It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

If its CGI, my hat is off to whoever did it. If its fake its very impressive. It could be a drone of sorts, or just a balloon, but does look like something real, up in the sky. S&F.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Dat moment when a "UFO" hover over a residential area and absolutely no says "oh wow what is that, I'll go get my 20mpx camera with 30x optical zoom and go prop it up against a telephone pole or something for even more stability while I max out the zoom on this thing and take full resolution photos and videos"

Pfff...in my neighborhood you might, if you're lucky, find a handful of people who even know wtf you're talking about. I doubt you'd find even one person with such a camera in his or her possession. Across town, definitely. But here, nope...and this is a sprawling neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was flying into Vegas a few years ago (daylight) and saw a perfectly shiny silver sphere (no markings on it that I could see like the OP) hovering/hanging over a mountain. It was too far for me to decide what it could have been or not. Nobody else seemed to notice it. I wanted to take a photo but I had one of those old phones, before smart phones and it wouldn't have captured anything useful anyhow. Anyways, this OP totally reminded me of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We'll probably see lots of them before year ends.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Moves, so not tethered, but even if it was, the tether and a balloon that size would be a hazard to aviation at that altitude.

How could it be a balloon? If so, it would gain altitude fairly quickly.

Hopefully, more info will come out. Was the helicopter pilot/agency identified?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer it is the BEST UFO video I've seen in a couple years

agreed. not the usual fare.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So_what_happened_to_it?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would love to see the footage, if any, taken from the helicopter. O.O

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Additionally, it seems the photographer "Lopez" made SecureTeam take the video down.
Even though he credited him with the video!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
How could it be a balloon? If so, it would gain altitude fairly quickly.

That depends, a balloon goes up until it reaches an altitude at which it's as heavy as the air that surrounds it, that's how a hot air balloon's altitude is controlled, you don't see hot air balloons gaining altitude "fairly quickly".

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok, a bit of a look around and it looks like you do have a real thing going on in LA at the moment and this was possibly a low pass. None of you guys shot at it so maybe you'll get an even lower pass soon
There are plenty of weird orb and "scout ship" vids out of Cali and LA if my memory serves correct. So it's clearly a hotspot where things should happen...

Here's my theory!

Jump back a couple months and you have this sighting, of what starts out as a spherical object and then sort of becomes two. The most interesting bit is the smaller orbs that are seen flying crazy nearby. We've seen this sort of thing before, the one that springs to mind is that mexican UFO that strung out like water droplets (in one part of the video) and in another had various smaller orbs rotating around it. This video out of LA strengthens that this thing really exists, whatever it is.

Outside of what you see, such as the one object seemingly become two, listen to the video content. Listen to his description when he grabbed a pair of binoculars. Listen to the way he describes it moving off at the end. He describes exactly the same movement as OP's video.

Come forward in time and you have this video of a circle/spherical looking object, though it is just a light so that's natural, again splitting into 2 part way through the video and this time at night, and looking quite a bit lower than the first video. Same object? No idea, but has the same vibe, it does the same as the first video at least (splitting into two).

Not too sure if the video above or the OP's video event happened first. I'm assuming the one above did. Why? Because this time round we have helicopters. No helicopters in the first video above and none in the second, so presumably something "twigged" (perhaps the very next day) and they sent out choppers. This is an excellent indication of what's going on, and I think importantly, how the choppers are keeping their distance, like, REALLY keeping their distance. You'd think, if it was heading to LAX, at the very least they might do a bit of blade chop if they suspect it to be a balloon and blow it off course?

Another angle of OP's vid, showing spectators and, perhaps the one time a vertical video was worth it...! And that looks like a military helicopter. So yes they probably do have FLIR footage and communications on record about it now.

So maybe you are going through something. Maybe you're going through something as undeniable as The Battle of LA UFO. The question is whether you will accept it or deny it, or at least, allow it to be.

Or maybe there's more flakka vapour in that smog you breathe than you first thought

Granted, the op's video does seem like it might just be another Tom Cruise movie (someone said Batman was on the sphere, maybe it was Tom Cruise he always does his own stunts!) but the other two vids make this new sighting all the more curious, in my opinion at least
Places have things with UFOs, we know this, history teaches us this... No reason LA can't be having one of its own today in this time. It does now have my curiosity box ticked. I'm going to try and analyse the OP's video footage and see if there's anything else to learn.

Edit notes: The Redondo Beach Dog Park video above, by my calculation makes it look to perhaps above the Santa Monica area. OP's video flight path suggests San Gabriel heading in the direction of LA downtown and Santa Monica (beyond that). Maybe significant somehow maybe not? Anything out of Santa Monica specifically lately?

Edit yes there is at least something out of SM...

...though this one is tougher cos it's got a balloony feel. I think the "Steady-shot" technology makes it look like CGI motion tracking, but my personal jury is out cos its 6 minutes (quite a big motion tracking project that'd be) and I can't decide if I'm seeing strangeness or wobbly balloons...haha. HD version at MUFON: www.mufoncms.com...

I personally look for connections, if things are connecting then things are happening IMO, rather than one-offs or singular encounters. I'd say what's going on in LA has connections, even if it is as the santa monica guy says, "some kind of promotion". Could be a UFO wave...could be a malfunctioning balloon factory. Whichever, enjoy it whilst it lasts!

And hopefully someone can catch something WITHOUT A FREAKING IPHONE ie something that has a proper zoom like you know, camcorder?

And slightly off-topic I apologise but whilst we're in the LA/Cali region looking for similar incidents, check this one out from MUFON. The guy is like "Am I tripping?" and his lady companion reassures him he's not, haha. My new favourite reaction to a UFO!! If all the vids I've written about above do have connections to one another, there's no reason these objects can't all come together and make a large colored sky worm, right?
www.mufoncms.com...

Los Angeles august, could be a drone, not great footage:
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...

Sacramento Cali august, witness drawing:
www.mufoncms.com...
edit on 2-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

I've seen something that looked EXACTLY like this. It was moving forward over tree tops in similar daylight. Saw it for about ten seconds, filed a Mufon report

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Thanks for that research, good stuff

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

thanks for the informative post

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Somebody should shoot it, like this guy did.

Independence Day quote of the day:

Once again, the L.A.P.D. is asking Los Angelenos not to fire their guns at the visitor spacecraft. You may inadvertently trigger an interstellar war.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Don't think it's a movie trailer.. too long, for one.. other photographs from others who saw it as well. And too.. boring. I think this actually happened. Drone? I don't think so.. the helicopter flew around the thing.. so while perspective may have some to do with it.. I think it's fairly large. As large or larger than the helicopter. Drones that hover have rotors.. that's it. It's a sphere.. without rotors, no lift. I don't think it's a commercial / consumer drone at any rate. Doubt it's military either. Weird balloon is my final guess, or something else entirely. It floats off.. so no tether. And it does not act like a balloon to be honest. It stays level.. no rising.. no falling.. there is -some- wind there, keep in mind wind at ground level is different thank 1k in the air.

Not sure what this is.. but very intriguing!

Edit to add.. another odd thing is for the first half the video or more.. the dark spot seems like a protrusion, but still.. nearly flush and flat. At the end, it seems to be further out, even causing a shadow. Even the guy taking the video commented how it looks like a bird hatching. Could possibly be lighting, but it looks like something actually has changed on the object. Guy says dinosaur.. kid says laser.. they said nothing like this earlier, makes me think it changed as it was floating there.
edit on 2-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It doesn't appear to make even a single full rotation in the main video. I guess my point is that if the wind is moving it, why isn't it "tumbling" or rotating?

In the second video it seems to have a more distinguishable pattern (the part that appears like a protrusion). Maybe someone recognizes it as a company logo or something? To me, it reminded me of an emoji's eye or something...!

I've flipped the image round in that pic, but in the video it actually holds that position for a good minute or two (the "logo" never moves).

That said, the pattern above seems to be different to the pattern/black patch on the opposite side (seen at the start of the main video). A curious (inverted) 8-ball ufo!
edit on 2-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Could be this:

www.phodia.com...

This site should let you embed.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I was thinking a marketing set up perhaps. Good catch on Phodia and yea they make balloons for cameras to hang from, for advertising logos and marketing. Phodia, The one's shown all have a visible tether.

I'm not sure about tether in OP's vid, because I don't see one, but the image isn't super clear. I wonder if they could make a super strong yet small diameter cable that is made of clear material(polymer,graphene). I guess a black line could be hard to see also.

The way it was somewhat stationary(slight drift),the fact that it lights up at night, and that no authorities took any measures makes me lean towards a marketing effort of some sort.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
SO... it happened in LOS ANGELES, and HE'S the only one with footage of it? Any other footage from someone else? Anyone check the Los Angeles Times? SURELY it would've made newspaper headlines...

Not only that, but he uploaded a second video of it, and it SERIOUSLY looks like CGI:

edit on 2-9-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join