It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any UK members have personal experiences with Muslim no go zones?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

This also means STAY on TOPIC, and avoid BICKERING!!!!
You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Any UK members have personal experiences with Muslim no go zones?

I am asking because in one my future threads I am going to be telling the story of a Radical Islamist and how his ideology relate to the Muslim No Go Zones in the UK and Europe.

Right now I am gathering information and I would like your help by posting any personal stories if you have any.

I will post some of your stories and this thread when I am done.

My work has taken me to the arse-end of Birmingham (the city one of your news channels identified as a "no-go zone") on multiple occasions. Even in the areas with an overwhelming majority population, never had a reason to feel concerned or worried - well, not beyond the normal concern or worry you might feel in rougher parts of a big city.

I need to apologise to any UK posters who are confused by my referring to an "arse-end" in Birmingham. The US posters may not be aware of thise, but it's a scientifically proven fact that Birmingham is one of the few cities where the entirety of the city is its own arse-end.
edit on Ev13WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 31 May 2017 18:13:48 -05000092017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It just proves how thin-skinned the political class has deemed the British people in Britain. So thin-skinned and scared of words that you need the nanny state to protect you from them. Meanwhile a radical Islamic terrorist can wave an ISIS flag from his balcony without repercussion.

That never happened, it was a Libya flag. 'Manchester is home to one of the largest Libyan communities in the UK. Neighbours have talked about the family having a Libyan flag flying in its house at certain times of the year.' - www.bbc.co.uk...

Are you saying being publicly racist is a good thing and should be encouraged?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If I am wrong then I am wrong and if that be the case then fair enough as I would write a retraction (Have no written one), you need to tone down your vitriol.

Had you really wanted to correct me rather than pick a wobbly then you only had to put a direct to an official news source and we could then have all decided if we accepted the carrot on the stick eh, you might not know this but I am actually NOT a racist if that is the bucket you are putting me into in your little category tray but I do personally hate Islam as it is an abomination, I have a sister married to a former Iranian revolutionary guard who got here on a Libyan passport in the 80's and who also own's a German passport, the guy has a photo of himself with two of his comrades from the Iran/Iraq war in which the three are smiling broadly and look's like any other photo of soldiers taken in a time of happiness EXCEPT my brother in Law Javod is holding some poor guy's head in his hand by it's hair, a young Iraqi Soldier and in his other hand he has the bloody knife.

So if I do happen to have a slight suspicion of Nutters with radical Islamic background's I believe I have a very good basis to do so don't you.

Right I could not remember the boys name until your slightly uncivil comment Solo but here are some pages and yes THIS IS A RETRACTION.

*** I Was Wrong it was not honor related rather it was RACIST and it was indeed a revenge attack against a random white kid. ***

So if I did offend by my honest mistake I apologize, it was for me a half remembered case but one that at the time made my blood boil and indeed still does, these guy's should have been dropped from a gibbet.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.theguardian.com...
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Once again you only had to correct me in a normal manner, I always had the highest respect for you Solo and that is gone now though I still respect your political opinion.

edit on 31-5-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Bollocks. You have entire decaying cities filled with uneducated poverty stricken blacks. Detriot, oakland ect speak for themselves.

My apologies. I didn't realize those areas made up the majority of the US.

But I want to thank you for your response. You have proven what I have suspected for a long time.

I will leave you to your beliefs and your convictions.

edit on 31-5-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I don't think there are official no go zones, but there are many areas that are highly dangerous.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It just proves how thin-skinned the political class has deemed the British people in Britain. So thin-skinned and scared of words that you need the nanny state to protect you from them. Meanwhile a radical Islamic terrorist can wave an ISIS flag from his balcony without repercussion.

That never happened, it was a Libya flag. 'Manchester is home to one of the largest Libyan communities in the UK. Neighbours have talked about the family having a Libyan flag flying in its house at certain times of the year.' - www.bbc.co.uk...

Are you saying being publicly racist is a good thing and should be encouraged?

Two conflicting stories:

"Abedi, who was born in the UK to Libyan parents who had fled Muammar Gaddafi’s regime, had shown signs of extremism including flying an Islamist flag from his Manchester home but not raised sufficient alarm to spark intervention by British security services."

The Independant

"He just looked like a normal lad going about his business, going to the shops, I would pass by him on the street but he never had much to say," Keary said. "He used to fly a flag with Arabic writing on hanging out of the window but there are a lot of different types of people around here so I didn't think much of it. I can't believe he did this."

USA today

I will concede it may not be an ISIS flag, but there is no Islamic writing on a Libyan flag.

No, I'm saying you nor anyone else will light on fire if you hear words you do not like, no matter how much your government forces you to believe otherwise.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The original source for that was the Daily Star which has about as much credibility as World News Daily.

The laws don't work like that, you could only be prosecuted for religious hatred if you're issuing direct threats with the clear intention to stir up racial or religious hatred as we have freedom of expression. The speech can be abusive, insulting or mocking as anyone wishes and the law protects the rights of the person to say it:

"Nothing in this Part shall be read or given effect in a way which prohibits or restricts discussion, criticism or expressions of antipathy, dislike, ridicule, insult or abuse of particular religions or the beliefs or practices of their adherents, or of any other belief system or the beliefs or practices of its adherents, or proselytising or urging adherents of a different religion or belief system to cease practicing their religion or belief system."

- to be guilty a person would literally have to be calling for all followers of the reigion to be set on fire. Most Western nations have laws against issuing direct calls for violence and inciting riots.
edit on 1-6-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

(Sigh)
They don't exist. I live in London and my wife has taught in schools in Ilford and Barking, both with high numbers of minorities. There aren't any 'No-go' areas. They are a product of the demented imaginations of a number of doomsayers on Faux News. People like Sean Hannity might desperately wish that they did exist, so that he can have something to point and shriek at, but they don't exist.
Oh and by the way, I'd like to point out that the mothers of the kids that my wife taught made the best Indian food I have ever had in my life. All homemade and amazingly tasty.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I've never seen any Muslim no-go zones and I've travelled extensively around the UK.
Admittedly I've always lived in a 98-99% white/Christian/no faith area, but even when I've been in Muslim majority housing estates I've experienced no more or less trouble than when in similar mainly white/Christian/no faith places.

There are # holes in every town and city around the UK, my state of alert is the same everywhere when I'm not from the community, regardless of majority skin colour or religion.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
When at University in 1996 in Leicester and working in Bradford around a decade ago I was told of areas that were unsafe for non-Muslims. In Leicester, as someone with a Northern Irish accent I experienced hassle only in 'white' working class areas. However in Bradford, around 2004, I did experience problems from Muslims, I wouldn't say specific areas but more just in general, groups of youths on the street but they did make comments to imply it was religiously motivated.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

As you explained, similar bigotry problems in non Muslim majority areas as Muslim areas.
I can think of loads of # hole majority white/Christian/no faith council estates which are 'no go' areas for Muslims, Sikhs and anyone else different.
Places with knuckle draggers who don't even know the difference between a Sikh in a turban and a Muslim guy wearing a thobe.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As a proud Yorkshireman, no-go areas include:

Lancashire
France (not UK but still worth getting in there)
Anywhere south / east of Watford - West is fine and dandy though.
Lancashire
That there London.
Lancashire

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Lived in the U.K. all my life, located about 40-50 miles east of London in county of Essex. I've never had any experiences of no go areas even though Essex has its fair share of multi culture areas. Living around me I have Eastern Europeans, Africans and muslims but never had a problem at all

I can't speak for London (the closest major city to me) I rarely go there and when i do I end up in the tourist areas however I wouldn't putting it past anyone to say that some of the run down areas in London, being a white English male I'd feel slightly uncomfortable going into but not because of muslims but because of gang cultures in general.

I will share a small story though, going back a few years when a friend of mine had passed his driving test, late one night my friend suggested driving into London one night for a laugh. We were happily driving along not causing trouble or anything when we had a police car pull us over. The 4 of us were all asked to get out the car, after being asked what we were up to to which we replied 'just having a drive about' the police weren't happy with our answer so we asked what were the police expecting us to be doing. Having also gone through my friends car the police said 'well we saw you 4 in a car and being all white guys we assumed you may be dealing drugs as the area you are in is a majority black community and large groups of men driving around at night here are either drug dealing or looking for somewhere to break into'

After realising we weren't up to anything the police relaxed they still found time to make us worried, an officer was doing through the back of my friends car one officer said 'oh what do we have here then!' All of us looked at each other worried and my driving friend looked at me (knowing I usually dabble in the odd joint smoking) thinking I had drugs in the car. The officer said (before we knew was he was looking at) 'can you guys explain these... there's some high heals and coke in the boot' we all started to panic 'who the hell put coc aine in the car!' My friend was saying. The officer smiled held up the high heels and an 8 pack of Coca Cola cans. We all breathed a sigh of relief. For the record my heels were my friends partners

After having a chat with the police we were told to be careful around the area we were in especially at the time of night we were driving about

Long story short .. no I haven't experienced no go areas ... just some areas I didn't feel too happy being there
edit on 1-6-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well it seems I have been mistaken then. I would like to apologize to my British friends. I would like to thank you all for correcting me.
edit on 6/1/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well it seems I have been mistaken then. I would like to apologize to my British friends then. I would like to thank you all for correcting me.

No problem OP.

I think it is more the media to blame for your mistake than yourselve

I always have a lot of respect for a member who admits to being mistaken

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well it seems I have been mistaken then. I would like to apologize to my British friends then. I would like to thank you all for correcting me.

No problem OP.

I think it is more the media to blame for your mistake than yourselve

I always have a lot of respect for a member who admits to being mistaken

Seconded. Sadly some US media parrot these fabricated 'no areas' - No appology needed, you were wise to ask the question for the sake of accuracy and had the maturity to admit your views were understandably mistaken given the press coverage - it's the press who should be appologizing. Thanks for reading and taking the posts on board, likewise it's earnt my respect.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Actually, there was one area considered a "no go" area back in the day - although, in fairness, this information was given to me by friends and acquaintances at the time; official recognition can't be found. That place was "Broadwater Farm" and its environs.

Link to what happened many moons ago:

en.wikipedia.org...

Additionally, there appear to be other areas considered, shall we say, difficult. Make of this link what you will, I have no grounds to prove nor disprove:

www.lbc.co.uk...

However, neither of these links provide evidence that there are Islamic no-go zones. There are certainly areas in London I wouldn't walk around in - but they are not race-specific; they could be any race/colour/creed. Where am I is predominantly white and there are some specimens I'd cross the road to avoid. They hang around certain areas (usually packing Special Brews) and waiting for certain cars to arrive. And at 7:30 in the AM too.

Personally, I think London is turning into a toilet and I'm looking to move soon. Shame given the length of time I've lived here.

PS apologies if this is causing thread drift but I wanted to point out the Islamic angle does not, as far as I can see, exist.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Don't apologise, you asked a question based on media reports, that's fair enough.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

I do remember that, it was not so much race as gang culture exacerbated by extreme poverty and youth unemployment which itself was made worse by the racism of employers as the family's who lived there were mainly Afro Caribbean's and African migrant's and the 1980's riot's this also led too, there were also wrong claims in the media in the 80's which tried to paint Toxteth in Liverpool, my neck of the wood's as a no go area because of the slightly smaller riot's that happened there but if I remember that was the Sun and even when we did buy the sun before Hillsborough (would not dirty my hands by even touching it now) it ended up as loo paper (well we were quite poor and loo paper cost's money) but sadly it meant my arse was rather uneducated and believed all kind's of garbage lies, still page three was handy as it distracted while the hot curry and lager of the night before had it's revenge as it created that burning ring of fire sensation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join