It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

What altitude were those winds?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: continuousThunder

Sure, it can only be used as an example on similar cases, I thought that was obvious.

I assume that you consider yourself a skeptic which is the only sensible approach... ;-)

First: How can you so easily dismiss the wind conditions that contradict the official story of a balloon? As I see it those conditions were not met to get a ballon from east to west that morning. Even the trip from San Bernardino to West Covina is impossible under those wind conditions.

Second: the morphing on the surface of the object is very strange to me. Have you watched the video in question in HD on a good video monitor one frame at a time? The morphing never happens on the chopper, but appears only on the object...? It looks like huge ants are crawling on the surface of the object. I'm still trying to find out what cell phone was used.
edit on 9-9-2017 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I assume the weather station is only a few feet above ground. What do you think is the altitude of the object in question?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: markymint
For good or bad, West Covina raised some attention to the subject.

To me, the most important thing in this case is that we got the idea of how many people can notice and film something they consider out of the ordinary in a large city, so I think we can use this case to weight the validity of other supposed sightings for which there is only one video or one or two photos.

My take was that you concluded this was just an ordinary balloon? I apologize if I put words in your mouth!

What were you trying to say with that statement anyway?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I interpretted same as AllIsOne, but I think i see what was truly meant was in general we now know if something odd does pop up how many people will video tape it, so we can compare, if example on average 3+ videos should come up, and we find a case where there's only one pic, occurred in a city, then we can use this knowledge to see if it was really there.

Haha but this case was quite the anomoly so i think it pulled more attention than a lot.
edit on 9-9-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: markymint

Positively identified, sure.

How so?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne
a reply to: ArMaP

I assume the weather station is only a few feet above ground. What do you think is the altitude of the object in question?

Well it took around 2 hours to move what seems like 2 KM. average wind speed is 9 km in 2 hours. speed is faster during day than night so avg day wind speed probably around 15 km/2 hour. not falling or rising in altitude at all would make it a flying saucer

and to have a steady pace all through out- (or mostly, sometimes near stationary) definetely a UFO.

maybe some of you are covering up for the government, but it is a UFO

no sudden bursts in speed? no pushes, pulls, ANYTHING? just a steady- 2 hour- steady exact pace?? you guys gotta be nuts if you think that's a balloon
-albert einstein himself came back

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I assume that you consider yourself a skeptic which is the only sensible approach... ;-)

I do, I have always been and I suppose (see, I'm even sceptic about myself
) I will always be.

First: How can you so easily dismiss the wind conditions that contradict the official story of a balloon? As I see it those conditions were not met to get a ballon from east to west that morning. Even the trip from San Bernardino to West Covina is impossible under those wind conditions.

What wind conditions? Do we have the wind conditions for that altitude? Winds can be different at different altitudes, specially near terrain elevations and close to sunrise and sunset.

Second: the morphing on the surface of the object is very strange to me. Have you watched the video in question in HD on a good video monitor one frame at a time? The morphing never happens on the chopper, but appears only on the object...? It looks like huge ants are crawling on the surface of the object. I'm still trying to find out what cell phone was used.

I only have a 1366 x 768 monitor, so no, I haven't seen it on an HD monitor, although I can get HD images from the video I downloaded, maybe that's why I haven't noticed any "morphing". I will try to see it.

As for the model of the cell phone used, have you asked the YouTube poster?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
there was no glitch with the cell phone graphics. the 'morphed' part of temporarily changing to a sky blue, reappears EXACTLY when it crosses over a cloud. but was gone during a 5 minute treck of blue sky, the second it goes over a cloud, it's 'top' reappeared.

this site isn't great cause i got a feeling it harvests CIA workers to silence alien pushers.
maybe even to death. so this site could risk peoples lives. anyway hopefully not and they are a bunch of fools anyway cause disclosure is coming 2017$$

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I assume the weather station is only a few feet above ground.

They usually are, and measure the wind speed at 10 metres above ground.

What do you think is the altitude of the object in question?

It's hard to say, I'm not used to guessing altitudes, and, not knowing the camera, I don't know how much the lens changes the perspective, but I think something between 100 and 150 metres.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

My take was that you concluded this was just an ordinary balloon?

I don't go as far as concluding it, but I do think it was a balloon, as I don't see any thing that proves otherwise. Ordinary or not depends on the definition of "ordinary", so I will keep just to "balloon".

I apologize if I put words in your mouth!

No problem.

What were you trying to say with that statement anyway?

What I was trying to say is that, regardless of it may have been, this case shows that something out of ordinary appearing at that time of day over a large, busy city doesn't go unnoticed, and, in today's situation, with a large percentage of people with a camera in their pockets, it's easy to get a few videos and photos of events like this.

That means that videos of strange things flying over big cities on busy times of day showing something nobody else saw are not to be much trusted. They never were, but now we have a case that shows that at least some people do look up and record what they see.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
Haha but this case was quite the anomoly so i think it pulled more attention than a lot.

I don't think that something that looks like a balloon is much of an anomaly, something like the one below should grab a bigger attention from more people.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
Well it took around 2 hours to move what seems like 2 KM. average wind speed is 9 km in 2 hours. speed is faster during day than night so avg day wind speed probably around 15 km/2 hour. not falling or rising in altitude at all would make it a flying saucer

No, the shape would make it a flying saucer, this one was a flying sphere.

and to have a steady pace all through out- (or mostly, sometimes near stationary) definetely a UFO.

We don't know if there was any difference in speed during those two hours, as we don't have a 2 hours video. We can only assume that it kept a constant speed in between videos.

maybe some of you are covering up for the government, but it is a UFO

I wish I was, as I would get paid.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There's literally thousands of different kinds of balloons, and by now hundreds if not thousands of different kinds of drones. To immediately jump to "it must be from ET" is simply wishful thinking. There's simply no reason to conclude that unless you're starting from your conclusion and working backwards, which is damaging to the UFO community.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
There's literally thousands of different kinds of balloons, and by now hundreds if not thousands of different kinds of drones. To immediately jump to "it must be from ET" is simply wishful thinking. There's simply no reason to conclude that unless you're starting from your conclusion and working backwards, which is damaging to the UFO community.

I strongly disagree.

Here is video comparison, both of which are said to be one instant.

Good luck

Notes:
-metallic sphere. transparent white.
-the blue logo stays level with the tether which was photographed on the left. while the 'LOGO' on the right was not level once.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

I'm from the government and I'm here to help you:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm from the new disclosure team here to help all of everyone

:IT WAS ALIENS

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

do you think i'm scared of you?

if you come at me i'll re-wave down the aliens to protect me. serious

all i have to do is walk out into the night, pull the energy, they have high motion/heat sensors + zoom view/recording/rewind.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

How so, because it's much more likely an explanation now IMO. This High Life 2017 video, which would have been from the Sat/Sun just before the sighting on Monday, shows a plethora of these balloons at a convention centre near West Covina. You see a white one moving at 2:27 (also shown in my vid) that looks awfully familiar...!

It's not too far fetched that one of these, of which there seem to be many, got away from the person un-tethering it early Monday morning during the de-rig. Sure there are still uncertainties but my own personal energy expenditure on this one has come to an end, I think.

After making my own video (on previous page) and looking at other sightings, I think it's clearer to see which ones are worth focussing on. But like I say this one has been fun and has raised some awareness/attention, even if the more peculiar sightings get less coverage than the balloons..!

(Video not intended to infringe forum rules, but it shows things very possibly related to this sighting/thread)
edit on 9-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

Please don't send the aliens after me mister...

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join