It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785
i wouldnt send aliens to hurt anyone. i'm saying i would go on their ship if you came at me

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

if it was just a balloon they wouldnt've set a second obviously different one loose

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

But one of the aliens said "come at me bro"...

I also heard a report an alien was overheard screaming "don't taze me bro".

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I want to believe... but some of you people are nuts

new sig? seems you arent as high up as i thought
edit on 9-9-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I don't think any of us are as high as you.

You enjoy the rest of your existence.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That's fine. Arguing against someone's beliefs is like taking an HB pencil to a gun-fight, or a theme park gift shop splash coat to a hurricane Irma. Point being you're welcome to link it together how you want and if you see it differently to me that's fine. I'm just saying in my mind, the weight of the argument has considerably shifted in the more mundane direction.

For me, L.A. does not need to legitimize nor legitimize the phenomena, it's out there! Though I'm sure for some people this L.A. case will, or does. There are many great UFO videos out of L.A. and major cities the world over and sometimes it's harder to link what's being seen with anything going on in the area. Perhaps because some of them are "old" videos and it's hard to work with a case so old.

This time round though, it's relatively real-time and it only took a matter of days to ascertain there was a festival with lots of these balloons, with designs pretty much identical to the OP's video, in the vicinity at least 12 hours before the OP video. There's video of them much as there is of the "UFO", which let's be honest, in the "high strangeness" element of the UFO phenomena, is being only mildly-strange. The helicopter element certainly adds attention to this particular story but not so much weight.

But like I say, folks are welcome to break down the information and come to their own conclusions. It's been fun, but for me, it's settled. My video makes my perception on this pretty clear - this one has more hallmarks of a balloon than high strangeness, but that there are other things going on in the sky above L.A. that need to be considered (and investigated!).

Not everyone is going to have the same ideas about high strangeness nor explanations but maybe this shows what I mean
I'm certainly interested if others can break down their processes of elimination, whether you think it's a balloon or not.

Sat 26 Aug:
All day: High Life festival at NOS Center, lots of trade stalls and advertising balloons including Brass Knuckles (high life video)

Sun 27th Aug:
All day: Second day of the festival, located slightly east of West Covina (closeup photo of Brass Knuckles balloon)

Mon 28th Aug:
6.30AM, helium filled balloon lost during early morning de-rig (educated guess!)
6.45AM, object in sky seen slightly east of West Covina (first video)
6.50AM, object approached by 1 department sheriffs (possible LASD colors, ie green, eurocopter, seen in video)
7AM, object floating gently west, passes over West Covina (second video)
7.30AM, object continues floating west, drifting north of El Monte/south of Arcadia (third video)
7.30AM, object approached by 2nd department sheriff's (possible Pasadena sheriff eurocopter, blue color, seen in video)
8-9AM, object reaches Altadena, (photos)
8-9AM, object approached by 3rd department sheriffs (possibly LASD again, puma helicopter, seen in photo)
Beyond 9AM, object drifts into mountains, possibly out of view .. if someone goes for a walk in the hills outside of Altadena, maybe they'll find it.

The dude here who contacted Brass Knuckles on FB asking for a statement (kudos to you), you might want to scrutinize the other names in the High Life fest video balloons and try similar
It might be a good lead to see if someone has been sent out to retrieve the balloon, if it's been found in the hills or such, because a couple of other balloons with slightly different (but still somewhat similar) designs to Brass Knuckles are evident in that H.L. fest video.

Of course, if you live in the vicinity of the San Gabriel Mountains, and you have the time... you could go search for it yourself
(by the looks of it, a relatively impossible task, though you might have some luck using the "2" angeles crest highway! edit: wow, cool road, I want to drive it!)
edit on 9-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Thanks, I needed that.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ok.

I don't really understand why you're not interested in two aspects that don't make this a balloon.

1: wind direction contradicts path of "balloon". I'm getting tired of people saying that winds are different at certain altitudes. At least I've given two samples of recorded wind speeds and directions. Again, they don't match with the observed movement of the "balloon". It's easy to question my data and not give anything else to prove that the balloon flew with the wind. No?

2: the morphing of the object is rather eerie and nobody has been able, or has even tried, to explain that.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sure, and I was on board...but I've sleuthed the # out of this now, it's a lot clearer and some of the questions don't really matter (to me) anymore. The Redondo beach UFO is real and is high strangeness with little possible explanation. The West Covina UFO is only medium strangeness with various explanations.

Also for me with this one, there is no morphing. Like you rightly assumed first time round (I presume it was you) it's just artefacts of the camera's CCD. If you slow the footage down then that patch on the West facing side (early in video 1) is normal. The camera CCD is doing its best to pick up that dark patch on the darker side of the object, this can often lend itself to unintentional blur, false pixels, things like that. But I agree, zoomed in and at normal speed, it DID look like it was doing something weird. But try watching it half speed or at a rate that helps you see it frame by frame and you'll probably notice it's more artefacts than something actually happening.

The wind, at 2mph, I don't think is really fair to say it's blowing in any particular direction. No trees are blowing in any footage. The object meandered on a very gentle breeze. Winds blowing at different speeds and directions at different altitudes is meteorological fact. So it's well within the realm of possibility a ground based observation at 2mph may be different to the winds at 100, 200ft above ground, they may be heavier, they may be calmer.

But if you think there's something to it, then continue to persue it, there's no harm in that. This one and the Exeter UFO earlier this year have been interesting to me, they've given me the opportunity to do some proper video analysis. And with real UFO stuff...the explanations remain thin at all times. That isn't really happening here, sure there are a few pertinent questions as there always are and should be, and sure the object is captivating enough to want to know more and be thorough about it, but a true-FO event doesn't usually have a music festival with advertising balloons 8 hours before it, or a video of an object above exactly where that festival is located.
edit on 9-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Nail meet hammer...

Well summarized and explained markymint.

edit on 9-9-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Something to reinforce your post. The week that video was filmed in los angeles it was very hot and humid with next to zero breezes. The air was just thick and heavy feeling and didnt budge for at least a week. So its not syrprising the balloon isnt going anyware.

Also id love a link to the redondo beach sighting.

As a resident of los angeles ive had my fair share of "ufo" sightings. Los angeles does get its share of ufos. Most all of them are classified military vehicles.

A lot of them are near the coast line. For instance if you google triangle ufo sightings in los angeles county youll notice a pattern with the triangle ufos. They mostly come in from the north along the coast line near malibu overfly santa monica and head towards el segundo hawthorn area before egressing. Redondo beach is just south of there and i know of a credible witness who saw a triangle ufo matching the descriptions of the one that followed the above flight pattern coming in from the ocean by redondo beach.

Topanga canyon gets its fair share and the folks in the antelope valley see things like that every night.

Seen a bright green laser like streak over venice beach area heading out to sea. It would be considered a ufo to most or a weird green meteor. Turns out its a spy plane heading outbound.
edit on 10-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

The problem with those two points you mention is that they do not make it impossible for this to be a balloon. The recorded winds you posted were not recorded at the object's altitude or at that place, and with low speed winds the direction and speed in specific areas is more noticeable.

Having said that, I would like to add that although I like meteorology, I'm not a meteorologist, just a fan of meteorology.

As for the "morphing", I can't really see it, so I cannot comment on that.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Here is my line of thought:
The sighting in the early morning was clearly different than the sighting over Sierra Madre 3 hours later.
Because of the difference of colour, one seemed opaque, where you can see the roundness of it, the other is lighter in colour and if you were on the inside, it wouldn't be pitch black.

So we can explain the second incident as a balloon, and just to try it out we can say the first one, was a different balloon, and so 2 different balloons were floating that day. If you compare enough, I think this is a generous conclusion that they aren't the same one.

So this first sighting is a different balloon. Different logo.
Likely darker/ different kind of surface material like that shiny metal type of helium balloon.
There is unexpected behaviour, but I guess we'd need a balloonologist to really be able to say if this is unheard of.

The Unsolved Detective

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
Here is my line of thought:
The sighting in the early morning was clearly different than the sighting over Sierra Madre 3 hours later.
Because of the difference of colour, one seemed opaque, where you can see the roundness of it, the other is lighter in colour and if you were on the inside, it wouldn't be pitch black.

You appear to ignore that the man that appears to be the first witness, Julian Lopez, posted three videos of his sighting.

The first is the video from the opening post, taken just after sunrise, and even in this video we can see the object changing colour, as it moves towards the west and the sun gets higher and stronger.

(click on any image for the full size version)
This how it looks at 0m 0.033s, the first frame of the first video.

This at 3m 33.159s.

At 5m 36.323s.

And close to the end of the video, at 7m 38.281s.

The second video posted on YouTube by Julian Lopez, titled "UFO Over Los Angeles, CA San Gabriel Valley #2 on 08/28/2017" shows a whiter object, as you can see below.

The third video, titled "UFO in Los Angeles California, San Gabriel Valley #3 on 08/28/2016" shows an even brighter, whiter object.

So, to me, there was a change in colour, but it was a natural change, resulting from the relative position of the camera, object and sun, with the sun apparently to the right of the camera and low in the sky at the beginning of the first video and with the sun behind the camera and higher in the sky, resulting in a stronger and whiter light.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Mod yourself, you're making too much sense.

Are you a government agent?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

so you are saying the 2 different sightings are one and the same thing.

if you take a picture that didn't lose considerable quality from distance, of each sighting, you can see they are quite different.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

so you are saying the 2 different sightings are one and the same thing.

Yes, at least the man that posted the video from the opening post posted all those three videos (from which I got those images) on the same day.

if you take a picture that didn't lose considerable quality from distance, of each sighting, you can see they are quite different.

The images in my previous post are from three videos from just one sighting, I don't understand why do you insist they are from several sightings.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

if you read the article, and tracked the facebook pics, the ones above sierra madre were taken 3 hours after Julien Lopez started filming, and their pics are all totally different than his film.

And it was that encounter that they got a close up still of the brass knuckles logo, the sighting that was 3 hours later.

of course the ones in all 3 videos are the same. i am saying there were multiple videos around 7:30 AM, above san gabriel, and then 3 hours later there was another sighting in sierra madre where they posted the pics on facebook you can see it if you search sierra madre in facebook and click groups. i already showed some comparisons in this post of their sighting verses the original julian sighting 3 hours previous. and they are different.

somehow you missed this obvious vital point in the investigation but somehow are the lead debator for one side

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

if you read the article, and tracked the facebook pics, the ones above sierra madre were taken 3 hours after Julien Lopez started filming, and their pics are all totally different than his film.

And it was that encounter that they got a close up still of the brass knuckles logo, the sighting that was 3 hours later.

OK, I understand it now, you are talking about an image that I ignored (that close up of the balloon with Brass Knuckles logo) because it doesn't have any context and could have been taken during the HighLife festival. I have always been talking about the object in Julian Lopez's videos, comparing it with images from the HighLife festival.

Julian Lopez object.

HighLife festival balloon.

of course the ones in all 3 videos are the same. i am saying there were multiple videos around 7:30 AM, above san gabriel, and then 3 hours later there was another sighting in sierra madre where they posted the pics on facebook you can see it if you search sierra madre in facebook and click groups. i already showed some comparisons in this post of their sighting verses the original julian sighting 3 hours previous. and they are different.

I didn't give much importance to those videos either, as I said before I based my opinion on the three Julian Lopez videos.

somehow you missed this obvious vital point in the investigation but somehow are the lead debator for one side

I didn't miss it, I didn't give them importance and didn't understood that you were talking about those other videos.

Apparently, you didn't understand that I was talking about the first videos either.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
no not the one close up i am talking about, i am talking about similar distance photos so we can compare.
(note you can see the tether)
There was a big heap of notice on facebook for Sierra Madre residents as they all exclaimed what they were photographing.

From a video during the exact encounter above during the balloon pics:

As you can see, we have similar long distance photos comparable to the distance of the original UFO video. These are better to compare than a high detailed close up of the balloon captured (the brass knuckles one) which is what these balloon pics are verified to be - brass knuckles. However as you can see, all these balloons match. But compared to the one spotted 3 hours earlier, southward in san gabriel valley, it does not match any of these. And I don't think the sun's lighting would change that much.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join