It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I saw a similar shape in the sky a year or two back and thought it quite odd. The biggest difference was the fact the object i saw was moving.
Managed to keep an eye on it for the drive home and got the telescope on it. It did look shiny and metallic from the ground. Once i saw it in through the telescope it was obvious it was a huge balloon of some sort, i assumed a weather balloon, as I've never seen one before.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

To be honest, until some super high def photos come out from the heli's, or someone on the ground with a nice telephoto lens, I won't be able to come to a conclusion. I looked nice and long at the 2nd and 3rd angle, the finish on it doesn't remind me of any balloons I've ever seen. Nor does the size, think about what an average size birthday balloon would like from there, it would be a dot. It does actually move a little bit, not as much as I would think a balloon would, but it does move. Although, I think anything that's already in the air has the ability to move.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
After looking at it verrry close up it does look like it could be a birthday balloon

edit on 2-9-2017 by InterstellarSloth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: nofear39
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Easy the best UFO clip I've seen but I'd like to see the end of the vid to see what happened to it ? Always makes me suspicious when the is no ending 😳

Exactly! What, was the dude like "well, enough of this, let's watch Game of Thrones"

How is it not interesting enough to keep filming?!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
A friend of mine has a father who is a senior scientist at Lawrence Liv labs. He told me some interesting stuff about reverse engineering and the reality of it.

... And?!

Leave us hanging, why don't ya? Elaborate, pretty please.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it wasn't seen as a threat or something of interrest. Otherwise every special agency, every UFO heavyweight, every government official and certainly every news agency would be all over it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hate when UFO vids just end. With no ending showing how it left it makes me suspicious about it. Did they realize what it was and just not mention it?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Here are two comments from eye witnesses:

Andrew:

I seen it in El Monte it looked crazy! At mountain view high school

eric alley

Andrew and I both saw this object this morning 6:45 - 7:30 from Mt. View H.S in El Monte. It just sat in the same position for a long time, perhaps circling slowly. It then traveled slowly southwest towards Long Beach. I wouldn't have believed it if we didn't witness it with our own eyes.

So that rules out a tethered balloon, unless it was attached to a car or someone was holding it riding a bike.. LOL

Some additional thoughts:
- Since the object is first perfectly stationary for a long time, and then moves southwest, it can't be a free-floating balloon.
- If it's not a balloon, it can only be a drone or a UFO. (assuming it's not an unknown species of bird)
- Referencing the helicopter for size and distance, the object looks to be between 20 and 40 feet in diameter, and somewhere between 300 and 1000 feet high.
- If it's a drone, it's definitely not one known to the public.
- If it's a drone of roughly 20 to 40 feet in diameter, I'd imagine you'd probably be able to hear the rotors, unless it uses a different technology for lift and horizontal motion...

So this leaves us with only 2 options:

1. It's a drone with new or secret military technology.
2. It's a UFO from outer space.

Both are mind-blowing!

soulwaxer

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Here is a video a bit later from the same guy. This shows the object slowly floating away with the helicopter watching from a distance:

I'm going with UFO from outer space!

soulwaxer

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Another video

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I, my partner and my eldest have seen something identical about 5 years ago. My partner doesn't like talking about it because it requires acknowledging she's seen something she can't explain. We're based in the British Channel Islands.

S+F

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I live in So Calif,near the San Bernardino mountains,and we see all sorts of crazy things over the hill,giant square box like things,one pure black other ,silver with intriquite design to it,I has 2 skeptics try to explain them away as they looked at them with my binoculars,lot's of crazy stuff on other side too

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
Here is a video a bit later from the same guy. This shows the object slowly floating away with the helicopter watching from a distance:

I'm going with UFO from outer space!

soulwaxer

it's strange how the helicopter is keeping it's distance from the object, are they scared from getting closer?

edit on 2 9 2017 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The commentator says "...it looks like big balloon" I agree.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I guess even Alien aircraft get tech problems
! Interesting to see if this was filmed by anyone else or even the crew of that heli.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It could be a drone/cctv checking the area. Not a balloon for me as it doesn't move at all. Definitely not CGI.

A UFO orb of some kind would have bought more attention from the copter guy/girl.

I'd say drone.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Perhaps one of these?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The first thing I noticed is that the sphere is not stationary, it moves to the left, even at the start of the first video. It can be seen in the following frames, just look at the bottom of the images to see how the sphere moves in reference to the tree line.

Taken at 0:12.784

Taken at 0:31.058

Taken at 1:08.241

Taken at 2:03.163

Taken at 2:09.355

Taken at 4:26.642

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I realize what I'm about to say has been said in a million UFO threads but,
That is a balloon of some kind. Might even be the fabled weather variety.

I think it's a balloon but not a weather balloon, those are made for high altitude and low air pressure, so they aren't round at low altitudes.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
- Since the object is first perfectly stationary for a long time, and then moves southwest, it can't be a free-floating balloon.

It does move, and even if it didn't that doesn't rule out a free-floating balloon, as they only move with the wind, so no wind, no movement, and we don't see any signs of wind on the trees.

- Referencing the helicopter for size and distance, the object looks to be between 20 and 40 feet in diameter, and somewhere between 300 and 1000 feet high.

We don't know how close the helicopter was to the sphere, as it looks (to me) that the helicopter was higher than the sphere and so not as close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join