balloon"?

The object looks the same to be, throughout the video, and I paused often as well, to get the best look possible.

Sorry, but it's plain to see that the object is morphing. Whether it's caused by the cam sensor or the object itself I don't know. If you move the HD version frame by frame it's very obvious from start to finish. I don't know why you can't or don't want to acknowledge that?

People are free to believe what they want, but as far as I am concerned, and barring further evidence to the contrary, this was a mylar balloon. Nothing more.

Yeah, the evidence thingy is a pesky little bugger. I've given two facts supported by data ( wind direction and video morphing) that can't be reconciled with a "balloon". Of course you can say all day it was a balloon (and the object in the video doesn't morph), but the evidence doesn't support that. I'd love to see a wind condition report that says the wind came from the east on August 28th at 7am in West Covina, CA. I've provided two reports that say it didn't, but the "balloon" traveled west.

We will have to agree to disagree here. I don't believe the chopper was close enough to affect it, and I wonder why it was even there. Did those people call and report something, to have the chopper show up to see a balloon, at a far lower elevation? Perhaps that's why they stopped, and went inside? Speculation, only, of course, but it still seems odd that they were so sure this was a "UFO", yet they simply lost interest, and stopped their video.

To me, it looks like a balloon, drifting very slowly in a lateral direction, on a day with little to no wind. I'd be glad to examine any video from the helicopter, assuming there is any, showing something else. Something I can consider to be a real mystery is a lot more fun, any day! I just don't believe that's the case here. The simplest explanation seems to fit too well. I could be wrong. I could be right. Either way, not enough there for proof, for either side of the argument, unless someone can really enhance the object, and reveal more details, such as the pattern on the surface.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
at this point its up to the reader . no one cares any more

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
every small detail has been pointed out so its up to the reader by now

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Wouldn't a balloon, mylar or otherwise have been affected by the blades of the chopper? I would guess that a balloon would become turbulent and begin to blow around with changes in air flow in its proximity. Chopper blades are very powerful.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I totally agree, it definitely looks like a balloon to me and there are a couple times in the video where it appears that you can see the balloon pulling against the string that is holding it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I say its a real UFO and its quite strange how the helicopter circles the object, most likely investigating it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Now this I find weird

Layers of Reality

and this from FL

Altadena Anomaly

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MT007

Really why no reports from directly below it also the helicopter is not near it.

edit on 17-10-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Interesting find. It could explain what was seen in the video.

<< 31  32  33   >>

join